FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
There is both a book and a game with the same name. Though they are both different in setting. But I'm taking an original approach based on a combination of concepts from both.

Posting length minimum: 3 Paragraphs
Posting length max: 6
Casual-literate
Frequency: At least every other day.

The Setting
In an alternate timeline, the Cold War had turned nuclear hot. Leaving the Earth in a state of nuclear winter wasteland. Fortunately it had occurred at a time when space aviation had reached a state where landing on the moon was a practical prospect. Only the very best of humanity were to take shuttles to the lunar base that had been established in haste. However instead they were filled by the wealthy and well connected. This resulted in a lunar colony of unskilled individuals and a lot of new technology that required expertise to maintain. Add to that the lunar 'colony' was nothing more than a small base. Made to hold little more than twenty or thirty individuals at most. So they'd begun digging into the ground below the base. Many of the wealthy and well connected no longer had wealth or connections that mattered. So found themselves used as manual labor in the expansion of the base. It proved a labor intensive and dangerous task, even under low gravity conditions.

The skilled, intelligent, and capable inherited the reigns of control of the lunar colony. They retained the best and safest locations in the lunar colony. While the rest lived in the "Down Below" under poor conditions. The air circulation was quite bad down there and more so as the lunar colony developed industry to replacing it's dwindling stockpile of materials and components. Even with these efforts they lacked the technical know how to create critical components they relied on. That is when The Council created a new program for the retrieval of components from the radiated winter wasteland that had been Earth.

The Concept
Divers were to be trained to drop into Earth's atmosphere to retrieve supplies from the doomed Earth. A disposable entry pod got the divers and their gear to the surface. When they found and acquired the supplies they would activate their retrieval beacons. A pod would be dropped near their location and they would use it's hydrogen balloons to rise up into the upper atmosphere. Where one of their few shuttle craft would retrieve them both.

The weather of the doomed Earth often killed one or two divers before even reaching the ground. And much to the surprise of everyone on the Moon. People still lived on the Earth. Though "people" was a subjective word. Many were twisted and morphed into forms better able to survive the hellish wasteland. Which included eating humans lucky enough to be not much change. After the first two drops the divers had taken to calling themselves "Helldivers".

Initially they'd been well trained and equipped. But the high mortality rate among divers and the scarcity of good equipment lowered the standards on both. Most divers use patched up hand me downs. Only veterans were given newly manufactured gear. However weapons was a different story. No shortage of primitive weapons including swords, hammers, axes, and a variety of amalgamations. For firearms it ranged from ram fired pipe weapons. To simple bolt action rifles and simple revolvers. Only the security forces had access to assault rifles and other automatic weapons. However it was possible to get custom made weapons in the down below, provided you had the credits. If you survived a drop and came back with some of the rarer supplies it would net you a nice sum of credits.

Format
I'm not actually sure about which would be best format for playing this out. I'd be fine with acting as a GM for individuals who want to do a drop. But I would also like to be part of the fun as a group. It depends on how much interest the RP gets.

Last edited:
I could definitely dig it, but dibs on the big guy of the group

Hey~hey~^^!!

Ooooooh... this sounds pretty intense man :] Boo Likey!!

But! Regular rundown: what is posting level, post frequency, max. number of RPers, can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~!!

Posting length minimum 3 paragraphs and max 6. I'm hoping for a frequency of at least every other day, but as often as possible would be best for keeping the flow going. I'm not looking for advanced writers. I want this to be relatively casual, without being sloppy.

No plans at the moment for stats or dice. But I was thinking the characters would get money to buy things. We'll do multiple characters if people are willing to have someone die with each drop.

Posting length minimum 3 paragraphs and max 6. I'm hoping for a frequency of at least every other day, but as often as possible would be best for keeping the flow going. I'm not looking for advanced writers. I want this to be relatively casual, without being sloppy.

No plans at the moment for stats or dice. But I was thinking the characters would get money to buy things. We'll do multiple characters if people are willing to have someone die with each drop.
Thanks for answers but like that posting freq. moves too fast for me. But like good luck with RP k^^!!

Status
Not open for further replies.