Hell Fire: A New World Order

Niro was surprised to say the least. Night fell back through the hole and without even knowing for sure that there was a net. Niro stepped up to the edge and looked down. Faint laughter could be heard. Niro couldnt help a small sigh of relief. "This seems dangerous..." he muttered.

Cassidy just grinned at him. "Our lives are dangerous so who cares?" then she looked down into the dark and said "Im jumping Night! Stand clear!" With that Cassidy immitated Night, standing turning and falling backwards. The rush was unlike anything she had ever felt. It may have been a four second drop but it felt like eternity! When she landed on the netting it bounced her slightly and Cassidy erupted in laughter herself. Rolling to the side of the net and stumbling down in the darkness she called out for Night. "Night, is there any sort of light down here?"

Above ground still Niro shook his head. Batty ass girls. He had heard the faint laughter of cassidy after her fall. Apparently the two had enjoyed their trip. He sighed and called down "If the net breaks Im blaming you cass!" That was the last warning before niro made the jump, twisting to his back in mid air. He landed and bounced on the net himself, thankful that it didnt bust. Steadying himself and standing up he looked through the darkness to try and find either of the ladies. He could see better than the average human in the dark but he sure didnt have night vision. He was able to sorta pin point two human like forms in the dark, so he moved to stand near them. "You know, Cass was right. If you werent sure about a net you could have had me jump first..." it was a half mumbled comment, but Niro was sure they had heard him.

Cassidy was still giggling slightly, the adrenaline rush still passing through her in waves.

(btw the effects of Niro's shock on Uri should wear off anytime from a few hours to morning but by morning he would def be ok. :D )

As Caly fell backwards, she welcomed the rush from the fall, allowing it to push away any and all pain she was feeling. She spread her arms out wide, loving the feel of the wind passing her arms and body. And, for a second of pure darkness, it was like floating. And then, the net came up at her fast. Apparently, nine-point-eight meters per second hurt when you fell from that high. Caly wasn't used to the fall, having not been here in years. Still, she was laughing, almost hysterically, when she figured out she was safe. That four second drop was the closest thing to fun she had ever felt in the past few years.

She could hear Niro and Cassidy's voices back at the top of the chasm, and then Cassidy called down to her, that she was jumping. Quickly, she scrambled to get off the net, still laughing. When she did get off it, she almost landed on her face, her legs weak from all the adrenaline and excitement racing through her system. Then, she heard Cassidy's laugh, and knew that she had landed safely, too. At her question, Caly replied, "Yeah, let me find it..." She closed her eyes, even though the dark of the cavern was almost like the backs of her eyelids. Trying to remember where the lightswitch was, and hoping that there was still enough life in stored batteries, she stumbled forwards in the dark, hearing Niro call down to them from above.

At his muttered words, she replied, still giggling a little, "Yeah, but where's the fun in that? Most nights, I have three brushes with death. So far, I've only counted two, and that thing with the church guy didn't count because I know that they want me alive. Most likely." Sure, it was an exaggeration, but who was going to spread rumors about the terrifying and half-crazy Night, houser of fugitives, if the only stories passed through people were of her switching between safe house to safe house, trying to get her charges to safer places, than no one would fear her. "Remember, tell all your friends about how I jumped without knowing it was safe," she continued, half-joking.

Finally, she stumbled against a wall, and felt along it until she felt a big metal box in it. Fumbling around her pockets, she giggled again, before saying, "Probably should've told you to not keep anything in your pockets. I think I might've almost skewered myself with my sword," once more, a laugh bubbles up, as she takes out the glowing vial from her pocket, her a small graze from her sword on her right leg on the upper thigh. But, all the adrenaline still running through her system causes the pain to numb enough that she doesn't notice it.

She opens the breaker box, the small night emitting from the vial helping her shaking hands. She reads the yellowing labels next to various switches until she finds the one that says "MASTER." Flipping that, several seconds pass before any noticeable light starts coming in through lamps positioned every five feet. The light is dim, but it soon grows brighter, until the three can see eachother clearly, and the gaping maw of the chasm they just passed through. Along the side of the walls leading up is a rickety and old system of pulleys, a harness sitting at the bottom of the hole. She didn't know how old that was, and figured she wouldn't try it on their way down. The adrenaline rush eventually wore down, and Caly said, "I don't know how long we'll have light, so we need to find the candles and flashlights fast."

