Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
NuMetal Character Profiles

Last edited:
Character Name: Ryan Smith (Goes by "Rye" )
Username: @Vardoger
Affiliation: NuMetal Leader
Bio: Ryan was once the co-founder of a gang named Nausicaa, which helped Musicians hear and love music. However, something happened that's been kept under wraps between him and the Elec leader, forcing them to split and make rival gangs approximately five years a go. Since then, the pure intentions are still there but not as evident as the war between them and the search for The DJ.

Rye can be rather laid back when it comes to leading, and considers all his Nus very close family. However, he's very touchy on some subjects, and has a terrible anger problem surrounding them. It is rumored that his older brother is a Clef, but any mention of it or Nausicaa can make him violent quickly.
He generally delegates gang tasks to others, but during jacks, is extremely uptight and militaristic in his commands. He expects his members to follow him without question.

Rye has dirty blonde hair that's short in front but goes down at an angle toward his shoulders in the back. He wears biking gloves, black or blue jeans and either a white t-shirt or a wifebeater with a black open jacket over it. He plans jacks, but rarely deals. Ryan mostly tries to gather information about where the DJ may be, what territory he may be able to gain from the Elecs easily, and watches over initiations as well as help preform Tempo Changes and first-aid.

He can tune guitars, but otherwise seems to only listen to music through noise-proof headphones at very low volume, and doesn't seem to ever hum or sing along. While this seems peculiar, his love for music is still clearly visible by anyone he comes into contact with. His day job is a librarian at Musica Central. Image.

Last edited:
Character Name: Lucius Devon
User Name: @The Tragedy
Affiliation: NuMetal member
Bio: Lucius was raised like any normal child in Musica, his eyes remained blurred from the true horror of his home for the first years of his life. It wasn't till the day he saw a Clef dragging off a gang member did the rose tinted glasses begin to break. He got curious, and many know what affect that has on cats. One day leaving his job in a DIY store he heard the hushed whispers speaking of NuMetal, the gang which wanted to spread music to all, he wondered why, the minuscule number of interactions he'd had with music had led to pain. He ended up following the voices and a few days later found himself joining the gang, where his loyalties now lie.
In his gang life he does various odd jobs assigned to him, willing to be a jack of all trades so to speak if the situation arises where he is needed.
Lucius has rugged black hair and brown eyes, his clothing isn't very diverse outside of his working uniform he'd normally wear jeans and t shirt unless the occasion demands for him to wear something formal.
Appearance

Last edited:
. placeholder .
3​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
4​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
5​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
6​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
7​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
8​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
9​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
10​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
11​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
12​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
13​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
14​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
15​

Last edited:
. placeholder .
16​

Last edited:
. placeholder .

Note: Numbers are so I can count characters quickly without actually counting character sheets.​

Last edited:
grey Inactive Characters. Kept for historical purposes.
If you are listed here, you can rejoin with the same bio if you like. Just PM me.

Character Name: Akira or Ki
User Name: @djinnamon
Affiliation: Ex-Nausicaa NuMetal
Bio: [spoili]Akira was born in Headphone , living there for 6 years before moving to Musica with his Mother and baby sister. Akira's parents were both very successful musicans , his mother also being a dancer. Because of his mother , he gained a love for dancing and music. His early life was very happy however at the age of 6 his mother was killed in an armed robbery at a bank the family of four were at. Traumatized and in pain, Akira's father pack the family up and moved to Musica , a place where there won't be any music that would remind the family of thier lost loved one.

Akira had a hard time adjusting to his new environment and school the ban on music only made it harder for him until he eventually began resenting his father who had fallen into depression and got addicted to drugs. Eventually he met Rye and Rae before being involved in the creation of Nausicaa. While Rye was in prison Akira turned most of his attention on moving out of his father's home , taking his sister with him and when Rye was released he became one of the first members of Numetal.

