Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
Electronica Character Profiles

Last edited:
Character Name: Rachel "Rae" Thompson
User Name: @Chatoyante
Affiliation: Electronica Leader
Bio: Rachel lived the first seven years of her life in Headphone before moving with her parents to Musica. She remembers these early years fondly, especially the excitement surrounding the annual musical pageants her elementary school would put on for parents. Moving to Musica was a major adjustment for her as a child, as the state's Mute Movement made music a forbidden topic. The loss of music in her life as well as the turmoil involved in having two parents absorbed in their careers, Rachel's once stable home life suffered.

Enter Rye, her neighbor and new best friend. They forged a close friendship after her move to Musica, and eventually were both involved in the creation of the musical contraband gang, Nausicaa. As time went on and the risks to Nausicaa's members grew, Rachel started to see the need of introducing payment and discretion into what was once just a group of teens and young adults finding enjoyment in the taboo. This philosophical shift was the first of many that Rachel took on, and is the basis of her gang, Electronica.

Music and its creation is something that Rachel holds in high esteem. Much like her parents and their own careers, Rachel takes her work with Electronica seriously. No longer a little girl, she's interested in taking what was once an old hobby and making it into something that can sustain itself. This fixation on money and social climbing can come off as greedy to those around her. Rachel, however, is married to the thought of providing for herself and her fellow Elecs, and believes her motives are more about being practical. While the bottom-line is important to Rachel, she'll stick her neck out for those who've proven themselves invaluable to the Elecs.

Outside of her role as Electronica's leader, Rachel spends most of her time assisting and volunteering for the county treasurer, Hahn del Lotario. She's tight-lipped about her involvement with the politician, citing non-disclosure agreements. Unlike her work with Electronica, she struggles putting the same passion into her time assisting Lotario, but never seems to have a negative thing to say over it.

Rachel's style is generally understated. On her own time, she'll wear her blonde hair down with little to no jewelry or makeup. She usually dresses comfortably and unremarkably, favoring plain shirts, skinny-legged blue jeans, sneakers, and a black jersey jacket. During these relaxed times, she'll usually have her electric bass hanging around her shoulders as she quietly plucks away, only occasionally bothering to connect it to the amp. Her wardrobe for when she's conducting business--for Electronica or the County Treasurer--is still simple, but much more professional and feminine.

Last edited:
Character Name: Nadia Agapova
User Name: @Shavynel
Affiliation: Ex-Nausicaa Electronica
Bio: Born Nadia Andreiko, from the age of four, she had been in and out of foster homes like nothing else, which ought to be expected given she was hostile toward new foster parents, completely unruly and uninclined to listen to anyone. In any case, it shouldn't be surprising that she looked outside of the system for something real. She was twelve when she first heard of Nausicaa, having cultivated the desire to acquire a cello. Being that young, she hardly had the funds to buy the instrument, but that ultimately led to running away from home, changing her name to Nadia Agapova, and joining the gang, just a year before it disbanded. She was a bit young, but she'd developed an uncanny ability to sneak around, climb, and stay hidden in her days skipping school and chasing music.

Following Rae was an obvious choice. First of all, Rae's philosophy matched her own survival instinct. Anything less was just stupid (and anyone who left was a traitor). Second of all, Rae was the one who pushed her to be better. Not just at playing the cello (don't even think about mentioning how it doesn't suit her or worse, how it's the only thing that suits her), performing missions, helping out around the gang, but in life in general. Rae was the reason she went from flunking middle school to acing high school while holding down an internship at a local law firm. The internship It isn't much, yet -- a whole lot of running of papers and just paperwork in general -- but Nadia figures the connections will be worth it.

Nadia's still hostile to those she doesn't know and doesn't deem worthwhile, and often time even to those she does like. She'll act impulsively without much thought to consequence (except perhaps for her own survival). But she's perfectly capable of pulling off polished and professional when she thinks you've got something she wants. It's given her a reputation for being opportunistic and deceitful, but she'd call it being observant and capable, the ability to see what needs to be done and make it happen. More than anything, she values independence and self-reliance. The easiest way to get on her bad side is to suggest she's incapable, to lend her a hand when you think she's failing. Yet, hypocritically, she derives a lot of satisfaction from caring for those close to her. Which is to say, she has the capacity to be sweet. Usually it's a ploy to get things her way, but sometimes it's because she actually likes you, but it always seems a little hard to tell. The joke is the only one she's always true to is her cello.

She has dark brown hair that is almost always pulled into a high ponytail. Her bangs are cut in a side part (that she trims herself, thankyouverymuch). Her tendency for clothing is ripped skinny jeans, a black top, and her moto jacket. She has blue-grey eyes and does her best to keep them "neutral" (which is to say, hostile), refusing to show true emotion (playing the right part for the right people, though, is another matter). When she needs to be presentable, she'll either let her hair down or pull it into a bun and trade for slacks, blazer, and button up.

Last edited:
Character name: Jett Coel
User Name: @Lost-and-Bewildered
Affiliation: Electronica member
Bio: Jett is a migrant from Headphone, his father was a violinist, but during a performance one night a fight broke out due to a sabotage by the Mute Movement. As a neutral state, Headphone held a secret trial and exiled the offenders, but if news were to spread of these Mute terrorists war would be inevitable. Bereaved and silenced, Jett came to Musica to fight the movement by corrupting its roots- bringing the symphony to the Musicians. He was drawn towards Rachel's philosophy, having seen first-hand the danger that comes with sharing music, and she is the only Musician he has confided in so far about his father's death. Unfortunately his impatience for revolution and justice for his father makes him impatient, even reckless, when interacting with civilians. Used to the liberal Headphone, Jett wants to share his passion, and he's not averse to using his charm to convince new recruits.
The hive of activity of the coffee shop, the Mean Bean, suits Jett perfectly. Despite his grief, you'll always find him giving the prettiest girl a lopsided grin over the counter. Maybe he'll treat her to one of his legendary chat up lines if she's cute enough. But because you can't be too handsome when you're working undercover, so normally Jett sticks to very casual clothes, jeans and t shirts, maybe a pair of slick trainers if he's feeling a little underdressed; he'd rather let his mesmerising bottle green eyes be his main feature. Same goes for hair, why comb it? I hear the messy look is in these days. His face is animated, with slim lips offset by his aquiline nose, and his father's acute jawline. He's tall, around 6"2, but more lithe than muscular as his emphasis during a jack is speed.

Last edited:
Character Name: Aren Heftig
User Name: @Giltine13
Affiliation: Electronica Clef
Bio:
History: Aren was born to two highly respected Clefs, Anna Heftig, one of the three public faces of the clefs, and Orack Heftig, the top officer of the underground Clefs, responsible for dealing with gang activities, music contraband and anything else going against the rules set by the Mute Movement. He grew up in a posh and glamorous environment – the richest part of O Town where is parents owned a mansion they called home. In other words, the boy could have anything his heart desired.

Aren studied only at home thought by the teachers hired by his parents. His childhood was overseen by their family's butler, Mr. Sevir Fidele, since his parents had quite the busy lives outside the mansion walls. Aren himself was hardly allowed outside the mansions perimeter until his eighteenth birthday, unless he had to attend some formal event with his parents or got to the theater. After all, his parents wished him to grow up into a fine cultivated man. Because of this Aren didn't have any friends besides the family's butler and disregarded most other human beings.

When he was old enough, a new field of studies was opened up to him – the art of combat. His father often oversaw these lessons or thought them personally building a closer relationship between the two. Aren wished to impress his parents, so he took his training very seriously and quickly mastered any lesson thrown at him. Though the most extreme change in his life happened when he turned eighteen and the mansion's doors finally opened to him. Though the life behind them was exactly how he had always pictured it: full of disappointments and trash.

Aren chose to get the university-level education privately as well, since he had no wishes to socialize with people he holds below him. However, he couldn't escape others forever. He became a Clef with his parents help and ever since has been trying very hard to climb up in the Clef ranks to live up to his parents expectations. His current set goal is to bring down an outlaw gang by going undercover. For this he has endured vigorous training, not only in how to receive a beat-down, but also in acting, body language and manners of speech. In other words, he did absolutely anything to disguise his shortcomings in human interactions. In addition, Aren has spoken with the leaders of another gang infiltration mission for information about the job, though he has yet to meet the undercover Clef.

After the preparations were complete, Aren moved out into a tiny apartment in the shadier parts of the O Town and got a job as a bartender in the club 'Pig Out'. For further separation from his roots, he changed his last name into Achtung. After settling in his new lifestyle he followed some leads and sought out a gang member and now is waiting for their contact with him.

Personality: Aren's uprising has a huge influence on his character, just as on any other human. He knows all laws by heart and follows them without question. In turn he hates anything that opposes the current system, border countries included. He was grown to be ambitious, strong-willed, patient and strict. He learns new things fairly quickly and is quite observant, a skill that has helped him many times in his life. Whenever he sets himself a goal Aren can become very single-minded and do anything in his power to reach it. Sometimes more than he is prepared to handle.

There are times when he can't keep a leveled head and his frustration gets the better of him. Most of such events include what he considers to be outsiders – anyone not from his family. He's very mistrustful of them and since he had spent most of his life isolated, he has a hard time communicating with people he doesn't know and often isn't able to sympathizing with them. Aren hardly feels pity towards others so he may come off as heartless. He's also incredibly judgmental of others, often thinking that they are below him. Though, this comes more from his inner insecurities and fear of failure than any real feelings of superiority.

To make sure none this would affect his current mission Aren has become an actor that can fake any emotion effectively hiding his true colors as well as his awkwardness near strangers. On the down side this usually leaves quite the hurricane of emotions inside. Sometimes he even has a hard time separating his true feelings from the ones of his role. But he continues to act like so not only because of his wish to succeed, it is also to satisfy his child-like curiosity. Aren has a very strong thirst for knowledge and usually it is his main driving force somewhere deep down.

Appearance: Aren's 173cm tall with a well built lean figure. His skin is quite pale, making his vibrant green eyes and jet black hair stand out. For his secret mission he dyed his hair with horizontal light, almost neon, green streaks and styled it to cover the right side of his face. For him it works like a mask or a barrier to hide from the outside world.

Aren prefers to wear appropriate clothes to the current situation, regardless of how uncomfortable it may be. His style is usually very formal, which wasn't suited for his mission at all, making him exchange it for a more 'bad boy' one. He usually dresses in black jeans, any dark colored shirts and a leather black jacket that sometimes caught green highlights – his signature. For work at the 'Pig Out' club he wears the official uniform: a black suit with a blue shirt with vertical darker blue stripes.

Last edited:
grey Has not posted yet.

Character Name: Lisa Guo
User Name: @Phi Chisym
Affiliation: Electronica
Occupation: Student Resident at Abafando Musica University Medical Hospital
Medical Student (Pediatrics) - Second Term at Abafando Musica University Medical Hospital
Bio: Hometown - Indie

Lisa began playing the cello at the age of three under the instruction of her father while they lived in Indie. She then studied under one of her father's close friends, renowned music director Eleonore Schoenfeld for two more years before her mother's career as a Procurement Manager in a national manufacturing chain moved them to Musica.

Losing the voice of music at the age of ten tore her apart, but gave her a new purpose and a fiery drive towards her future as a doctor. She hoped to learn ways to return music to the minds and hearts of all of Musica - without getting caught. She choose to become a Pediatrician, but has been teaching herself Audiology and researching processes in Tie Reformation to one day find a cure. But all of that was not necessary when she ran across Rachel, leader of the gang Electronica. Now, she has the support she needs to continue her quest. She works with Rachel, assisting her in Tempo Control and trying to solve the mystery of The DJ.

Appearance

Last edited:
. placeholder .
6​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
7​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
8​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
9​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
10​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
11​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
12​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
13​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
14​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
15​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
16​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
17​

Last edited:
. placeholder .

Note: Numbers are so I can count characters quickly without actually counting character sheets.​

Last edited:
Table of Contents
* = Required reading
1. Sticky Table of Contents <- You are here
2. Introduction and Lore*
Introduction to the story, RP, and details on how to use this thread​
3. General Roleplay Rules*
4. Character Creation Rules*
Rules specific to certain character types​
5. The GM's Responsibilities
6. How to Join*
The character profile sheet you should use and how to submit it​
7. Headphone Jack Extended Information
Extended lore, affiliation information, and help with character creation. Has its own Table of Contents.
Reading this is not required to join.​
8. Civilian Character Profiles (Page 2)
List of current civilian character sheets​
9. Clef Character Profiles (Page 3)
List of current Clef character sheets​
10. Electronica Character Profiles (Page 4)
List of current Elec character sheets​
11. NuMetal Character Profiles (Page 5)
List of current Nu character sheets​
12. OOC Chat
The last page of this thread​

[btn=modb|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/ic-headphone-jack.155016/|self]IC Thread[/btn] [btn=modb|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/headphone-jack-player-driven-wiki.157944/|self]Player-Driven Wiki[/btn]​

Last edited: