Heartless

He sighed and shifted his eight to one foot, leaning against the wall with one hip and scratched at his neck. "Well, I don't think you feel like mopping up vomit and shit. Maybe you can help me clean the windows I guess." He tugged off the cloth headband, sighing with releif as the slow ache building up in his head was realeased and stuffed the stretchy cloth into his pocket. "But you might fall off..." Hmm... something not disgusting or dangerous...

Harken had gotten excited, but at the mention of his clumsiness and falling, he sighed.
"Um.... well, you can't really lose your job, I mean, you are my friend, but... well, do you want to see something?" Harken asked, his ear perking in excitement.

"Sure." Anything to keep him from cleaning up these pigs' messes sounded wonderful to him.

Harken smiled brightly, immediately grabbing Belle's hand and dragging him to an elevator. He pushed the highest button, bouncing on his feet as they went up. The dings went by, and soon enough, they were on the highest floor. It was at least 50 floors high, and they start on 30, so they only had a short ways to go... relatively. Once the last ding came, Harken grabbed Belle's hand again and took him to a small set of stairs, pulling out a badge and scanning it, unlocking the door. One he walked up the mere ten step, they hit cool air and he looked out, loving the view of the city, especially since it was getting late in the afternoon.
"Isn't it pretty?" he asked, feeling almost over joyed.

He stepped up behind the white haired teen and nodded. "Yes." He agreed, tail flicking happily. The city seemed to slow down with them way up on the top of the building. It made him kind of drowsy. And the way the sky was beginning to get all glowy and autmn-colory... he always liked later in the day...

Harken always spent his time up here when he had to meet his father at work. He looked over at Belle, who was right at his side. Was it... to soon? Well, no... there was a lot of people who went out and didn't know much about each other.

"Umm..." he hummed, debating whether or not to reveal his sexuality.
"Belle, could you go on a date with me?" he asked quickly, the words falling out like a water fall.
"I mean, y-you don't have to, and I really wouldn't care if you would just reject me, or start calling me names, or um... you know, run away, I just think your really good looking and um, I-I just...." he added quickly, trying to ease whatever shock there might be. Harken was blushing furiously, his right arm rubbing his left in nervousness, and whatever else he might be feeling. Uncertainty?

He looked over, a bit surprised that he was being so bold. But sure. He never went out or anything and at this point he'd assumed asexuality. But this guy wasn't irritating or anything. He wouldn't mind eating with him or whatever dates consisted of with Harken. "Sure." He just hoped the guy wouldn't make him pay for every little thing they did... he still had bills to pay...

Harken almost felt his feet slip out from under him as he turned his head to blink at Belle in utter shock. He had honestly expected the boy to freak out, call him a fag, run away, and never speak to him again. Not so much.
"R-Really?! You will?" he asked, a large, joyful smile coming to his face.

"Sure." Why not? Maybe his parents would relax on him and he could do more... "No reason why not I guess." He stood, feeling a bit akward. So... what was he supposed to do now? Hold him or seomthing? What was he supposed to do?

"Eheh, cool. So, um... how about Saturday? We just... can't tell my dad, okay? He'd be really angry..." Harken mumbled, standing as well and grabbing Belle's hand.
"Um... you mind if I hold your hand?" he asked.

It felt... nice to feel some one elses warmth against his. "Sure, have at it." He murmured, but his heart fluttered happily. Maybe he'd like this dating thing... but, he'd have to see. Not everyone was normal and happy after awhile... He'd have to be careful. "And..." He could maybe take a day off... but still... "Maybe saturday. I have to work."

"I-I could just talk to my dad! He'll give you the day off... I'll just think of some excuse," Harken said, blushing before he sat down, pulling Belle beside him.
"So, um... wh-where would you want to go?"

"I don't know. I've never really been around town." Althoug he'd lived there for his entire life... how depressing... Oh well. His ears perked at the feeling of Harken's body near his own and found his arm wrapping around the white haired teens waist.

Harken blushed, smiling softly as e moved closer.
"Hm... maybe just... out for the day? You know, like... lunch, amusement park, that kind of stuff?"

How much money would that cost? Did he have that much...? "Maybe just lunch. In the park?" He could afford that.

"Ah... sure, that sounds nice," Harken nodded, smiling softly and looking at Belle.
"Um, how come you work here?" he asked, his ears tilting curiously.

"I need the money." He muttered. More like desperately needed every single cent he found. He wanted to go to college, he needed to save up like no other. "I have a few jobs, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it sound." He just didn't sleep, or have time to sit and eat breakfast or dinner, felt so stressed out his hair was possibly more silver and grey then blonde, his parents were always bugging him for money aaaaaaaand he still had to go to highscool, do homework, learn to drive...

He sighed silently, drooping a little. So maybe it was as bad as everyone made it sound. Four jobs... no vacations... yeah... But! He was okay. Not depressed, just stressed. Maybe it was why he was accepting this new kid so easily? He needed releif from his loneliness and stress...

"Well, I-I could get you a better job, you know. You could work here, in the cafe downstairs, or with my uncle. It would be a lot easier... you know, even if it isn't hard right now..." he sighed, looking at Belle.
But, you still need to take the day off for our date, no questions asked," he added.

But the money... "I'll try." Okay, so maybe dating this kid would stress him out... more... If this didn't clear up in a month, he'd dump the kid. He didn't need this in his life right now, not when he had so much other crap going on...

Harken sighed.
"I could ask dad to give you a paid day off... you know, get money, even though you aren't doing anything," Harken shrugged, sensing that Belle was still worried.