Akira is none to be sarcastic and snarky to most people , putting up a aura of aloofness around himself. Despite not being noticeable to people who haven't known him long enough he is very caring towards the gangmember s of Numetal , being known to try and stop Rye from punishing the gangmembers too brutally if he feels their actions don't warrant it and also helps/takes care of the younger gang members even going as far as offering them the chance to stay at his house for a while if need be. He is ferociously protective of the gang members and his sister , being known to fly into a rage if he finds out that anything bad has happened to them.

Akira is known for being extremely pretty and attractive as well as stylish. He usually wears clothes that complement his best features such as his toned stomach or his legs.
Image.[/spoili]

Character Name: Leena Marie Revir or Little River
Username: @CaribbeanGirl
Affiliation: New NuMetal Member
Bio: [spoili]Born and raised in Musica, Leena was tought what all the other children raise in the country. Music was bad, painful, something not even worthy of conversation, curiosity or exploring. A normal upbringing, a very sweet home.

A caring mother, a hard-working father and an amazing, protective older brother. In other words a perfect chidhood. So, what in the world would have made her be interested in joining a gang? Well, revenge of course.

"Promise me you would not be controlled or manipulated by them. Promise me that you will find the truth and make your own decision based on what you find. But above everything, promise that you will never doubt my trust and love for you. I love you baby sister, my Little River."

Those were Leena's brother parting words before the Clefs took him for having affilations with a gang. She was eight years old when that happened, but she still remembers it like it was yesterday. They found him guilty on his trial and when her parents told her that their oldest son was not coming back, she knew what it meant righ away. She might have been young but she was not dumb, on the contrary, she was smarter than mosts kids her age. So, she figured that her brother was killed, murdered; and they had the audacity to call it justice.

After that incident, Leena started to get more curious about this so called Music, and the gangs involved with it. She wasn't complete out of the dark since her brother would often talk to her about things that he would do with his friends and their group. He would called them Nausicaa. It was all wierd to her since she was young and most of the things tht he talked about was strange for a girl her age, but she was always close to her brother and she held great respect and admiration towards him. So, Leena never questioned him or tattletaled on him to their parents. She was esthatic that her brother would share those things with her, it was their little secret.

On occassions it was painful to her, because he would sometimes bring a funny looking thing that he called an ukalele or guitar and would play it when it was just the two of them home. She would cry and cover her ears most of the time, but she quickly started to get familiar with it and even had some lessons with her brother, were he would teach her some tunes and she would copy it. All in all, it was fun. That is why she never understood that anger towards it, the fear, the judgement. For her it was a way for her and her brother to bond, to grow together, to be friends and become inseparable.

That is why she hated the actual government and why she wanted so much to help other learn about music. She wanted the people to learn that music is something used to form bonds, friendships, to communicate, much like speech. That is not something to fear or hate and it could be something that could help them grow as a country and nation. Music brings people together and makes them unite.

Now, nineteen years old and working as a intern baker at the Silento Bakery, she couldn't look more normal if she ever wanted to, but that was her goal. To drive any attention from suspecting people away from her person. More know that she has information on who to look for to join NuMetal. Even after all the rumors about gang initiations and the process, she still wanted to fulfill her promise and look for the truth; and being in a bakery doing sweets and breads all the time will not help her acomplish that.

"Here I come TRUTH! Don't hide from me; because I gave my word to find you and I am not about to back down or give up on that. For me, for the people and specially, for Neo... I'll never forget your words and I'll never forget my promise, big brother."

Hair Color and Body Physique
Face and Eye Color[/spoili]

Character name: Amara Braddock
Username: @InnocentThorns
Affiliation: NuMetal Clef
Occupation: Undercover Clef, but tells people she is a live-in nanny to account for being at a nice residence much of the time.
Bio: [spoili]Amara was born in Musica and grew up there with the firm ideal that music was horrible. Her father was a Clef, and as such, she followed in his footsteps, becoming a clef and helping fight music crime. While she was mostly a desk jockey, doing paperwork, not much out on the streets, her gentle personality and unassuming nature made her a candidate for the idea of getting a clef into one of the gangs, feeling she would not be suspected of being law enforcement.

