Have dreams ever given you story/writing ideas?

Well? Have they ?

• yeah! only slightly though !! and i had to fill in a lot of gaps

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no,,,? my dreams don’t make enough sense lmao

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • yeah! my dreams are very vivid, so I can remember entire scenes!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • no, i don’t remember my dreams!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlienIsRem

ADHD Whirlwind
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
  2. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Agender
  6. Primarily Nonbinary
  7. No Preferences
Genres
Whump | Romance | Urban fantasy | Crime | College Slice of life | Action/Adventure | Fantasy
I just wanna know! I’ve actually gotten quite a few OC ideas from dreams, and, when I was younger, I made an entire series with lore that a dream of mine had established! To this day I can still remember dreams from years ago, and I still have very vivid visual memory of quite a few of them.

I have tons and tons and tons of characters and plots based of randomass dreams I've had. O:

• Love
Reactions: AlienIsRem
OMG, so much yes. I don't often remember my dreams long-term, so I'll have to write them down, but a ton of my dreams come out almost novel ready. Whether I actually start turning them into projects is kind of a matter of what else has my attention at the time.

• Love
OMG, so much yes. I don't often remember my dreams long-term, so I'll have to write them down, but a ton of my dreams come out almost novel ready. Whether I actually start turning them into projects is kind of a matter of what else has my attention at the time.
Same! I’ll often write down little ideas to come back to later from dreams, and its so fun man oh man

I have tons and tons and tons of characters and plots based of randomass dreams I've had. O:
YEAH, same here !! my dreams also tend to let me have a POV from someone whos not me, so I often turn those little trips and different thought processes into characters !

• Love
Reactions: Diana
I have whole worlds and stories that started out as a dream I happened to remember and wrote down fast enough! Otherwise I just have to hope that I will dream the dream again, or that whatever I wrote down is intelligeble enog

• Love
I have had plenty of dreams and I feel the ones I remember mean something. So I try to work with what I have it's cool.

Ive had a few dreams I really want to make something out of, but most of my dreams tend to be forgotten or too weird for me to do much with. There is like two or three I really want to turn into a story though. I have notes on the dreams somewhere in my documents

I have pretty vivid dreams I think, though they are too weird to make into stories.

I think a few times, but I don’t exactly remember which ideas they were is the problem

i also have dream of ideas I have, and characters in RP’s and such,,,,

I think I've written a bit about my dreams, but most of the dreams I remember are the early morning ones that are more weird than writable.

I mean I could make a story about me and my sister deciding whether we want to keep or sell the Scooby Doo RV we won but I don't know where that's going.