Heartless

He cast the papers a casual glance, liking the neat penmanship. "Thank all you have good handwriting. I hate trying to decipher things." What he was really looking forwards to was lunch at this point though, wanting to go and take a nap out on the grass and get a good sun bath before he had to come back into this chilly crypt of a place.

"Oh, um... thank you.... uh, when do we eat lunch, do you know?" Harken whispered, trying not to disturb the sudden quiet of the place.
"And, um... you think I could join you for lunch? I mean, your the first person I've met who has actually talked to me so.... yeah"

"Sure. Just don't talk my ear off." He honestly thought a meal should be eaten without chattering and showing off how well you could chew your food... It was gross. "Just follow me when the bell rings. You got in a short day. Lunch is usually after fourth. I eat outside under the hugs oak in the back corner, you can find me there. Be careful of guys wearing a pering made of jade in their lip. They'll steal anything you have." He didn't think it would be fair to the kid to let him get mugged their first day of school...

"Oh... okay, I'll remember that," Harken nodded, turning back to the teacher and listening in on the lesson. Once it was over, he packed his bag quickly and rushed out, following Belle. He looked around the halls, memorizing this path, until they came to the doors of the lunch room. Harken inhaled deeply.
"Mm, food," he mumbled.

Belle left wuietly, having packed his own lunch and made himself comfortable under his tree. A few obnoxious girls sat nearby and he flung a stick at them to get them to leave. His tree, his lunch, his quiet time. He popped open his thermos and sipped at the still decently hot jasmine tea with a soft sigh. Oh how he loved lunch time. Slowly he began to make his meal from the several seperate containers he'd put it in, using a tray he'd snagged on his way outside to hold it all, and then slowly began to eat. He savored every bite of his food, feeling pleased enough to relax against the tree. Quiet time with food and his favorite tea...

Harken, though, had to walk through the line, choosing what option he wanted. Once he was done, he went outside and searched for Belle, finding him soon enough and jogging over.
"Hey," he greeted simply before entering his 'quiet mode', giving Belle his peace.

He aknowledged the white eared teen when he came up but simply continued eating slowly, although his faint purr never reaturned and after a few more minutes, he was done and slowly packed up his things. He liked slow days, fast moving cars being a hassle to him and running students making him jump. Fast was stupid. If people wanted to be on time, they should leave earlier instead of planning from moment to moment.

He laid back on the grass, staring up at the clouds while his tail flicked in a happy manner, body completely relaxed. That's why he loved lunch. It was an hour and fifteen minutes long since there were so many students and that allowed him to slow down and leisurely do things. Like nap, for instance.

He close his eyes and fell asleep rather quickly, feeling drained from his jobs that made him move quickly. Oh how he hated fast.

When Harken finished, he was about to say something, but noticed the boy next to him had stopped moving. He leaned over to see he was sleeping, chuckling softly to himself.
"Heh, I wonder if he'd make me leave," he whispered, biting his lip before getting up, collecting their trash and taking it to the nearest dump bin. When he walked back, he sat down, waiting for the boy to wake up, watching the people go by.

He sneezed and jerked up, holding his now bloody nose, his ears flattening against his head in annoyance. He should have known his allergies would screw with him and ruin his nap.

He looked over at that kid... whose name he'd forgotten. Oh well.

"What time is it?" He asked, is voice nasally while he laid back to staunch the bloodflow. He probably had work in an hour... at least he wouldn't have to make up classes.

"Ah, we have about 20 minute until lunch is over... you need me to get you a tissue or something?" he asked, feeling sickened by the sight of blood. He always hated to look at blood, it made him sick and sometimes he would even pass out.

"I'll be fine." Twenty minutes... SHIT! He sat up, looking as cool as a cucumber although inside he was panicking. He had to be at work in five then! He got up, feeeling annoyed at the rush as he hurried off to find his bike and pedal his way down to Forks Lane and get to work at the shitty job of being a janitor for those asshole office workers who had the most unclean habits of clogging and never flushing or missing or not turning things off.... Ugh... but it was money...

