Heartbreak Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, considering how much of these blog information drops I'm making, gonna just leave and edit em all here as they come. So bookmark this post if you ever wanna re-read to refresh your memory rather than scanning through the whole thread as I post.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Big, red. Self styled moniker of Hellboy. Strong and brutish. An oversized gun. Anger, cocky, confident. Good. We might have need of that, as long as it's controlled." He finished calmly, harsh stare making it clear random outbursts would not be taken lightly...before he relaxed, turning to the next.

"A former professor. A man of knowledge and likely wisdom. Skilled with sidearms as well as blade. I hope your claim of fighting the forces of Hell itself proves accurate." Kiritsugu paused, looking from Ichabod to Hellboy. "Hellboy over here. Fought the forces of hell there." He pointed at the two, respectively. "Does this mean either of you has experience with the other? Established teamwork would be beneficial...a past as enemies, the opposite."

"...Good." He replied simply with a smirk. "Rather poetic in fact. I care little for such romanticized views, but others find them attractive and draw strength from them. Whatever it takes. You actually remind me of one of the old poets' work. You'd probably like it. Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho', We are not now that strength which in old days, Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." He turned back to Hellboy. "As for your earlier statement..."

"You can say that." He remarked, lifting his briefcase lightly. "I come prepared."

"They call me the Magus Killer. My actions warranted that title because I am damn good at it. I know how a mage thinks...and more importantly, how a mage doesn't think. Honor in battle, fair duels to the death, idealized views of combat. Arrogance. Discounting of conventional weaponry. All tools of the trade. Contrary to what they believe, there is no honor in battle. A battlefield is hell itself. There's no hope to be had on one. There is nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a souless crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated. But humanity has never recognized this truth. And the reason is that, in every era, a dazzling hero has blinded the people with their legends, and kept them from seeing the evil of bloodshed they bring. True human nature has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age."

0fEUUGy.jpg

"...Still. In light of that truth, I fight to change that. I strive to be a hero. Not like the ones of those legends, but a true one. Not to save everyone. Such a task is impossible. Saving as many as you can, however, is more feasible. I've stuck to my most basic rule: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. One dies to save ten. Five die to save twenty. Six hundred die to save a million. A thousand die to save billions. If I have to carry all the evils of the world on my shoulders, on my conscience, so be it. So that the day may come with a miracle and no one will ever be forced to choose this path again. That's who I am. That's the kind of man you're working with."

"As for my weapons: Calico M950. Submachine gun, laser sight, sound suppressed. Walther WA2000, super heavyweight, semi-automatic sniper rifle of the highest class and performance that is the pinnacle of the latest electronic techniques. It costs $12,000 due to only being one of the 154 units produced. It is a rifle with a compact size measuring a little over ninety centimeters in length with the bullpup structure of the gun barrel with a gas-operated magazine measuring at a length of sixty-five centimeters. It fires a .300 Winchester Magnum cartridge that has an effective range of up to one thousand meters. Various other firearms, explosives and other pragmatic convention weaponry mages refrain from using." He smirked slightly.

"As for my own "Good Samaritan", I wield the Thompson Contender. Everything else can be bought and replaced, this can not. It represents me as a magus. It uses bullets infused with my origin, powdered from two of my ribs. 66 bullets in total, highly valued and can not be wasted. Let's just say they're especially dangerous to anyone who wields magic. Speaking of, I wield innate time control. I can forcefully speed up everything within me, giving me reaction and speeds far beyond human limits temporarily. I can also stagnate, reducing bodily functions to escape detection. Along with a few other tricks."

8h7gYml.jpg

"Any questions?"

Ian might need to borrow something cooler than what he's got :(​

Ok, feeling lazy now. So gonna do up NPC profiles around when I get two more. lol

Just putting this here as well.

The key to survival and triumph will depend heavily on your actions, as the players. The more you do, the more you interact, the higher your chance of living through this is. So interact with each other and be proactive in choices.

You never know who or what may be out there.

Will update later on today with a random encounter if theres no collective in-character move to do anything.

Sorry. Speaking for Duncan and I, I can say we've been busy with real life stuff. I'll try and get a post out later since I wanted to do a thing with Ian and the morgue anyways, but I can't speak for him. I'm sure he'll let you know.

Oh, nice. Real talk though, it allows me to integrate other players if they want, so no worries.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Fast forwarding to the ending boss encounter, this game has been dead for a while without the small group I envisioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.