Hello all, my name is Forte

F

Forte

Original poster
Hey there reader! I'm new 'round these parts. I was brought here by a friend after a half-drunken confession that I, too, once roleplayed and was a bit of a writer. I used to write all the time, in fact, and it was glorious! Alas, I fell into this feeling that everything needed to be my (as I described it to her) "magnum opus" and if the piece was not rife with symbolism, metaphor, and allegory I would cast it aside. This led to serious, self-imposed writer's block which I have not been able to break until present. She suggested that I join this site and try different exercises to get my juices flowing again. Obviously, I did not object. So here I am, ready to test my mettle against the brilliant minds I've been told live here! Please be kind! I have a tendency towards two styles: long-winded and aphorism. I can usually just combine the two and have my character be the aphoristic one, though that isn't always the best solution. Sometimes I'll drop novellas, sometimes it'll be just a few lines. I'm not sure if this caveat will reach most of the people I end up playing with but they'll know, oh they'll know.

Anyways, I'm tending towards long-windedness now so I'll wrap it up here. I look forward to playing with all of you!

P.S.: slowpoke is mad cute, yo.

Welcome, Forte!

You said you're looking for different exercises? Well there are two different ways you can do this.

The Academy and Creative Challenges
Each has different challenges and such to help get your mind going.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Hello, Forte! Welcome to Iwaku :D I'm Rubix, the friendly, neighborhood cube. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

If you want to meet some cool people, you should check out the cbox. There are definitely some brilliant minds in there :P

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time on Iwaku!

Hello Forte and welcome to Iwaku! I'm sure you will find everything you are looking for here and all of your RPs will be brilliant! I'm Nyx btw :D but as the others have said, the Academy is the best place for challenges and exercises if that is what you are looking for, and don't hesitate to drop into the chatbox to ask questions.....I still do XD

Welcome to Iwaku, Forte.

Always nice to see new faces here. If you are worried about your role playing skills, check out the
academy and do various challenges to help build your skills. You will find role players there even just to have fun. Besides that it's pretty nice here. People are pretty friendly and most will help when asked. So just have fun and enjoy your stay.

HEY! I'm that friend!!! YAYYY!!!! :)

*shrugs*
Late as well, but I'll do the welcoming anyway-

WELCOME TO IWAKU, FORTE!
Have some cookie with those juices.

HERO_RP000800_ChocPeanutCookies%20.jpg

See you around!

Welcome To Iwaku!
Glad you made it here and I do hope you enjoy you stay!!
We are lots of fun and all that good stuff, ~_^ Plenty of brilliant for you to get along with!
Well I'm off! *Scurries away*