Almost all the time
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Harry Potter, Slice of Life, Romance, Drama
Hello everyone. My name is Eric (30, M), I'm from Argentina. I'm used to being called "Angel", since my longtime nickname is "Angel Delacroix" (An OC of mine, also my gamer tag). Spanish is my native language but over the past years I have become quite proficient with English, mainly because I follow League of Legends's competitive scenne, I watch the English Stream, also listen to 5 differents Podcast about it and I'm an online gamer since I was twelve.

I was intiated in Roleplay when I was 15 yo and used to be quite active in my first years at it, mostly in HP forums and playing as Cedric Diggory (then I moved on to Twilight/Vampire Diares forums then mostly OC). At the beginning my responses were like 1 or 2 lines but eventualy I got accustomed to write multiple paragraphs. But since I started playing League of Legends (10 years ago) my Roleplay experiencies got drastically reduced, to the point of just staying in forums for a few months/weeks and then taking 1+ years hiatus. It's needless to say that all of my experiencie as a Roleplayer I wrote in Spanish, I'm not accustomed to write in English besides for Chatting in games. So, if I get to RP here with someone (in English) it would be my first time.

I'm not sure how my responses would look like, and if my display will actually be good enough for someone to actually engage RP with me.

If I get to RP It would be wise for me to take it "easy" at first, since I can't replicate the level that I currently have in Spanish, which is : 800-1400 words per response. I'll leave a few examples, in case someone wants to take a look at them: Post 1, Post 2, Post 3.

I'm used to write in First Person. My messages always start with an introspective view of the character (70% of the entire message), I like to present his thoughts in his "own words", put them in historical perspective ( how they originated, how it was in the beggining, if they changed and why, etc). This functions as somekind of introduction and reassoning of why the character does what he does at the end. The last paragraphs (The last 30%) are mostly just what character does and says, I try to no get too carried away with this and just be functional. Of course I try to portrait the behaive of the character, It's just that i'm not too poetic about it, also I tend to ignore detailed descriptions about the clothing/surroundings/Npc, etc.

As I said before, I practically abandoned RP for several years. At this point just being somewhat active or even find the time/mood to actually write is quite the challenge for me, even in my Native Language. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for right now, in this forum. Maybe give RP a twist and find in it a new challenge, idk.

When it comes to RP in Spanish I'm a bit choosy. There is some people who writes longer than me (not the mayority), but most of the time I just don't enjoy how others write (most of them don't respect their character's personalities or their actions/dialogs are just incongruous, even random at times). But when I can get over it I enjoy Romance/Drama RP (I have a soft spot for Soulmates plots) and Harry Potter RP. I really, really, miss the times where Harry Potter Forums set in the books were popular, I miss playing as Cedric Diggory.

I would appreaciate any sort of guidance in this journey if someone is willing to assist me. Also, in case anyone want to chat or ask something I will leave my Discord tag: Angel Delacroix#4675

I'm still learning how does this forum operates. I saw some post and I still figuring out how everyone present themselves, their requeriments /expectations, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read my message, hope it finds you well :D

PD: It was a struggle to even wrote this message, I hope It's not unpleasant to read.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skyline and Miyu
I can assure you, my dude, that your English is infinitely better than my Spanish. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the welcome and the compliment =D

I swear it was a struggle to write down this last night, I suppose it was mainly because I tried to "think" every word in english instead of just doing it in Spanish and then translate once finished.

A fellow South American!! Great to meet you Angel, hope to see you around some more! :D

Reactions: Angel Delacroix
Welcome to Iwaku! We have all sorts of players, so I'm sure you'll find some amazing players to write with! ^^

Henlo, new person.

Welcome to Iwaku! Your english is already better than many native writers 😂 You're doing to do just fine! <3 I hope you find some good stories!