[✝] helheim [FULL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helblindi

QcoIJfm.png

HI I'M ALIVE 4.12.17: sorry for being incognito for the past few months! the semester is steamrolling all over my face and i didn't expect to be as bogged down as i am. i am still working on commissions but VERY SLOWLY; the good news is the semester is wrapping up for me in less than a month, and once summer hits i'm gonna be around so much y'all are gonna get tired of me. thanks for your patience!

hey you, you can call me hel! art has been my hobby for a number of years, and i am 100% about that oc lyfe, so i'm offering both free and paid commissions for your viewing pleasure. my style is very anime, rather simple, and usually not too ambitious, so please keep that in mind if you're thinking about requesting!

some addendums:
  • i'm seriously not joking when i say i am can be super busy. i'm working toward a structural engineering master's degree while simultaneously conducting experimental research for my thesis. i will do my best to complete your commission (free or paid) in a timely manner, but i'm frequently pretty tired.
  • don't let that intimidate you! i'm nice and i like to please. feel free to contact me. i wouldn't be offering stuff if i didn't want to do said stuff.
  • sometimes, when i go home for the holidays, i remember to bring my tablet but forget my tablet pen. i'm an idiot. i'm sorry.
  • i will always prioritize paid commissions over free commissions.
  • if you're interested but my slots are full, just post in the thread or PM me so i can notify you when i have spots available again! (and let me know whether you're into a freebie slot or a paid slot, so i don't bother you unnecessarily. NOTE: this isn't a waitlist with a specified order, but merely a list of users i will mention when i reopen slots.) gracias

slots [PAID]

round 1 [spoili]
  1. @WhisperingWillows [95%]
  2. @Quark [COMPLETE]
  3. @Celaira [COMPLETE]
[/spoili]
round 2
  1. @Opal
  2. @Candacorn
  3. @Click This
  4. @The Mood is Write
  5. @dragongirlelly
  6. @ERode
  7. @JacobCane

slots [FREE]
  1. @The Mood is Write [COMPLETE]
  2. @Grumpy [COMPLETE]
  3. @Royal Pain [COMPLETE]
  4. @MaryGold
  5. @Vivian
completed commissions can be viewed HERE.​
FREE COMMISSIONS
[spoili]
  • either a bust or a waist-up, whatever i'm feeling.
  • filled-in color with minimal shading or b/w.
  • to request a free commission slot, simply post a reference image of your character in this thread. first come, first serve; i will reopen slots periodically, so check back now and then if you'd like. please be patient, as my inspiration can be fickle.

[/spoili]
PAID COMMISSIONS
[spoili]
rules
  • i only accept payment through paypal.
  • i only accept USD.
  • if i cannot finish your commission for any reason, i will refund you.
  • if i have not finished your commission in one month after payment, you may request a refund.
  • i reserve the right to decline your commission for any reason.
  • once you have received your finished commission, you may do whatever you like with it as long as you keep my signature on the image and/or visibly credit me as the artist.
  • what i will draw: humans, humanoids, violence, macabre, animals/creatures ...etc.
  • what i will not draw: furries, mecha, nsfw
  • i will accept up to a maximum of three commissions from you per slot. please do not request to take more than one slot unless my waitlist mentions spoiler is empty.

procedure
  1. read the rules.
  2. fill out the commission form at the bottom of this post and send it to me via pm.
  3. wait for me to confirm the price with you. if the price is acceptable, i will give you a slot.
  4. once it's your turn, i will give you a very rough sketch of your commission. you can ask me to tweak it however you like.
  5. pay the full price. i will not color/complete the commission until i have received payment.

note: some of these samples are over a year old, but they're all i can find. ;v; sobs i've been so busy this year. dw tho i'll replace the older art with newer ones as i produce them.

• LkyR49r.jpg

TYPE 1-A
    [headshot, simple bg included]
    15 USD

OqNScev.png

TYPE 1-B
    [full bust, simple or transparent bg included]
    20 USD​
  • AvmnOCI.png

TYPE 2-A
    [full waist-up, additional bg +5 USD]
    20 USD

CPv4A6V.png

TYPE 2-B
    [full waist-up, artsy-fartsy bg/detailing included]
    30 USD​
  • DFq2jlm.png
    yDTr8lF.png

TYPE 3
    [fullbody reference, no additional bg]
    30 USD
  • 9JOesY7.jpg

7i0I3S9.jpg

Q9i9XDs.jpg

ILLUSTRATION
    [fully composed illustration with one or more characters]
    *pricing negotiable. i will give you a quote based on perceived time and difficulty.
    50+ USD
  • UKVFDfZ.jpg
    lPKtoSi.jpg

CHARACTER REFERENCE SHEET
    [includes one fullbody + two headshots]
    *pricing negotiable. i will give you a quote if additional portraits/details/etc. are desired.
    50+ USD
[/spoili]
FORM
[b]type:[/b] 1-A? 1-B? etc.
[b]background:[/b] (for type 2-A only) Y/N

[b]character reference image(s):[/b] required. if you don't have one, do your best to find something on google that will help me visualize what you have in mind. i accept descriptions but PLEASE give me an image to work with, for your benefit (i want to draw your character accurately!) as well as mine.

