Hell Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotter cackles "oh yesss! Kill me! KILL ME!" Rotter suddenly puts his gun against his head and pulls the trigger. The gunshot is deafening at close range and the side of Rotter's skull explodes out, spraying black ichor and blood all over a wall.

Rayne claps her hands over her sensitive ears and stumbles backwards into a wall. Letting out a cry she shakes her head briefly. She lunges kicking the gun out of Rotter's hand.

Everyone stands over Rotter, its as if they cant believe he is really dead. After several tense moments of silence Rotter's hand shoots up and grabs Rayne by her neck. He pulls her face right next to his and turns his empty eyes to look into hers. "What makesss you think I have never tried to kill mysself? Thisss iss my curssse. To never be at peace." Rotter's normal taunting tone has been replaced by a voice that is full of hate, anger, and pain. A voice that has lost all traces of humanity. "Dont act sssoo high and mighty dog. We are all jusst meat waiting to be eaten by death. But I am too rotten for death's taste." Rotter's putrid breath washes over Rayne as his black teeth click together. "Dont. Fuck. With. Me. Dog." Rotter pushes her away and slowly stands up, his bones and rotten flesh sickeningly growing back.

Rayne wrenches herself free mumbling "Fine, do what you wish. Just leave my wolves out of it and I'll stay out of your way, maybe even buy you that new coat." She grumbles grabbing both the small vampire child and the girl and carries them with ease back to her house, both guards that were left alive following her. Rayne sighs quietly having just stepped over the guard Rotter had killed.

Rotter picks up his gun and shambles off into the dark alleyway. As night falls on the city everyone closes their doors and hunkers down for the night. Rayne suddenly wakes up from her slumber to the sound of rustling leather in the dark corner of her room. "before you try to kill me again, I am not here to make trouble I jusst need a place to stay sssoo I dont cause a panic if sssomeone findss me." Rotter leans against the far wall and studies Rayne with his unsettling eyeless stare.

Rayne jumps at the sound of his voice but rolls over mumbling "Fine, just don't cause trouble for us and i'll let youstay here as long as you want." She throws her arm behind her and yanks the other side of the blanket up momentarily forgetting that Rotter is a rotting skeleton. "Just climb in and shut up so i can sleep." She rolls over and closes her eyes her face burried in her pillow.

Rotter chuckles "itsss been a long time since I have slept in a bed..." He walks over and gingerly climbs in. He lays stiffly on the very edge of the bed, making sure he doesn't come into contact with Rayne. As his eye sockets stare at the ceiling he mumbles "you are very odd for a werewolf.."

"Thanks" She murmers softly. As she dreams she lets out a soft whine grabbing onto his jacket, her heartbeat racing.

Rotter freezes at the sudden contact. He looks over at Rayne and slowly pushes her away. "very odd indeed.." Rotter mumbles to himself and rolls onto his side and stares out a window. He sighs in exasperation as he hears Rayne whimpering in her sleep. "gah..i knew thisss wass a misstake."

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, only the sudden whimper from Rayne. The next morning she jumps out of bed having woken up from a nightmare about her childhood. With tears sliding down her face she looks around the room looking for her Uncle, the wolf that caused her childhood never ending pain. She slumps to the floor her back against the bed not even looking twice at Rotter laying in her bed.

Red weaves in and out of dark alleys, and hoping over bodies and trash cans. Tonight she wanted to kill. She wanted to rip the throat out of some demon that thought he was better than her. She was angry. Angry that some prince tried to kill her. That he thought he had jurisdiction over her. She walked out into the street, dragging her blade behind her. The moon lit the sky, and she walked up to a Nether Demon. "Hey fuck face." She says, smiling.
"Red."
"That's me."
"Great. I'm going to be the one to rip your head from your shoulders." The nether demon lunged at her, and she easily side stepped and swung her sword down into his back. The demon screeched, his fist knocking into her stomach. She gasped in pain, her eyes going from black to a bright orange, the anger evident. She pulled out her blade and slammed it into his neck, the demons head rolling across the floor. She laughed loudly. Kicking the demons head. She walked further into Periculum, killing whatever stepped into her path.

