Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
Civilian Character Profiles

Last edited:
Character Name: Gareth James Taylor
User Name: @Vernyx
Affiliation: Civilian Seeking NuMetal
Bio: Gareth learned very quickly to hate the Clefs. Born in Musica, Gareth lived with his father for 10 years before his father was arrested and executed for playing music in a secluded bar somewhere. He had lived off the streets for most of his life, making money by repairing the weapons of local criminals. Gareth still managed to complete high school, despite his living conditions, and saved up to go to college. His skills with repairing things led him to a career in watchmaking. He has gotten used to the dull headache that the ticking of the clocks has given him. He now owns a quaint shop, "What Makes It Tick," and makes a clean profit. Despite this, Gareth feels regret and is desperate for revenge against the Clefs.

Gareth is a tired man. The light bags under his eyes and cowlick at the back of his head have made a permanent residence with him. He is almost always smiling, his cheerful mood never failing to satisfy a customer. Gareth is tidy when it comes to money. He always knows how to make ends meet. He is a well-dressed man, typically seen in a black leather vest and a white tux shirt with the sleeves rolled up past his forearms, along with sleek black pants and shiny black shoes. Gareth is optimistic in even the bleakest of circumstances.

Gareth has dark brown hair that is shaved on the sides and back, and is short on the top. The top is slicked back a bit, except for the small tuft of hair that sticks up toward the back. Gareth usually keeps his head covered with a black cabby hat. His beard is well-kept, trimmed but not shaven. His glistening brown eyes are warm and welcoming. He is rather skinny, neither muscle nor fat noticeable on him. His fingers are long and think, perfect for working with small objects.

Last edited:
Character Name: Tobias "The Scribe" Sean
User Name: @Proficiency
Affiliation: Ex-Nausicaa gang-sympathizer
Occupation: Convenient store cashier by night - Freelance Music dealer by day
Bio:

Born in Musica - Tobias was always known for his "eccentric" tastes at a young age. From eating his breakfast while taking a shower to acting up in rather whimsical ways. Tobias has never been suitable for the label as "normal". This led him down what majority of society would consider a dark path as he one day comes across a battered book of nursery rhymes. Any normal law abiding citizen would turn this over to clefs in a instant or destroy it themselves. But the young Tobias look within to see what it held. The tie in his ears prevented him from reading out loud without suffering from the pain. But reading inside his head only gave him a slight pinch.

He fell in love with rhyming. Not enough to develop a habit of speaking in rhymes . But secretly would keep a notebook in his room to jot down a few rhymes. It became a hobby for him and wished he could make a career out of it. He didn't care much for schooling or working some mundane job. Every celebrity out there make a killing off something fun to them. But what Tobias enjoyed was a crime.

When Tobias learned about the Nausicaa gang's "Tempo control" . He quickly seeked out a recruiter. The notebook he worked on for years was damning evidence that he couldn't possibly be a clef spy so he got to the initiation stage easily. His beat in was nothing he couldn't handle. The pain of not hearing his work out loud was more painful that a few punches and bruises. The day his tie was removed was a day he now sees as his "rebirth"

The first thing he ever did was start reading out the rhymes he crafted. While of course many sounded better in his time. He still experienced a new level of euphoria when creating verses out of his notes. But it was all missing something, music wasn't all about singing afterall. Instruments were used to create melodies to accompany the vocals. Already he was grateful for this "gift" given to him by the gang's founders. He happily and obediently carried out their will where it was needed and when he was not needed he would spend his earnings buying CDs to listen too. Trying to experience every genre of music to find something that spoke to him. It took him every dime he had to finally find the genre that took him by storm.

Hip Hop. It was clearly what he was looking for. Rhyming over melodies, or "beats" as he soon learns is the term for them. What he's worked on all theses years could not compete with theses legendary tracks created by "MCs". Some told stories of struggle and redemption, some had jokes, some were relaxing and many held cryptic messages. Tobias' new hobby became studying theses "bars" and deciphering them. This led to him becoming a music pusher for the gang so he could "Spread the message of the MCs". He earned the name "The Scribe" for his obsession with unlocking the meanings to theses messages left behind the "MCs"

Even escalated to him founding a small subfaction of the crew called the "Hipnoughts". By sharing his findings with other members. He created a "order" of like minded individuals to aid him in his research. They assisted the crew by expanding their hip-hop market by undergoing tireless hunts for new tracks. They would listen - identify the MC - piece together the messages and them to the MC's "saga".

