Have You Ever Reached The End of the Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a group forum roleplay? Yes. But only like... a handful of times in the 15 years I have been roleplaying. O___O

In chat roleplays I have completed several stories! Some with groups and some with partners. They are easier to do one shot plots with in a single day and don't fall victim to the usually roleplay problems you'll find with forum roleplays.

This is why I tell people not to feel bad about a roleplay not finishing. Most don't, It takes all of the roleplay powers that be to line up perfectly to see a plot through to the end. O_O Some people are really lucky and make it work no matter what, but for most of us, we just play and enjoy the ride while we can before other things come up and the roleplay meets it's untimely end. XD

2(ish) RP's.

The first one

I say 2ish because the first one wasn't technically a single RP.

This was Pre-Old RP Guild days even, it was on a separate Star Wars RP site which changed to another address mid-way as a site update.

These are both long dead/abandoned sites btw, I'm only linking them for reference/proof. There's no intention/attempt here to advertise.

Both of which me and two others were Admins of (Fun note, it was one of the fellow admins here that introduced me and others to the Guild), and consisted of a small community which was about 12-15 players large at it's Prime. But these sites worked differently than sites like Iwaku and the Guild. Such as on Iwaku, it hosts a vast array of RP's where you require a process that consists of

1. Make Interest Check
2. Gather Players
3. Make CS for specific RP
4. Let RP go

While on the star wars sites, each RP was a mini-adventure in a much more grand/bigger timeline that connected them all together in a bigger overlapping story.
So, if you count each of those adventures as an RP in itself, I have dozens of completed RPs under my belt. But if you count the two sites combined content as a single RP then it's only 1 of 2 RP's I have completed.

The second one

This was a group RP on the Guild.

Where the basic premise was pretty corny, a bunch of teenager's get kidnapped and are trapped in an isolated building.
This Building is ran by a 'Game Master' who essentially keeps the teenager's there as pets, and occasionally forces them to SAW like games where the goal is to simply continue living in said confinement.
But the four of us in it got along and worked together so well, and had a close enough community that we had actually bothered to see it through right till the end.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Well, in my case I finished a 1st part of a sequel and now me and my partner are of starting a second part. So it's not truly finished yet but it's getting there. Actually the first part was finished here on Iwaku. The role play is called "Born To Run" if you're interested to read it. But it might be in the graveyard now as it finished quite a while ago :)

• Thank You
7-9 years of roleplay and I've yet to finish a story. I've gotten SO close, but so many of the long-lasting roleplay's I was in were very sandboxy and open ended, and others eventually died to inactivity past a few months of time, so I've never really finished one. Makes me sad, but I feel the memories without the ending are better than feeling the finite end of the game, you know?

• Thank You
So far, not yet. But the RP I'm currently GMing I have absolute confidence in will. Simply because... I will bring it to completion. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it. I'm also super confident and happy with the people in my group and have faith that they'll stick around with me long enough for the journey to end.

Saying that though, that ending... is a bloody long way away. I'm being incredibly ambitious with it and throwing absolutely everything I can into it to make it the best, most extensive, and most truly 'epic' rp it can be. So far we're heading into two years of daily posting and are on the 14th chapter of the story. I think we must be at around nearly 4000 IC posts now over the course of 'three websites' (OldGuild, NewGuild, Iwaku).

...and we're not even a third of the way through the rp yet.

Bloody hell what I have done.

• Thank You
Kind of...

When I was a kid I finished someone else's storyline in a site-sized RP. And about a year or two back the Mass Effect RP I was in tied up loose ends - but it was a premature end and partly to set up the next RP.

• Thank You
Technically, I had a roleplay where the story did end. The roleplay itself is still ongoing even today (happy almost 18th anniversary), but the story regarding the "big bads" and the end of the world and damsel(s) in distress and so on and so forth, that ended more than a decade ago. Now it's a roleplay about what a bunch of extremely overpowered and very irresponsible people would do when... well, when they have nothing to do!

I've also participated in tabletop roleplays that reached the end of their story or plot, but in terms of forum roleplaying I have yet to participate in a roleplay that gets past the first obstacle...

• Thank You
I've honestly only been involved in a few role-plays which were quite lengthy, though they ended up being strung together as one massive story. After a few years we finished and I've not had any real successful role-plays since then. Nothing else seems to have caught my attention, much less being able to find just the right kind of people I like to role-play with. No offence to any I've attempted to do anything with here at Iwaku, but I suppose I'm much too picky.

I love that story, as I remember very much of it and have thought about it every waking day since, reconstructing places and characters, events which transpired only to spiral into something far beyond what we could have ever considered creating in the first place.

• Thank You
Yes! Two.

One game I GMed and the other was with Anglkate and Vay.

All I can say is Wow. What a good question and it's awesome how much feed back I've read. I have Rp since I was 11/12 cant remember that far back but we had AOL dial up. Anyways I finished two role-plays that ended as tear jerkers. I've had four other role-plays that were in-depth with an original creative world but never finishing sadly for I loved the character depth that was involved.

It's been over seven years since I've had a roleplay that would last more than month. But that never stops me from finding people out there who is interested! ^_^

• Thank You
depends on if you mean on a good or a bad note. I've been rping for about..6/7 years now? the first site I had joined (not trying to rip on them) wasn't the best. it was just a bunch of people looking for quick rps to pass the time. I did have one or two rp's that lasted quite a while but we never really got to the end of them which I don't know is a good or a bad thing lol. I'm kinda torn in the middle about that because like all good stories its gotta come to an end sooner or later no matter how much you don't want it to right? haha. anyways I've also been a part of a few group rps that only lasted like..three days and then it was done its kinda sad when that happens but hey I'm always finding more and more great people with to rp on here and I'm finding more and more new stories to create and having lots of fun doing it and thats all that matters right? :)

• Thank You
I've think I've now spent just over two years on roleplaying sites and yet I've still never finished one. The reasons are both because I'm kinda picky when it comes to my role-plays and also because it's so easy for lack of activity to kill an RP.

• Thank You
5 times. The last time, My charachter ended up taking over the entire organization he was a secretery for due to the Bossman charachter and GMPC was off/presumed dead. It was pretty great.

• Thank You
A few times. Usually, it ends halfway because of dying communication of ideas -- or, my partner's writing becomes lazy over time that even I get discouraged to move the plot. It helps when the effort is equal. But yes, I do agree that it's almost amazing when you see an RP through the end, because usually, we write and extend the plot hoping that it never will end because it's going so well. Then, after a while, we get tired of it because it starts to drag. It's a vicious cycle.

• Thank You
One or two on the old Proboards site, but that's long before our move to this server in 2009. Personal stories, I've finished up a novella or two.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.