Hello, creatures of the night.

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kairia, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Forgive the title. It's how I always greet my cats and it's midnight here.

I go by Kairia, with Japanese pronunciation in mind (KAI-REE-AH). Something silly I made up while creating my FFXI character. I took Japanese for a long time in high school, but have virtually given up because I can't study by myself and I haven't been able to find anyone to study/teach with. I also very much enjoy video games. It's one of the few things I can talk about comfortablly without getting really, really awkward.
    I have been looking for a place to RP for an extremely long time and so far, this place seems fairly awesome and easy to understand. Maybe as a plus I might be able to make some friends.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'll do my best to make quality posts.

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 2
  2. *bows* greetings to you, welcome to your new home.

3. Welcome to the site, Kairia! I hope you'll have a great time here~

I also have an interest in learning japanese. So far, I haven't been able to make an active effort in learning it, so I've been mostly listening to people talking. It did wonders in making me understand general conversations. :U

4. Welcome to Iwaku.

5. Hi Kairia! :D Welcome to the site!

6. Thank you all for the welcome. It's very kind. <3

@Crescent
    I can help out if you like. I think what really holds me back is the Kanji. I want to be able to play Japanese video games but it's hard for me to study the Kanji I'm working on. Memory cards are so dreadfully boring I have a hard time retaining them.

7. *Kicks down door* HEY THERE! *blushes embarrassed by the loudness*...uh..Hi I am Hiroki Shoma and it is a great pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Iwaku! *Gives you a golden card with my info and name on it* If you wanna Rp..or be buddies, let me know.

8. Hey there, welcome to the site! (: I'm fluent in Japanese, so I know that after everything being phoenetic, Kanji kind of feels like a slap in the face. But I wish you best of luck and am here to offer any help. Hopefully we can RP sometime!

9. @Kinoko
    I'll take you up on that offer.

@Hiroki Shoma
    I'll put your card in with my beautiful collection of Pokemon cards so I'll never lose it. Plus we can RP AND be buddies. How 'bout that?

10. Alright sounds good!

11. @Kairia Sure, I'd love that. :) The Kanji is rather complicated, but I'm sure that with time it's completely possible to get over that hurdle.