Members of the order were identified by their "chain". Many MCs have talked about chains so the order saw some significance in them. They were less suspicious than gang tattoos and look incredible. Overall the order were pacifists but made sure to train their members so they could defend their chains from envious punks. There was no greater shame for a member of the order to lose their chain and it carried severe consequences.

Things were looking great for Tobias. He raised up the ranks and was even given the knowledge to perform the sacred act of Tempo control. But it all came crashing down on him when one of the Order's caches was raided by Clefs. Years of work was destroyed and half his order was arrested. Before this Tobias had no strong opinion of clefs. He saw them as a hazard he had to avoid when on the job. But after that tragedy he only felt hatred for clefs. They were out to destroy the wisdom of the MCs and keep the masses deaf to the messages they left behind.

To make matters worse for him the gang's split happened a month later. Just as he was rebuilding his order and picking his work back up. This infuriated that they would do this, what did this accomplish? The only hope to fight against the clefs torn itself into two. They made themselves a smaller targets for the clefs to stomp out. Along with his anti-clef stance, Tobias also became a advocate for unity. Instead of fleeing to one side he decided to stay out of it - entirely.

He wasn't gonna support this madness. So for the next 5 years Tobias worked a mundane life at a convenience store. He took nights so he didn't have to be around many people to see his "quirks" of bobbing his head to a song in his head. Or tapping on the counter gently with his fingers. He was still a man that wanted to continue his work. When he was off work he would go home to his apartment and resume studying tracks he finds in secrecy.

Despite the foolish idea to split - Tobias still had respect for both sides. It was thanks to their leaders that he was even given this gift to hear the messages of the MCs. He thought they would both be destroyed by now but they keep appearing in the news. Fighting the good fight, he wanted to get back in the game. He was tired of sitting around letting the clefs get a tighter grip on the greatest thing in his life. He didn't want to pick between the two. He wanted to find a compromise and maybe act as a diplomat between the two factions. First he had to get the attention of his old superiors, and he knew exactly how.

He built a sizeable library of hip-hop Cds for one person. So large that it could land him a life sentence if he was caught with it. Maybe selling in one of the gang's turfs would get rid of some of it and get the gang's attention. It was a dangerous idea. But its not like he was a rookie to music pushing. Besides, he missed spreading the good word of the MCs. The Scribe is back!

Appearance

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
Character Name: Hahn del Lotario
User Name: @Chatoyante
Affiliation: Civilian
Bio:

Lotario grew up in a traditional household of a stern, hardworking father and stay-at-home mother. He was the eldest of four, having three younger sisters. As a high achiever in school and their big brother, he was always involved in helping them with their schoolwork. This kind of philanthropic concern for the education of the young is something that continues with him throughout his life.

As the county treasurer, he's always fastidious and professional. His concern for his community shows in the outreach programs he spearheads, such as financial literacy programs and college preparation programs. While invested in the community's youths as well as being married, he actually has no children of his own.

Due to being a long-standing politician, he has ties to many of the county's elites and then some. Among these elites are sometimes collectors of the taboo--that is to say, instrument and music collectors. While raised conservative and with an interest in keeping a pristine, patriotic image, Lotario has no interest in policing what the wealthy choose to do with their own time and money. In fact, he typically connects these wealthy patrons to those who procure the contraband (currently, this is the Elecs). For the most part, this is all done in secrecy, and any accusations of his involvement in illegal activities are denied outright.

Despite his connections with the Elecs, he is very pro-tie and reformation legislation. His personal feelings regarding music are unknown to everyone except himself. He stands at 6'0", has dark eyes and hair, is portly around his midsection, and typically dresses in suits: http://i.imgur.com/wtltrEv.png

Last edited:
grey Has not posted yet.

Character Name: Doctor Bernadette Aromaleigh, AuD.
User Name: @Phi Chisym
Affiliation: Civilian - Metallica
Occupation: Chief Surgical Audiologist/Department Director at Abafando Musica University Medical Hospital
Creator of the Magnetoencephalotherapy Reformation Procedure
Metallica Chairmember and one of the faces of the revitalization of The Mute Movement.

