Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
low/high fantasy, medieval fantasy, historical fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, solarpunk, grimdark, gothic-horror, supernatural themes, limited fandoms, adventure
As a supporter of the rebellion, you're well aware of the dangers that await, should you be discovered.

Two months ago, a celebrated rebel leader was apprehended by the Imperial Guard. The man, Magister Kiernan, was a well-known scholar and one of the visionaries behind the rebel cause-- and his punishment adequately reflected his crimes against the Empire. An announcement was made, and Kiernan was publicly executed by way of beheading.

If Kiernan's imprisonment hadn't been enough to stifle rebellious tendencies, the execution surely was, and many rebels fled Taitelle to regroup in other territories. Rumours that were circulating about another task Kiernan had begun were immediately hushed, and for two months no one has spoken of ancient trees or dying lands.

Until today, that is, when you discover a curious piece of parchment that could only be meant for a rebel supporter...

5 Lekthas, 3rd Quarter of the Crone, 192 TE

I regret to inform you that the rumours are true: the Heart of Aetheria is dying.

I understand that a letter of this nature seems an unusual method of communicating this, but in the present circumstances, it is a necessary precaution: I cannot risk direct communication at this time. We are reaching a critical situation and action must be taken. As you read this, I am quietly assembling a group of scholars, mages, and soldiers who support the cause, and I must ask that this be kept secret, at least for now.

We are now beginning to see the effects of our actions those years ago, and the situation is dire. Reports from coastal cities are steadily increasing, bringing messages of failing crops and emaciated cattle. Hunters are taking less prey and rates of wildlife predation have increased far beyond what is common in a dormancy cycle. Thus far, these reports have been kept quiet. The Empire was sending meagre relief efforts to the affected areas, though it quickly became far more than they could handle. The efforts are being halted, as the Emperor has decided the plight of these areas must be due to rebel sabotage and does not merit attention or aide.

Fatalities are on the rise as magical instability increases- something I'm sure you have already seen. Where possible, these deaths are also being attributed to rebel attacks and, otherwise, ignored. They are refusing to see what is plainly before their eyes, and Aetheria and all her people are going to pay the price.

As you know, fifty-one years ago, the Empire forcibly removed the guard stones from the Tree. In those fifty-one years, the Tree has been unable to enter dormancy and revitalize itself. The argument was that no dormancy meant limitless prosperity-- but our research indicates that without dormancy cycles, the Tree can neither regulate magic nor support prosperity in the land.

Without dormancy cycles, I am confident the Tree will die.

No matter how many times he is confronted with evidence, the Emperor refuses to listen. I worry he is so blinded by the threat of revolution and repercussions of what it would mean if our research is correct (which it is), he refuses to see the truth. The more we press him to take action, the more obstinate he becomes.

Two weeks ago, our most outspoken scholar, Magister Avelissa, was sent to Portwatch to "observe the conditions there," and we have not heard from her since… I now fear the worst.

The crystalline guard stones removed from the tree have been destroyed, save for the sample specimens that remain in our study. I plan to take these pieces, journey through the Forest of the Ancients, and return them to the Tree. Experiments with the crystals and bark samples taken from the Tree have given us reason to believe that even the smallest piece of crystal may act as a catalyst and restore what we so foolishly removed.

This will not be an easy undertaking, especially when the Empire discovers what I am doing, as I have no doubt they will. However, it is a risk I am willing to take- and a risk that is necessary if we are to preserve the Aetheria we know and love. Should the Heart of Aetheria be lost, so too shall we.

Please send return word using the same enchantment by which this message was concealed. If you are interested in furthering your support, I will then contact you with the date, time, and location of our first gathering to discuss options and concerns, and determine how best we may proceed.

For dissolution, harmony, and a free Aetheria!

- Kiernan

6-3-1, 193 TE

If you think we're giving up because of a little public execution, you are sorely mistaken. To those who wish to actually make a contribution to the world that enables your existence, be at the Randy Gander in the Taithros outskirts by sundown on 21/3/1. Request a room with Chasma-- and don't be a transparent fuckass. If you're followed, you're shit out of luck. Bring ideas, a pack, and a can-do attitude. No one else is going to save our asses.

Hello!

If you're looking for a fantasy save-the-world adventure with rebellion, a heist, and hippie communes, you've come to the right place. Let's get some of the basic info out of the way…

Info Dump now available! Formatting and better organization will happen for the OOC.

Map can now be found HERE!

GM
@DinoFeather

Co-GM
@Lillian Gray

Genre
Fantasy/Adventure

Magic Use
Yes [Elemental, Restorative, Runic, Illusory, Subliminal]

Races
SEVEN! [Human, Goblin, Lamia, Horned, Satyr, Centaur, Nymph]

Setting
The world of Aetheria, complete with your standard fantasy fare. An ancient tree, responsible for the balance and well-being of life on Aetheria, grows in the inner part of the vast continent, surrounded by perilous mountain ranges.

