Hello, hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hierophant

Original poster
Hey, I'm a new player. A friend shared the website and I thought it'd be fun to try my hand at some roleplaying. I haven't done anything of the sort in a while, so I'm more than a little rusty. The closest thing I have to experience for the last few years are some on-again off-again tabletop RPGs, so apologies if I manage to break decorum. I go by Hierophant, I'm a bloke, and I'm perfectly content with one-on-one or group roleplays. As for other hobbies, I'm a big fan of video games, books, some television, and writing, obviously enough. Tabletop games (Dungeons and Dragons, World of Darkness, 40k RPGs and the like) are really a soft spot, though.

Welcome, Hierophant, to Iwaku! 8D

Welcome
Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games!
But in all seriousness welcome to Iwaku, hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.
Iwaku's a great site and fairly easy to use and navigate, but if you ever need any help don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

Here's a couple of things I've found invaluable which you may or may not already know:

• There's a little "watch thread" thing at the top right of threads, if the thread is important to you, you can hit it and get alerts any time someone posts there!
  • Iwaku uses BBcode, which is a really useful and cool way to add life to your posts. In the rich text editor(default), you don't need to worry about code craziness, but if you hit the "BBCode editor" button in the top right you get to see all the guts of your post style and can use cool techniques you might find around the site! (Note: some code; the "fieldset" tag used in this post for instance, is viewable in the rich text editor. trial and error is your friend in this matter.)
  • To view a post before you actually throw it up for all to see, hit "more options" for a more in depth post window, (don't worry, you'll be redirected back when you post,) then hit preview.

Hi there Hierophant :D We're happy to have you!

*takes a bow* Welcome and I hope you have a wonderful time here!

Status
Not open for further replies.