Healers Required.

Yuuki smiled, setting beside them, working around them, as the sight of a feral dragon sitting on a stool would both be comical, but would also nearly guarantee a posture that would force youth to slip down the new incline, towards the ground. As hard and cold as it may be, it would certainly not be forgiving for such an action.

In truth, clothing was something most dragons only used when they chose to utilize a more bipedal position, in Yuuki's experience, but even then, unless one used magic or alchemy to alter the number of limbs one posessed, the hardest part to wearing such garments always were the wings and the tail, though the ladder was more manageable for most. Wings posed a fairly unique problem, as any garments meant for humans had to be.....cut and modified to handle wings. It was even harder for dragons with a fire affinity, as their wings would often get cold in colder climates even after the modification of such clothes, and creating coverings for wings were......inconvienient, to say the least. Giving a chuckle at the last time in her memory her younger brother had tried doing such, and how cold he acted and how comical the whole thing was. Her older brother, he just coated them in metal, similar to armoring them, and had the metal heated whenever they got too cold. She had had to use such garments once, and felt the other's pain, but being one that found volcanic regions too hot and snowy areas too cold, she usually didn't have much to worry about.

Determining it best to settle on her own, slowly sitting like a puppy, she once again positioned her tail to control the decline of the little one on her back. Hearing the youth's noises, she came to the conclusion he was waking up, and positioned the end of the slide for the top of the stool she would otherwise be sitting on, were it not going to result in a comedic spectacle, not that one of her new friends would mind. watching and protecting, while scritching at little one's chin with one clawed paw, she took to the menu with her other free forepaw, a delicate balancing act she seemed to have perfected over the years.

Looking to Thoee, Yuuki recognised the distant look, as she had worn a similar one on too many an occasion. once sure the little one was safe and sound, she offered a wing around her shoulders, stiff as though it may be, knowing that sometimes it can help to have some reassurance from someone close, even if she weren't exactly a well-known dragon to these four, having only just met. "everything alright, Thoee-San?" Once again with the common honorific. They didn't know each other well enough for any other, but not using it could be considered rude, and that would be the last thing she wanted to appear like. Different cultures, but if she didn't show the best side of her own, it would reflect badly on herself and on those that she represents, living, lost, and departed.

Glancing back to the little one a few times, knowing how limited a stool can be, especially if a youth is left to their own devices for too long. Smiling softly to him, as she subconsciously starts to hum a small little tune for him, one her own mother had used for her on numerous occasions, one in which she had memorized long ago.

@Roose Hurro

Distant Ponderings, And Other Things...

Though Deen had feathers, he didn't have wings to worry about. His narrow shoulders, the only issue, when it came to slipping into a t-shirt. Clawed feet, tail... and other parts... the difficulty with pants. Though there were some species that had solved that problem by designing pants that could be unbuckled, unsnapped or zipped off, like a shirt or coat. Slide the tail in, secure around hips and groin, tada! Some, even allowing the tail freedom, by zipper or otherwise. Made pants rather complicated, though.......

....... and Deen preferred things simple. Most Nism did. Nature of the beast, so to speak.

The youth? Little "Peeve"...? Short nap, quite refreshing. Yuuki's tail trick, a fun way to be plopped on a stool! Her scritchings? Purrrrr! All this stimulation...

Thoee, her thoughts, distant, found herself surprised when Yuuki's wing covered her shoulders. Found her concern...

... "Hmmm... Dear Yuuki, everything is quite fine. Just..." Warm smile, followed by soft giggle... "thinking what it would be like to raise even a hundred kits."

Yes, her male's talk of raising up kits, of Sealing. Of how many kits they'd have, if she hadn't sealed against pregnancy. What it had felt like, to be intimate with her male, to carry the two kits they had. To give birth. To nurture and teach.

To be a mother.

"Peeve" gripped Yuuki's clawed finger, and rubbed his face on it. His tiny grip, quite strong for one so young. But then, he was Nism. Fortunately quite aware that Yuuki, despite her size, wasn't Nism. So, perhaps in some way an instinctual response, he didn't grip too hard. Just enough to hold that finger there, so he could return the attentions, as he would with his parents.......

