Have you ever experienced anything supernatural/paranormal/unexplained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen dark figures what are presumably called 'demons' or 'shades of the dead' but it's unclear. I've also experienced 'possession' and I've had a number of terrible experiences along with them I'm not sure I should share or not.

Once I had a cupcake.

Then it was gone, like a ghost ate it.

I think the cat got it...

But in all seriousness, shit in my apartment disappears without me moving it/remembering. Could it be a ghost? perhaps. Or the goldfish memory I've seemed to gain. When I was a child I shared a room with one of my sisters. They were off on a slumber party, my dad was busy with his pals at the bar and my mother was working. I was alone at home so I decided fuck them, I'm going to pig out on junk food and watch TV naked. Fuck them. Anyways, it was around two in the morning? I heard a noise upstairs. We had seven cats, all of which were lounging on the couch. So you can imagine a ten year old's fear of going upstairs to check on what the noise was. I go to the laundry room and put some clothes on (I am sure to this day that it was my sister's pink sparkly jeans, not sure though) and go upstairs armed with my bow and arrow set, scared out of my mind.

I get up there and there was jack for shit up there besides my mother's creepy ass doll collection. It sounded like a bang and like something dropped, and later that night I swore I heard footsteps on the stairs. I slept with the cats as if they would have protected me from some kind of monster (yeah, a monster comes in and a cat saves the day. Cat is going to save it's own ass)

• Thank You
Reactions: Hana
I'm hispanic. Supernatural and paranormal shit is all over the place for us.

Totally not racist

There are times when I feel as though my cat is around. From the corner of my eye, I'll see a shadowy blur or a patch of red and wonder if it's Ember. Should the blurry feline shape move, it never fails to get a shout out of me. Not because I'm scared, but because I'm pissed. If ghosts do exist, I grew up finding them obnoxious. (Like that one in my grandma's house that won't leave the fucking music box alone. So she says.)

Anyway. Once I turn around, there's nothing. Sometimes I swear I can even feel her laying at the backs of my ankles when I'm cooking, too. When that happens, it gets less of a violent response out of me. I actually will start singing out loud or talking, like the old days when she'd bug me while I cooked.

This only occurs when I'm in the kitchen. I don't know why. Maybe there's a cat ghost that follows me or is tethered to this apartment. Maybe I'm just crazy. Hallucinating isn't a common side-effect of my disorders, but I wouldn't doubt that the loss of my kitty devastated me badly enough to mess me up a slight.

• Thank You
A while ago, a friend and I had the exact same dream, on the same night, but from slightly different perspectives. Like, she was in my dream, and I was in hers, and we both saw our own "version" of it even though we were mostly doing the same things throughout. I guess you could call it a "shared dream", but, yeah, when we were telling each other about our dreams the next day, totally shocked at how everything lined up, we were practically finishing each other's sentences recalling everything that happened, because we both remembered so many details so clearly -- the same details. It was kind of crazy.

• Thank You
YES

I am positive my keys slip off to a different dimension sometimes @_@

We have a cat ghost in our apartment. I'm not fucking kidding. Everyone in the apartment has seen it, our dog, Daisy, reacts to it, and guests have asked about it. It's DEFINITELY A CAT.

We don't worry about it much. Harmless.

I also have dreams and interactions with one of my best friends... who has passed away. It's a dream that always reacts to my environment- if I'm in bed with my boyfriend, he's sitting in my chair, facing me; if I'm at my parent's house alone, he sits on the edge of the bed. The bed thing is interesting- the spot will be pressed in like someone was sitting there, and it will be warm. We usually just talk in the dreams. It's usually pretty peaceful. Not worried about it.

NOW, WHAT I AM WORRIED ABOUT:

Never get on someone's bad side when they might be serious about their involvement of paranormal shit. Or, if you do, stay far away from them. FAR. FAR AWAY. (Similarly, if it looks like it might be a cult, feels slightly like a cult, seems off. Just... get out of there.)