((Okay, I'm just going to time-skip him until later xD))

Cassidy continued giggling about almost as badly as night did. Niro was staring at them both a bit baffled. They were giggling like idiots...and it sort of struck a funny bone with him. He surpressed a laugh, not wanting anyone to notice his amusment. He listened as Night spoke about having fun and brushing death and telling his friends of her jump. He just shook his head, perhaps he might grow to like Night. She was an interesting human atleast. "They way you are both acting I almost wish a simple fall would give me an adrenaline rush...I could use some laughs." he said "and Ill make sure I tell everyone I know of your daring leap and how you harbored a demon and defended you encampment with a hundred cans of counter-dust."

Niro's sarcasm was back, clearly, and when Night mentioned getting skewered he just shook his head again thankful that he couldnt be cut with his own blade. Cassidy was grinning like a fool in the darkness. She had learned long ago not to fear the dark because she knew exactly what was hidden in the shadows. She still prefered some light though. "Im lucky I dont carry much, just a little knife and its well sheathed!" Cassidy said with another giggle. She was laughing at Niro too. "You know what? Your silly." she said to him as the lights clicked on. Even dim at first Cassidy was glad to see them.

When they were finally bright enought to see it seemed that most of the adrenaline had worn off. Night suggested finding the candles and such because her batteries were likely to die. Niro smiled at her then, another cocky little grin, "Or you could show me where your batteries are and I could give them a charge." he suggested, a flicker of electricity pulsing between his fingers for just a moment. "It would be easy for me and then you could save the candles for emergencies."

Cassidy saw the small wound on Nights leg and face then. Making a mental note that she would need to atleast have a look at them later if Night would let her. She remembered that Niro needed some serious stitches. She looked at Night and said "I think you might should let him charge them. Ill need the best light possible to stitch him up and look at those two scratches of yours if you will let me." Cass didnt like the idea of Niro using much more energy but she disliked the idea of him bleeding worse. She also wanted a good look at the scratch on Nights face. She could tell it wasnt from any natural weapon so she assumed it had been caused by some form of demon magic and sometimes those wounds could react strangely.

Niro had a grimace on his face. "I wont get away without stitches will I?" he asked. Niro hated getting stitches. There was never any anesthetic around to numb the area with and the needle pokes were wretched, but he also knew better than to argue with cassidy when it came to medical situations.

Caly couldn't help but smile as Niro and Cassidy made their own comments, appreciating Niro's sarcasm and Cassidy's adrenaline-induced giggles. She should take people to this hideout more often! It was so fun to jump off of the lip of the hatch, made even more crazy-wild when she didn't know whether or not the net actually lay beneath her. At Niro's suggestion about showing him where the batteries were, she nodded, seeing the logic in his words.

"Okay," she said, smiling a little, "but first I have to cover the entrance again." She moved to the left of the breaker box, where a second metal box was. Opening this one with ease, she found the one switch here. Flipping it, the hatch slowly began to shut, and what little stars she could see out of it were blocked. Then, the net began rolling itself up as the various lines sending electricity to and from the net went to work. Soon, they were left in a giant cavern, the walls made of stone, not steel.

"Come on," she said to the two of them. "I'll give you the grand tour." She led them down the cavern, which began to narrow, and steel doors appeared on both sides of the walls. "This was a Cold War bunker back in the 1950s I think. It was in case Russia went crazy and bombed us, a rather large group of people could survive here until the nuclear war that would follow ended and all the radiation went away. I found this by mistake when I first began housing fugitives. I nearly tripped off that rock near the hatch, and the impact of my fall send the hatch to open a little. So, I investigated. It didn't have the net back then, though. I had to use that pulley system back there, and each creak of the steel terrified me." She continued speaking, telling a little more about what she found there.

Finally, she reached the last two doors, and opened one. Inside, the walls were concrete, and she led the other two to another room where four large generators sat. "We're on our last generator," she said, pointing to the far right one. "The other three need a charge. Think you can do that?" she asked Niro, glancing at him.

