Have you ever experienced anything supernatural/paranormal/unexplained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate the unexplained things that happen to me, I just hate how divided I can be on them. One half makes a completely rational reason to explain things while the other half remains uncertain. That shadow of doubt that makes me wonder too much and every time an explained thing happens it uses it to prove it wasn't crazy.

For example, I use to stay at my grandma's house for a weekend every so often. Every time I did pictures would fall off the walls at night. Out of curiosity I went to the dining room at night after I hear a picture fall to see why. The nail was still firmly in the wall and the wire on the back wasn't broken at all. One side kept saying it could have been placed a certain way by a family member so it could slip and scare me. Even when I placed them back on they would still fall by the next night and they were always my baby pictures. My rational side couldn't think of anything after that.

I have a few other stories I could never believe my rational side of explaining. It's always that shadow of doubt and uncertainty that would always get to me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hana
Yeah, I can see the resemblance xD White hair, what looks like horns, black sclera with white pupils. And his clothes also have that fur lining lol

I don't really watch Bleach, which character is that again?

It's a combination of Ichigo's hollow form and his tesua genshu (which I'm sure I Spelled wrong) you only see Him
In one part

Haha, my mother used to see a tarot card reader. I just thought the card shuffling was a neat trick and the cards looked weird (I was a kid).

Maybe it's delusion or work of con artist, maybe it's true. Who knows? xD It's still better not to fuck with this stuff, though. As @Hydronine said it's either real or a really determined person out to terrify you, and real or not it's still scary. I think some stuff might be real, since most rumors have a grain of truth in them, otherwise they wouldn't have spread so widely.
There is always the possibility of it being supernatural in nature, but the burden of proving such is on those who make the claim rather than those who don't believe it.

So until such proof can show itself I'm most likely to explain anything in my life that could be seen as Supernatural with more scientific answers or simply raise my arms and say "I have no idea what caused that... But I would like us to find out".

Though in regards to the fact there must be some truth or it wouldn't spread?
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes".
That's not to say there can't be some truth in it mind you, you could very well be right about that.
It's just important to also remember how much faster it is for a lie to be spread around.
Just because you consider something to be "unexplained" doesn't mean you aren't normally a rational/scientific person. I mean, I'm usually not so quick to jump to conclusions myself, buuut... read my post about the shared dream I had. Never found an explanation for that other than "really fucking insane coincidence", but it sure seems a bit much to be a coincidence, eh?
I never said I didn't consider anything "unexplained", just that I didn't find it Supernatural in nature.
Now this could be a issue of how we mean the word "Supernatural", so to clarify what I mean by it in this case is essentially "Magic, Psychic, Beyond Science" etc.
Though in all truth, nothing is 'beyond science' cause the whole point of science is to observe, learn and understand everything there is in our world.

I also didn't mean to imply that anyone who did have such experiences weren't rational, because a lot of people here (you included) simply went "This is was weird, I have no idea what caused it" rather than go in to claim stuff like "It was ghosts and I know it for a fact!". I'm simply saying that I 'personally' probably never saw anything as Supernatural because I'm always looking at things through those lenses. That and compared to others I've talked to I've either lived a far less crazy/eventful life or I'm very bad at exaggerating my experiences. So my exposure to such bizarre situations is also below the norm.

As for your dream case specifically?
That's one where I would have to raise my hands and go "I have no idea what caused that".
But I'm not going to suddenly then turn around and say something like "This is beyond the realm of science! This is magic" as a result.
but on the other hand, thread was made just asking if we've ever experienced anything that could be construed as supernatural. I believe black out raven lady and Kaga's identical dream-states count. :ferret:
And back to the original question cause I think my original point has been a bit lost due all this.

I 'might' have experience something that someone 'might' claim to be supernatural.
But because I normally look for more scientific answers, I've never seen something and then concluded "This is supernatural".
So there's nothing in my own personal memory I can say that could be seen that way, and that's what I was trying to explain.

@Gwazi Magnum with what you said, have you ever been in a situation where you found it hard to explain away with scientific answers? Science's purpose is to learn, discover and understand as much of everything as it could. What once seemed like the supernatural to our past ancestors are now what we call modern technology. Maybe what we see as supernatural/paranormal now would be the norm in the far (or near) future.

@Gwazi Magnum with what you said, have you ever been in a situation where you found it hard to explain away with scientific answers?
According to memory? No.
Science's purpose is to learn, discover and understand as much of everything as it could. What once seemed like the supernatural to our past ancestors are now what we call modern technology. Maybe what we see as supernatural/paranormal now would be the norm in the far (or near) future.
Oh I know.

But often I see people use the term 'supernatural' for this stuff they go on about stuff like "Ghosts, Spirits etc." as being the answer.
In other words, I've seen the word get butchered enough by that stuff that I feel the need to make the clarification that I don't mean "Magic, Ghosts, Spirits" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.