Rotter slowly climbs out of the bed and walks over to Rayne. "I am guesssing you had a bad dream huh? You were whimpering and moving around all night". Rotter sits down next to her and examines his hand, picking at the rotten flesh. "at leassst you can sstill dream pup..."

Rayne shakes her head quickly. "I wish i couldn't." She quickly wipes the tears from her face then looks up at Rotter. "Are you gonna hang around a while or head out?" She watches him curiously relaxing slightly.

Rotter shrugs "Red is probably on another killing ssspree, I think I will loiter around here while she blowss of sssome ssteam". He turns his head to look at Rayne. "Well? Arent you going to beat me to a pulp again? Itsss not like anyone wantss a walking corpsse as a houssse guesst." Rotter chuckles and takes out his revolver and starts cleaning it with a dirty rag.

Rayne shrugs. "I dont fight friends unless they fight with me first." With that she stands up and walks over to her dresser pulling on black skinny jeans and a tank top. She turns "So, we cool?" She says looking at him watching while he cleans the gun.

Rotter shrugs "I guesss, but I dont think your guardss will be too happy when they find out I managed to ssneak into your houssse." As if on cue a guard bursts through the door and growls at Rotter. Without looking up from cleaning his gun Rotter casually waves at the hulking werewolf. "And good morning to you too sunshine." Rotter chuckles as the guard snarls.

As the sun started to rise, she was pulling her sword from the back of a demon that tried to run after he had started a fight with her. "Sorry. But no one gets away that easily." She looked down at the wound on her arm, black ran like veins up her shoulder. She figured that it would spread to heart, and stop it. She also knew that there probably wasn't a cure for it, especially since it was if demon origin. The pain that radiated from the wound was almost unbearable. Looks like Prince Asshat is going to get his execution after all. A demon, covered in ash and dimming cinder ran towards her, lunging towards her throat. She thrust her blade upward, the black edge going straight through his chin and out the top of his head. She stumbled towards her house. She felt her bright skin paling. She fell through the threshold, closing and locking it behind her. She leaned against the door, pulling her cloak aside, to watch the black veins grow and pulse. She had lived longer than most did in Periculum. Something to be proud of she guessed. She wasn't going to die in her sleep. That was a sissy way to die. She forced herself to stay awake, and stumbled over to her first aid kit. She took a shot of wolf venom, hoping it would hold of imminent death for a little while longer.

Rayne sighs and says in a loud commanding voice " Stand down. He's fine, he's my guest and you will treat him as such or you will have to deal with me." She shoots him a glare as he nods stifly "of course miss SilverPaw. As you command." He turns and slams the door.

Kanola walked into the blood stained sector of Periculum. This time there were no guards, and it seemed too early for there to be under dwellers walking around. He took a deep smell of the air and cringed his face. "Disgusting rotting corpses everywhere. It's almost impossible to catch anything living in the air." He stopped short and smiled. "There's your scent Red. That wound should be expanding by now, i'm sure that will be very helpful." He smiled and then moved off like a bullet in the direction of Red.

She felt better, only a little bit. The wound wasn't getting any better, so she took another shot of wolf venom, slapping a wolfs bane patch over the wound. For the most part the patches healed everything. She stood up and looked around the tiny house. She went into her bedroom and grabbed a gun. She wasn't going to fight physically as well as she could, but she loaded her silver revolver with wooden bullets. Once through the head and that Prince wouldn't be getting up. The wood was coated in holy water and since she wasn't technically a demon, it didn't scar her skin. She grabbed her sword and strapped it to her back and stuffed more bullets into a pouch she has strapped to her hips. She sat in her chair. She knew lots of demons would be coming for her. She was weak now, and it was their chance to off her.

Status
Not open for further replies.