Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
At this point, anything would help, Rae's probably getting blood everywhere. Maybe she'll have to grab some books with those tissue thin pages. Or a tampon, I hear those work well. ...poor Rae. *snort*

Wanna know what I'm hanging onto? I'm just wondering how Fritz's insinuation about "certain authorities" needing to be called is gonna pan out, he's ballsier than I originally gave him credit for, @Obsessive Compulsive

And there Ryan goes, shirking off his duties as a responsible gang leader. Typical Rye.

edit: I just want to make it clear that security would be private security for the library specifically, and not clefs.
edit2: And that all characters at the library would probably know that as well
edit3: it's a huge library.

Character Name: Leena Marie Revir or Little River
Username: @CaribbeanGirl
Affiliation: Civilian seeking NuMetal
Bio: Born and raised in Musica, Leena was tought what all the other children raise in the country. Music was bad, painful, something not even worthy of conversation, curiosity or exploring. A normal upbringing, a very sweet home.

A caring mother, a hard-working father and an amazing, protective older brother. In other words a perfect chidhood. So, what in the world would have made her be interested in joining a gang? Well, revenge of course.

"Promise me you would not be controlled or manipulated by them. Promise me that you will find the truth and make your own decision based on what you find. But above everything, promise that you will never doubt my trust and love for you. I love you baby sister, my Little River."

Those were Leena's brother parting words before the Clefs took him for having affilations with a gang. She was eight years old when that happened, but she still remembers it like it was yesterday. They found him guilty on his trial and when her parents told her that their oldest son was not coming back, she knew what it meant righ away. She might have been young but she was not dumb, on the contrary, she was smarter than mosts kids her age. So, she figured that her brother was killed, murdered; and they had the audacity to call it justice.

After that incident, Leena started to get more curious about this so called Music, and the gangs involved with it. She wasn't complete out of the dark since her brother would often talk to her about things that he would do with his friends and their group. He would called them Nausicaa. It was all wierd to her since she was young and most of the things tht he talked about was strange for a girl her age, but she was always close to her brother and she held great respect and admiration towards him. So, Leena never questioned him or tattletaled on him to their parents. She was esthatic that her brother would share those things with her, it was their little secret.

On occassions it was painful to her, because he would sometimes bring a funny looking thing that he called an ukalele or guitar and would play it when it was just the two of them home. She would cry and cover her ears most of the time, but she quickly started to get familiar with it and even had some lessons with her brother, were he would teach her some tunes and she would copy it. All in all, it was fun. That is why she never understood that anger towards it, the fear, the judgement. For her it was a way for her and her brother to bond, to grow together, to be friends and become inseparable.

That is why she hated the actual government and why she wanted so much to help other learn about music. She wanted the people to learn that music is something used to form bonds, friendships, to communicate, much like speech. That is not something to fear or hate and it could be something that could help them grow as a country and nation. Music brings people together and makes them unite.

Now, nineteen years old and working as a intern baker at the Silento Bakery, she couldn't look more normal if she ever wanted to, but that was her goal. To drive any attention from suspecting people away from her person. More know that she has information on who to look for to join NuMetal. Even after all the rumors about gang initiations and the processes involved, she still wanted to fulfill her promise and look for the truth; and being in a bakery doing sweets and breads all the time will not help her acomplish that.

"Here I come TRUTH! Don't hide from me; because I gave my word to find you and I am not about to back down or give up on that. For me, for the people and specially, for Neo... I'll never forget your words and I'll never forget my promise, big brother."

Hair Color and Body Physique
Face and Eye Color

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vardoger
@CaribbeanGirl Hey it looks like a great character, but NuMetal was formed only 5 years ago! Her brother would've been in Nausicaa.

Let me know when you finish up your sheet though, it looks great so far besides that one thing. =)

Reactions: CaribbeanGirl
@CaribbeanGirl Hey it looks like a great character, but NuMetal was formed only 5 years ago! Her brother would've been in Nausicaa.

Let me know when you finish up your sheet though, it looks great so far besides that one thing. =)
You are so right, that is what I meant to write in there....sorry I'll fix it.

@CaribbeanGirl you're in, post whenever =)

Edit: Maybe you can play with some of the clefs or @BlueFlameNikku ? They haven't posted yet.

It is pretty late for me, so I am headed to bed for now. Welcome to Headphone Jack! <3

EDIT2:
So many edits by me. Hope you see this.

Would you object to making a character sheet for Leena's brother? I know it seems sort of counter-intuitive since he's dead, but it'd help the ex-Nausicaa members that are currently living figure out how they would have remembered/interacted with him.

Optional, of course, but if you do it I can add him in somewhere and he becomes part of the lore.
His affiliation can be Nausicaa and you can leave the occupation blank if you want.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
@CaribbeanGirl you're in, post whenever =)

Edit: Maybe you can play with some of the clefs or @BlueFlameNikku ? They haven't posted yet.

It is pretty late for me, so I am headed to bed for now. Welcome to Headphone Jack! <3

EDIT2:
So many edits by me. Hope you see this.

Would you object to making a character sheet for Leena's brother? I know it seems sort of counter-intuitive since he's dead, but it'd help the ex-Nausicaa members that are currently living figure out how they would have remembered/interacted with him.

