Hello from a first-time forumite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eaves

Original poster
Hey, denizens of Iwaku! Hope you're having a pleasant night/morning/etc. You can call me Eaves.

So today was my first true day of summer vacation (freedom!), and I found myself endlessly refreshing the profile of my current and only RP partner. I then suddenly realized something: I have wanted to find a community of fellow writers for a long time, and tonight is the perfect opportunity to do it. Some searching - as well as a mysterious stranger - referred me to Iwaku.

I've been roleplaying for a while now, but with random one-on-one partners - never on a forum like this. I really want to try out a group roleplay. It's a little daunting because, although I'm good with grammar and syntax, I'm worried about passivity and the ability to create plot. Fortunately, the résumé options let me explain this to potential partners, which is really nice.

In any case, I'm pretty hyped at the possibility of crying about your characters. (And just maybe, you crying about mine. We'll see how well I do.) For now, I'll probably lurk the site for a while, and get a feel for how it's organized.

My icon is a drawing of Elphaba and Glinda from Wicked. Right now, I have both the Next to Normal soundtrack and "Candy" by Robbie Williams stuck in my head.

So, any advice that might help a newbie get acclimated and involved with the forum?

Welcome to Iwaku, the land of both cool writing, and co-operative, friendly people! Theres :ferret: cookies, rainbows, plot bunnies, and much more, all for the small price of your sanity!

Its pretty difficult getting used to finding your way around a forum. I guess just go into a jump-in roleplay to get the hang of it.

Thank you for your time,
*runs away guzzling down a rainbow potato then leaping onto a unicorn*

Reactions: Eaves
Ooh, hopefully Lofthouse cookies. Those are my favorite.

And thanks for the advice! Jumping right in would probably be a good way to learn the ropes. Maybe I'll give it a go in the morning, when I'm not so delirious.

Reactions: Immortal_Chaos
Lurking around is good, but jumping in and getting into the thick of it is more fun! Take risks! Meet people! I suggest stopping by the general request thread to see what people are looking for.

Come by the cbox if you feel like chatting with some regulars. :D

They're mostly chat bums who rarely RP, but we always enjoy talking to new peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.