Yuuki gave a soft smile in response, glad everything is alright. Without the gifts her Nism company had, she had to rely on external clues...Those put out by body language, the subtle tells, the scents, sounds, the twitches. The way one's eyes betrayed emotion. She had become rather adept at reading others, at least to the level to know when certain responses were appropriate, and when they weren't. These four, they were some of the most mellow, calm, and friendly people she had seen, at least since her younger brother, though his was more an internal, mixed with self-doubt and excessive concern with how others perceived him. She had intervened on too many an occasion when their older brother had been berating him, telling him to act like a dragon and not like a mouse. Ridiculed for how he was misrepresenting himself and his elements. How he should be ashamed of himself. In truth, she agreed with some of the many lectures content, but not all of it, and had even intimidated the older male into submission. Proverbial tail between his legs and all.....Or rather finding the nearest excuse to put distance between them.

Of course he meant well, all of them did, but they went about it in many different ways. The elder brother was one to take on responsibilities the others either couldn't handle, or had moral implications against. Very much the soldier type, with a 'do first, ask questions later' approach. Unfortunately, this clashed in almost every way with his younger brother's way of doing things, usually around finding the best solution for both sides with the least amount of compromises possible. However, if Yuuki knew one thing about her siblings, it was that they all cared for each other deeply. The easiest way to get the unconditional wrath of the others, was to hurt one of their siblings. On more than one occasion, Soldier-boy-brother-of-hers had caused injury, in one case life threatening injury, to someone for causing harm to her more sensitive one. Yuuki herself, well, She was a sort of middle ground, sensitive to the needs of others around her, but willing to do what she has to to save others. Giving a soft chuckle at the memory of her younger brother trying to give her flowers and chocolate, semi-clumsily due to the lack of control of scale-temperature he had had at the time.

Her attention once again getting pulled back to the present, with a clawed digit getting firmly grabbed, and then rubbed against little Peeve's face, making sure to angle it so that the sharp tip wasn't in danger of causing any harm, she smiled and allowed him to do as he pleased for the time being. After all, it wasn't every day she met creatures, young or old, that were accepting of who she was, well, outside of her chosen profession. After all, when you're not well, or have something you need a medical professional to look into, it would be unwise to insult the doctor, Human, Dragon, or whatever they happened to be.

Turning her emerald eyes to Thoee, she gave a soft smile again, listening quietly and intently. "Well, if you chose to do it, I have no doubt you two could, but I can't imagine how much work that may entail. I've heard rumors that humans don't seem to sleep much, if at all, after having a child, and Dragons, well, Depends on the species, gender, and temperament. Almost seems like no two dragons are the same." She chuckles a little, looking back to peeve, smiling. "My siblings certainly weren't. Not even in color." Turning her attention back to the menu in front of her, looking over it while shifting her attention to how the trip had been thus far. The flight had been a long one, but meeting these four had already made it worth the trip.

@Roose Hurro

Kits And Kin...

What had "Hun" been doing, meanwhile? Well, what with all the "adult" talk, she'd spent most of her time hiding her face in her pawhands... and making "Ick!" sounds. Not to mention, she had enough siblings. One brother, enough. Perhaps her viewpoint would change, when her baby brother grew into toddler-hood, like her, and they could more actively play with each other. But right now...

... she stood up on twos, right next to the stool, and watched "Peeve" rub his face on Yuuki's finger. A few more weeks, he'd probably take a nibble...

... and her father, Deen, proud "Dada"...? Menu in hand, busy deciding on lunch. Very relaxed, despite the nearby dragon and quite substantial wing moving about in comforting gesture. Yes, deciding on lunch, and trying not to think about what his mate had just said. Because not wearing pants in public meant risk. Better to exert some self-discipline, to avoid any potential... well, no, can't have that happen, right here and now. Spring would come, soon enough. Best time to spend outside civilization, somewhere in the distant woods. Or some private little beach. In some tropical place. With one of those fancy drinks with the little umbrella.......

Signature grin...

... "No two Nism are the same, either." Deen put down his menu... "I'm half my dad..." He held up one hand... "half my mother..." He held up his other hand... "all squished together..." He brought both hands together, and squished... "into a single bundle of fur, feathers and scales." Hands separated, and picked up his menu again... "Of course, family and friends and Living Life throws its own sticks and stones into the bundle. Into everyone's bundle of self." Fur ruffled, tail's tip flicked as ears went back... "Give worth to all the memories, all the things experience changes......."

Yes, quite a long, involved, contemplative speech, for Deen of Ahvviyinn.......

Then Thoee spoke...

... "I like to think work is a matter of perspective. Creation of New Life, a pure joy. Every effort to care, as My Love said, worth the giving, for the sake of Family." She also fluffed, blue eyes bright as she smiled. Yes, smiled enough to show some tooth, an almost "Deenish" grin.......

