Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
@PlainJoe @Shavynel @Chatoyante @Giltine13 @Halcyon

Character Name: Soren LaFey
User Name: @Vardoger
Affiliation: Ex-Electronica Clef
Bio:
Soren used to be a customs inspector on the docks. After Rachel bribed him a few times to help with jacks, he decided he wanted to be a member of the gang. Due to his job being incredibly useful, he was pardoned from the beat-in. He was a decent member for about a year, but grew increasingly obsessed with Rachel during that time.
At some point, he decided the only way to solve the Ryan "problem" was to kill him. He suggested it multiple times to Rachel, who always refused. His insistence on it eventually reached levels so unacceptable that Rachel kicked him out of the gang and found a different dock worker connection to avoid him.
Rather than turn Rae in, Soren decided to quit his CI job and become a Clef instead. Clefs had the ability to kill without being charged with murder, and this was in his primary interest.

He has kept his gang affiliation secret from his clef co-workers, but he still frequently stalks Rachel.
Appearance.

=]

• Love
Reactions: Shavynel
Well that makes things interesting. xD

Reactions: Vardoger
@Vardoger
I took a look at the wiki just now, so far it does look neat. I suppose I should make an entry for 'Pig Out' as well. Though when I was thinking about it something else came to mind. Do you know how some huge, usually capital cities are divided into subsections? I think this could work for O town very well while establishing where each character lives/works. I could make a map with all the subsections if you need someone to help out with it. But yeah, I think such a thing could be useful giving ground to the RP.

@Giltine13
Feel free to make a section on O Town and its subsections!

The library would be in the exact middle of O Town (near courts and government buildings I'd suppose), but I can't think of anything else that has a rigid location.

The only request I have is that you make music puns/callbacks for all the names xD. I did have a Linkin Park in mind at one point for instance, but never got around to making a more detailed map.

EDIT:

For Soren, I will add to the sheet later that he JUST became a clef, so is sort of a rookie right now. Then maybe he can be paired with Lawrence, who will show him the ropes? @PlainJoe

i dont have a problem with this arrangement

@Vardoger

Okay then, firstly I apologize if any of this comes off as rude, I swear I didn't mean it this way.
To be fair if the library is in the heart of O Town it should take a long ass time to get from it to the 'middle of nowhere' which I assume would be the outskirts of the O Town, somewhere at the edge of the industrial zone. There is no way it could possibly take just an hour no matter how many shortcuts you get.. Unless O Town isn't actually all that big of a city and in comparison Musica isn't that big of a country. I'd thought it would be somewhere as big as London or even bigger, since it takes up so much space in the country.

Also, I was thinking if I could possibly become a co-GM and take on the Clef side of things? Since I've been thinking quite a lot on how they work.. To be fair I do think they need some kind of structure, possibly having these subgroups and, for the lack of a better word right now, professions might attract more Clefs at it would be easier for people to come up with what their character could do/be. Though, of course this structure would only be an inside thing, the public wouldn't know a single thing about it. I turn any Clef must carry the organisations secrets to his grave, even if he leaves the profession or otherwise they would be accordingly dealt with. I guess every Clef has to make an oath or something about it when they are accepted?

@Everyone

As for the map, you're all welcome to give me ideas for what to call places as my music knowledge is a bit limited. If there are anything you would like to get in the map, have any suggestions or anything, you're welcome to say here or PM me~
I'll look into actual cities, might use London as an example, to divide the sections. I'll write down descriptions basically saying 'this is the posh area, only posh people live here'. The naming could be an open process after I know how many ares there will be and what each area is for?

No worries.
I can change it to 2 hours?

@Chatoyante are you ok with Giltine13 being the brains behind the clef organization? Not sure if it would interfere with your plans for Rye's brother

@ everyone
Gonna change the thing to 2 hours and edit my char profile for Soren so it has that rookie thing. Otherwise this week is pretty full for me; sorry if I don't reply much

EDIT:
@Nim Rye's gonna ask you to stay as soon as Leena replies. I dunno if you plan your posts ahead or not but if you do I thought I should let you know that's what my plan is

edit2:
I updated the stuff

Last edited:
@Vardoger ... I am planning on replying soon. I've been super busy this week plus the snow storm that we had the past two days. I'm sorry if I am taking to long, I promise that by Friday I'll have my post up. I need to really organize myself... Also, @Nim ... I was planning to say something to Alex to make her stay but I see that @Vardoger is going to ask you to stay so, I dont know what I'll do... XD

Oh, and I am also thinking on posting in the Wiki thread something about the place I work, the Silento Bakery. I am still brainstorming on it, but I'll have it done soon. I might make another character too, however still not sure.....

Ok, I think that is all I had to say for now. @Katrina Iceheart ... Welcome!!

Reactions: Katrina Iceheart
@Vardoger @Giltine13 No problems here. ^^

As for Rye's bro, I don't think there'd be a big issue. He's clef, but I was thinking of putting him as county detective for whatever the county is called that includes O-Town, I guess? So, it's not like he's actively working to uphold the whole Mute Movement stuff, but obviously he has a vested interest if/when it does come up because of his history. He's not part of the undercover operations or other special forces like SFZ, though, so I dunno how much he'd have any idea about them or who is in them. I'd guess he'd be unlikely to recognize Aren or Amara as anything except civilians due to their undercover nature (unless he gets involved in their projects?), and he might recognize Lawrence (while not being in on his SFZ ties), Soren, and Marjorie?

