Hello from a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yoddi

Original poster
Hi, my name is Yodra and I'm new to Iwaku. I'm a student artist currently in my first year of college, and my interests include game design, science fiction and fantasy, and birds. I've read a lot about roleplaying, both by forum and in tabletop games, but this is my first time actually joining a community and playing with people. Just so you know, I'm very shy, so it may take a while for me to warm up to you, but I promise if you put in the effort I can be a very loyal and good friend! I have a couple of original worlds that I may start RPs in, one of which I'm currently codifying into a tabletop RPG system. In terms of roleplaying preferences, I love good character development and rich world building, and I enjoy an element of randomness to spice up the action, be it through dice rolls or some other mechanic. I hope to make some great new friends here :beret:

Hi, my name is Yodra and I'm new to Iwaku. I'm a student artist currently in my first year of college, and my interests include game design, science fiction and fantasy, and birds. I've read a lot about roleplaying, both by forum and in tabletop games, but this is my first time actually joining a community and playing with people. Just so you know, I'm very shy, so it may take a while for me to warm up to you, but I promise if you put in the effort I can be a very loyal and good friend! I have a couple of original worlds that I may start RPs in, one of which I'm currently codifying into a tabletop RPG system. In terms of roleplaying preferences, I love good character development and rich world building, and I enjoy an element of randomness to spice up the action, be it through dice rolls or some other mechanic. I hope to make some great new friends here :beret:
Hey, you're a new guy like me! i'll roleplay with you if you'd like, i'd be interested to see these worlds you've created yourself.

Oh, that's very kind of you! My worlds aren't really anything special... One is a sort of modern fantasy with some multiverse aspects, one is based on people and animals working together (kinda like Pokemon or Digimon), and the last is... Just kinda weird, frankly, it has elements of historical, fantasy, science fiction, and slice of life.

Welcome to Iwaku!

I- I like birds too > w>
especially peacocks.

It's nice to meet a fellow bird-lover! I particularly like parrots, they're so smart and funny to watch in action.

I don't suppose anyone here could point me in the direction of a guide to starting an RP in an original world? I've looked and I don't really see anything like that, maybe it's too narrow a topic, but I'd like to go about things the right way...

Status
Not open for further replies.