Giving an ear for Deen's speech, Yuuki smiles, nodding a little afterwards. "I agree, same here. Back when my parents were still around, I was about half-and-half as well, as were my other siblings, in various ways, and the ways the traits played together created unique people. My younger brother was of a primarily Sapphire and Emerald color scheme, with complete mastery over fire and working to learn wind. However, he was the most hesitant to do any form of harm to any living being. I think he even went for a time as a vegetarian. Our older brother was, I think Red or orange in color primarily, it's hard to remember in part because he always wore armor made of layered strips of metal. He was gifted in Earth and then the subsequently more refined metal. He could turn metal into whatever he wished, and could manipulate the layered strips that composed his armor, sharpen them, and then launch them like flying razerblades, or use them to handcuff dangerous people from a safe distance. He also had access to Water, and probably could advance to blood or ice, if he wanted to put in the time and practice. Me? Well, I hadn't chosen for a long time, but when my sister passed in my arms, while I could do nothing to stop it, it pushed me down a medical path, and I eventually chose to focus in on one thing. Nature, to better correspond with my chosen profession...."

letting out a soft sigh, she smiles. "There were plenty of times that I had to step in and separate my brothers, be it an argument or a sparing match that grew into a disagreement. It was always fun to make the elder of the two make up excuses so he could leave and not have to face me, while the younger little fire dragon would stay close. I miss them, if i'm completely honest, but there's no sense in arguing over 'what if this' and 'what if that' scenarios." Her smile fades for a few, before her attentions turn to the other little one, and her smile returns in force, setting the menu down before gently scritching her chin. Gender, and her chosen field, potentially her chosen magical discipline, all seeming to contribute to her almost instinctual level on how to work with children. "Heh, I take it you're a bit too young for such topics though." she smiles, turning her attention to Thoee after her statements.

"That may well be so, I find myself focusing in on my work anytime I want to avoid something, and even when I don't, I just find my work enjoyable. Helping others, making sure to keep people well. I'd imagine raising little ones would be similar to a degree. If it's something you enjoy, it hardly seems like work. Someone I used to know, before I had to leave home, once said 'if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life', and frankly I agree with that to an extent, but I've also been told that I'm a work-a-holic before, so I don't know if I'm really a good model to gauge that by. I've worked more than a handful of 20-hour shifts on a 24-hour-per-day cycle before, heh heh."

Giving a similar grin as best as she can, almost creating the grinning trio, with the two little ones in front, if she were part of their family it would almost be like a natural family portrait moment, a fact that made her chuckle when she saw the reflection of them all in the glass at the other side of the room.

@Roose Hurro

Portraits And Moments...

Portraits... yes, family and otherwise.

Mirrors only reflect the outside, in reverse. Sometimes, with truth. Grins, in this case, felt on the inside just as they appeared out. A connection. Common ground. Dragon. Nism. Different. Yet the same, where it counted. Sharing a moment of their lives. "Hun", caught in that chin scritch, just like her baby brother had been. "Peeve", sat atop stool, taking in the attention given to his big sister... the voices... other sounds... smells... sensations related to Life. Like...

... Churrr-peep-peep-hrrr-chirp!

No, not quite words. But, to a Nism father's ears, all the communication he needed...

... "Sorry, Yuuki..." Grin, as he again set down menu... "Sounds like Peet needs his nappy changed." Ahhh, well. Lunch would have to wait. So yes, soon as the last word got dotted with its period, Deen slipped off his stool, swept son off his stool, lifted daughter up in near the same motion, and set her down on the same stool just warmed by her brother's backside, with the words... "Honalee..." Yes, he used her actual name... "keep your brother's seat warm......."

And with that, he somehow managed to swiftly slip around dragon, his pace, son in arms, heading for the restroom with unerring precision. Even though he'd never been in this restaurant before...

... a father moment that left Yuuki and Thoee and Honalee, alone together. No males present, though they were accounted for. Well, actually, there was a male present. Behind the counter...

... "Rrready to orrrderrr?" No, not the same individual who had dropped off the menus, this one, a young male Nasskwill, hide still gray, mane and tail's tuft chestnut brown, though the traditional poncho he wore sported a leaf-green color with a bright yellow "sunburst" around the collar. And yes, he hadn't failed to note the bad timing, so, yes again, his eyes followed his words, as his gaze followed where Deen had just tread.......

Yuuki gives a soft smile, gently leaning back and giving Deen all the space he needs to help the little one out with his current needs, smiling gently, running her paw, while gently, down Honalee's back. As she had been looking after these foreign youth, she couldn't help but feel a desire to eventually have hatchlings herself. She had always been good with others' children, probably in part due to her career path, her experience with her own younger brother, his insecurities and moral dilemmas, and her gender.