Cassidy listened intently, fascinated by the history surrounding the bunker. She was always interested in the stories surrounding places. When they entered the room with the generators cassidy was impressed. She hadnt seen a place with that much self sustainable power in a while outside of the major cities. Niro who had been uninterested during most of the walk perked up when he saw the generators.

He smirked when Night asked him if he could handle charging the machines. "Piece of cake." With that he walked over to the first generator and after a bit of poking around found the main power box. Touching it with a finger he started to slowly infuse it with fresh electricity. If he wasnt careful he would blow it and that surely wouldnt fly. Completely focused on his work, that left the girls to talk.

Cassidy watched for a minute as Niro went to work before glancing over at Night. Her sweet and giggly persona became more serious then. "Thank you for bringing us here...but I have to ask, you dont mind do you? The fact that Niro is a demon I mean. Most people turn tail when they find out...that or try to kill him." Cass said then added "Hes not even a halfie, hes full blood..." she trailed off unsure what all she should tell Night.

Cassidys memories were still vivid, and since getting to know Niro she knew exactly how powerful the demon could be. She shuddered at the thought of him covered in blood and destroying one demon after another. Most had been weaker, but they had come in mass numbers. The stronger ones had been smart enough to leave the battling unscathed, able to cause mayhem elsewhere. It had been many years since that day, and cassidy had grown accustomed to Niro. To her he was like a grouchy older brother, but most people still harbored a strong hatred for his kind, Cassidy just hoped that perhaps Night was more open minded.

Niro finished the first generator then and moved to the next, locting the power box with ease this time, and began charging it.

Caly started as Cassidy began talking to her. She had been watching Niro charge the first generator, so intent on his work that she failed to notice Cassidy turning to her. After listening to her words, Caly said, "Of course not," she shook her head. "If I only took in humans, that would still be leaving a lot of people running from the church without any help. I vowed when I started not to turn away anyone who needed help, no matter who they were, where they came from, or what they might have done. Everyone deserves a fresh start once in their lives." She smiled a little, remembering how young she had been back then. "I don't mind that he's a demon. How could I, when there are worse demons, those who run the church?"

The words almost made her laugh, but it might have also been one part of the adrenaline in her system. One of the lights on the wall flickered, but didn't burn out, as Niro began to get to work on the second generator. "You can't hear it here, but in the other wings, an underground river passes just a few hundred meters away from the walls. It's loudness is terrible, but luckily the dormitories are on the quiet side."

Cassidy was relieved to hear Nights answer. She nodded her agreement when Night mentioned worse demons in the church. Cass couldnt stand the slimy bastards. When Night mentioned the river underground Cassidy became a bit excited. She loved the sound of running water and was almost sad to hear her say that the dormitorys were on the quiet side.

Niro had moved over to the third generator but this one refused to take a charge. It had apparently worn out over the years and was busted, the circuts fried. Standing up, he yawned and stretched his arms and shouldrs up noly to stop and drop a hand to his stomach wound. He had almost forgotten about it he had been so focused. The stretch sent a new little trickle of blood running but he ignored it and just walked over to where the girls were chattering.

"Your third one is busted, wont charge but the other two have a full charge now and I can recharge them if need be." Niro said "After all, no telling how well they will actually hold a charge." He yawned again, his body telling him that a little rest wouldnt hurt. "Where do you sleep around here?" he asked.

"We were just talking about that." Cass said "Dormitories?" she questioned, looking at Night before she walked up to Niro and dug a hand down into one of his trench coat pockets. The pockets were large, so Cass usually let Niro carry her medical stuff. She use to have a back pack for small things but had been forced to abandon it when it all but fell apart. Pulling out a stitch kit with a smile, Niro just rubbed his face and sighed. He had been hoping that she might have given up the idea.

"Oh and are there showers down here?" Cass asked as an after thought to getting her stitching "You mentioned an underground river so I figured perhaps they had managed to run pipe lines."

