Hating on Christmas music - Negative nancies unite

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kestrel

So you know what I really dislike around Christmas time?

Shopping.

Every mall has a Christmas playlist that has been played to death and back so hard it kills me inside. It is also the season I avoid the radio like plague for the very same reason. It literally pisses me off.

Fortunately, I have headphones.

Either way. What is your most despised Christmas song? Personally I wish I could strangle a physical manifestation of 'All I want for Christmas is you.' Which songs reverses your Christmas spirit? Or do you have no soul and actually torment others by playing or singing along all of it? Let us know.

Most of them are awful. Deck the Halls is probably the worst, and sadly one of the most popular in stores I visit during December. -_-

Having worked retail during Christmas time, I can confirm the endless Christmas music kills your morale and sanity. I did not want to hear any Christmas music outside of work, it just completely set me in an irritable mood.

As for the worst song, I am going to say "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", especially that version that ends with the super off key kids screeching the chorus in their god-awful, shitty high pitched and whiny little child voices.

As for the worst song, I am going to say "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", especially that version that ends with the super off key kids screeching the chorus in their god-awful, shitty high pitched and whiny little child voices.
I was unsure what song I hated most, but after seeing this I 100% agree this is the worst Christmas song.

If people decide to torture me with Christmas music, I can always torture them by playing this

Ooh, I have to disagree with you all. Does anyone recall a certain Christmas song involving a hippopotamus?

If not, let me refresh your memory.

This is, without a doubt, the most annoying, repetitive, godawful holiday song on the face of the planet. Between the nasally voice and vomit-worthy melody, I genuinely check to make sure my ears aren't bleeding every time I hear it. Besides, is this honestly the best thing they could come up with? What motive would a girl in a frilly dress have for wanting an aggressive, two ton African mammal anyhow?

I'd have to say the song I find most annoying would have to be this:

"Christmas land"

Probably not the most horrible song you can find but I'm so sick of this. Every time any Christmas songs are played, this is always among them. Every fucking time. For some reason people fucking love this song and heavily overplay it and I'm just so done.

I would probably say I absolutely despise all Christmas music with an equal amount of hatred. I'm lucky enough that I can more or less tune out ambient music like that as I need. However, its when employees of stores and such sing along that really irritates me. At one point at a Subway, the entire crew sang along a specific song while I ordered my food. I don't think I had much of an appetite after.

Personally I don't mind them too much.
Still would never listen to it by choice, but they're better than most of the popular music people spam otherwise.

If I had to pick a worse though it's be whenever they make kid's versions of it, rather than being done by actual singers.
Usually they pay no attention to the quality and are simply cashing on the "Awww so cute! Look at the children!".

If I were to pick a specific song, it'd also be "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus".
If for nothing more than it takes what's meant to be a nice holiday and goes "Let's sing about cheating!".

If I were to pick a specific song, it'd also be "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus".
If for nothing more than it takes what's meant to be a nice holiday and goes "Let's sing about cheating!".
I heard somewhere (recently, actually) that the song is actually about the mother kissing the father dressed up as Santa Claus, and the kid who saw just didn't piece it together.

...I'm not 100% sure that that's the intended meaning, but, it kind of makes more sense to me, anyway.

...I was also blown away that I had never even considered that reading of it up until that point.

• Useful
Reactions: Dervish

This Christmas song, and every variation thereof, needs to DIE IN THE DEEPEST PITS OF FIERY HELL AND HAVE ITS SOULS CONSUMED BY THE GREAT DEVOURER IN THE DEEPEST PITS OF THE NINE REALMS OF HELL AND THE ABYSS.

Usually I love me some Wham!, but... Oogh.

OOGH.

OOGH.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I heard somewhere (recently, actually) that the song is actually about the mother kissing the father dressed up as Santa Claus, and the kid who saw just didn't piece it together.

...I'm not 100% sure that that's the intended meaning, but, it kind of makes more sense to me, anyway.

...I was also blown away that I had never even considered that reading of it up until that point.
That would help it's case if it's true. XD

No wait! I take my earlier worst song back!

THIS is the worst!

... Uh.

That is how I had always interpreted it.

But it's hilarious to me that people thought at first-hearing it was about Mom cheating on Dad with a Santa Claus look-a-like or impersonator.

lmaoooooooooooo.

... Uh.

That is how I had always interpreted it.

But it's hilarious to me that people thought at first-hearing it was about Mom cheating on Dad with a Santa Claus look-a-like or impersonator.

lmaoooooooooooo.
SEE

THAT'S THE THING

I SAW A POST ON ANOTHER SITE THAT MADE IT SOUND LIKE THIS WAS A THING THAT EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW BUT THEM, LIKE, "oh I just figured out that that's what it's about and not a cheating mom"

And this just blew my mind because I had never even considered that until I even read that comment. Even though apparently it was something most people already knew.

BUT I COULDN'T ACT LIKE GWAZI WAS SLOW ABOUT FIGURING IT OUT OR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE KNEW BECAUSE I HAD ONLY JUST BEEN INFORMED OF THIS LIKE THIS YEAR AND FOR ALL I KNOW MAYBE IT ISN'T EVEN THAT COMMONLY KNOWN.

So... yeah. Couldn't think of anything else but to be neutral about it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
  • Useful
Reactions: Finhawk
For all you people posting videos, I just got off the phone with my old buddy Lucifer and he's agreed to reserving a special place in hell for every single one of you.

Happy holidays.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
I don't hate Christmas music. Hate is a strong emotion that requires a lot of effort.

I simply don't care for it.

The only acceptable Christmas song/video.

Status
Not open for further replies.