Looking to Thoee for a moment, yuuki smiles, before looking to the one asking if they were ready. "That depends on the others good sir, but I'd suggest waiting for the others," she looks to Thoee for a moment before finishing, "...unless Thoee knows what they'd like." In truth, she hadn't really looked at the menu, but knowing what the place is, and what they were likely to serve, coupled with the others' potential orders, if asked first, would allow her to make due. If nothing else, she could pick simply, after all, after a trip like hers, eating was important, but overeating was just as easy and potentially massively detrimental to her health, if she weren't careful. She had made new friends here, potentially ones that she'd likely to keep in contact with after the conference, a rare occurrence for her as she had inherited a slight hesitation to advocate for such things, albeit in a less severe quantity than her brothers. If 'version were a spectrum, she' be smack in the middle of introverted and extroverted, with her brothers on opposite ends, Younger more introverted, older more extroverted.

turning her attention to Honalee for a moment once more, she smiled and continued to pet her back, her own necklace seeming to be shaped into a giant dragon scale, made up of four different colors, divided by an 'X' shape through it's middle, tiled with real scales. on closer inspection, it'd actually be a locket, with the hinge bound to scales of a color exactly like her own, albeit the scale size of the individual scales being smaller then her own by a decent margin, as if plucked off her own body a number of years ago, or off a younger dragon of a similar color. The light of the eatery reflected off the scales in the same way as they did her own as well, lending to them being genuine. In the center, there were gems, square-cut, and positioned in an orientation that made them look like diamonds, positioned on the opposite side of the matching color. White surrounded by emerald scales, Emerald by white, Sapphire surrounded by crimson scales, and ruby by Sapphire scales. It would bear an almost uncanny resemblance to a quad-way Yin-Yang symbol, contorted to the shape of a dragon scale. The entire thing seemed to be divided by silver and gold, and looked like it were crafted by paw, and not by a machine.

@Roose Hurro

Giving Orders...

When Yuuki spoke, the young Nasskwill male turned his attention to her. And then to the only one who could be Thoee. Him, very observant, ears up and eyes bright. Mane, ruffled. Thoee ruffled her own mane, in response. Smile, bright...

... "Hot herbal tea... surprise me with your pick. " Tail wrapped around her stool, tuft flicking side to side as her tail settled... "BLT, soup of the day on the side." A glance to the menu, to the place Deen's eyes had lingered the most... "My Love would like coffee, dark roast, with half and half, and honey, on the side. With your 'Everything' omelet, hashbrowns also on the side." Yes, she knew her male...

... and yes, more brunch-time than lunch-time. But food is food!

And, though Honalee enjoyed Yuuki's attentions, she was, indeed, a hungry little girl...

... "I's a'wanna panny cake, with a whippy cream smiley face!" Her little hand-claws tapped on the counter-top. Then she turned her eyes way up, to look at Yuuki... "What's you's a'wants?"

It was only at that moment Honalee noticed... really noticed... Yuuki's necklace, eyes wide as she reached out. But couldn't reach it.......

However, their waiter reached the end of his notations, then also looked up to Yuuki, not at all bothered by her being a dragon...

... "The child speaks wisely. My earrrs arrre yourrrs."

Giving a soft smile as she allows the others to order, she takes one more look to the menu for a seccond as if to affirm her choice, before answering both of the others with a soft statement. "A ham and cheese omelette if it isn't too much hassle. Coupled with a vanilla coffee with cream." Turning her attention to the little one reaching for her locket, she smiles, slowly taking it off and handing it to her so she can take a look at it at will. Upon seeing it, her mind wanders back to her younger brother again, who would've been shocked at the appearance of some of the items that showed on the menu, being, for all intents and purposes, way too nice and selfless. No doubt he'd instantly feel sorry for the chicks that were deprived of their lives before they had even had a chance to live them, even if it were a normal fact of existence.

Yuuki had done all she could in the past to assure him that some things had to be done, or that things were the way they were, and one would have to pick what they fought to solve. 'Fight universal hunger' and 'stop carnivores carnivoring' were very different issues, and working to solve one would be much better time spent than the other. Yuuki knew what made sense and what didn't, something it seemed her younger sibling never really thought through, and resulted in his utter torture as a hatchling from others making fun of him and his beliefs. It didn't help matters either that he often wondered what being a part of a Dragon-and-rider relationship was like, at least at a young age.

Course it could be argued that the older of the brothers was too harsh on the younger. After all, He did have the capacity and drive to do whatever was necessary, though not without ethical beliefs, and while the younger had never seen it, the elder male had been ridiculed, called out, and pushed to his limits by superiors, be they family or otherwise.