Bio:
Madame Bernadette is a product of Musica and was taught at a very young age that unwelcoming sounds were of the devil's making, and those who follow such tones were not to be trusted, nor allowed to live within a civilized society of law and order absence of polluted sounds. The only child of a conservative Metallica political lawyer and an innovative doctor before her time, Bernadette seem to be cultivated for the position she holds now - as an bold new warrior for the continued future of Musica's Mute Movement. She's now the Chief Surgical Audiologist/Department Director at Musica's infamous university medical hospital - the very home of Dr. Witold Tobias Xenakis, the creator of The Tie - the presently used sound frequency reformation procedure. Due to her position at the hospital, she is frequently called by the government's Reformation Program and has become a common face among the Pro-Reformationist/Pro-Mute societies.

Dr. Aromaleigh is the creator of Magnetoencephalotherapy. It is a new functional reformation neuroimaging technique that maps pre-infant brain activity associated with the sense and understanding of creative sound (music) by recording magnetic fields produced by electrical currents occurring naturally in the brain as it is being developed within a growing fetus. Once mapped and the proper currents are found, using the same magnetic fields, more electrical current is fed into the brain using magnetodoplers, which expands those targeted nerves - causing tiny explosions thereof; in turn, destroying the nerves in a manner that kills the innate ability to hear and understand 'creative sound'; as well as inhibiting the nerves the ability to regrow.

This process is safe to use before birth - safely destroying the whole concept of 'music' before life begins without harming the needed sense and understanding of 'hearing sound, understandable noise, listening and hearing appropriate tones necessary for communication. This process can eliminate the need for the government's costly Tie surgeries - saving billions of dollars; as well as end the new unknown process of the Tie Cutting procedure that is threatening the entire Mute Movement by returning 'music understanding' to the citizens of Musica. But this recent threat - the myth of The DJ - has caused an uproar within the medical community, causing doubts among her colleagues on if her new procedure can sustain against the likes of this hidden phenom. Madame Aromaleigh is determined to put an end to these doubts - for good.

Appearance.

Last edited:
Character Name: Mark Evans
User Name: @Vardoger
Bio:
Mark is an old man who has lived in O Town his whole life. He lives right on the border of the Viennese and Dream chords while owning and maintaining his small book store named Lydian Ledgers & Tomes.
As a youngster, Mark was a punk and political activist. He participated in many sit-ins, protests, and even some riots. Experimenting with drugs and in and out of prison, he eventually settled down by the time he turned 28 and, over time, became quite the respectable person. He used to work in a small office furniture shop, becoming fluent in Sign Language once the owner went deaf, and finally taking over the shop once the previous owner finally died. At about 45 years of age, he decided he didn't like dealing with heavy stuff, and converted the shop into its current bookstore with some office supplies, the Lydian Ledgers & Tomes. Named so after the chord it was located in.

Lydian Ledgers & Tomes has been in business for over 20 years now, and is more of a hangout spot than a store, as it doesn't look like it's running a profit. Mark keeps it going to help pass the time and learn about the world around him. He has read most of the books in his store, and loves having lengthy conversations with those who are willing to listen. Mark is given ample opportunity to learn about what the "young people" are into since his store is located right next to the Mean Bean, a popular coffee shop.

Mark is easy-going, and at this point highly booksmart given his occupation. He likes to read scholarly articles and reference books about many diverse subjects, but his latest interest has been botany. Several exotic plants now sit in pots spattered about his store and he grows a few more at home. When no one is paying attention, he sometimes talks to the plants, as they can't judge. Mark's a fan of nonjudgemental characters.

Although Mark has gone straight now, his affinity for punk fashion never left him. Due to that, his appearance is a bit of a spectacle. At 67 years old, his age certainly shows through hsi wrinkles and worn face. But he still makes attempts to shave his head and keep a mohawk. However, he is quite lazy and not so good with his hands anymore, so the mohawk is overgrown, the shaved head patchy, the green hair dye fading into his silver-spattered brown hair. He has a black tribal tattoo running up his neck that just peeks out of the collar of his shirt sometimes, but is stretched, misshapen, and heavily faded.
His appearance is similar to this, though older, kinder, and no tattoo on his head. The description is more accurate.

Last edited:
grey Has not posted yet.

Character Name: Valto Taccan
User Name: @Giltine13
Affiliation: ex-Nausicaa member
Bio:
History: As far as Alto can remember he lived in an orphanage in a city close to O Town. There he got the basic education, worked part-time until he finally turned 18 and got the green light to leave. Just a few weeks after he found work in the capital and moved to live there. Valto got really lucky. The shop owner allowed him to live on the second floor of the shop, if he cleaned the place up. It took some time, but gradually it became a place to call home.

