HaydenLavisky and Devilcake

Hannes listened to Jayken speak, his smile almost turning back into a natural one until the subject suddenly got a little darker, at which the frown came back. Now for Jaykens sake rather than his own.
Jayken had real problems to deal with Hannes realised, there was no point in Hannes getting upset over words that weren't supposed to mean anything, compared to Jayken actually having people treat him badly-

He couldn't for anything in the world see what would posses someone to intentionally make fun of and even threaten to harm Jayken. Obviously, Hannes didn't know him all that well yet, but from knowing him one day he knew he was nice and didn't even speak all that much so the idea of anyone finding a reason to want to bully him sounded so weird to Hannes. But then again, no one ever claimed there had to be a good reasoning for bullying to occur, it was probably the opposite in most cases.

"Why would someone threaten you?" Hannes mumbled, not really sure how to respond in the best way, he didn't know if it was a sensitive subject, if it happened long ago or fairly recently, so he tried to tread lightly.

Jayken rubbed at his arm, letting out a soft sigh. "It's my fault, really. He said he was bisexual, and someone dared me to kiss him. Afterwards, I said I liked it, so he turned into a full homophobe." He said, shaking his head slightly to get the image out of his head. "Ever since then, it was two years of torture. My parents nearly found out, but I had a girlfriend at the time." He said with a slight frown. "They figured it was just some lie once I told them, but it still didn't stop anything."

He shook his head quickly again, letting out a sigh. "Let's just stop talking about it. We're supposed to be having fun." He said, looking up at Hannes as he tried to forget the pain that he had felt and endured during that time.

While Hannes certainly didn't mind living in the bubble of comfort his town was it often made him forget that in a lot of places he wouldn't be able to be as out and proud as he was and hearing Jaykens retelling of what he'd gone through made him remember it, and almost feel a little sick that someone would to that to his new friend for something they had in common.

He would have told Jayken his opinion on the matter, which was that the guy was a huge asshole, but since he didn't want to talk about it Hannes most certainly wouldn't force him, he wished he would know how to comfort the other without it being too weird.
"It's cool dude, I don't mind you venting if you want" he gave Jayken's arm a slightly playful bump and then nodded towards the lake in front of them, "but yeah, fun beach day ahead"

The word beach was used pretty loosely, seeing as there mostly was grass up until just a couple of meters from to water, where the grass faded over into the sand. There were already a lot of campers hanging out at the beach, which wasn't at all surprising. Hannes made a quick scan of the area only to see Emma and Mike sitting to the side in the shade of a tree.

It was always fun to see the two together, because they really were quite the opposite from each other, Emma chubby with messy hair and Mike well trained with a lot of thought put into his appearance even though it would be ruined by going in the water.
Hannes always found that that was part of what was fun with camp, all these different people who wouldn't talk otherwise ended up being friends.

He gave the pair a wave and walked up to them, sitting down with a hello and getting
"Yes, more cute boys, sit here with me and make me look cool" Emma joked rather than actually saying hello, Hannes just laughed while Mike muttered something about her never looking cool.

Jayken was grateful for both Hannes letting the subject go and comforting him just a bit. He didn't like talking about himself very much, so when he did, he was glad that the older listened and then backed off when he didn't want to anymore. He was starting to really appreciate Hannes for being his friend.

Upon arriving at the beach, he looked around with a smile, seeing the water and wanting to just jump right in. He followed Hannes to Emma and Mike, though, greeting them politely. Hearing Emma's comment, he laughed, genuinely. "I wouldn't know how popular it would make you, but I'd help in any way that I can." He said as he sat onto the shady grass.

"aww you're soo sweet, I like you Jayken, you're way nicer than these two assholes," she gestured to both Mike and Hannes and Mike flipped her off, "You'll totally be of help with my master plan"

Hannes rolled his eyes, but let her continue on with her joke, slightly interested in what she would say next.

"see now I have I have someone to make every girl here want to be me," she said matter of factly, "Mike her is a super hunk, you're all cool and edgy, and Hannes here is, I dunno funny I guess?"

"ouch, is that the best you could come up with?" Hannes laughed, not actually hurt, just running with the joke.

"Well it's not my fault you've passed on the 'alternative looking guy' to Jayken here, and he's doing a way better job at it than you ever did, look at those piercings" Emma continued, referencing Hannes emo days as if she had actually known him then, which she hadn't she had only seen a couple of pictures really.