Her sister was more like the younger, but she had also been the youngest of all of them. Shame as though it was, sometimes there were illnesses that could not be cured, and when you're technically the runt of a group of four siblings, it doesn't help matters. Unfortunately, no treatments HAD existed at the time for the conditions that Yuuki's youngest sibling had had, And Yuuki hadn't any idea of how to heal, Medical or magical at the time. In fact, as if to serve as a punch to the gut, Yuuki was the one that came up with the treatment, spurred on by her resolve after her sister had unfortunately succumbed. It was a shame, to be sure, and definitely bittersweet for Yuuki, but the world turns, time flows, and those that don't move on get buried in the ever changing currents of reality.

@Roose Hurro

Current Flows...

Yes, time flows. Currents change. And currents flow through time... space... lives. Reality, a sometimes harsh mistress, taking lives in directions not desired. But that is Life. Moving on, the only thing possible. Whether Reality is the result of chance, or of choices made. Good. Or bad. Or just.......

....... Well, even Nism had Anacorra. Long, long ago, a world they'd tried to save... and failed. Thoee and Deen, freshly bonded, on their First Worldwalk, stepped over Threshhold onto a world long dead. A death their ancestors had a part in causing. A death that had cost their own kind ten thousand lives. The loss of an entire biosphere. Details, there, but not really all that important, now. They'd learned, and moved on. Grown as a species. Learned they still had things they didn't know, and, by learning... a bit of wisdom. Earned harshly.

Bittersweet, indeed.

In the here and now, to those sensitive enough, a slight pop, as if coming down from altitude. Then...

... Honalee made delighted noises, both at Yuuki answering her inquisitive question and... Yes'um!... being handed the item of her curiosity. Like her parents, she could perceive patterns in the chi flow generated by living things, and by the things living things touched and interacted with. Invested with their own energies. Yes, quite young. Inexperienced in the manipulation of chi, but, like any child, interested in play. Puzzles being a quite Universal thing amongst sentient beings. So she sniffed. Licked. Touched. Invested some of her own energies. Stroked her own little patterns over the locket, as she played with its chi.

Their Naskwill waiter took careful note of every order detail, quite pleased to do so...

... " No hassle. Anything else, please, let me know." No "rrr-s" to roll, but his accent, still there.

With that, his long, lean, ponchoed form turned and moved on, to deliver said order to the appropriate staff. And Thoee...

... "Ahhh, Dear Yuuki. Something in common with My Love." Yes, connected by coffee. Again, a smile for Yuuki. With an eye and cocked ear towards daughter, as she noted her play.......

-------

Last edited:
Yuuki smiles as she watches the little one interacting with her locket, loving the fact that it seemed to pique her every interest. In truth, it was a gift made and given by her younger brother, and that made it all the more important, especially with the image inside.....

the crystals, if the dragons that studied magic and energies had the right of it, would potentially also have stored some energy, some mana, from at minimum the two parties involved, and at best all four. Gems always were curious things, dragons electing for a time to use them as a form of currency, then as tools and focuses for magical abilities, structures, and power sources, along with a variety of other uses. Most humans she saw seemed to wear a select few different types around their fingers to indicate whether or not they had someone they had given themselves for. Some could potentially have beneficial effects, others, less-helpful effects, and yet others, well, it's a good thing they weren't all that large in size, and the cut did play a part in the properties and the usefulness of the gems, if her limited knowledge was anything to go by.

And then there were the myths of gems every dragon had the chances to give, but give only once, that housed the core of their being. Choose wrong, and you have a weakness that you'd have to lose for all eternity. Choose not to give the gem, and it'd be likely that upon death you couldn't converse with the living in any meaningful capacity any longer. Choose well, well, some people may be able to use your existential energy, and your council, for assistance, however there was no known method to reverse the effects once said gems came into being, and as a result of the varied drawbacks, most families had 'neglected' deliberately to tell their offspring about such capabilities. That is, if the myths were anything but myths in their own right.

Yuuki herself had never met a reason to even contemplate such myths and their viabilities. As far as she was concerned, that's how Liches were created, and that's not an outcome she'd enjoy seeing even in her worst of enemies. Besides, she had more than enough to worry about, what with work, natural disasters and how to save the most people possible, the idiots that want to drill into volcanos and create forges, among all of the other things on her plate.

But no, her attention now was on somewhat of a different topic, one of a much less, critical nature, but still important. Besides, it's always nice to meet new people, make friends, and see the world from time to time. Chuckling at the similarity to deen that was commented on. "That's both the nicest thing I've ever hear, and not the nicest thing I've ever heard." Testing the waters a little with a more casual, playful jibe meant to be harmless, intending to see how they'd take it.