What I mean by that is, either what happens next is real. Or they are so determined to scare the shit out of you that they will do their damnedest to get you to believe.

I've been involved in some completely screwy situations, luckily I got out of it- but there are certain areas of my city I do NOT go to unaccompanied. Ever. Because if I do run into these people, I will loose it and run, I have a good friend of mine who has an extensive weapon collection and permits- And we're under an agreement that if there's ever a need, he will come to my apartment, packing heat if necessary to get certain freaky people the heck out of my area.

• Thank You
Have I experienced anything paranormal?

Yes.

Two specific incidents when I was a child and one that happened a couple months ago.

The most recent one I'd rather not talk about, but I'll tell you about the other two from when I was a kid.

1. I recently recalled something from my childhood, which is amazing considering I don't have many memories prior to my sixth year. But this memory is from when I was around four. It's late at night and I'm laying in my bed. I have a nightlight of some kind casting a dull yellow glow in my room. I remember feeling as though someone was there with me, sitting on the chair in the corner where my mother would sit and read me stories. I remember being terrified and struggling for minutes on end just to turn my head and look toward the chair. It was a tall, shadowy figure sitting there, vaguely shaped like a man. Now, when this memory popped into my head, I thought maybe it was a nightmare I'd had as a kid. So I mentioned it to my mother and she told me I used to cry and refuse to sleep the full night in my bedroom because of this scary "shadow man". Who knows. Maybe it is just a dream.

2. Not too long after moving to a new town, I befriended the girl who lived right beside me. Our yards were side by side, so I could literally just climb over the fence and I'd be in her backyard where we always played. As a result, we became best friends and had many sleepovers. It was during one of these sleepovers at her house that the second incident occurred. Now, her house has some bad history. Two people from different times and families have committed suicide in her house, so needless to say, weird little things happened all the time, one of which was that we kept finding power cords, parcel string, ropes from the garage, and even belts and necklaces hanging from the upper stairs' banister. But one specifically odd night was when at about 2am, my friend's little sister said "I hear something moving downstairs". If you ever want a bunch of hyper 8-year-old girls to shut up in an instant, that's all you need to say. Long story short, after several minutes of listening to these odd little noises coming from the kitchen below, we woke up their mother and she went to investigate. After just a few seconds, she called us all down and what we found was just plain creepy and weird. All of the chairs from the dining table had been moved to different rooms. One sat in the middle of the living room. Another up against the fridge in the kitchen. Just really weird places. The doors that we'd made sure were locked before going to bed were wide open. But nothing had been stolen. To this day, we don't understand what the hell happened that night. o_o;

• Thank You
Reactions: Hana and Hydronine
Am I the only one whose never had situations like this happen to me and/or when in them I've been able to give a rational/scientific reason so it never entered the realm of supernatural?
Yes, where the fuck did all my socks go?
Well, if losing one's socks count then I guess this counts. :P
But like I said above about rational reasoning, usually when I get home I just toss my socks down the stairs and forget about them... so keeping such little track of them I'm hardly surprised that I lose so many. :P

I'm hispanic. Supernatural and paranormal shit is all over the place for us.

Totally not racist
Well, the ghosts are whiter than the KKK. That might have something to do with it.

Am I the only one whose never had situations like this happen to me and/or when in them I've been able to give a rational/scientific reason so it never entered the realm of supernatural?

Well, if losing one's socks count then I guess this counts. :P
But like I said above about rational reasoning, usually when I get home I just toss my socks down the stairs and forget about them... so keeping such little track of them I'm hardly surprised that I lose so many. :P
Well, weird stuff happens to the people around me, people I know, but generally it never happens to me. It's probably a case of obliviousness - I was reading one day and a volleyball apparently whizzed past my head and slammed into the wall. I never even noticed until the players apologized repeatedly. That kind of obliviousness.