Soon after moving to O Town, Valto met Rachel and Ryan. Their gang intrigued him, so he didn't stop pestering them till he was allowed to join them in their mischief. He viewed it as some sort of a game he could play after his work hours to keep boredom away. However his outlook on the whole gang activity changed when they found a way to remove Ties and removed Valto's. He was simply swept away by music, by its passion and beauty. He found a strong passion for the piano and could play it for hours and hours without tiring.

Since then he kept much closer ties with the other gang members and helped them out anyway he could. He even shared a secret he knew that completely changed the gang's objectives – the legend of the DJ and its power. Sadly he didn't know anything about its whereabouts, he wasn't even sure if it actually exists. But it still was a shimmer of hope in the deaf world.

When Ryan was put through trial Valto got caught in the crossfire. The shop he was working at was also a small storage for some of the musical instruments and the Clefs discovered it following Ryan's capture. Valto took the blame for it and the last anyone heard of him was that he got taken away by the Clefs, followed by a sentence of death.

Personality: Valto was most recognizable for his cheery and laidback attitude. While he usually did take everything seriously, he did it in a carefree nature. Most of his reactions were widely exaggerated for comedic effect – he simply wanted to brighten up other people's life. He'd find a pun or a joke to throw in at the weirdest situations, act clumsy to divert attention from unpleasant thoughts. He always cared so much for others, yet acted disinterested towards them. In short he was one strong, but really unpredictable, ray of sunshine.

But that didn't mean he never felt or showed his other reactions. He'd often feel frustrated and agitated, letting out a bunch of inhuman noises while waving his hands to express it. When caught in his furry he'd lose any voice of reason becoming a fierce opponent with a one track mind. Whenever he felt depressed, he'd stay away from other, since he didn't want that feeling to spread to others. Usually, he'd just hideaway in his room or burry himself under piles of work. Sometimes he sneered and made fun at his peers, right after rushed to bandage the smallest of cuts.

Valto was also very perceptive and had incredible intuition. He seemed capable of reading any situation correctly, though sometimes ignored what he found. He joked around a lot, but most of them had hints of some deeper meaning. Valto always regarded himself as an idiot or a simple minded creature. That is, until things got serious and clefs were on their tails. Valto was an unusual ally you couldn't really trust as it was hard to tell what was going on in his head.

Appearance: Valto was 177cm tall and a little bulkier than average. His skin was creamy, eyes a light green and a wide smile permanently plastered on his face. His very dark brown locks reached past his shoulders, always tied in a small pony tail.
He hasn't worn any type of formal attire his entire life, preferring to stay comfortable. Only on the rarest occasions Valto wore something other than sweatpants, some t-shirt belonging in the laundry basket and a sweatshirt jacket.

Last edited:
Character Name: Nathan Teak
User Name: @Shavynel
Occupation: Tenuto University Student (junior, econ major), Gymnast
Bio: Nathan Teak's climb to the international level was a far cry from easy. His parents were martial artists, teaching classes to the community and still having to take janitorial jobs elsewhere just to keep the studio open. It was only natural that he picked up the trade, learning the forms, helping out with classes, running the books from the time he could add (they tricked him into that one, really, but he's quite good with numbers now). He entered competitions from a young age, but found it just wasn't much of a challenge. Sure, others practiced, but he lived it.

It wasn't until he was eleven, when one of his studiomates invited him to come see an exhibition at the local gym, that he really saw what gymnastics was for the first time. It was different -- bigger, flashier, more stilted, and yet more powerful. How he managed to get his parents to enroll him in a gymnastics class was quite the story. If it wasn't sold on gymnastics after that exhibition, he was certainly hooked after his first class. Physically, he made the transition easily. He made two promises to his parents then. First, no matter what, he would not give up martial arts and would still help out at the studio. After all, it was in his blood, and there was no denying that. Second, he would never be half-hearted about gymnastics. And even if they didn't understand it, he'd make them proud.