[b]background:[/b] (for type 1-B, 2-A, 2-B, and illustrations) unless you want me to take creative license, please describe what you would like for a background and/or link me to a reference image.

[b]expressions:[/b] (for character reference sheets only) what emotions would you like your character to wear in their headshots? OPTIONAL: write a blurb about their personality to help me out!
please fill out multiple forms for multiple characters unless you're requesting an illustration.

waitlist mentions [free]
[spoili]@Sen @Jessica2477 @Aerylei @ᴅɪᴀʙᴏʟɪᴄᴀʟ @Noctis the Devious @XIII @darkflames13 @Vivienne Vexx @Shayla @Akumulosis @Kōsaki @Takumi @Hospes @Artificial Sugar @The Mood is Write @Eruantien @Etrenelle[/spoili]

waitlist mentions [paid]
[spoili]@ᴅɪᴀʙᴏʟɪᴄᴀʟ @Luma @zane620 @yoshua171 @Zombehs @Click This @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Rayneks @JacobCane @Astaroth @Candacorn @True Self @ERode @Daz @The Mood is Write @Danger @Celaira @Etrenelle @Opal @Aerylei[/spoili]

changelog
[spoili]
  • 01.04.17. added character reference sheets tab. added a limit of three commissions max per slot. raised price of type 1-B from 15 USD to 20 USD. updated type 1-A and raised price from 10 USD to 15 USD. updated type 3. changes not retroactive and will take effect once slots reopen.
[/spoili]

Last edited:
just wanted to drop by to say that hodang, your art is to die for * - *
I would totally request a paid slot but //stares at my 9 bucks in my account.
... I gotta open my own soon \'D

Good luck! I hope you get all the shinies \*^*/

ALL THESE AMAZING ARTISTS POPPING UP THIS WEEK, WHAT THE HECK
all right well I know what my paycheck is going towards this month.

Dangit, another excellent artist. ToT I need to save up the money!

In the meantime, if you're up for it, would you be willing to maybe draw a freebie of a character of mine?

Her name is Rare, and though it's not pictured, she has a pale band around her neck (she wore a collar most of her life). If you include the tatas, hers are very small. Feel free to add makeup if you'd like to! She likes eyeshadow.

[spoili]
2309719_ZnhTwJ30p1hZiz2.png
[/spoili]

just wanted to drop by to say that hodang, your art is to die for * - *
I would totally request a paid slot but //stares at my 9 bucks in my account.
... I gotta open my own soon \'D

Good luck! I hope you get all the shinies \*^*/
ehehe thanks! but dude i UNDERSTAND. i don't think i even have three bucks to my name...

Well... I'm jealous.
awww don't be. ;v;

ALL THESE AMAZING ARTISTS POPPING UP THIS WEEK, WHAT THE HECK
all right well I know what my paycheck is going towards this month.
I WILL BE HERE. SITTING. QUIETLY... thanks for your interest! ❤

Dangit, another excellent artist. ToT I need to save up the money!

In the meantime, if you're up for it, would you be willing to maybe draw a freebie of a character of mine?

Her name is Rare, and though it's not pictured, she has a pale band around her neck (she wore a collar most of her life). If you include the tatas, hers are very small. Feel free to add makeup if you'd like to! She likes eyeshadow.

[spoili]
2309719_ZnhTwJ30p1hZiz2.png
[/spoili]
no problem! quick question, does she have a ponytail/bun or is her hair just short?

dangit i need to set up my paypal so i can pay for a commission cries

but jeeze heli i like your new avatar and especially the way you drew the water

Oh, hot damn. Amazing art. Definitrly bookmarking this. I'll be requesting something shortly. Free, for now, but once I get paid....oh yeah. It's on.

God, Paypal needs to let me send money to it so I can commission something. Your art is fan-freaking-tastic.

What program do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

no problem! quick question, does she have a ponytail/bun or is her hair just short?
Thank you!

Her hair is just very short.

Storywise, it got grabbed, she cut it off to save herself, and when she got to safety, her sort-of-boyfriend-sort-of-servant evened it out for her. There's some flexibility with the design, though her original hairstyle before the impromptu cut was this. If I'm going on too much about her, I'm sorry, she's just one of my favorites in my cast. TuT

dangit i need to set up my paypal so i can pay for a commission cries

but jeeze heli i like your new avatar and especially the way you drew the water
thank you kindly! ;v;

Oh, hot damn. Amazing art. Definitrly bookmarking this. I'll be requesting something shortly. Free, for now, but once I get paid....oh yeah. It's on.
I'LL BE HERE. :D

God, Paypal needs to let me send money to it so I can commission something. Your art is fan-freaking-tastic.