"Yeah, we've got showers. At least, I hope the pipes haven't rusted shut from the years of disuse." Caly smiled, remembering how the last time she had been here, the pipes had rusted shut, in the bathrooms, and she and her old team had the worst time trying to figure out how to get running water again. But they had fixed it, or at least most of it. It was a good thing that they didn't have to worry about the showers. The sinks and other facilities might be a problem, but that was for later.

"I'll take you to the showers." Caly smiled, leading them back out through the entrance room, and to the door opposite the generator room's. Inside was a large room, with a high concrete ceiling. The room was normal for the first half, but the second half had a railing about five feet away from the side walls, all the way to the far wall. On the last fourth of the room, nothing but water came down, falling onto the concrete floors, and draining out through the railing's spaces. "You can't see it, but past the railing is nothing but empty space, like when we jumped down. Except, there's no net at the bottom to catch you. You'll certainly die if you try to jump. The water's cold as ice, but it's the only thing we have." On shelves on the wall the door was in, several hundred bottles of soap and shampoos were there, some of them from as early as 2003.

"First though, before we start taking showers, I'll show you the dormitories." She led them back through yet another doorway, closer to the entrance of the bunker, and this room contained easily twenty bunkbeds, all aligned military-style, with a small chest at the foot of each one. At the far end of the room was three doors. "Two bathrooms, one for men, one for women," Caly said, pointing at the doors. "The other one is a linens closet. Other than that, any bed you want is yours." She smiled again. Whoever paid for the entire bunker must have been loaded, if he was able to buy so much.

"Anything else you need? There's a kitchen, with food, I hope. If not, there's a problem..." Her smile grew rueful, as she remembered how she and whoever she was with would make a large, wonderful meal the night before they'd leave.

"I think we are good, thank you Night." Cassidy said with a smile before she crossed her arms in a 'no buts' manner and looked at Niro "Strip."

Niro, who had been trailing behind as they walked, halted at the door to the sleeping quarters. Apparently Cassidy had decided it was stitches first, shower later. Probably for the best since the water would likely make the bleeding worse. Walking towards the pair he hung his trench coat on a bed rail before pulling his ruined shirt over his head. Even a bloody mess Niro looked good. He was lean, well muscled, with the perfect six pack. Little scars trailed here and there from various fights and encounters. The most noticable being an off colored patch on his shoulder where a priest had dumped holy water on him.

Niro turned to Cass and Night, a sly smile on his face. "Dont stare too much, I might get the wrong idea." he said, addressing Night. Cassidy, who had been removing her boots to get comfortable, threw a shoe at him but missed.

"I swear you are so rude sometimes!" The girl said in a huff before pointing to a bed. Niro, not one to upset Cass any worse since she was about to have a needle after him obeyed without another word. Cassidy gave Night an apologetic look "Forgive him, he never learned how to pull his foot out of his mouth." then she added "I can look at those scratches of yours too if you want. I think I have some cream that should make them go away in just a day or two."

Cass had already moved over to Niro and was looking at his wound. "This should only take me ten minutes tops."

Caly blushed a little as he took off his shirt, looking his chest up and down, before conspicuously looking away as he spoke to her, the blush growing a little bigger. To keep herself busy, and also to keep her gaze from returning to him, she went to the set of beds to the right of the door, kneeling at the chest.

The young woman took out a set of clothes for her, having placed them there the last time she had come. Hugging them to her chest to cover up the slashes made in her clothing, she went to the bathroom on the right, locking the door out of old habit. She hoped that neither of them, Niro especially, had heard the click of the lock, knowing that they'd probably think her strange. Fumbling in the dark for a second before finding and flipping the light switch, she began taking off her shredded clothes layer by layer until she was bare-skinned.

As quickly as she could, she put on the clean, newer clothing, washing her hands in the sink, after the initial rush of brown-colored water passed. When she came out, she was dressed in simple dark jeans and a tight t-shirt. Neither would do her much good in a fight, but it would work for now. Sitting at the edge of her bed, she took off her shoes, before leaning forwards until she lay on her stomach, watching Cassidy begin to stitch up Niro.