At first, his parents were discouraging. Add financing a gymnast on top of a struggling studio, and you're just asking for a world of trouble. More than once, he caught his parents up late into the night, trying to make the numbers line up. He couldn't stand watching his parents suffer through that, but he was equally unable to give up what he wanted. So in his free time, he started started doing street acts, setting up a hat and making a show of what he could do. It was intoxicating, knowing he could hold a crowd, but found that that didn't necessarily equate to money. On top of that, he took odd jobs, and would straight up lie about his age if employers asked. Anything to scrape together those last dollars to make it to his next class. That was probably what brought around his parents full support.

That, and the fact he worked hard to mesh the styles together. Even from a young age, he could see how with others, it was obvious where one move finished and the next started. Nathan hated that break, though, thought it was terrible, and would continue his energy and intention through the transition whether it was a slow ease or a fast snap, weaving in elements of his martial arts background in between the high powered tumble passes. His coaches and teammates constantly advised against it, saying it was a wasted effort. And by the books, it was. But this was for his parents, for himself, and even if they numbered few, there were those that said it was cool and edgy (not to mention he knew from his street performances what would bring in money).

After high school, well, life continued. He held down a steady job, taught classes at the studio, and continued to keep the books there. But his real focus was still on gymnastics. There, he doubled down, and landed on the international stage with a flare. Commentators loved to hype up how atypical his style was, but it wasn't like he could breathe another way. Most importantly, though, he managed to land himself in the eyes of the public. He was an underdog, young for his sport, one long dominated by Headphone, and they absolutely ate up the fact he did street acts as kid to scrounge up money (for a while, a new video seemed to pop up every week, and it'd just make him cringe with how bad he was back then).

Quickly following the publicity around his individual gold at his first big international event came an athletic scholarship from Tenuto University It wasn't a full ride, but furthering his education hadn't even crossed his radar previously. Nathan was hesitant about it. It would take his time away from the studio, and his family was already financially teetering. His parents, though, were all too encouraging. Just because martial arts was in his blood didn't mean running a studio was what his life was meant to be. He hadn't let that stop him from pursuing gymnastics, they reminded him.

And with that reminder of how he took gymnastics by storm, he accepted, becoming an econ major (money, after all, had been the constant limiting and driving factor in his life). On the surface, things were fantastic. Suddenly, he had access to a facility he didn't have to pay an eye and a tooth for (his coaching fees, though, remained), and he embraced the college life he had never even dreamed about. But between his part-time job and is full-time gymnastics life, his full-time student life is suffering. His grades are borderline, just above the cutoff for keeping his scholarship (pulled up by the A's he has in econ, but dragged down by the stupid humanities requirements), and not for lack of trying. More than once, Nathan has wondered if he ought to just give up. But if he left Tenuto, he'd still have the debt from the loans he's already taken out, and he'd no longer have access to the gymnasium.

So he grins, he bears it, and he never lets on that anything can get under his skin. He basks and thrives off publicity, so he's only too aware of the image he has to keep up. He exudes a chill confidence, like he's game for anything and the world can't beat him down. There's that undercurrent of nationalistic pride which jives well with his actual values -- community and responsibility -- and that strong-willed determination that's gotten him this far. Yet underneath, there's that constant question. He's pursued a hard track in life, but even with the support of his family and friends, what if he fails? In his heart, he's a people person, and he suffers from the idea that he might be letting the people he cares most about down. His parents don't know how bad his education is going, not to mention he hasn't kept up with martial arts (just the other day, he realized he'd forgotten a section of a form). He's often late for his part-time job from dashing across town (more often due to gymnastics than partying, but late is late). His coach is from Headphone and is starting to get on his case for 'moving too much like music' (whatever the hell that means), and that he's got to tone it down unless he's asking for an investigation -- which is ridiculous because he hasn't listened to any (yet), so he can't imagine why that'd be the case (but there's one way to find out).

Nathan is dark-skinned, with very short black hair in tight curls. He stands 5'6", short of average for a guy, but with his build and presence, it's hard to remember he's not taller. His eyes are dark in color, but hold a welcoming warmth that matches his always bright smile. Most commonly spotted with his Team Musica or Tenuto University hoodie and shorts.

Last edited:
. placeholder .
9​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
10​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
11​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
12​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
13​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
14​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
15​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
16​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
Note: Numbers are so I can count how many characters there are quickly without actually counting character sheets.​

Last edited:
grey Inactive Characters. Listed here for historical purposes.
If you are listed here, you can rejoin with the same bio if you like. Just PM me.