"H-Hey!" Harken shouted, about to stand up, but Belle was to far out to catch up with him. He sighed, flopping down in his place. He dropped his head before getting up again and heading inside, grabbing his bag. Once he had it, he left, heading for his fathers office building.

He trudges down the hall in his jumpsuit, his long bits of bang held out of the way with a headband, making him look like a girl... which annoyed him. But he'd rather look feminine then have his hair dip into some ones shit or vomit. Dishusting assholes all of them. Or at least the few floors he had never gone further then were disgusting. He hated this place more then anything, dispising the ugly, greasy, unbathed men and women who pawed at him as they passed or would attempt to rape/molest him in a bathroom. He'd sue this place once he could afford a lawyer who wouldn't give him a funny look and reject him after laughing and calling him an insane idiot.

He grunted when suddenly he slammed into a boy coming around the corner and fell onto the carpet with a wince, his ears laying flat against his head in irritation. "Look sleezebal, I don't want to sleep with you no matter..." He then realized it wasn't some worked trying to seduce or order him into their bed... it was that kid... Why was he here? He would kill the kid if his father worked on any of his levels.

Harken grunted as he fell to the floor as well. He rubbed his head and looked up, seeing the kid from earlier.
"Hey! Belle, what are you doing here?" he asked, getting up and helping his new friend up.
"And what were you about to say about sleeping with me?" he asked, blushing lightly before his father came down the hall. The man was tall with white hair, his ears that of a tabby cats, his tail with the same markings. He was clean cut and shaved, a nice suit adorning his body. His name tag read 'Reed Soren: CEO'. His face was void of all emotion until he saw Harken, and a small, almost unseen smile, came to his face.
"Harken, what are you doing?" he asked, looking at Belle, then back to his son.
"Ohayo, Father!"

He didn't bother finishing his sentence, but instead turned to looked at the man who... was this kids father... but he'd never seen this man before. Maybe he worked on the top floors?

He bowed a little, knowing this man probably signed his paychecks. "Hello sir. Harken was just speaking to me." He said, not wanting the guy to mention that he was telling the kid to fuck off because he thought he was some one else... That would be bad...

"Anyways, I have messes to clean and trash to pick up." His body sagged at the thought of the filth he would soon have to deal with and nodded his head to the CEO then Harken before trudging down the hall.

"Uh, h-hey, Belle, wait up!" Harken said, stumbling as he turned around, but followed Belle down the hall, catching up to him soon.
"I can help you... I mean, you never did say good bye," Harken mumbled, blushing softly. He waved to his father, who still had some work to do, before the man turned and left.
"So, you work here? What are the odds!"

It was.... cute. Yes, that was the only way he could describe Harken blushing... but he couldn't tell him that now could he? "Yes, I've worked here for a few months." He murmured, enjoying the fact that the assholes who commanded him couldn't fire him because he was entertaining their bosses kid. He perked a little at that. Maybe Harken wasn't to bad... although he was still seeing nothing but blurs. So maybe he wasn't completely alright... but god, a little bit of distraction for this job was nice.

"So, uh... can I help? My dad still has work, and I have to stay here 'til he's done. Oh, and I called my uncle and he said he would have your glasses ready by tomorrow," Harken smiled, holding the door open for Belle.

He looked at Harken for a moment. "Uh... you can tell I'm the janitor right?" Was this kid just stupid or something? Or was he really just desperate for some distraction or something to pass the time? "And the floors I cover are disgusting." He... he really did care if the guy saw how shitty his job was. Why? This he would mull over later when he got hom and had some tea.

"Uh, yeah, if you got to know the people, you would think the floor you clean were utopia," Harken joked. He wanted a distraction, but also to spend time with his new friend. He liked this cat, and it certainly helped that he was eye candy.