Jayken blinked in surprise, looking at Mike and Hannes a bit confused now. "Master plan?" He asked a bit skeptically. He really wondering if saying what he did was a good thing at that moment. He wondered just exactly what this girl was thinking, tilting his head slightly.

Hearing he was cool and edgy, he chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "I wouldn't say that, but okay." He said, shrugging a bit before looking at the older male next to him, a lifted eyebrow rising when he heard that he did a better job than Hannes. Hearing the piercings comment, he could only guess that Hannes had his own, and might have even been like him, though he didn't see it right now.

"I did what I thought would fit me. This was the end result. Though I'm still wanting one more." He said with a grin, crossing his legs at his ankles and resting his elbows on the side's of his knees.

"ooh one more?" Hannes said and scooted closer to Jayken, for no real reason he was just really curious as to what it could be "Tell us"

For being so liberal his parents had been fairly conservative when it came to what they had let Hannes do with his appearance, always asking if he really wanted to dye his hair or get piercings back when he had wanted to do that. He had taken their advice of saying he would regret it later and ended up not doing any of it, just settling for the clothes. And even if he didn't dress like that anymore seeing someone like Jayken made part of him just automatically go "wow this person is cool", and hearing what the other boy had in mind for a new piercing was something that made him feel just that way.

Jayken looked at Hannes in surprise, seeing him scoot closer, but a smile moved onto his lips soon after. "I was thinking of getting a tongue piercing next. Gonna hurt, but I've always wanted one." He said, sticking out his tongue for a minute with a cute smile curling the corners of his lips.

"I've known a couple people who have had tongue piercings. It's so cool how many different ones you can get, even though they're not as popular anymore." He said with interest, actually having a secret love for piercings and tattoos.

" Oh yeah fuck if they're popular, that'd be really cool" Hannes agreed and nodded with excitement, it would probably really suit the other,

"I wouldn't do that if i were you," Emma ever so serious continued, "Hannes is obviously not gonna be able to keep it in his pants if you get another piercing"

Had it been anyone else Emma had joked about him being into he wouldn't have cared at all, but he didn't want Jayken to think he had some kind of ulterior motives with being friendly with him. And he wasn't sure if Jayken even was comfortable enough with his own sexuality to deal with the Implications Emmas joke brought with her.

"Funny" he gave her a glare and backed off from Jayken. Emma laughed because she really hadn't meant anything by it.

Jayken grinned right along with Hannes and nodded, glad that he agreed. "Yeah, I think so too. It's probably gonna take a week or so to heal, though." He said, his grin staying on his lips. It faltered a bit when he heard Emma's comment, a blush rising to his cheeks and across his nose.

"Ha...funny." He muttered before he swallowed hard, looking out towards the water for a moment before glancing over at Hannes, who had scooted away from him after the comment. Obviously Emma wasn't being serious, but it effected both of them and he had to wonder why.

Mike was apparently the less oblivious of Hannes two friends and realized that something with Emma's joke didn't sit right with the other two and decided to move the subject on to something else.

"okay so are we here to sit around here to swim, because It's hot," Mike said and Hannes thanked him internally.

"That seems like a good idea" Hannes agreed happily and was just about to get undressed dressed when he remembered he'd have to take off his sweatbands he used to hide his scars.Normally Hannes wouldn't care about it, because he knew people didn't really pay enough attention to see them, but there was something with Jayken there that made him self-conscious, even if he couldn't really figure out exactly why.

He pushed the thoughts away, now wasn't the time, and took off his shirt and the accessories on his arms that weren't tied with too tight knots as if he hadn't just dwelled on it. That was the best way for people not to notice, to not show that you were insecure about it.

"okay let's go" he stood up and smile excitedly, "lake time!!"

Jayken jumped up at that idea, nodding. "Yeah, let's go swimming. It's too hot even in the shade." He said with a grin on his face, glancing at Hannes. He noticed his hesitance, and tilted his head curiously, but he looked away a moment later, knowing he himself wouldn't want someone staring at him, even if it was just removing some accessories.

As he waited for the others, he moved towards the water, stopping once it was up to his ankles. He let out a soft breath, closing his eyes for a moment as he enjoyed the coolness of it. Although he wasn't a huge fan of swimming, he definitely needed it on a day like this, with it being the late 90's or even 100 degrees outside. Even the cabin's would get hot, although they have air conditioners, but it was more fun to be with everyone and swimming in the lake.

