Having trouble posting

New update. I managed to successfully sneak a post in my conversation in. This was on the browser I normally use for the site. But the next post didn't work anymore. It's not working on any of the browsers again.

I'm starting to suspect that it might also have something to do with how often the text editor autosaves. Cause I type things out here, and I usually take my time before posting what I write. Whenever I fail to post, I notice that the autosave doesn't save the entire draft I make. In fact, it often saves short paragraphs, or just half of what I actually wrote (which would be fairly long)

The first post that was successful was only a couple of sentences short. The next one was an RP reply so it was a lot longer.

The autosave doesn't always save everything I write either. Would it be possible to write your RP posts in a separate document and then copy/paste to post here? If it's the lag that's preventing you from posting then that could cut down on the problem.

I will try sticking to writing in a separate document to see if that will work. I know I've "experimented" with that as well before. In the sense that I have done both posting using the editor and copy-pasting into the editor.

But once the posting is already "broken" not even copy-pasting will work. But I'll see if a permanent copy-pasting method will keep the post from breaking in the future. (Hopefully once it actually gets fixed, cause right now it hasn't fixed itself yet)

I'm still not sure why it's happening, but maybe someone else can give it a go D: For now, I hope the copy/paste method holds up!

• Thank You
Reactions: densagara
I regularly use the copy paste method, so I didn't even think it might be from typing into the text editor. :O Hopefully it works!

It happened again ;^;

I was able to post three times at a conversation today, doing the copy-paste method. Then it stopped working. I don't know what I did that caused it to stop. I made sure I wasn't typing anything on the text editor, only pasting what I typed somewhere else.

Posting here for the (hopefully) final time. I think I've finally figured it out.

Cause rather than refreshing an entire page when I check for messages, I click the envelope icon, or the inbox icon on the upper right. The loading bar that appears when you refresh that and the loading bar for posting are pretty similar enough. Once I stopped doing that and just refreshed the page, I haven't had any issues posting. So far XD

Ought to be helpful for those who do this as well. I thought it would be quicker to do that than to refresh an entire page, and because I'm doing an active RP, I click on that icon every five minutes or so to see if my partner has posted yet. I might be unintentionally breaking it that way.

@Nieva dunno if this will help you out as well, but it might be the reason why it's happening.

Ahahahahahahahaha! Finally! I have it! I have found what I think is a real, solid solution!!

First off, not clicking the envelope icon didn't make a difference. I think I was managing to sneak in more posts compared to before I used my "method" above, but it would always end with it not working at all. And I have to step back from it for hours (maybe even a day) before I could post again.

At first I found it odd that posting didn't work on my laptop and my mobile, but it was working on a different laptop I was using. Then I realized the difference between them. The second laptop has VPN running. So I thought to turn VPN on my own laptop and so far it's been working properly.

Sorry for all these messages >.> I wanted to make sure others who might have similar troubles as me would find a good solution.

• Useful
Reactions: neptune