Heck, Let's Be Freeform

"That is an aweful lot to take in, scaled one. Are you Sukaitokage? Uh, sorry, um... Big, sky lizard?... I dont know the common tounge word for it..." said Sato with an air of awkwardness. He walked up to the strange scaled man until he was about a foot away from him and started to observe him with all the curiousness of a small child. He poked the strange scaly man on the end of the snout a couple of times to see what the scales felt like. They felt sleek but not oily, and they were really quite shiny against the light of the fire. He then looked at the man's sword. The sheath was wierdly shaped. It wasnt like the swords of his homeland, but he did not doubt the lethiality of the blade. He backed off a little and gave a quick bow of appology. "Sorry. Just a little curious...", he said, slightly embarrased.

Aeirs shook his head "no sir you are mistaken, my name is Aeirs. I am unsure if you know what a dragon is but what you see before you is only about half a dragon." After he had given his name the man began to approach him even closer and wondered as to why the man was poking at him. When he finished and gave his reasoning Aeirs gave a little chuckle. "ah that is quite alright good sir. I'm sure you've never seen something like me before. Now might you be so kind as to give me your name?" Aeris kept a firm grip on his blade, feeling as though danger still lurked in the darkness of the woods.

(not sure if the danger still lurks Xin)

"Oh, forgive me, Sukaitokage in my tounge means a big flying fire breathing reptile, Aieris. I bear many names, but my name sir, is Sato Utakata, Monster of the East, the Scarred Man. I see... D-drag...on. Yes! Big Sky Lizards! And you say that you only a half of one? I see! I thought that you were a bit small for your kind. Ha! Brilliant! Your people are ancient and strong, yes? They fly? Look! I have a scar from my battles with one of these 'dragons'!" Sato exclaimed excitedly and lifted his arm to reveal a jagged set of massive scars in the shape of a large set of teeth that ran up and down the length of the right side of his rib cage. "A mighty foe indeed! So what are you doing so far away from home?" he asked in an overexcited fasion. He heard an indescribable growl from somewhere out in the forrest. It was much, much closer now. He looked back over his shoulder out into the darkness and turned back towards Aieris. "I would steel yourself if i was you, Aieris. Something is fast approaching. And it seems to be after the wolf-like one..." said Sato. He gripped his sword and turned towards the edge of the clearing.

((sorry, my Internet was down last week : ( ))

Uggthoa had nodded off before the altercation occurred. She needed her beau- I mean, to gather her strength. The sounds of warfare was a common experience for her, and sleeping behind a line of skrimage was normal for her. She opened her eyes slightly, to see-

A... Monster? Uggthoa raised her hands in fright. Quickly getting her bearings, her fists curled. "A beast man! Stay back!"

"Uggotha! Calm down, he is a friend and so is the lizard man! The real foe is still yet unknown..." said Sato, not looking away from the darkness of the woods. He gripped his sword, noticing the ambient temperature drop a few more degrees. Whatever this was, it was getting closer...

Yern was knocked flat on his face by the swordsman, and had a hard time getting up for just how cold it was around him. He tried to push himself up with his arms, but he was shaking too hard to hold a steady grip. Eventually he managed to flip himself over on his back, sit up, and make it the rest of the way to a stand from there. "Y-y-y-y-you g-g-g-uys-s-s-s-s-sh-sh-should r-r-r-r-r-really, g-g-get out-t-t of h-h-here b-b-before th-they s-s-surround the--" he was interrupted then by a deafening chorus of howls, this time coming from all around the clearing. There must have been at least thirty or forty wolves, certainly far more than an ordinary pack. "Oh...oh, g-g-g-gods.." Yern drew his sword and held it in both hands, struggling to keep it steady--though he certainly had no more trouble lifting it than before. "He's here."

Five or six of the wolves came out into one side of the clearing, followed by another, gigantic one. This one was no ordinary wolf, better described as a giant, a monster of some sort. Its fur was all char-black, it stood at the height of an average man despite being quadrupedal, and its eyes glowed a bright red. As if that weren't enough to set it apart, now its whole body seemed to be covered with a fire that floated just barely at the edge of the fur, and seemed to not affect the wolf itself--the plants it stood near, however, seemed to instantly catch fire. At the sight of this creature, Yern froze in terror...even halting his shivering for the moment. Then it spoke, in a deep, growling male voice that didn't quite sound human.
"There you are. It's been years, hasn't it? But this time I've got you surrounded..." He (I won't pretend the creature was genderless anymore) then looked to either side, at the other people gathered there. The campfire in the middle of the clearing grew noticeably more intense when he happened to glance in its direction. "Hmph. I thought you knew better than to make friends after last time. Don't try to protect that thing and I may spare your lives."

((The reason this guy's appearance has been so delayed is I've been struggling over just how he would talk. I admit I'm still not sure I've got it right, but here we are anyhow.

Also, it'd probably be best if each person gets a single response in here before we start the fight proper.))

