Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
It is the beginning of history.

Imperus, eldest of Great House Djuka, has crushed Their rebellious daughters and brought an end to the War of Three Dragons.
But with the other tyrants eliminated, what will be the fate of Imeria under the conquering king? The other Great Houses await the distribution of lands and holdings, the determination of whether the mortal peoples will be kept under divine yoke or freed to make their own destiny.
There is much rebuilding to be done, for the war has scarred the land perhaps for centuries to come; the devastation of terrible sorcerous weapons, populations decimated, monsters bred for war loose in the world.

You are the surviving Scions of Great House Hulbrad, the House of Apocalypse. Your family home has been destroyed, leaving the Lake of Ink behind. Your parents swore to Djuka Hecate during the war, and now Imperus has called you along with the other Houses to negotiate the peace. You are a house of scholars and mystics, the divine blood of Hulbrad gifting you subtle magics of the mind. A house of spies and intrigants who once had eyes in every city and town.

What will you do now, o devas of the Dark One?

=================================

A game of intrigue, nation-building, immortal feuds and superhuman romances. Seeking five players to guide House Hulbrad into an uncertain future in a world of Magi, monsters, and larger-than-life heroes.

Roles:
Warmaster: @FuzzMonster
Lorekeeper: @Delling
Administrator:
Spymaster: @Silvertongued
Architect: @PixelWitch
Black Sheep:

Each Hulbrad has a number of Expression; physical or near-physical manifestations of their heritage. Thematically these are tied to concepts like dreams, ethereality, shadow, foresight, Autumn, and knowledge. All Expressions are obvious in some way, such as additional eyes or hair that drifts as if underwater.

House Hulbrad
House Virtue: Patience
House Failing: Sloth

Hulbradim are the spies and scholars, which gives them some distinct flaws and benefits. On the one hand, collectively they probably know everything worth knowing. On the other, they keep secrets from each other and often do not inform each other of plots or fail to share critical knowledge. This can lead to Gambit Pileups and Hulbrad scrambling to hide their involvement. Any Hulbrad taking the reigns of the family, therefore, is probably best served by treating fellow Hulbradim as assets to be activated as necessary. On the other hand, knowing what everyone else is up to, and commanding the very best spies and assassins outside Imperus' own personal guard, is a huge benefit.

Expressions of Divine Power
Feet don't touch the ground, eyes seem like black holes, bends and stretches unnaturally, warps surrounding environment, shadow acts independently.

Powers:

Hallucination – Inflict Hallucinations on enemies, 5 Essence per internal penalty applied

Telekinesis – Manipulate objects with your mind with an effective Strength equal to your Resonance. 2 Essence per use/per turn to maintain. 5 to strike a telekinetic blow.

Telepathy – Read minds or communicate with them by rolling Intuition + Resonance against the target’s Willpower; spend 5 Essence per die to convert them to successes

Teleportation – 5 Feet per Resonance, any direction, no line of sight. 5 Essence per Resonance increment traveled

Characters Go Here: CHARACTER INDEX Heavy Is The Crown Characters

ADDITIONAL INFO Heavy Is The Crown - State of the World

Last edited:
No other takes? There's still room.

Dude, what the fuck, I'm not a spymaster, we don't even have one of those.

I'm like... an administrative assistant.

Reactions: Excession
I am super rusty, but I miss this RPing business. Would you have me?

Are we all still alive in here?

Aha, yes. I'll get on Pixel. She's been distracted by the holidays in that way we all are, but she has the majority of the character sheet finished, albeit on paper. I'll make sure she has it up sometime during the weekend.

As for me, I just have to make a few adjustments to Edel's sheet, as well as add the human elements of her panoply.

There we are. Sorry about that. This time of year is hideous for keepign track of all the shit going on.

Is this it? Are we starting with just the three of us?

I need to help Delling sort his stats and also harass Hair about whether or not he's down. Also Alexandra was tentatively in lemme check in with her.

WHAT OTHER DJUKANIM HAVE BEEN UP TO

Mandalthraxus: Earned the title Bandit King, refusing to take sides and raiding anyone who seemed vulnerable. Lacks Imperus' talent for statecraft and leadership, but rumoured to be a far more powerful combatant than his older sibling. Whereabouts currently unknown, with a signifcant bounty on his head: a fortune enough for any mortal lifetime, and a cushy estate on Imperus' lands.

Jinada: Formerly a lieutenant of her mother, Kali. Presumed dead after challenging her mother over the atrocities she committed.

Kar: Leticia's son. In custody at Throne.

Regis: Imperus' infant son. Mortal parent unknown.

Isthada: Mandalthraxus' estranged child, in training with the Eotran Order having rejected involvement with temporal affairs and politics.

Leticia: Confirmed dead.

Kali: Confirmed dead.

Teclith, King of Smiths: Confirmed dead; murdered by Kali with the very swords he forged for her.

Rakda, Queen of Assassins: Presumed dead.

Siddhar, Philosopher King: In seclusion at a remote monastery. Believed to be approaching death at the staggering age of five hundred years.

An'Mainyu, Queen of Explorers: Set off on an expedition to the far south before the war.

Imperus: Hail to the King, baby.

Browser crashed and took my posts with it. Updates early next week.

Hello Fuzz! Been way too long. I had forgotten about this site!

Well, would you look who it is! Hello there, Stranger~

Reactions: Custodiet Teh
Hello hello! I’m loving all the familiar faces! Hope you all have been well