@Roose Hurro

Taking It...

Funny thing about crystals. Long, long ago, the Nism's Creators had used a form of crystal technology... even Thoee had used the old tech, several decades ago. Even though Nism had continued to develop their Creator-tech to the point... well, besides the old tech, they had their Omni Bits. Tech so advanced, it worked on the quantum level. Though anyone who found an Omni Bit would swear it was just a "harmless" marble. Until a Nism activated it. Heh... then, they'd believe fairies were real.......

Thoee? At Yuuki's words, she couldn't help but giggle-laugh, to the point all her fur fluffed up, then settled as she sighed in content...

... "So true... but I love him, anyway."

Speaking of "the devil"...

... "Hello Yuuki! And the Sweetest love I've ever known!" Grin... "I'm sure you've just mentioned me in a sentence..." Yes, Deen stood there, wearing a pouch slung about his neck that hadn't been there before, arms crossed, ears perked, son "clamped" to his tail. Arms didn't stay crossed for long, though. He gave Yuuki a pat... gave his mate a hug-kiss-lick, as he re-took his seat. Then... "I'm also quite sure you've ordered. Given the menus are missing." Yes, their Nasskwill waiter had taken the menus with him...

... "I believe it's my turn to nurse Peet." A glance over shoulder at infant, a brief moment of... well, perhaps Yuuki had seen that "father look" before. In Deen's eyes, a glow of wonder towards that tiny, clamped-to-tail life him and Thoee had made, same look then turned on daughter as, like mate, he noted her play.......

....... raise of fatherly eyebrow.......

....... as locket started to visibly glow, and daughter Squee-ed! her delight.......

Yuuki looks at Deen and gives a soft chuckle, having noticed the manpurse he walked in with. "Maybe so, maybe no, but I don't believe you had that manpurse when you disappeared to take care of a certain youth's needs." Turning her attention to the locket, she starts slowly reaching a paw for it, not having expected it to spontaneously start glowing. Sure, it had gems in them, but, even from her lack of knowledge about sich things, she knew that they weren't cut for practical use, at least, not for magical use. Then again, her brother had been the one to craft it, and he did know more than she did, so it's entirely possible they were cut in a way that would allow certain uses, say defensive wards and healing boons, while dis-allowing offensive assistance, but she didn't know if that were the case.

"Careful there little one, I don't believe they're supposed to handle energy. I think they're supposed to be more decorative than practical." In truth, she was potentially afraid of gems, from all of the legends around what could be done with them, if they were adequate for the purpose. Amplifying magical ability was certainly something particular gems had been used for previously. Their home HAD been located in a mountain range that contained a Supervolcano, if not in the traditional sense. It was more a supervolcano because of the hybrid of a standard volcano and a, if she recalled correctly, aether-based one. Think lava, but blue. And volatile. combining Lava and Aether usually required the assistance of large, purpose built gems, in order to absorb the energy and protect the users, funneling the excess off into more useful, and more safe, disposal methods. failure to do so with the right crystals, to do some with already - at - capacity gems, ones that were the wrong size or wrong capacity, and the results, well, BOOM would be a massive understatement.

Yuuki's people had gotten overconfident. Used the volcano, and the volcano-range for smithing, the natural heat and magical energies making for an ideal location for the initial steps for forging equipment of all kinds, especially after Mythril was located in the same vein throughout the volcano range. The downfall of her people, however, would likely have been to carelessness and the use of the wrong implements leading to an immense explosion, though her memory of what happened, coupled with the fact that she had been somewhere between hatchling and adolescent at the time, attributed to that. One would have to look to the history books to know what had truly happened. Looking at her locket, anyone that knows material composition and metalwork would probably notice the Mythril chain that attaches it to one's neck.

@Roose Hurro

Noticeable Details...

Deen gave Yuuki his "infamous" grin, in spades...

... "Wallet, not 'manpurse'." Grin, replaced by pondering look, rub to muzzled chin... "As you may have noted, my..." A clear of throat... "pants don't have pockets."

A giggle from Thoee. Then, a quite mature roll of eyes from Honalee...

... "Dada! You's a'don't wear pants!"

This whole conversation, a distraction, along with Yuuki's warning. So, with paw there, Honalee handed the locket back, with the words...

... "I's a'makes it pretty!"