Niro never flinched, never said a word, the whole time cass worked. Sure, getting stitches without a topical was horrid. The little needle being poked and tugged, but atleast cassidy was fast with her work. That was Niro's only saving grace. He had noticed Nights blush and the way she had scurried off quickly to change. He wanted to laugh but was too busy holding his breath. When she came out and laid down on the bed across from them he was surprised. If he wasnt afraid his voice might crack he would have given her props on her figure, the tight t shirt and jeans she had donned showing it off nicely. Not many people had the stomach to watch medical stuff either, particularly when there was blood involved.

It was Cassidys turn to be focused. She made sure the deeper spots were held together best and ligated to prevent further bleeding, and when she was done she was confident that her work would hold out unless Niro was in a strait up brawl. Stepping back with a smile on her face she said "There, now you can go wash the blood off. Just sit up slowly so you dont pop a stitch."

Niro did as he was told, and when he was finally standing he took a deep breath. His shoulders were hard set from the pain. He never understood how a small needle could hurt worse then a gash from a sword but it did. He turned his head to Night, giving her a slightly apraising glance, then said "I think I might like you." before walking stiffly through the door, heading for the showers.

Cassidy stood frozen in awe for a moment. "Wow..." she finally said before blinking and looking at Night herself "Id take that as a compliment...he doesnt like anyone..." she wasnt kidding either. Cass hadnt heard Niro say that he liked anyone besides her, ever, and they had been traveling together for ten years. Cassidy went to work cleaning up any risidual blood Niro had left behind, she just threw his shirt away, and then began digging through the chest in front of the bed she had picked. She was happy to find a change of clothes that looked like they might fit her. A t shirt and a little skirt. She pulled them out and laid them on the bed. They were clean where as she was not. Opting to wait until Niro got back before she went to shower she sat down on the bed.

Niro had held it together till he got to the hallway, then once out of hearing range, he had let himself moan a little at the pain. He walked slower, grumbling here and there. Once to the shower room he finished undressing and stepped into the icy water. It stung horribly, and he couldnt help but throw a fist into the wall gritting his teeth. After the sting left he was able to find some soap and shampoo and get cleaned up. It wasnt until he went to leave that he realized he had no idea where any towels were if there were any and he hadnt brought a change of clothes. His pants had blood all over them so he wasnt going to put them back on. He wasnt going to go back naked though either.

Finally he just picked up his boots and pants, using both to cover himself and walked down the hall. He had a flush on his cheeks...if one of the girls walked by he was going to be rather upset with himself. Thankfully they didnt. He stopped outside the door to the sleeping quaters and knocked before calling out "Cass...ugh...find me some pants or bring me my coat or something ok?"

Inside the room Cassidy erupted into laughter when she realized Niro hadnt taken any spare clothes.

"This isnt funny!" he snapped "Now bring me something to wear or ill have to come in naked! Understand!" he was fuming now, but more angery with himself than anything.

Cassidy, still laughing, managed to get up and throw Niros trench coat out the door for him. Lucky for him in was ankle length. Niro wrapped himself up in it before walking in, a heavy blush on his face. He averted his eyes from both girls as he started going trunk to trunk trying to find some pant that might fit him. Cheeky as she was, Cassidy took her change of clothes and disappeared out the door leaving Niro and Night alone. She laughed the whole way down the hall. Poor Niro. He would be so uncomfortable...and he was. His face only reddened worse when Cass left. Leaving him all but nude with a total stranger.

"Evil little punk ass...just wait..." he growled to himself as he finally found some pants.

(hehe shower humor! XD )

As Niro said that he thought he might like her, Caly's eyebrows went up a little, surprised. She became even more surprised when Cassidy told her that he had rarely--if ever--said that. As Cassidy began to dig through the chest, looking for clothing, Caly almost said something, to get her to look in a different trunk, but she held her tongue, knowing that she'd sound rude or crazy or both.

That chest and bunk had belonged to the daughter of one of the more prominent church officials. Her name had been Bethany Melchol. Truest church advocate in every sense of the word. And, for some reason, she then turned her back on it, and went on the run. When she found Caly, she'd had to interrogate her in a pitch black room and a muffled voice in order to protect her identity. However, once Caly had determined that Bethany truly was running, the two had become best friends, so close that Caly had almost taken the chance and told her her real name. But then, Bethany had gotten captured, and, refusing to spill out the details of her houser, was killed publicly. The night she had heard about Bethany's murder still ran through her dreams. It would be weird seeing someone else wearing her clothes, Caly knew. But she had to not say anything, not if she wanted to come across as normal. She couldn't have any distinguishing features, especially not now that she had two charges to protect.

