Heart of an Incubus

Melissa waited for Horris to return, and when he did, she read the note, but didn't reply.

She sat down on the edge of her bed, sighing.

It was soon setting into a deep time of night, and so far Sorren had made it to castle grounds; but not inside.

He looked around for raised platforms, reachable edges, or an easy boost. So far he found all of the above and used it to his advantage. He leaped himself onto a tower wall and quickly gripped a hole in the damaged surface. His movements had be both quick and careful, one false move and he was done. As he reached the top of the tower, Sorren looked behind him and saw a window into Melissa's quarters.

He applied pressure to his left leg and hung off the wall with his left arm, Sorren took in a calming breath befor he jumped to the opening. Before he lost his chance he grabbed the bottom of the window, and pulled himself in. Sorren rolled inside landing in front of Melissa. He gave her a inspiring smile, "Sorry I took so long".

Melissa pulled him up. "You're forgiven", she said, smirking.

Sorren wrapped her in his arms and held her tightly, as if it'd been too long since the last time he held her. "Any trouble from your guards or your father?" he asked.

"Not a word", Melissa replied, smiling.

She snuggled against Sorren, and sighed.

He uickly stopped speaking after she asked.

As she snuggled against him he gently kissed her on the top of her head.

"This has to stop. Soon. I can't be paranoid of my father forever", Melissa said.

"It'll be okay.." he answered calmly, Sorren lowered his hands to around her waist.

He lifted her head looked deeply into her eyes.

Melissa avoided his gaze.

"We really need to talk about this."

Sorren could feel Mellisa worrying about being caught, it made her feel uneasy. He wanted her to feel safe, and whether it was sooner or later they did have to talk about it.

"OK", he whispered, "If you're worried about something, then I'm here to listen."