Basic Plot
Save the world, and perhaps dissolve an oppressive empire along the way. Expect layovers. The Taitellen Empire has claimed Aetheria and, while the previous Emperor had given the promise of sovereignty to the various territories, the promise was not upheld by his son who now rules. Tensions are high and, to add to the growing issues, magic has become unstable and the land is beginning to die due to events set into motion fifty years prior.

Player Count
4-6 (excluding GMs)

LGBT+ Friendly

We are Seeking
  • Adept Writers - Please be able to produce several solid paragraphs with relevant content and demonstrate a knowledge of the English language. (Third person past tense preferred!)
  • Creative Contribution - Want to help us flesh out the world by adding a bit of your own content? Awesome! Have an idea you think we should try? Let us know!
  • Dedicated Players - I understand things come up, but try to be active if you choose to join. We prefer players who are comfortable with OOC Discord, as it makes for a much smoother experience, imo.
  • Respectful Players - Drama? In character only! It's okay to have conflict now and then, but it will be resolved in a mature and respectful manner, or you're outta here.
  • Sense of Humour - While there will be serious moments, injury, and possibly even death, this is not intended to be a dark or "edgy" RP.
  • Mature Players - Preferred* There won't be sex scenes in posts or what-have-you (PM the person, if that's your jam), but there will be strong language, violence, and lewd allusions.

Whew. That said, this is still a bit of a WIP and it will likely be another week or so before the OOC/Sign-Up thread is fully up and running. Right now, I'm just trying to gauge interest and see if, perhaps, people want to discuss some elements via Discord.

Please note that this is NOT a first-come, first-served situation. If there is enough interest, players will be selected by their character applications and writing samples.

Cheers!

EDIT: OOC IS UP!

Last edited:
Dino! Hey so, what's your posting speed expectations? I've been jonesing for a sword and sorcery RP, but #adulting and #parenting means I can't post but once a week or two, so I wanna be due before I jump in feet first.

Dino! Hey so, what's your posting speed expectations? I've been jonesing for a sword and sorcery RP, but #adulting and #parenting means I can't post but once a week or two, so I wanna be due before I jump in feet first.
Hey! Posting speed will hopefully be about once a week - week and a half, but I totally understand that life happens and if you ever need a week off, that's fine! As long as it's not like a month between posts, we're good.

Reactions: Red Thunder
I would be interested

Hey! Posting speed will hopefully be about once a week - week and a half, but I totally understand that life happens and if you ever need a week off, that's fine! As long as it's not like a month between posts, we're good.
Brilliant! Then consider me interested, please!

I kind of think I'd play a kind of nymph

I kind of think I'd play a kind of nymph

Hi Camleen!

We are still working on minor details and bits so do keep an open mind but we'd be more than happy to hear what you have in mind!

• Useful
Reactions: kixinorbit
keep an open mind but we'd be more than happy to hear what you have in mind

My initial and obvious thought.. perhaps a water nymph of some kind. The river she inhabits/protects/blesses has been slowly drying for the passed few years, and then is finally just destroyed by the empire. Perhaps thinking the land could be of better use, rather than a nearly dried up river.

That's just my first thought.

keep an open mind but we'd be more than happy to hear what you have in mind

My initial and obvious thought.. perhaps a water nymph of some kind. The river she inhabits/protects/blesses has been slowly drying for the passed few years, and then is finally just destroyed by the empire. Perhaps thinking the land could be of better use, rather than a nearly dried up river.

That's just my first thought.
A cool concept, but don't put too much thought into that just yet! Nymphs are sort of plant race in this world. I'm going to try to get the race descriptions formatted and uploaded (as well as more info) later tonight.

• Useful
Reactions: Lillian Gray
So Horned are basically Tieflings?

Also what level of tech are we looking at? Pure swords and bows and medieval level, or is basic him powder a thing with very basic fire arms and clockwork and whatnot?

• Useful
Reactions: Lillian Gray
Sort of, yes. Just rather larger and not viewed as "cursed" or "infernal" or what-have-you. I'll have info on tech done soon. Basically, yes-- there are limited firearms and some clockwork tech.

If you are a Discord user, pop on in for faster replies!

Last edited:
I haven't read over everything yet, but this looks super interesting, so take my interest.

Well, color me interested :D I havent read everything yet but from what I have read so far, it looks really good!

Map is up!

• According to Plan
Reactions: Red Thunder
This looks like fun, so you have my interest as well.

Also, those puns at the top of the info dump are atrocious. Nicely done.

Edit: The Discord link has expired.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Interested if yall are still looking.

Do you have signups up already and is there a deadline? I'm tentatively interested.