Hello everyone

S

Somnambulist

Original poster
I'm new around here, so I figured that I would introduce myself.

I'm Somnambulist and I'm 23 years old.
I'm currently in college and have a few years left until I'm finished. That means I will occasionally be really busy and not terribly active and I will occasionally be ver active, depending on my assignments, exams and general workload.

In my spare time, I like to draw and work on creative projects. I used to write a lot of short stories and I would like to get into the groove again - nothing more relaxing than writing, yes?

I don't have much else to say about myself. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to talk, otherwise I will see you around.

Somnambulist

Hiya there! Welcome to Iwaku! :confetti:

I think quite a few of the members here are college students, so don't worry too much about how busy you may get. We've got lots of patient roleplayers here!

If you're interested, we have a showcasing section where you can show off your drawings! And seeing your write short stories, you might want to check out our EVENTS forum, we tend to have regular different writing challenges you might enjoy! ^_^

Anyways, I hope you're having a fun time around here so far.

Cheers!

Hello there and welcome to the site!

We have members with all different posting speeds and schedules so I bet there's someone out there whose needs will mesh with yours!
What are you majoring in (if you've declared your major)?

I can't quite decipher what you actually said that last line
wait no i'm dumb it's your name. nvm

@Greenie: Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm happy to hear I'm not alone in that situation. I'll take a look at your links and consider sharing my stuff once I get my bearings and get settled. Thank you, yet again.

@Kitti: Thank you very much! I have no doubt I'll find some great partners. I'm studying to become a teacher, majoring in English and intercultural relations. I plan to work on what in my country is called "multicultural schools", where the majority of students are immigrants and refugees. Once I'm done with that, I'll study geography, biology and hopefully my native language, so I will be qualified to teach those subjects. My plan is to primarily to teach immigrants and refugees about my country, culture and language so they will be able to adjust from a young age.

@Jays: It does look like gibberish at first, second and third glance. ;)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Thank you very much! I have no doubt I'll find some great partners. I'm studying to become a teacher, majoring in English and intercultural relations. I plan to work on what in my country is called "multicultural schools", where the majority of students are immigrants and refugees. Once I'm done with that, I'll study geography, biology and hopefully my native language, so I will be qualified to teach those subjects. My plan is to primarily to teach immigrants and refugees about my country, culture and language so they will be able to adjust from a young age.
Oh, I know what those are. That's pretty nifty! I have an (in my opinion) unusually high number of friends from school who went on to become teachers and it's definitely one of those difficult but rewarding jobs. The programs here to help immigrants integrate are always in need of educators and it sounds like your country is probably similar! I wish you lots of luck in your chosen path.

Hey Somnambulist, welcome to Iwaku! I'm curious, are you actually a sleepwalker or is the name a reference?

Greenie is right, you should check out Showcasing. I think she forgot the link, so here. On that note, let me know if you need any help finding things around the site or need anything else!

Welcome aboard, Somnambulist. Cool name. That got any particular meaning, or do you just like the sound of it?

Have a cookie :cookie:

Welcome, Somnambulist! ^^

I know how it is to juggle education and writing, and I know that people here are very patient so I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem for you! :D

And I highly agree, relaxing and writing are meant to be together <3

Happy roleplaying! :D

Hi Somnambulist! Welcome to Iwaku!

I just wanna say it makes me happy that out of all the roleplaying sites you chose to join this one! That's just one more thing that makes you awesome in my book besides you username. I must admit I never even heard of the word before until today, but i found it cool, especially after googling it. Do you have a nickname?

And everyone has all kinds of schedules here so I'm certain you'll find many partners to roleplay with. I hope you enjoy your time here :D

@Astaroth: Thank you! I used to, when I was younger. Not so much these days, but I do like the name. I'll make sure to check it out! I'm going to lurk around for a bit and then I'll join the fun.

@Dipper: Thank you! It's another word for sleepwalker. But if you're into fantasy/horror books I can recommend "The Somnambulist" by Jonathan Barnes. I think that was the first time I came across the word. It's interesting, if you ask me. Thanks for the cookie! :)

@CrystalTears: Thank you! Judging from what I've seen, people here are very friendly and accommodating so I don't think it will be an issue. I look forward to getting started, at the very least. :)

@MaryGold: Thank you very much! Iwaku seems to be one of the more active and friendly sites around. I'm a bit picky when it comes to RP sites, but Iwaku ticks all the right boxes for me.
You learn something new every day! I don't really have a nickname, but I think one will pop up when I get tired of writing the full name - you know how it goes.