Hello, creatures of the night.

K

Kairia

Original poster
Forgive the title. It's how I always greet my cats and it's midnight here.

I go by Kairia, with Japanese pronunciation in mind (KAI-REE-AH). Something silly I made up while creating my FFXI character. I took Japanese for a long time in high school, but have virtually given up because I can't study by myself and I haven't been able to find anyone to study/teach with. I also very much enjoy video games. It's one of the few things I can talk about comfortablly without getting really, really awkward.
I have been looking for a place to RP for an extremely long time and so far, this place seems fairly awesome and easy to understand. Maybe as a plus I might be able to make some friends.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'll do my best to make quality posts.

*bows* greetings to you, welcome to your new home.

Welcome to the site, Kairia! I hope you'll have a great time here~

I also have an interest in learning japanese. So far, I haven't been able to make an active effort in learning it, so I've been mostly listening to people talking. It did wonders in making me understand general conversations. :U

Welcome to Iwaku.

Hi Kairia! :D Welcome to the site!

Thank you all for the welcome. It's very kind. <3

@Crescent
I can help out if you like. I think what really holds me back is the Kanji. I want to be able to play Japanese video games but it's hard for me to study the Kanji I'm working on. Memory cards are so dreadfully boring I have a hard time retaining them.

*Kicks down door* HEY THERE! *blushes embarrassed by the loudness*...uh..Hi I am Hiroki Shoma and it is a great pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Iwaku! *Gives you a golden card with my info and name on it* If you wanna Rp..or be buddies, let me know.

Hey there, welcome to the site! (: I'm fluent in Japanese, so I know that after everything being phoenetic, Kanji kind of feels like a slap in the face. But I wish you best of luck and am here to offer any help. Hopefully we can RP sometime!

@Kinoko
I'll take you up on that offer.

@Hiroki Shoma
I'll put your card in with my beautiful collection of Pokemon cards so I'll never lose it. Plus we can RP AND be buddies. How 'bout that?

@Kairia Sure, I'd love that. :) The Kanji is rather complicated, but I'm sure that with time it's completely possible to get over that hurdle.