Optional, of course, but if you do it I can add him in somewhere and he becomes part of the lore.
His affiliation can be Nausicaa and you can leave the occupation blank if you want.
Thank you! ;D

I will post my first post in a few but after I am tucking in for the night too. I work tomorrow but as soon as I get out I'll work on the CS for Leena's brother. It would be kind of cool to have a legendary brother. xD

I added a tab for deceased characters in character creation rules.
I was always cool with submitting dead character sheets but I never made it official so... Now it is, I guess.

Also added some stuff to the 'how to join' post, but it's not important for people who are already in the rp.

I'm pretty lenient usually, so if anyone is out there brainstorming some weird super out-of-the-box thing, feel free to shoot it by me.

Would Lawrence have knowledge of Amara's allegiances with Clef, or is she that deep undercover?

@PlainJoe You did fine!

Wow this RP is getting pretty heated right at the start! =]

Apologies for my further delay in response, was caught off guard with several things plus lack of general motivation, but I already know what I'm gonna write for my next post, so you should see it up soon!

But in the meanwhile, @CaribbeanGirl, why use black color for your post, whyyyyy, I thought you made an invisible post on my Midnight style x.x

DECEASED Character

tumblr_nlm7d5Tivf1s00573o1_500.jpg

Character Name: Nathaniel "Neo" Revir
User Name: @CaribbeanGirl
Affiliation: Ex-Nausicaa Member | Deceased
Bio: Nathaniel didn't have the same, happy childhood Leena had. He grew up an only child and always felt lonely. His parents did not always had time to be with him due to their hectic work schedules. He was no stranger to different babysitters coming and going to his house each week. Though, sometimes he just wished that his parents paid more attention to him, than work.

In school he was bullied most of the time, the reason being that Neo was not born in Musica. His family was originally from Headphone but, due to financial problems his father decided to move over to Musica. Being a toddler at the time, Neo barely remembered what Music was, yet he knew something was missing from his life. And soon, that curiosity started to consume him, so he started to researched anything that had to do with Music.

After some investigation and tired of feeling lonely, Neo met some interesting people who shared his curiosity and passion for music. This group of people called themselves Nausicaa and they quickly accepted Neo into their "family". Ryan, Rachel, Alex, Akira, Nadia; this were the people that accepted him and made him feel welcomed and loved, even more than his own family.

However, after a couple of months of joining the group, his parents gave him some shocking news; they were having another child. His mother had left her job and was committing herself to being a house mom for this new baby. This made Nathaniel upset and at first started to resent the new addition to the family.

He started to get jealous of all the attention the unborn baby was getting, when he did not get any when he was young. However, when the baby was born it was love at first sight for Neo. Once he held the little bundle in his arm, he could not bring himself to hate it; on the contrary, he promised himself and the little baby girl, that he would always be there for her, no matter what.

His parents, seeing how much he cared for the baby, told him that he could name her as an apology for not being there for him most of the time. And that is how, that little bundle of joy, became Leena Marie Revir; his Little River.

As time passed and Leena grew, Neo started to teach her about music and playing the guitar. He wanted her to see that music was not bad, and all the things that they taught her in school were lies. He told her it was to be their secret, but that one day she would be able to share it with the world.

At first he knew it was painful for her, many times Leena left his room crying or would cover her ears and shake her head, yet he was confident in her strength. He knew that with time, she would grow used to the pain and would start to enjoy the feeling of her fingers strumming the strings of the guitar or the ukalele. And even though, she could not hear the sounds they made together properly, he had faith that one day she would be able to hear their music freely.

But, like most good things, their happy time together did not last much. After a couple of rough disagreements between some of his friends, Nausicaa was disbanded and his friend Ryan went to jail. Neo was caught dealing some of his media to an undercover Clef.

Soon, the Clefs were at his house confiscating all of his music related things. When they collected all the evidence that proved his affiliation with illegal contraband of musical objects, Neo was taken and sentenced to death. All in the name of justice and the law, making him an example of what could happened to anyone that wished to not obey or conformed themselves with the current government and laws.

giphy.gif

EDIT: 1. Still needs a bit of work, but I think is good for now.
2. I'll put his relation to the other Nausicaa members, SOON.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for my further delay in response, was caught off guard with several things plus lack of general motivation, but I already know what I'm gonna write for my next post, so you should see it up soon!

But in the meanwhile, @CaribbeanGirl, why use black color for your post, whyyyyy, I thought you made an invisible post on my Midnight style x.x
I'm sorry!!! I have the Sunrise style, so my page is all white. So, my default color is black. :(

@CaribbeanGirl This is why I don't use the rich text editor. XD
You copy and paste stuff into it, and it adds so much extra crap. Px

edit: as for Neo, don't think of him as a dead guy at first. Just create the character. He would know Rye, Rachel, and probably Nadia and Alex. (All the ex-nausicaa members). How long was he in the gang? did he do anything important in the gang?
Then you just detail how he died.

Last edited:
Well, to be honest I kept looking for what the rich text editor was, and i figured it out just now. Like right this instant. xD

Also, I working on my tablet/computer and is harder. xD

As for Neo, I found this and I just pictured him telling Leena this exact words...
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Vars
Maybe he and Rye played guitar together?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person