Indeed, should Yuuki hold it up, at a fair bit of a distance, it would look like a twinkling star. And Honalee would look all fluffed up and proud, all four of her little nostrils flared, ears quite alert, tail's tuft rapidly a-flick. Deen gave her a rub-scratch between her alert ears, enough so her ears turned back, and so she purred a bit...

... "Good girl! You've paid attention to your lessons!" Yes, she'd been playing, but lack of experience didn't mean ignorance. It just gave a Nism kit more toys to play with.

At this point, their Nasskwill waiter returned, with coffee and tea... for Thoee, her herbal tea "surprise" a blend of Jasmine and lemon grass, with a touch of ginger and mint. As if on cue, Thoee gave her tea a sniff at the same time Deen sniffed his coffee... then gave attention to the careful application of half and half and honey. To get the right balance. And now that everyone was present...

... "I am Onnin Sharrr. Yourrr meals will arrrive shorrrtly. If you need anything furrrtherrr, I am herrre to serrrve." This time, quite a few "rrr-s" to roll!

Yuuki rolls her eyes a bit at Deen calling his manpurse a 'wallet', before chuckling a little to herself. "That would infer it was a rectangular object usually made of some kind of animal hide that either folds in half, Or folds in half with an additional flap for other currency. And as for your pants HAVING pockets would be a neat trick considering you're wearing your birthday suit and all." Lifting one of her wings on Deens side, She revealed a satchel situated underneath that was secured over her back, Likely a twin satchel on her other side.

Snickering a little She turns her attentions to the locket, Gingerly taking it back and staring at it, trying to determine what little Honalee did to make it appear that way. It wasn't all that common for crystals to glow, But usually, From Yuuki's prior experience, it was typically a side effect of being used. Combine that with her preconceptions that the gems her brother had used were meant for defense if anything non-aesthetic, and you get a surprised dragon as the output to the equation.

Refastening the locket to her neck, she looks to the returned waiter, bowing her head in a show of respect to him. "Please don't rush for our sake." She smiles, Still cautious not to appear intimidating, a noticible, though subtle, accent to Yuuki's own words. In truth, she wasn't unlike her younger brother in that sense, they both had a keen sense of when something could be irritating to others or to where they could be perceived as inconvenient, and as much as she tried to avoid being such an irritant to others, she didn't go nearly so far out of her way as her brother seemed to.

@Roose Hurro

A Pocket Full...

It seemed not only Sharr's "rrr-s" rolled. What with Honalee rolling her eyes, and Yuuki rolling hers, well... Thoee, Deen and... yesss, indeed!... Sharr's eyes also rolled at the turn of conversation, his own soft snicker, after Yuuki's. This group had managed to tweak his sense of humor. Caused a small crack in his professionalism. Yes, this Nasskwill, still quite young. And so, still vulnerable to such humor as this. And not actually in any rush.......

Oh, but Deen!

More amused than Sharr, his odd chuckle-snort... flare of all four nostrils... followed by...

... "Wallets come in all shapes and sizes. No animals were harmed to make this..." He patted his neck-pouch, a slight tinkle-click at his touch, eyes taking in her satchel... "Heh... like to keep my own hide intact." A fluff of fur... "Best present my parents ever gave me, this Birthday Suit. Never take it off... no, never!" A final stir of his coffee, followed by a sip... "Shame about the no pockets part, not like a kangaroo or a Nebarian or..." Deen continued to rattle off a number of animal and sentient species who just so happened to have birthday suits with "pockets". In various places. Large and small, one or more.......

....... Then Thoee, herself quite amused, reached out, and clamped his mouth shut.

Somewhere amongst all this, crystal contemplations, toddler giggles, refastened lockets and infant peeps. Then Sharr, ears suddenly alert at the small sound of a bell, right after Yuuki's own words.

Then, his own, in turn... "I will trrry to be calm, thank you." His own bow of head, in return, as he turned back to work, only slightly chagrined by his... distraction. One of the perks, and risks, of this work... so many interesting people! But no intimidation. Or irritation. Just.......

Smiling softly, watching as Thoee calmly presses the mute button on Deen, as it were, giggling a little. It had been quite a while since she had last had a chance to have some casual fun, and these four seemed very much like that was a way of life for them. Fun and games as often as permissible, a fact she was starting to warm up to in turn and letting go of some of her hesitation and letting herself have some time to the others, when she felt a gentle poking sensation at her side, sharp in nature, but not causing pain and almost seeming timid.

Turning her attention to the source, she saw a clawed finger, following it along a scaled arm to what appeared to be a young dragon of intermediary age to the young ones she had been an almost acting aunt or grandmother for thus far, and Yuuki smiled softly, again trying not to intimidate, a seemingly continual conscious effort, based on her species it was only to be expected. adjusting herself to be more on the young ones height, as best as she were able, she extended her own paw and took the little one's. "Hey, it's alright. No need to be nervous. How can I help you?"