What program do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
thank you! i use paint tool SAI. :^)

Thank you!

Her hair is just very short.

Storywise, it got grabbed, she cut it off to save herself, and when she got to safety, her sort-of-boyfriend-sort-of-servant evened it out for her. There's some flexibility with the design, though her original hairstyle before the impromptu cut was this. If I'm going on too much about her, I'm sorry, she's just one of my favorites in my cast. TuT
no sweat, i get like that with my own characters a lot LMFAO. and thanks for the explanation! just wanna make sure i draw it correctly. :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: XIII and Jessica
thank you! i use paint tool SAI. :^)

Have you thought about doing tutorials? I use the same program but can't seem to get the hang of pretty coloring.

I would eat up any tutorial you put out.

no sweat, i get like that with my own characters a lot LMFAO. and thanks for the explanation! just wanna make sure i draw it correctly. :D
Ehehe. What kinds of characters do you like to make and play? ♥

And you're welcome! I better start trying to sell some stuff so I can actually buy art from ya. x) I love your art AND your attitude!

Have you thought about doing tutorials? I use the same program but can't seem to get the hang of pretty coloring.

I would eat up any tutorial you put out.
i've thought about doing tutorials before, but never went through with them, mostly because i don't think i'm skilled enough in any specific area or with any particular technique. x) i feel like i'm always winging it L-LOL. out of curiosity, if i were to do a tutorial, what would you be interested in seeing?

Ehehe. What kinds of characters do you like to make and play? ♥

And you're welcome! I better start trying to sell some stuff so I can actually buy art from ya. x) I love your art AND your attitude!
awwww thanks! my friends tell me i like to make and play broody dudes with hearts of gold LMFAO. i see the pattern there, too. and i'm pretty sure it reflects a lot in my art style... talk about all the smirks and squinty expressions. :^D

i've thought about doing tutorials before, but never went through with them, mostly because i don't think i'm skilled enough in any specific area or with any particular technique. x) i feel like i'm always winging it L-LOL. out of curiosity, if i were to do a tutorial, what would you be interested in seeing?

My friend, if you did a tutorial, I would download it and practice it until my fingers bled.

Oh shit, dat's some nice art right there.

My ass is pretty skint at the minute so I'm gonna need to stick with the free commission for now, but next paycheck we shall see. I've been looking to throw together a Christmas present for my Pathfinder group by getting some art done of our party, but I think I'mma just stick with my character in that game for now.

That'd be this fucker right here:
604b0469ce5656ee56d11caee2f0704b.jpg

I'll waffle a bit just to give you some more potential ideas. Pais is a Varisian human in the setting of Golarion, so he's effectively one of Golarion's equivalent to the Gypsies/Romani of Eastern Europe. His headscarves extend down to cover the top part of his cuirass, and were once died a wide range of vibrant colours (that have faded with time cos Pais is a scruffy drunk). That whole drunk thing plays a big part in his appearance; messy hair, unkempt beard, etc.

Pais tends to be a lackadaisical, perpetually-amused guy who prefers to laugh at most things and is a master of the shit-eating grin (it helps when you drink a lot). He's also an Inquisitor, which means he gets into a lot of fights: if it's possible, it'd be really sweet to have him with a busted up nose or a split lip to show that.

Absolutely no rush whatsoever, dude. Ta muchly.

My friend, if you did a tutorial, I would download it and practice it until my fingers bled.
omFG i can do like, a step-by-step someday, but that might be the closest i get to an actual tutorial...

Oh shit, dat's some nice art right there.

My ass is pretty skint at the minute so I'm gonna need to stick with the free commission for now, but next paycheck we shall see. I've been looking to throw together a Christmas present for my Pathfinder group by getting some art done of our party, but I think I'mma just stick with my character in that game for now.

That'd be this fucker right here:
604b0469ce5656ee56d11caee2f0704b.jpg

I'll waffle a bit just to give you some more potential ideas. Pais is a Varisian human in the setting of Golarion, so he's effectively one of Golarion's equivalent to the Gypsies/Romani of Eastern Europe. His headscarves extend down to cover the top part of his cuirass, and were once died a wide range of vibrant colours (that have faded with time cos Pais is a scruffy drunk). That whole drunk thing plays a big part in his appearance; messy hair, unkempt beard, etc.

Pais tends to be a lackadaisical, perpetually-amused guy who prefers to laugh at most things and is a master of the shit-eating grin (it helps when you drink a lot). He's also an Inquisitor, which means he gets into a lot of fights: if it's possible, it'd be really sweet to have him with a busted up nose or a split lip to show that.

Absolutely no rush whatsoever, dude. Ta muchly.
yesssssss i approveeeeee

omFG i can do like, a step-by-step someday, but that might be the closest i get to an actual tutorial...

It will be precious baby in my tutorial collection

Status
Not open for further replies.