"Well, well, well, aren't we scary?" mocked Sato. He had seen much scarier in his long time upon this earth. "You will not touch a hair on his head or harm anyone else here or I will kill you with my bear hands, pup..." threatened Sato. He stopped gripping his sword and flexed his arms and chest, his muscles rippled and his scars bulged and he prepared for a real fight.

Aeirs didn't' feel at all cold with his protective scales but he could definitely feel it when he breathed in the air. "Great god of the dragons, this is colder than the mountain I've traveled" with that the wolf jumped out into the clearing where we could see him. He began to speak in a horrible tone that even gave Aeirs a little chill down his spine. Aeirs looked at the wolf angrily as he spoke, having good enough manners even for an intense situation like this, he let him and Sato finish. He then drew his blade; the purple brilliance glimmered on the blade from the light of the fire from both the wolf and the camp fire. He then spoke with a lower tone than the friendlier one earlier "Don't go calling Yern an it. I'd also get my own facts straight if I were you. I don't recall any wolf with your kind of stature normal, now would I? " Aeirs chuckled and smirked "Well even if it isn't normal I know I am going to have a good meal tonight!"

Uggthoa was still confused- but, irregardles of the quality of Sato's judgement of character, Uggthoa was able to decern the difference between a potential threat and a uncertain one. She leap to her feet (behind the others, of course, no need putting oneself into harm's way) and smiled a bit. "Ha! The wolf thinks he is people!" she waved her right hand in front of her, gathering energy for a spell. "I'll put you down, cur." she scanned her surroundings- there were certainly a lot of the beasts, but that just made it easier for her. She didn't even have to aim!

The giant wolf waited to listen to their answers. Then he spoke again. "Well...it was worth a try. Funny you should say that, though." (This last part directed toward the half-giant). He sounded more tired than particularly frustrated or enraged by their decision to protect Yern. Then he made a snarling noise, a command to attack, and the wolves obeyed.

The animals poured in from all sides; their numbers were limited, less than a proper human army for sure, but there were at least four of them for each member of the camp. The ones that had been in front of the giant, talking leader spread out as if to make a wall around the straight line from him to Yern, and the fires surrounding him grew hotter, turning to a blue hue. The fire spun around his body and suddenly pieces of it would fly off into the air; Yern managed to get himself moving again just in time to dodge a few of the shots, which landed behind him and set the grass they hit on fire.

Two of the wolves jumped at him, both of which he managed to knock back with the flat of his blade. The wolf-man with the white fur then clocked them again on the head, for some reason reluctant to kill them. Another wolf lunged at his legs from behind, and despite his effort to move out of the way caught him with its claws, ripping some holes in his pants' legs and, more importantly, a few gashes in his ankles. Yern turned around kicked the animal away before it could bite him, then knocked it on the head again. But now the giant black wolf was aiming more fire at him, and he had to dive to the ground to get out of the way.

((The recent delay in posting was an effort to allow demented-tiger to catch up to everyone else, but (s)he hasn't been online in about a week. So, for now assume those three characters are doing something and don't require direct interaction.

For this battle, you have full control of the ordinary wolves your character is fighting, just remember that beating all the enemies with no trouble isn't a terribly exciting battle, nor much fun to read. Teamwork is always fun, so consider helping out a friend if they're in trouble. If your character breaks through and attacks the leader, announce the attack, describe what it's supposed to do, and I'll react to it in my next post.))

As Yern went to ground in order to doge the fire, which he did rather effectively, Sato was busy with his own set of trouble. "Let us do battle this night!" he said as a few wolves lunged at him. He caught the first one by the scruff, tossing it behind him. The second one launche itself at him and bit down on his arm, hard. He grunted in pain and slammed his fist into it's skull repeatedly until he heard a soft mashing sound. He turned just in time to see the first wolf lunge at him again. He drew his sword with amazing speed as his blade bit through the wolf in it's entirety, scattering a mess of entrails across the forrest floor. He held his hand in a cup shape in front of him. He bagan chanting: "Kame of the sacred fires, hear my call, take form as my ally, as enemy to my enemy, burn the flesh, sear the earth."

A flame started to collect in his hand, alot bigger than the one he lit the campfire with. He kept chanting, allowing the flame to grow and grow. until it reached about the size of a basket ball. "Shinei!" he shouted as he unleased the ball of fire against another wolf that lunged at him, searing the wolf's flesh and bruning away it's fur. It yelped in pain and shrieked every time it moved it's scarred mess of a body. Sato walked closer. "I shall end your suffering..." he said as he plunged his sword into it's ribcage, piercing it's heart. He looked at his arm. It was bleeding. He made another small flame and pressed it into the wound to cauterize it. He cired out a short yelp of pain as the wound sealed shut, stopping the bleeding. "Any more?" he asked sarcasticly to the other wolves that were closing in, wary now of Sato's abilities.