Well, weird stuff happens to the people around me, people I know, but generally it never happens to me. It's probably a case of obliviousness - I was reading one day and a volleyball apparently whizzed past my head and slammed into the wall. I never even noticed until the players apologized repeatedly. That kind of obliviousness.
Maybe, I tend to not be the most observant of people. Not sure if it's as bad as that volleyball level though. :P

But I'm also thinking that my skepticism is playing a big roll in it...
But then again, the first 15-16 years of my life were spent as a Christian and no where in that time did I have such an experience either.

Last edited:
Maybe, I tend to not be the most observant of people. Not sure if it's as bad as that volleyball level though. :P

But I'm also thinking that my skepticism is playing a big roll in it...
But then again, the first 15 years of my life were spent as a Christian and no where in that time did I have such an experience either.
My family is Catholic, and my grandparents, particularly on my mother's side, are quite superstitious. My grandma can apparently feel a presence on the other half of our lot, across from the family home. She used to leave small food and drink offerings and talk to the spirit there, and told us not to point to empty air - apparently it can be a rude gesture to unseen guests. Most of our former house maids were Catholic and superstitious too, making for fun times xD

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
My family is Catholic, and my grandparents, particularly on my mother's side, are quite superstitious. My grandma can apparently feel a presence on the other half of our lot, across from the family home. She used to leave small food and drink offerings and talk to the spirit there, and told us not to point to empty air - apparently it can be a rude gesture to unseen guests. Most of our former house maids were Catholic and superstitious too, making for fun times xD
I would say my family is family is fairly superstitious, but they barely hold a candle compared the things I've seen some people online say (may it be they're own beliefs, or telling me about someone else they knew).

For the most part my family is mainly typical and doesn't believe or see too much of that stuff.
Though my Mom and Grandma insist on real life Psychic's and Mediums existing and having met them before.
And my Sister insists that Ghosts exist and that she's seen some before.

Me personally though?
I find it all to be the work of self-created delusions and/or the work of con artists.

I would say my family is family is fairly superstitious, but they barely hold a candle compared the things I've seen some people online say (may it be they're own beliefs, or telling me about someone else they knew).

For the most part my family is mainly typical and doesn't believe or see too much of that stuff.
Though my Mom and Grandma insist on real life Psychic's and Mediums existing and having met them before.
And my Sister insists that Ghosts exist and that she's seen some before.

Me personally though?
I find it all to be the work of self-created delusions and/or the work of con artists.

Haha, my mother used to see a tarot card reader. I just thought the card shuffling was a neat trick and the cards looked weird (I was a kid).

Maybe it's delusion or work of con artist, maybe it's true. Who knows? xD It's still better not to fuck with this stuff, though. As @Hydronine said it's either real or a really determined person out to terrify you, and real or not it's still scary. I think some stuff might be real, since most rumors have a grain of truth in them, otherwise they wouldn't have spread so widely.

When I was kicked nearly to death, I heard the voices of what I believed was my dead relatives like my granpa. Telling me "Not yet"

Likely concussion delusions or something. But I can remember the exact tone and inflation of voice to this day.

My brother had a similair experience when he almost drowned.

• Thank You

Just because you consider something to be "unexplained" doesn't mean you aren't normally a rational/scientific person. I mean, I'm usually not so quick to jump to conclusions myself, buuut... read my post about the shared dream I had. Never found an explanation for that other than "really fucking insane coincidence", but it sure seems a bit much to be a coincidence, eh?

Reactions: Hana and Brovo
Just because you consider something to be "unexplained" doesn't mean you aren't normally a rational/scientific person. I mean, I'm usually not so quick to jump to conclusions myself, buuut... read my post about the shared dream I had. Never found an explanation for that other than "really fucking insane coincidence", but it sure seems a bit much to be a coincidence, eh?
Or my near death experience of blacking out, following a raven-woman thing, and finding myself on a hill overlooking a shopping mall. There's a rational explanation, but it's still a stretch.

Just because something is something inexplicable doesn't necessarily mean it was supernatural, but on the other hand, thread was made just asking if we've ever experienced anything that could be construed as supernatural. I believe black out raven lady and Kaga's identical dream-states count. :ferret:

Status
Not open for further replies.