Hell On Earth [Reaper Six-GingerXX]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fredric nodded, he understood. "Same for me. Differant circumstances though," he told her sadly.

"But I guess that's what happens in war. You lose everyone you hold close. You lose your home," Amreal took a deep breath to calm down before continuing, "You even lose the type of person your supposed to be." She let out a mocking laugh as memories from the past bubbled up. It all seemed so long ago. How could things be so different? "What would your past self say about how you are now?"

He nodded sadly, then thought about her question. "I think he'd be disappointed." he admitted.

"Mine.... I think she would be shocked at what I have done, who I have become. Her, such a sweet, innocent angel..." As she felt the emotions start to rise, Amreal frantically got up from her seat. "I-I think I should go." The first step couple of steps resulted in her just barely avoiding falling to the ground.

Fredric looked at her. And as she fell, he started to launch off, propelling himself to catch her. "You've had a lot... Can I at least walk you there?" he asked, quickly laying money on the bar to pay for their drinks.

Amreal gripped onto his arm as they began to walk. "Yea... I did didn't I." A dizziness spread through her as they stepped into the crisp night air, a chill spreading through her. "It the one at the end of the main road."

He supported there as he walked with her there, more or less carrying her.

When they reached her place, she let go of his arm. Amreal felt dizzy as she continued walking. It was a very short walk to her bedroom, only a small room containing a couch and kitchenette. The minute her head hit the hard mattress, the angel almost passed out, something that didn't happen often. She was used to having an abundance of energy with no need for sleep. Now Amreal felt tired, nauseous, hungry, and dizzy all at once. "Thanks, by the way...." her voice trailed off as the darkness took her.

He nodded, and once she was out, sighed deeply. Now the part he hated. He secured her wrists with steel cuffs and hauled her over his shoulder, then he slipped out of town and into the badlands, towards his employer.

Amreal didn't know how long it had been, nor what had happened, but somehow something was wrong. Not wrong in the sense that they village was being attacked or wrong like that day was. It was a different sort.

Her eyes fluttered open at the sound of footsteps crunching directly in her ears. With each crunch, her body shook as if she was..... Being carried! Her head shot up in one fluid motion, panic in her eyes.

All around her she saw badlands. No village. No people. Only land. Her hands were cuffed, preventing her from grabbing her sword and she wouldn't be able to recite any spells without the person noticing. Wait.... Who was carrying her? He was muscular, but not too big. He had on leather gear and boots. All in all he seemed familiar, but she just couldn't place him.

No matter who he was or how she knew him, the angel wasn't about to sit back and let someone take her. "Let go of me!" Amreal yelled to the guy, trying to turn to see his face. She followed to shout with a swift kick to his abdomen.

Fredric walked without speaking. When she woke up, and kicked him, he took the blow and stood her on her feet. "Look, I wish I didn't have to do this, but it's my job." he told her. "Don't give me a reason to hurt you."

Amreal's eyebrows ruffled into a glare, her dark eyes piercing his. Those grey eyes still seemed so familiar, but last evening was a haze. The man must have used that opportunity to capture her for whatever reason. "Job? And what might that job be?"

Her fingers twitched in the cuffs, eager to get a grip on the sword that was- wait. She didn't have her sword. There it was in clear sight, resting on his right hip. It looked wrong on him, like the angel knew it would. It never looked right on anyone, not even her. She gulped back the desire to scream for him to give her the sword back, knowing that she was utterly defenseless.

"I'm a bounty hunter. And you are my bounty." he said simply. Then he nodded forward, "please start walking."

Accepting her defeat in the matter, Amreal did as told. While they walked though, she thought. Who would have a bounty out on her? How did her find her? Who was her? All of the questions ran through her mind, each more of a mystery than the next.

They made good pace through the desert lands, not talking much. "So you're a bounty hunter? I don't see many humans taking up that job." Her eyes narrowed. "Unless you're not human." It only made since. The only thing that did make since. He had to be it. Something that her younger self would have rather died than become.

He followed her"Fallen," he said quietly, walking beside her.

Amreal let out a soft laugh, "Of course. The one thing that angels hate almost as much as demons." She did feel a twinge of sympathy for him though. It seemed such a cruel thing, to be cast aside by your own kind. To be treated like dirt. The only thing that held her strength together was the reassurance that he must have done something to fall. "A traitor even after all that happened in the war. Did you seek out the demons when heaven left you?" Her eyebrow raised at the cruel tease, a mocking smile making its way to her face. She knew that she was being crueler than usual, but he had taken her away from people who needed help. Just to bring her to her death.

"I never betrayed anyone. I made a hard decision, I saved an entire town, at the cost of my force." he snapped back. "I still fought them. But when the war ended, I was just trying to survive. Sometimes I work for them, sometimes for you. It's whoever pays me."

Amreal's eyes scrunched as she looked at the fallen. He didn't seem to be telling lies, something that his kind were known for. That fact itself was surprising, along with the fact that somehow he was fallen for helping someone, even if it did cost him his troop. "Many troops were lost during the war," her eyes drifted down to her sword on his waist. "Along with mine. What made your case so special?"

"My decisions got them killed. I ordered my artillery to fire. If I hadn't, there would have been a massacure of angels and innocents." he said bitterly. Fredric kept walking, eyes on the horizon as he stayed aware of their surroundings.

Amreal blinked at the confession, a shock filled expression finding its way to her face. "It seems I'm proved wrong." Her voice drifted off as odd placed guilt stirred in her stomach. Why was she feeling so bad about saying that? He was fallen, she was angel. But classes didn't really matter anymore. "I think it was the right thing to do if you'd like my opinion. Dying for someone else is always the more valiant thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.