Heart of an Incubus

"Just tell me where and when, love", she wispered, leaning in to kiss Sorren.

He met her kiss the rest of the way, then kissed her forehead. "I'll try to see you by midnight, stay in your quarters until I arrive."

Sorren held her tightly in her arms before sitting up, he gave her another kiss on the cheak and started to put his robes back on.

Melissa replied, "How are you going to get there...?", then started to but her dress and silky vest on.

"I'll ride on horse back throught the forest, then by foot inside city grounds." He strapped on the leather armor pieces, then went over to assist Melissa with geting dressed.

"And in to the castle.......how?"

Melissa raised an eyebrow curiously.

Sorren started tying up the strings to her shirt, then placed his arms around her waist.

"Don't you worry about that, I'll be fine. Just be careful of your guards, they may try to follow you around."

"Ugh, I know. They'll be bugging me all day about where I was...." Melissa sighed.

He finishes tying her shirt then turns her around, he kisses the top of her head as he caresses he hair.

It'll be fine, I promise" he said, with a confident voice.

"You better be", she said, "or i'll never forgive you."

She crossed her arms in a fake act of bratiness.

He laughs at how she crosses her arms, "I'll be there trust me" he said, giving her a brief smile.

"Don't you die on me", she whispered, more to herself than Sorren.

Sorren takes her hands into his and intwines there fingers, "I'll be fine Melissa, I promise."

He leans in and kisses her again, to reassure that he'll be fine.

Melissa pulled away reluctantly. "I should be heading back..."

Sorren stood there awkwardly for a moment when she pulled away, but shook it off quickly. He assisted her over to her horse and sat her on it's back.

"Be careful on the way back' he whispered.

"I will..", she said, and Sadie started running.

Sorren watched as the horse strode off with his love. He gestured his hands to call over Horris, "Follow her, if any harm comes to her speed your way back to me."

He tossed Horris forward and launched the bird to the skies, "I love you Melissa", uttered from his breath.

Melissa rode away, silently cursing her father to all oblivion for refusing to accept their love.

Later, when she got back to the castle, the guards eyed her suspiciously.

She passed by them without a word, a stern look on her face.

Sorren went back to sit in his tent when she left. He was about to lay down to rest til he was interupted by the annoying sound of a camp local.

"So, how was she" said the man. "What did you say!!" replied Sorren with a savage look. "C'mon" the man insisted, "You didn't really love her, you just wanted some of her treasure right?" the man assumed, with his rugged cheap grin.

Sorren launched to his feet and hooked his hands around the man's shirt collar, he held out his left hand equipping his hidden blade.

"Say that again you damn peagan", he shouted.

Raze came from behind and pulled the two apart, he pointed to the man and ordered him to return to his tent. "Stay calm Sorren, he is just a brute. He shall be delt with." Raze said with a calming voice.

When Melissa got to her room, she locked the door, avoiding any conversation from her father.

She had noticed the hawk that everybody called "Horris" sitting on the balcony.

She quickly wrote a note to Sorren:

I got here safely. Not a word from my father, thank god. Anyone giving you any trouble about me coming to you? If so, I'll ride my arse back there and kill them personally.

-M

Melissa quickly tied the note to Horris, and he swiftly flew away.

Sorren crouched at the top of a tree, starring at the sky to calm himself from the rage building inside.

Horris gently landed on Sorren's thigh handing him the note, he replied:

They are speaking about us, but it's nothing a friend and I can't handle. All these people here are trained to kill, I could set you up against them and watch in the aftermath. I'll deal with them, I'm confident you can hold your own, but I shall train you if you wish, just to be secure of these men. Til then, wait for midnight and you'll once again be in my arms.

~Sorren

The bird took flight and Sorren became calm.