She was approached to find one of the gangs and get into it, which she did, and has been part of NuMetal for two years. It was shortly after her initiation that she first heard music, when her Tie was removed, and that changed Amara's perspective on everything. Music so beautiful that it brought her to tears, music that could make her feel things she was certain she had never felt before.

It was shortly after she began hearing music that Amara began feeding the Clefs incorrect information. She promised herself at first it was just to have more time to experience the music, to see what it could make her feel. Then she began caring about the people who she was investigating. Finding the true spirit of what they were doing, she could no longer deny that she had become sympathetic toward the plight of the gangs. Amara then decided that she would continue giving only half information.

Now she balances between being discovered on both sides. Both with her contacts in the world of law enforcement, and in the world of music that she loves so dear. Since she joined with NuMetal, she has become adept in the glass flute, and in singing, and has to be very careful to not sing while she is away from the gang members, even at home. She suspects her home has been bugged.

Appearance.[/spoili]

Character Name: Alex "Lexii" Vox
User Name: @Nim
Affiliation: Ex-Nausicaa NuMetal
Bio: [spoili]Alex is a rather easy going person, who always likes telling people whats on her mind rather than keep it to herself, believing keeping things is one the worse things a person can do. Much like Rye, she considers the gang to be her family, and she always tries to make sure others see it that way too, rather than just a gig to get money or a way of overthrowing the government. When it comes to performing any jobs, she will do them the best way she could, but still with a smile as she always enjoys the thought of spreading music to others.

Her history prior to joining Nausicaa was mostly average. She had parents who cared for her and grew up feeling that something was missing from her life. For many years she heard about how music was bad for them, but couldn't understand why. At the age of 16 she decided to start investigating on her own, and eventually found out about Nausicaa. She managed to get through the initiation they had back then, and worked with them for a year before the split occured. When Rye got out of his detention, Lexii chose to go with him, believing the music should be shared with the country, and there was no need for any price tag.

During her year in Nausicaa, she got herself a Saxophone and a Drum kit, and over the years learned how to play both. Both instruments are kept in a secure closet she has in the NuMetal HQ, as she knows getting a hold of new tools would be extremely hard, now that Electronica took over the market of Instruments.

Lexii's appearance is rather outgoing, as her eyes as very bright brown, with some people claiming they are even orange. Her hair is dark brown, but towards the tips it becomes brighter until it matches her eye colour, and the hair's length is up to her neck. She also has a scar going across the back of her head from an accident she experienced when she was little.

Whenever Lexii is at the HQ, or dealing with anything on behalf of the gang, she appears like this:
Lexii's appearance

On any other time, she wears average clothes, being blue tops, sometimes with little slogans, dark grey/black jeans and a pair of black shoes.[/spoili]

Last edited:
Table of Contents
* = Required reading
1. Sticky Table of Contents <- You are here
2. Introduction and Lore*
Introduction to the story, RP, and details on how to use this thread​
3. General Roleplay Rules*
4. Character Creation Rules*
Rules specific to certain character types​
5. The GM's Responsibilities
6. How to Join*
The character profile sheet you should use and how to submit it​
7. Headphone Jack Extended Information
Extended lore, affiliation information, and help with character creation. Has its own Table of Contents.
Reading this is not required to join.​
8. Civilian Character Profiles (Page 2)
List of current civilian character sheets​
9. Clef Character Profiles (Page 3)
List of current Clef character sheets​
10. Electronica Character Profiles (Page 4)
List of current Elec character sheets​
11. NuMetal Character Profiles (Page 5)
List of current Nu character sheets​
12. OOC Chat
The last page of this thread​

[btn=modb|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/ic-headphone-jack.155016/|self]IC Thread[/btn] [btn=modb|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/headphone-jack-player-driven-wiki.157944/|self]Player-Driven Wiki[/btn]​

Last edited: