Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:

[b]Character Name:[/b] Gareth James Taylor
[b]User Name:[/b] @Vernyx
[b]Age:[/b] 22
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Affiliation:[/b] Civilian Seeking NuMetal
[b]Occupation:[/b] Watchmaker
[b]Bio:[/b] Gareth learned very quickly to hate the Clefs. Born in Musica, Gareth lived with his father for 10 years before his father was arrested and executed for playing music in a secluded bar somewhere. He had lived off the streets for most of his life, making money by repairing the weapons of local criminals. Gareth still managed to complete high school, despite his living conditions, and saved up to go to college. His skills with repairing things led him to a career in watchmaking. He has gotten used to the dull headache that the ticking of the clocks has given him. He now owns a quaint shop, "What Makes It Tick," and makes a clean profit. Despite this, Gareth feels regret and is desperate for revenge against the Clefs.

Gareth is a tired man. The light bags under his eyes and cowlick at the back of his head have made a permanent residence with him. He is almost always smiling, his cheerful mood never failing to satisfy a customer. Gareth is tidy when it comes to money. He always knows how to make ends meet. He is a well-dressed man, typically seen in a black leather vest and a white tux shirt with the sleeves rolled up past his forearms, along with sleek black pants and shiny black shoes. Gareth is optimistic in even the bleakest of circumstances.

Gareth has dark brown hair that is shaved on the sides and back, and is short on the top. The top is slicked back a bit, except for the small tuft of hair that sticks up toward the back. Gareth usually keeps his head covered with a black cabby hat. His beard is well-kept, trimmed but not shaven. His glistening brown eyes are warm and welcoming. He is rather skinny, neither muscle nor fat noticeable on him. His fingers are long and think, perfect for working with small objects.

• Love
Reactions: Vars
@Vernyx

Love it! Hope to see Gareth's intro post soon! =]

OMG! I'm still here!

I've been having major computer problems - so bad that I was losing files and it was blocking me from logging in online or uninstalling/downloading programs. It's crazy, but I believe whatever virus I had is off - might be another one on there that slows me down online.

So, I'm going to work on my postings before something else happens to my computer. I'm so sorry for the delay, but it's all coming to an end soon and I'll be on more often. YEA!

Reactions: Vardoger
Ah, sorry, right now its kinds like the exam period to me so I haven't been able to post. Though I will try to get a post up before this weekend.

Just wanted to ask at what time is your convo with the barista? Is it still on monday or the following morning? Cuz if it's still monday then I couldn't really post much to not mess up your char's timeline.

@Giltine13

Well Mark was on Tuesday and @Lost-and-Bewildered was still on monday even though he talked to Mark. I just let it slide to move along the rp even though it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I'm still working on my postings - almost done with Silas. Will have Lisa up soon as well, and Bernadette will come later.

Edit: Alright, Silas is in. Working on LiLi - hopefully she'll be up tonight as well. Slow at work tonight, so I'm getting a lot accomplished here. :D

Last edited:
@Phi Chisym
How long has Silas been on the force?
Do you have the new case and want to write about it or is that something I am coming up with?

6 years of service. I was considering changing his age to make his tenure there longer, but my brain doesn't want to. :P

I'm just running with what you had in your post as him being one of the best - which covers how he's moved up so fast. That, and the fact that his father is still on the Force as well. Not sure what precinct he's in, but he's a high ranking officer and maybe - if I care to do it - someone who might run for a higher office for the purpose of moving up in political standings. Not sure on that - just depends on if I care to use Silas's dad in this story or not.

I believe the idea I had was that there's a few possible leads connecting gang members on both sides to the mysterious DJ - which ones, I haven't decided yet, but definitely can be your call. This information is being filtered through various undercover officers and trusted informants around town. I believe they've noticed the few citizens chatting with suspected gang members and started to form ideas based on their activities and frequent visits to various places. There's still no clues as to where DJ is coming from or what it is, but the Chief feels it is in their best interest (and the interest of Metallica) to follow up further about the possibilities.

If you have a better idea, or a way to make this truly worthy for the Chief to place before all other files, please let me know. I just pull that idea out of my ass, and it stinks. Figured a concept like this will allow these two charries to run into gang members and get involved in the story more. Plus, it forces a conflict between Silas/his personal mission, Silas/Soren. Silas prefers to work alone in order to keep his personal mission a secret, and the former Chief and Cap allowed it cause he's been very successful as such. But with the new Chief, who might have his personal reasons for this move, Silas now has a partner he doesn't want and can't do anything about. So, this delays his plans. Either he'll attempt to do his thing - hoping to not alert Soren with his deceit, or won't do anything at all until he's alone. Just making it difficult for my charrie to succeed... He'll have to keep Soran's trust as a partner, as well as try to gain a gang member's trust so he can continue his mission.

Oh, and all the NPC's I pooped out - The Chief, Derek Lopez, Tracy Darringer, and Paylor Rivertorrex - they're active for anyone to move. I don't know if I'm going to write CS's for them, or just let them be In & Out Charries. But, if anyone needs them for dialect or an extra to kill off, be my guest. Captain Kilgore I'll be working on her CS - just for the hell of it.

@Phi Chisym
I just pull that idea out of my ass, and it stinks.
What? No it doesn't. =[

I was just asking if you had an idea because I know as GM I give off these weird vibes sometimes, like I am supposed to move everything forward, and I didn't want to do that if you had taken on the responsibility yourself.
But also, if you had an idea, then I could grow it in my next post.

Anyway, I think the DJ is a good place to go. @Giltine13 wanted to do something with it too so I'm going to have to search through a bunch of PMs to see what it was so I don't accidentally ruin other plans before I post.
(I should probably start keeping notes... I'm a terrible GM)

@Phi Chisym
I hunted around my PMs/notes on things and your idea will definitely work. I think they should go question Ryan. In fact I'll probably have Soren suggest it.

I found this in my notes:
Gang Timeline said:
5 years ago, Rye got out of prison, Nausicaa disbanded, and the Elecs and Nus were created.
6 years ago, Rye went to prison and Nausicaa was only under Rachel.
6.5ish years ago (not rigid day, but sometime before 6 years) Rye got caught and started going to court hearings and stuff, before he went to prison.
So at 7 years ago, Rye is 20 years old. Let's assume that Rye and Rae officially turned their friendgroup into a gang when they were 15/16 years old. That would be 11-12 years ago.
So, 11-12 years ago is when Nausicaa was created. I'm sure there were other gangs before then.
But for our rp, Nausicaa/Elecs/Nus are the only ones present (at least for music stuff) in O Town.

Rye and Rae grew up together, so they were always present, doing music stuff, then the Nausicaa thing just sort of happened and they gained more people.
Hope this helps?

So Silas will have gotten into the precinct RIGHT when Rye went to prison on suspicion of being a gang leader. Silas probably would've heard a lot about it. Although Rye was declared innocent not guilty later, surely some suspicions remain? If not, Soren would probably plant them anyway since he hates Rye.

I'm gonna work on my post now for you!

@Lost-and-Bewildered @Chatoyante - a post for you guys will happen after Soren's. Hopefully tonight. @Vernyx said he'd post tonight so I might wait til he's done... But really it could go either way I guess.

EDIT: I just realized Soren immediately admitting he knew who Ryan is is hella suspicious. I'll have to come up with some excuse...

@Vernyx
Could you please add
Gareth - Watchmaker Seeking NuMetal
to your posts?

Thank you.
Also I am thinking I won't be able to post til tomorrow for Rye. Apologies. Dx
@Chatoyante

What's Ryan and Michael's last name? I'm trying to finish my post and noticed that you've never given the brothers a last name.
For the case name, they usually use last names on them. So, figured to be consistent.

Just thinking out loud her - that case would of hit the precinct hard, since it connected one of their own to it - Michael. So, Silas truly would know a lot about it, mainly because it was one of his very first cases to work and it caused such a huge change within the Gang/Clef relations - what little there was.

I also wonder if this case caused Clefs to consider just how close these gang relations were within their own department. They probably didn't know that Michael had a brother who was a gang member, the leader of one none the less. So, there was probably a lot of suspension flowing around him during the time of the trial - other officers thinking that he's on his brother's side or that he was secretly helping his brother out through the precinct. Michael probably had been interrogated by the former Chief as well, to ensure he had nothing to do with Ryan's known criminal activity.

Even after the case, years later, the idea that there are possible Clef officers who are siding with the gangs, who are secretly helping them out, is still in the air... I bet you they had to make some major policy changes to protect the precinct from such possibilities - to avoid lawsuits and other negatives that occurs due to a mole in their mist. So, returning to this case is going to be a major thing within this precinct. All the gang related cases are a serious thing there, but this particular one is going to be really hard on this precinct because of how closely personal it is to them. Suspicions will return.

Okay, thoughts are dying in me now. If there's something within my thoughts that should be changed or I'm missing something, then let me know.

@Phi Chisym Michael was a lawyer at the time of Rye's case, then became a clef after being let go from his firm because of the case.
All of your thoughts could still apply though since it was in his past, but, let's talk about it more?
I tried to add you on skype a while back but you never responded to the contact request? I'm online now if you want to chat.

my username is q.bornes but the display name is Vars

edit: For last name, the super common Smith will do. I'll update the character sheets

Last edited:
Vardoger - Catch my note on Skype for my next post. I'm about to put it up now and work on Lisa/Bernadette.