Harvest Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leila giggled at their conversation, "Auron, how comes you tend to flirt with everyone but me?" She complained with a smile, "I also would like some manpower on my farm for once, yet whenever I asked you told me you had to work elsewhere." She sighed softly and turned to Kieara, "But yeah, I'd also like to help you set everything up if you want. I know it can be hard to get started, but after a while it will be really easy, I promise you that much!"

Kieara smiled to her and spoke. "I would definitely appreciate the assistance. At least until I get a feel for what I am doing around here." She said to her and looked back over her mainly barren field save for a couple fruit trees. "Someone was kind enough to plant a few things already for me or forgot their own crops."

Auron chuckles. "Maybe its cause your so manly." He teases Leila. "Say you could probably use some help on the farm, getting an area all set up and cleared...Leila what do ya say to helping Kieara out?"

She pouted, "I'm not manly!" She looked at Auron, "You are manly.." She mumbled, trying to insult him with it. "I want to help her, she's new after all!"

Kieara looked over to Camrice feeling most comfortable with him at the moment. "Are they always like this?" She asked with a soft giggle at their bickering. She thought it was comical. Of course she was assuming it was just teasing.

Auron lets out a groan in a silly fashion. "There's no real reason I didnt help ya...just busy an all." He mutters a bit. "Thanks for agreeing to help out though. Want to help me get my tools? Its a bit too much for me to carry them all."

Kieara nodded to him signaling she would help. She didn't mind helping people. Attitude said a lot about a person. And so far she liked everyone here. Even if Auron seemed a bit abrasive. It was a contrast to her sweet and shy nature. She looked over to Camrice and Leila. "Is there anyone else in town I should meet?" She asked with a smile as she pet the dog again.

Ross with a huff, threw himself forward and lifted himself up off of his stiff bed. With a groan, he put on his normal clothes and then grabbed his hammer and clippers, attaching them to his belt he had on. Hearing some barking, Ross slumped to the door and slowly twisted the handle. He got no sleep last night with the silence, he was used to the white noise that was there when the wind blew and the trees rustled. So he was for sure not ready for the day. Making his way out the door, he looked over to the group and gave a light scoff. Its been a while sense his last conversation with anyone, no reason to go into town. The crops were more or less dead, and no one came over after the last owner left the homestead. Walking over to the very few crops, Ross inspected what he could. " Little nutrition, rocks every were, watered...? " Ross said out loud to no one in particular. Its odd for them to be watered, he did not water them and they were almost dead anyways. " Whatever the case. They are past harvesting and need to be pulled. I may be able to plant some peas, or some radishes and get them out into the market still before prices flux again." Ross says again to himself, and gets down on his knees, starting to pull the weeds and nearly dead crops around him.

Kieara turned her head as she saw someone come out of the farm house she'd been sold. She blinked. Had she been sold someone elses home? If so she needed to go to town and remedy this mistake. She didn't much like confrontation and the man looked weary. Perhaps she should let it be for awhile? No. No that wouldn't be the right thing to do.

She stepped over kneeling next to the man and spoke. "Hi there." She offered a sweet smile in his direction, then she got straight to the point. "I'm Kieara. What's your name?" She asked and offered a hand to shake.

Upon closer inspection one could tell she'd been the one working on the crops. She was dirt covered and looked like shed been hard at work.

Ross looked up at the dirt covered older lady as she announced her presence, a grim look was on his face as he looked at her. She had caught him at a moment of sadness as he knew the farm was going to fail at some point. But as soon as he knew that he was not in proper form, Ross put a semi-fake smile across his face and dusted himself off, with a slight jingle of his tools Ross answered the woman. " Good morning miss! I am Ross, the owner of this land. Or well..." His voice trailed off with slight embarrassment, " assistant of this land. How may I help you? " The previous owner tended to be strict and to always be proper when faced with a stranger or the owner himself. Otherwise he would get extra work time, or his cherished tree would get threatened to be chopped down.

Once again seeing that he his out of alignment, Ross stood at attention, almost like he was in the army. While quickly putting his arms at his side, he nearly cut his arm on the clippers that still hang on the side of his waist.

She blinked at seeing how stiff he acted. She was really quite lax. She stood up and smiled in return to the man. She hoped he was friendly. He seemed to be so. So she wasn't too worried about it all.

She spoke. "I was just a bit confused. I'm new here and I was interested in seeing who you were and introducing myself. I just came from town. I bought this place for 5000g." She explained.

She looked back to her new friends for confirmation on the matter.

Leila had never really gone to this farm or gave it any closer look, she looked at the person and shook her head, "I don't really know who that is...but I haven't really seen anyone on the farm for a bit so I think it's just a weirdo or something.."

Auron lets out a sigh. "Seems the two love birds got some chatting to do." He gives a playful wink before turning to Leila. "So you want to help me get my tools or no? I could get them but it'd take two trips on my own and who knows, I might help you out if you help me out."

Kieara smiled and she spoke. "Um....you...don't have to stand like that...." She informed Ross. She didn't want him to feel as if he had to be at attention. After all, she wasn't his master or anything. Right?

"So....what is going on?" She asked. She wished to know his experience of this land and his opinion on what was going on around here. Perhaps he had an idea on how to fix things or could help her learn the ropes.

Seeing Ross nearly cut himself she spoke. "Oh! Careful. You almost caught yourself with your clippers."

Still with his ways of his old "master" as the lady said, ross still stood at attention. " This is farm... Uhh..." Ross pondered, the farm did not actually have a name now that the other owner left. Its usually the owners last name. " This is farm Winter! I was just pulling the dead crops here. I was hoping to plant something fast growing to get something to grow. That is all that has happened miss Kieara!" Ross said firmly as he scolded himself internally. No stuttering, no stopping, always be direct or your tree will be cut down! His old owners' words rang in his head, but he still did stutter. Many things may happen now. This woman may report his stutter to the old owner, and then his tree will be cut down. Or this woman may just punish him herself, by forcing him to work more hours.

Ross tried to keep a straight face, but there is a slight spot of fear in his eyes as he waits for the woman' response.

The others were paying her no attention now so she supposed she was on her own. She looked back to the man in front of her with a confused look. She didn't know why he was so jumpy, but she hoped to perhaps help that.

"You can just call me kieara." She said and she offered another smile. "Perhaps we should go settle this with the mayor. I don't wish to intrude on your home. I'm certain there's another property he could give me. You were here first after all." She could see his anxiety and wanted to make him comfortable.

Why did he not think of this sooner? As kieara said that this was his home, ross remembered that this land was technically for sale. Ross relaxed a little, letting his face go into his normal half smile but still stood at attention still not knowing how this woman would like him to act. " Oh! This is not my land. Well, it sort of is. The owner of this land left and never came back, so this land is up for sale. And you said something about the price of the farm, so you must be the new owner. Sorry for my mistake." Ross spoke as if he was starting to relax. Finally no more strict orders, or extra hours, unless the new owner is like that. All he could do now is just hope that kieara is not like that at all.

Reactions: Lewi
As Kieara seemed to now take care of this man, it made her guess it was best to just move on and get to sell some of her wares in the city. Leila quickly walked up to her, "I'll show up later! I need to get this done by noon..s-so see you later!" She smiled and quickly ran off, getting to the market as quickly as possible to sell her wares.

Status
Not open for further replies.