@Vardoger @CaribbeanGirl I ended my post in that manner on purpose, to see if either one will try to get her to stay. Glad to see she is wanted.

Edit: @Vardoger , while I do try to plan what my characters will do in certain situations, that doesn't mean I become fixated on having them do what I initially planned. I mean, one of life's greatest gifts and worse enemies is how everything can affect our plans in unexpected manner.

Last edited:
@Giltine13 ok then you can gm

@CaribbeanGirl yep I'm dealing with the same stuff. Super busy this week and next and snow storm put a huge wrench in it. Was around tuesday because I was snowed in but then wednesday I spent half the day shoveling snow so we could continue to work again.

just bought a house and trying to make it liveable. my parents came up from the south to help so need to get most of the work done while they're here.

but good god I think I shoveled like a mile's worth of snow. 2ft off the car, 3ft from driveway, roof, and misc pathways. definitely getting a snow blower whenever they go on sale. spring or summer probably.

@Vardoger YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE?! :O GRATS. I'm sorry for your snow....

@Every one
I put down the basic bones for the map and descriptions, though nothing is set in stone! I would really appreciate if you could look through it. If you get any ideas throw them my way, believe something should ne changed - just say so.

I'm also looking for suggestions for the neighborhood names, so you're welcome to share your thoughts on that, too. After I have all the names, I will edit them to the map. (Also to see a bigger version of it, just right click on the map and the open it in a new tab)

I also thought about adding a beach area, though I'm not sure what kind of shore Musica has.. It could serve as a tourist attraction, but again, I'm not sure how many there are of those XD

Anyhoo, I hope you like this new addition to the Headphone Jack's world!

• Love
Reactions: Vars
Hey folks, first of all sorry my posts are so short, just struggling with thinking of things to write, trying to slowly introduce interactions with other characters so that I'll have more to say! I love the wiki, the map of O Town is awesome I can tell you put a lot of hard work into that @Giltine13 , and I'm working on a description of the floor plan and exterior of the Mean Bean, although I'm not sure where it should be geographically speaking? @Shavynel your post sort of hints that it should be relatively close to Nadia's offices and the library... This is really going to have to be a team effort to organise it so our travel times and descriptions make sense methinks :P

@Giltine13 Like. Wow!

@Lost-and-Bewildered Based on that map, I expect that Nadia works in 1 or 2. Probably lives in one of those neighborhoods (but in a really tiny, shitty place). I feel like cafes could be literally annnywhere. XD

I kind of also thought of her office as "within busing distance of the library", both of which are within busing distance of her home. Given your earlier post, Mean Bean's within biking distance of the library. So, probably maybe closest to the office, and a less close distance to the library?

(Figure out a spatial reasoning puzzle? I am ON that!)

@Giltine13
Possible names:
estrada
penick
underwood
miller
parker angel
kahoano
pearlman
(last names of O Town band members lol)

or:
backstreet
hanson
nsync
lfo
monkees
b2k
five
dream street
menudo
westlife
blue
BBMak
Bell Biv DeVoe
(all boy bands lol)

And instead of neighborhoods, I was thinking we could call them "chords" ? Which is similar to counties but is also a music pun.
Up to you of course.
Love the map =]

We definitely need a street called "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" ^__^ Wouldn't you agree, @CaribbeanGirl?

@Vardoger @Giltine13 I like the name Chords for neighborhoods. There's a bunch of names for Chords, too, so here's another suggestion (source: Wikipedia)?

1 - Tonic Chord
2 - Dream Chord
3 - Magic Chord
4 - Mystic Chord
5 - Power Chord
6 - Seventh Chord
7 - Ninth Chord
8 - Eleventh Chord
9 - Thirteenth Chord (Upper/Middle/Lower as Major/Dominant/Minor or Major/Augmented Major (shorthanded as Augmented)/Minor)
10 - Viennese Trichord

I really couldn't help myself naming the district that supplies electricity the Power Chord ... even though it's not really a real chord ....

We definitely need a street called "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" ^__^ Wouldn't you agree, @CaribbeanGirl?

@Vardoger @Giltine13 I like the name Chords for neighborhoods. There's a bunch of names for Chords, too, so here's another suggestion (source: Wikipedia)?

1 - Tonic Chord
2 - Dream Chord
3 - Magic Chord
4 - Mystic Chord
5 - Power Chord
6 - Seventh Chord
7 - Ninth Chord
8 - Eleventh Chord
9 - Thirteenth Chord (Upper/Middle/Lower as Major/Dominant/Minor or Major/Augmented Major (shorthanded as Augmented)/Minor)
10 - Viennese Trichord

I really couldn't help myself naming the district that supplies electricity the Power Chord ... even though it's not really a real chord ....
You are so right and that street should be on the neighborhood called Dream Chord... :D

@Vardoger
I changed the neighborhoods into chords and used @Shavynel 's idea for the names, though I switched them around a bit. I hope that's alright.. I also added the boulevard and expanded on some descriptions, however its still far from finished. Added an airport, too!

I'm also absolutely smitten with the positive feedback and I'm really sorry for the inactivity. I hope the whole map thing will encourage people to do their own entries in the wiki, decide where their own characters live and help build up the world!
If you want any other place, like the boulevard, to be added, just tell me so and I'll see what I can do!