Character Name: Frederick Bern (Nickname Fritz)
User Name: @Obsessive Compulsive
Affiliation: Civilian aspiring to be an Electronica member. (but could be swayed)
Bio: [spoili]Fritz is a musical prodigy from the country of Headphone who moved to Musica two years back. This occurred because his father, who is a politicians, wanted to try and improve public relations between Headphone and Musica; despite it being dangerous to bring his musically gifted son to a land that hates music. He can play most if not all string instruments, the piano, and various woodwind instruments; his favorite however, is the flute.[/spoili]

Character Name: Olympia Brannon
User Name: @Katrina Iceheart
Affiliation: Civilian possibly seeking NuMetal membership
Bio: [spoili]Olympia was born in Headphone, but before she was five years old her parents disappeared and she was sent to live with her aunt and uncle in Musica. Since she was younger than five she has a tie. Olympia does not remember much from her days in Headphone, and didn't make too many acquaintances growing up in Musica. Her sour aunt barely cared for the child while she grew up, only making sure she had what she really needed, since she never intended on caring for a child. Her uncle however would give Olympia small but meaningful trinkets and treats when he could. "Don't spoil the child, she will rot from the inside out if you give her anything else" the aunt would always threaten her husband. But the uncle never really did listen.
Olympia had a talent for being fairly creative and always enjoyed drawing (even if it got her into trouble every once in a while). She showed pictures to her uncle who would take time to admire her works. Her aunt however was not impressed by her niece's talents for the longest time. In school, Olympia was considered well-behaved and smart, a "well-rounded student" her teacher once said. She took an interest in architecture and drafting, since it took her talents and mixed them.
Her aunt decided to exploit her talents. She sent Olympia to the outskirts of Musica's capital, to a school specific for architects. It was great for the young girl at first, but she quickly found she wasn't well suited to the school. But her aunt guilt tripped her into staying. A few months into the school, Olympia's uncle died and she was sent a letter from her aunt forbidding her return, but when she got a proper job she was to repay her aunt every last cent she paid for school and the small house Olympia stayed in. Because of course, with the education Olympia has, she "HAS to get a good job". The stress of the school and her aunt breathing down her neck for payments quickly worked on her head.
One day, while spacing out by her window (it often replaced sleeping hours), Olympia heard a shrill noise that about split her head as her tie painfully vibrated. She held her head in pain but suppressed her cries. She managed to look out her window, where in the distance she saw a group of people who many civilians would consider to be hooligans and trouble makers. Olympia had a slight respect for rebellious people, as she always wanted to be rebellious but was always too timid to face the consequences. The group seemed to be enjoying the sounds they created... or were they being played? Olympia couldnt tell because of the ringing tie. But the people looked happy doing something everyone knew was wrong. She decided to let the group be and head to her bed and place a pillow over her ears.
That night she thought, "is it possible that there is a sound that can make me happy?" Right before falling asleep

Olympia is a usually quiet character, who is curious but accepting to many concepts outside of her own bubble. Her ability to handle pressure depends on the situation. She cannot take social pressure, but she can work fairly well in an emergency situation that requires action. She does not like letting the people she trusts down. She is usually adaptable to the situation, and doesn't like keeping set plans. (She would be considered an infp, and her enneatypes would be 4, 5, and 9)

Her appearance would be akin to that of dogkeeper from no. 6, but a little more clean and girly
dogkeeper no.6 - Bing images[/spoili]

Last edited:
Table of Contents
* = Required reading
1. Sticky Table of Contents <- You are here
2. Introduction and Lore*
Introduction to the story, RP, and details on how to use this thread​
3. General Roleplay Rules*
4. Character Creation Rules*
Rules specific to certain character types​
5. The GM's Responsibilities
6. How to Join*
The character profile sheet you should use and how to submit it​
7. Headphone Jack Extended Information
Extended lore, affiliation information, and help with character creation. Has its own Table of Contents.
Reading this is not required to join.​
8. Civilian Character Profiles (Page 2)
List of current civilian character sheets​
9. Clef Character Profiles (Page 3)
List of current Clef character sheets​
10. Electronica Character Profiles (Page 4)
List of current Elec character sheets​
11. NuMetal Character Profiles (Page 5)
List of current Nu character sheets​
12. OOC Chat
The last page of this thread​

[btn=modb|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/ic-headphone-jack.155016/|self]IC Thread[/btn] [btn=modb|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/headphone-jack-player-driven-wiki.157944/|self]Player-Driven Wiki[/btn]​

Last edited: