Hate That I Love You ((Awekin + K-michelle412))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan sighed in relief when Jess went upstairs. He motioned for Naomi to join him on the couch. He turned on the television for some background noise as they got down to studying. The sat shoulder to shoulder as they reviewed their materials. Naomi was a quick leaner. Every now and then they'd get sidetracked and start talking about their favorite movie and characters. "You know, you're a pretty fun guy," Naomi smiled, nudging Ethan playfully. He chucked, dipping his head to hide his smile. "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself," he turned his head to look at Naomi. She scoffed and rolled her eyes in a joking manner. "Oh I'm not so bad?" Ethan rolled his eyes as he smiled crookedly. "Alright alright, you're pretty great," he amended, nudging Naomi back. She smiled, silence falling beneath the two as they got stuck staring at each other. Naomi's eyes flickered to Ethan's lips, as did his to hers. When their eyes reconnected both of them leaned in slightly, breathing becoming shallow the closer they got.

Jess sat on her bed and hugged a pillow against her chest and shut her eyes. She didn't want this girl to be near her brother anymore but she couldn't really do much about it so she just stayed quiet- "Ethan.."

Naomi was the one to close the distance. Ethan gasped softly at the feeling, eyes sliding closed. It felt...different. It wasn't like when he kissed Jess, the strange electricity that surged through his body. It was still nice though. It was a soft, shy kiss and ended quickly. Ethan pulled away, a hint of a blush on his and Naomi's faces.

"That's was nice," she said through a giggle. Ethan chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, really nice." Naomi bit her bottom lip and began to pack up her things. "I should go," she said, now nervous. Ethan looked at her curiously but didn't stop her. He helped her clean up and walked her to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Ethan said but it sounded more like a question. Naomi nodded with a small smile before leaving. Ethan closed the door, butterflies in his stomach. When he remembered he had to go talk to Jess his stomach flipped. He remembered promising her nothing would happen and he just kissed Naomi. Jess couldn't not find out about that...ever.

Ethan climbed the stairs to his sisters room. He knocked on the door and waited for her to let him in.

When Jess heard her brother knocking she quickly got up and went to her door, she opened it and pulled him in, kissing him deeply and shut the door behind her. She went to the bed and fell on it with him-

Ethan gasped in shock. He stumbled towards the bed, falling on top of Jess. He pulled away, taking in much needed air. "Woah Jess. What's wrong?" It's not that he didn't want to kiss her, he did, he really really did, but he knew something was wrong. Ethan was still coming to grips with what they'd done the night before so he was sort of reluctant to get caught up again.

"Ethan.. you make me feel good.. really good.. better than I've felt in years.. I want to feel that again.." -She moved his hand to her hips- "I'm the only girl you'll ever need.." -She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked into his eyes-

Ethan chewed on his bottom lip. He wanted to give in. He really really wanted to give in but he couldn't. What they did shouldn't have ever happened. He had to convince himself it was a mistake because they're siblings and they're some things that siblings just shouldn't do. Ethan sat up, pulling Jess up with him. "Jess, look," he heaved a sigh, "Last night...last night was a bad idea okay. You're confused....I'm confused." Ethan rubbed his temples, thinking of how to words this so it didn't hurt his sister. "I love you. I love you so much and I know you know that but what we did, it...it can't happen again. I'm sorry," Ethan couldn't wait around for her reaction. If he did, he knew he would give in and end up rolling in the sheets with her and that's something that couldn't happen again. Ethan hurried out of Jess's room and out of his house. He couldn't be there now.

Jess went to reach for her brother but he was gone, leaving her sitting on her bed with tears in her eyes. She heard the front door shut behind him and she fell back on her bed. She hugged herself and began to cry into her bed, but then a thought went through her head, this wasn't her fault or Ethan's.. it must have been that girl!-

Ethan went to a small diner not far from the house. He sat in a booth alone, nursing a cup of hot cocoa. He stared into the brown liquid, taking a mental note of how it was the exact color of his sister's eyes. He heaved a sigh and took another sip. He was conflicted as hell. He loved his sister, more than any brother should and he knew that. He needed to distance himself. Perhaps Naomi would be good for him. They clicked, he could easily be her friend but maybe if they were more, whatever he was feeling for Jess would fade. It needed to fade, for both of their sakes.

She sat at her desk looking at the picture of the two of them when they were younger. Jess was on Ethan's back with a large smile on her face, they had gone hiking a few years back and she had gotten so tired of walking that her brother offered to carry her. She rubbed the i mage of her brother gently and whispered to it- "ill make things better Ethan.. for both of us.."

Ethan didn't go home that night. Instead he stayed at a friends house and slept on their couch. He didn't want to face Jess, not after knowingly breaking his sister's heart. He was her big brother and he was supposed to protect her, but here he was causing her pain. He tossed and turned, not really getting any sleep. When he had to wake up for school, Ethan had only slept or an hour. He borrowed clothes from his friend and went to school.

He met Naomi at his locker, offering her a tired smile. "Wow, you look terrible," she smirked, leaning against the cool metal. "Gee, thanks," Ethan groaned. Naomi laughed, the sound making Ethan feel just a tiny bit better. "I am feeling the bed head though," Naomi amended as they walked to class. Ethan let a half smile appear. "Thanks, stayed at a friends house," he said as they stepped into their chem class. "Oh? Did you and Jess fight or something?" She asked, genuinely concerned. "Or something," Ethan said as class started. Naomi eyed him curiously, but let the topic drop. It wasn't her business.

Jess weakly got out of bed, she had spent almost the entire night crying until she eventually tired herself out and fell asleep. In the morning she weakly got out of bed and got ready for school. Once she got there she saw Ethan and Naomi. She quickly ran down hall away from them, trying to hold back tears. She went to her locker and got her books before she went towards her next class, which with her luck ended up having Ethan and Naomi in it. She couldn't see them both together like that.. so she went to the girl's bathroom and just stayed in there-

Ethan kept his eye for his sister all day. He was getting worried when he didn't see her. He hoped she was okay, but they needed time apart. They were toxic together. Instead, he spent most of his time with Naomi and it was nice. Ethan could forget about his problems and his strange home life when they talked. He liked that, pretending to not have problems. He felt normal for once and that was a feeling he readily indulged in.

At lunch, Jess went into the cafeteria, she had missed all of her morning classes and the first eating period but she had to eat something, she saw Ethan over at a table, talking to Naomi, laughing and seeming much happier with her than Jess. She quickly wiped her eyes and got food, speeding past her brother's table and heading to an empty table in the corner- (her not showing up to classes could get their parents involved and I could control one of their parents in you want)

Ethan saw Jess breeze past their table. He paused his conversation watching her go. He turned to Naomi and gave her a sheepish smile. "I should go check on her," he sighed. "It's fine. She's your sister," Naomi said understanding. Ethan nodded and walked to Jess's table. He sat opposite her and cleared his throat. "Jess, where have you been?"

"Leave me alone.." -She stared at her food, more picking at it then eating- "you've already left me for her.. how else can you possibly hurt me Ethan?.." -tears rolled down her face-

Ethan felt his heart squeeze tightly in his chest. He made his sister cry and it killed him inside. "Don't cry...please," he whispered, shifting uncomfortably. He hated when Jess cried, he always had. "Look, you know why I left. It wasn't for Naomi, it was for you. This...is wrong and you know it. I'm just trying to give you what you deserve Jess." Ethan sighed and shook his head. He didn't want his sister to hate him but he couldn't be with her either. He wasn't going to burden her with that secret.

"But Ethan.. if we try we can be together.. please.. don't leave me.." -She squeezed his hand and looked into his eyes- "I don't want to be alone again.." -She lowered her head-

Ethan held his sisters hand tightly. "You won't be alone Jess," he said, looking at her with so much emotion. He was conflicted but he couldn't do this. "You'll never be alone. You have me but...just not in that way. I love you. I do. I love you so much it hurts but that's why I have to let you find someone else. You see that right?" Ethan asked, voice cracking as tears pricked his eyes. He hated this. He hated it so much.

"You're the only person for me.. those years we had stopped talking to each other I had no friends.. only until yesterday did I ever feel any real emotion towards me from someone, and it was you.."

Status
Not open for further replies.