Hannes followed Jayken into the lake, Mike and Emma close behind him and watched as he stopped a couple of steps in. Hannes decided that no matter how nice it was to soak up the sun and feel the gentle waves of the water surround his feet that wouldn't do at all.

"you're slow!" Hannes laughed as he pushed Jayken forward a couple of feet until the water reached around their knees before running around him, turning around and falling back first into the lake, letting his entier body get submerged in the cool water. He stayed down for a couple of seconds, eyes closed, mentally shaking off the thoughts of self-consciousness from before.

"Fuck, that's nice" he sad as he sat up and pushed his now soaking wet hair out of his face.

Jayken let out a yelp of surprise when he felt himself pushed further out into the water, turning a playful glare towards Hannes before watching him fall into the water. Jayken continued to wade into the water until he needed to swim from being in the deep water, a smile moving onto his lips.

"This feels great." He murmured, letting out a soft sigh before he looked at Hannes and grinned. "Right? I'm staying in for a while now."

"Mmm" Hannes hummed in agreement, currently effortlessly floating on his back, letting the hot sun kiss his cheeks. He closed his eyes for a moment, similarly to what Jayken had done just a couple of minutes earlier.

He should have probably expected karma to strike back for hurrying along his friend, though, as he felt a pair of arms wrap around him from beneath the surface and pull him down. After a moment of confusion, he came back up for air only to face a mischievous looking Emma, who had totally ruined the nice moment.

He splashed her in the face as soon as he was done couching up some of the lake water. Emma avoided his attack and soon they moved back to a part of the lake where they could stand, splashing and wrestling trying to get the other under water. That was until Hannes decided to swim under her and pull her up on his shoulders.

"shoulder war!!" Emma announced as soon as she was stable and had realized what was going on, apparently feeling like she had the authority do dictate what they would do, not that Hannes disagreed.

"Yeah, c'mon!!" he shouted back at Mike and Jayken who still were further out, "We're totally gonna beat you!!"

Jayken laughed as he watched Hannes and Emma wrestle in the water, shaking his head slightly at their antics. They were quite fun people, he realized, and he was glad that Hannes was able to drag him out of his room and outside. His gaze softened after that, watching Hannes for a moment.

After Hannes picked Emma up and she shouted shoulder war, he blinked, snapping back to reality. He blushed when he was told to pair up with Mike, looking over at the male with a raised eyebrow. "We're not really doing that, right? What about just an ambush?"

"you coming or what?" Emma shouted at the two other who were too far away for Emma or Hannes to hear, only seeing Mike nod at Jayken and then throwing the two others a smirk.

Hannes assumed they were coming to join them and the smirk was just Mikes "no were totally gonna beat you face" while Mike, in reality, had agreed with Jaykens plan of ambushing their unsuspecting friends, who were now impatiently spinning around in the water. Hannes trying to balance Emma on his shoulders will still turning, and Emma laughingly shouting at him to stop because she was going to fall.

Jayken grinned at Mike, nodding for a moment as they swam towards the shallow water to stand. When it looked like Jayken was going to get on top of Mike's shoulder's, he actually moved to flip Emma off of Hannes' shoulders, letting her fall back into the water though making sure she wasn't hurt afterwards. He let out a chuckle when he knew she was fine, if not a little pissed off.

"Guess that means we won." He said with a playful wink, looking towards Mike and Hannes afterwards.

"Nooo you suck" Emma whined, swam up to Mike and clung to his broad back with one arm while rubbing some of the water out of her eyes with the other, "carry me, it's your punishment"

Mike did as told and soon the other two was busy playing around, Mike being much better at carrying the girl than Hannes as he was significantly more athletic compared to Hannes soft, on the border of pudgy, physique.

Hannes let the other two keep on playing and turned to Jayken with a fake hurt expression.
"I can't believe you Jayken, I thought I could trust you," Hannes said dramatically and looked away is if he couldn't even stand seeing his friends face, then he couldn't stop himself from bursting out laughing and playfully splashed him with water.

Jayken chuckled, watching Mike and Emma play around since it was Mike's 'punishment'. He really thought they'd actually look pretty cute together.

When he was splashed, his mouth dropped open, looking over at Hannes with a face offended expression. "It was Emma's idea to shoulder war. You went along with it. We just added a bit of...cheating to it." He said with a half shrug before grinning at the older male and splashing him back.