As Cassidy laughed, Caly did, too, Niro's question striking her as terribly funny. Her laughter grew a little as he protested that his predicament wasn't funny, but she forced it to die down as he threatened to come inside as he was. Still, as he entered, wearing nothing more than his coat, she politely looked away, feeling she should give him his privacy. Although, inside she was slightly embarrassed and awkward-feeling about being in a room with a barely-clothed stranger.

She giggled a little at his muttering, and she said, "There are towels in the linens closet." She smiled, knowing full well that that knowledge wouldn't help him now.

Niro looked over his shoulder at Night with a scowl on his face. "Of course they are..." he said in about the most sarcastic tone he could manage, his cheeks heating up worse now that he was actually looking at her. Niro might have been proud of his body, and he had more confidence than a bull had testosterone, but being caught naked (unless he planned to be naked) was not something he enjoyed...ever...and the fact that the others had taken such a good laugh at his expense didnt sit well with him either. "Stupid girls..." he grumbled, taking his new found pants to the mens restroom. He grabbed a towel on his way in just because he could.

Getting that towel was a very good idea, because while the pants were long enough they were kinda tight and he had to get his legs completely dry before he could manage to shimmy them on. Once he had them zipped and buttoned he realized they were also hip huggers. One look in the mirror and the only thing Niro could think of was the fact that he now looked like a cheap male stripper. With an exasperated sigh he dried his hair with the towel before drying off any remaining water on his body. One last look in the mirror left him shaking his head as he walked out.

He looked at Night as he walked out, cheeks flushing again since he was shirtless and essentially in hot pants, but he was determined that he would turn this inccident around somehow. Taking a slow turn he grinned. "What do you think? They dont leave much to the imagination do they?" he half laughed then "Guess they will do till a can wash mine."

He strolled up to her then and leaned over on her bed rail "I didnt get the chance to tell you early, but that outfit suits you. Shows off your curves." Niro had a crooked cocky smile on his face, the flush in his cheeks having lessened. He used his air of confidence to cover up his embaressment. Twisting so that he was sitting on her bed rail he looked Night over again, not hiding what he was doing in the least.

Niro was honestly poking at her on purpose, trying to see what kind of reaction he would get out of her if any.

Again, Caly laughs as Niro speaks, appreciating his sarcasm. At least, that was half of it. The other half was because of the flush upon his cheeks. Her giggles subside as he heads into the left bathroom, and she turns so she is on her back, looking up at the bottom of the bunk above her. As he came out of the bathroom, she couldn't help but laugh once more, his pants so ridiculous on him.

Dimly, during her bout of laughter, a witty, sarcastic comment came to mind, but it was lost as she continued laughing, and she had to force herself to stop so she could breathe. Afterwards, as he approached her and complimented how her clothes fit her, she nodded, telling him, "That's why I keep them here. If every guy I was housing got to see me in these, then why would anyone decide to jump down here? It's a plot to get all the guys down here so I don't have to push them." She chuckled once more at her own joke. "The women, however, are a different story altogether. I'm still working on something to get them down here as fast the men..."

Had he not already caught her attention, his movements on the bed rail would have caused her to push him off, or possibly hit him, but he was one of the lucky (or not so lucky) who did. But, whatever, let him look if he wanted to.

Niro was impressed that Night kept her cool so easily. Not very many women appreciated getting hit by a demon...well not the ones who knew what he was. There were always those who were cluless and went swooning over him. His disliked women like that, tripping over men with wanton desires. He chuckled slightly at her joke, a deep reverberating sound. "Well its a miricle you dont have men crawling all over you then, because once you got them down here I dont see why they would ever leave if you walked around like this all the time."

Smiling to himself he confessed his little game. "I was honestly trying to get a reaction out of you, but you held your own flawlessly. I got to ask though, would you hit me I had got in bed with you instead of sitting on the rail?" it was a cheeky question but Niro had a more than cheeky side to him.

Down the hall Cassidy was showering, the cold water refreshing and she shampoo a heaven send.

She returned the laugh, smiling a little. At his question about whether or not she would hit him, should he try to get into the bed with her, she pretended to take pause. Finally though, she answered, "Probably, at first. But then, after a while maybe, I might stop. Maybe. You've certainly got the looks for it." Again, she smiled, despite the craziness of the situation.

Here she was, in a secret Cold War bunker, built by God knows who, flirting...with a...demon! Had she been anyone else, surely she would have condemned him long ago. But, she had to admit, it did happen. How else did so many halfies turn up, aside from the obvious answer. Still, she internally rolled her eyes at the notion that flirting with a demon was so bad. He was just like any ordinary person, aside from being able to control lightning. But, whatever. Who really cares, anyways?

Niro quirked an eyebrow. Was she actually flirting with him? Now that was a bizar thought. Niro didnt often have intelligent women flirting with him. He came off as a bad boy, half the girls avoided him on that principle alone, the other half who were looking for a wild time tucked tail and ran when they found out about his true nature. Night on the other hand had done neither. A seductive smile fell onto Niro's face. "You know, I might just take the beating if I get you in the end."

Niro stood up, a slight swagger to his walk as he rounded the bed corner and sat down on the edge of it. He snatched both of Night's wrists quickly. "That is I would take the beating if you were able to give me one." The way he held her, Niro was leaning over her to hold her hands. He brought their faces close together and gave her a grin before saying "I was right, I do like you." He leaned back and let her go then with a shake of his head. He stood up and walked over to his bed, the swagger still in his step. There was something else though, something dangerous about the way he moved and acted. Unpredictable. He flopped down on his bunk with a sigh, looking at Night from across the room. His eyes were bright as he watched her.

Cassidy stepped into the room then, fully clothed and looking much happier. She looked at Night and Niro, a slightly confused look on her face but she shrugged it off quickly. "Nice pants." she commented to Niro before flopping down on her bed.

Niro chuckled. "Night agrees, they are nice pants. I might never take them off." He smirked then before rolling over onto his stomach, which he quickly realized was a mistake. Niro ended up on his side, and Cassidy ended up looking even more confused by his statement. She glanced at Night but didnt say a word.

Caly laughed as he said that he might take the beating. She was caught by surprise as he grabbed both of her wrists, moving his face close to hers. However, she didn't let it show on her face, returning his grin with her own. As he left her bed, returning to his own, she couldn't help but laugh at how his pants moved about his body. Then, she apologized, saying, "Sorry, I just can't take you seriously with you wearing those pants." She rolled her eyes playfully as he sat down on his bed, getting up once more.

Moving to her chest once more, she bent over, knowing full well that Niro was watching, and getting an old, beat-up, and yellowing copy of To Kill a Mockingbird. Laying back down on her bed, she opened the book. It was one of the last copies, the church having confiscated most of them, so she was lucky she supposed. Just as she was pretending to be reading the first sentence, when she really was watching Niro over her book, Cassidy came back into the room.

She put down her book, laughing a little as the two others exchanged their own comments about his pants. When she caught Cassidy's glance, she raised her eyebrows a little, before saying, "We can go to sleep for the night or get something to eat, if you're hungry," she smiled warmly before yawning. On normal nights, she would have gone to sleep hours ago, but of course, this wasn't a normal night, was it?

Niro frowned when she said she couldnt take him seriously. He was going to have to change asap. He was also surprised to see her with a copy of To Kill A Mocking Bird. Very few books existed outside of religious doctrine anymore.

Clearly Cassidy was never going to figure out exactly what happened in the room while she was gone, so she chose to just stretch out instead. When Night mentioned the options of food or sleep Cassidy yawned. "Im hungery but sleep is calling me...its so nice to actually have a bed...not to be sleeping in a tree or something."

Niro, who had made himself comfortable just closed his eyes with a smile. He might have to come up with a few excuses to stay here longer if it meant getting to play his games with Night. "Sleep sounds nice." was his last comment. He would never say it but he was exhausted, Niro fell asleep almost as soon as his eyes shut.

Cassidy fell asleep nearly as quickly.

----next morning----

Cassidys dreams were unkind to her. The stress of the previous day must have gotten to her because the nightmares were vivid. They always started with her running, then she would see the flames and buildings crumbling, then she was snatched. Half the time she woke up then, but not tonight...tonight the nightmare included the blood. Blood everywhere...blood in the streets, on the bodies, then on her, and lastly all the blood on Niro and the various disqusting forms scattered around him. She would often times scream in her sleep when she saw all the blood, and that morning she did just before waking up.

Niro, who had been awake early but refused to get out of bed until someone else was awake, had seen cassidy start to have her nightmare. He left her at first, knowing that if the it ended quickly she would wake and be fine, but when she started to struggle in her sleep and pant he knew that she needed to wake up. He had gotten out of bed and gone to shake her like usual but it had only caused her to swing out wildly before she gripped his arm. Her nails drew blood her grip was so tight. Then she screamed and snapped awake. Niro shushed her quietly, telling her not to worry, that it had been a dream.

Cassidy sat up in bed, wild eyed, and looked around. They were in the bunker. She remembered. Slowly she let go of her death grip on Niro's arm. She looked at Niros arm where the little licks of blood from her nails were. "I-Im s-sorry." she stuttered. Niro just shook his head.

"Its alright. Take your time getting up, Im going to walk." Niro said "Maybe ill find the kitchen and yall can meet me there."

"Bubba..." cassidy mumbled. She only called Niro that when she was a bit scared or shocky. Niro just smiled slightly and roughed her hair a bit before standing up and walking out of the room.

Cassidy looked across the room at Night then, knowing she must have screamed "Im s-sorry..."

Outside Niro began wandering the halls. He couldnt help but blame himself for everything that had happened to cass and when she woke with her nightmares he felt all the more guilty. Thats why he had chosen to go walk. He didnt have any idea where he was going since he hadnt seen the whole bunker yet, but that didnt matter. Somehow, he ended up at the chasm where they had jumped in. He could get out easy enough. Take off, leave Cass with Night. They would be fine together, both crafty...but that would only be running wouldnt it? So he turned around and walked on until he finally stumbled upon the kitchen and mess hall. He took a seat there, waiting for the girls.

(sorry...I actually got carried away on this one. XP)

((It's okay~! ^^))

Caly awoke to the screaming of a girl. For a second, she thought she was still caught in the throws of that dream, but, when her vision cleared, she saw Cassidy crying out, Niro next to her, trying to calm the girl. She quickly reached for her sword, which was leaning on the bed next to hers, ready to kill whatever had threatened Cassiyd, but then she realized what had happened.

At least, Caly thought, she hadn't had that dream. The one that she would find herself in nearly every other night. The one that made her question if what she was doing was right, if she should just turn herself in. But, obviously, every time she pulled herself back together and pushed on. That was her job, to be the one constant in people's lives, no matter how bad it had been before. Before, through some miracle, some realization of truth, or something else, those she housed realized that they had to try and fight against the church. She tried to give them a better life, no matter who they are or had been. A baptism of sorts. The thought made her smile briefly.

After Niro had left, Caly gave Cassidy a sympathetic smile. Before she had learned to control what she did outside of dreams like that, she had woken up people all the time with her screams. "It'll be okay," she said reassuringly, taking a change of clothes, a black button-up shirt and shorts, and heading into the bathroom. She washed her face, cleaning off some of the mud and dirt she had gotten on herself last night, stumbling through the night like that. Afterwards, she changed, heading back out to the dormitory. "Just come to the mess hall when you're ready," she told Cassidy. "Go out this door, then go across the way, and it's three doors down from where the shower was. Hang in there," she told her, heading out the door and to the mess hall and kitchen.

"Hey," she said to Niro, "what do you think Cassidy would want? I've got a lot of non-perishables, and, though they're probably expired by now, some frozen crap. The freezers run on energy from the closest town, so we've almost always got energy for those, you know?" She smiled, sitting across from Niro at the table.