Giving Yuuki a deer-in-the-headlights look, shifting their gaze from the Nism family to Yuuki and back again, he mumbles quietly, still seeming intimidated and shy around the group, even though he initiated the contact. ".......H-Hello.."

@Roose Hurro

Dear Headlights...

....... just a free-spirited Nism family, living life to the fullest. Sharing their free spirits quite openly with those they met. But then, this, the nature of Nism... one of their "design specs". So they would never lose what they gained. Never change to the point they would wither. And die. Like their own Creators had done.

Nism, the Universe's wild Free Spirits... forever.

Not timid, only a slight pain.......

Body fur flat, mane fur quite ruffled, Deen carefully pried Thoee's fingers off his face, her clamp to muzzle making it a bit difficult to breathe. Thoee let her fingers be removed... her attention, Deen's attention, Honalee's attention... all but Peet's, who still peeped at his father... yes, everyone but him, focused on the very young dragon who said... "H-Hello..."

Fingers free, tea set aside, Thoee gave the dragon child her warmest smile...

... "Hello as well, Young One." Off her stool. Down on all fours. Then up on haunches. Hand formerly clamped to mate's muzzle, now extended, palm up.

Meanwhile, Deen rubbed his face, grinned, tail's tip a-flick, quick lick between all four nostrils as his attentions turned from dragon child to his own infant son. Tail raised, he plucked Peet off, cradled him to chest, opened his mouth... and offered his son both feelerish milk-tongues. Yes, coffee set aside. Peet? He chose the left side, and started to suckle with content.......

Yuuki gives a soft smile, looking to the little one, who seems more scared of the group then anything, an indication that they're perhaps overwhelmed by the group before them. The little one hesitantly takes Thoee's hand, giving Yuuki a glance as he does, probably looking either for permission or reassurance that he'll be safe, and her sympathies come to the front of her mind, knowing full-well what it's like walking into the unknown. Why they're here, was still left up to interpretation, but from Yuuki's own speculation, it must be due either to her, Thoee, or someone like them having helped the little one or their family to the point where he wanted to follow their path and do good by others.

Giving a soft and gentle, hopefully reassuring smile to the youth, she allows Thoee to take control of the situation, watching and there to provide assurance should the little one need it, not paying attention to Deen as he cares for another little one.

The youth, however, looked Yuuki's direction, and though Yuuki almost missed it, there was a glint in his eyes that told her he thought of her as a hero, as a role model, and then he turned the same gaze to Thoee. his wings folded to his back, though shifting about and shuffling nervously, similar to how one may twiddle their fingers or tap their foot, or curl hair, amongst the multitude of additional ways one may channel their nervous energy.

The Little one's paw, however, would be warm like a nearby candle, tipped with razor-sharp claws that he weren't yet adept at controlling at this age. Smooth and shiny scales, Brand new horns popping out of the back of his head, not yet the length that'd mark him a teenage or an adult dragon as yet, eyes trained on Thoee, twinkling with nervousness.

@Roose Hurro

Twinkle, Twinkle...

Normally, Honalee would have been the first to jump up and greet this other youngster, with an offer of play. But she was over two now. Her baby brother had taken over her former place under her dada's shroudruff. And she had matured. At least a little. Enough to know, from this other youngster's chi, it would be best not to dive in. Let her mother take charge. She would watch. And...

... "I's a-gots panny cakers commin'. You's a-wanna share?"

The twinkle in her eyes held loads of energy, contained. The slight wiggle all over, another sign. Just to hold herself in further check, she grabbed hold of her waving tail, and held tail's tuft in her mouth.......

Her brother, Peet, continued to suckle. Deen? Relaxed in his nursing pose, eyes and ears returned to the situation at hand. Him, not doubting his mate's ability to handle this young one. This dragon kit. But ever one to satisfy curiosity!

Thoee?

She took in this Young One's gaze, her forehead badge sheening for a moment. Her, quite familiar with sharp claws, having her own, and having not only dealt with the sharp claws of Nism kits, but sharp teeth, as well. Her own forearms, scaled from fingertips to elbows. So little claws would just slide off...

... "How may we help you?"

Yes, the nervous energy of youth. But always a reason. And so, her question, to help start a conversation. Like her mate had not long ago, body fur flat, so she would not look larger and, perhaps, more intimidating, only mane fur fluffed, as her ears turned forward, to listen.......