Harvest Moon: Moonrise Valley [Signups & OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted now, since I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow. Though being the first post in the RP is kinda scary xD

I've been really busy with other rps and life.

But also, I dunno where to start. One of the things I'm worst at is starting off from 'Anywhere'

A tragic weakness
Lol you're going to have to be quite independent in this RP. I can't baby everyone. Part of this style of RP is the fact that it is largely laid back and relationship driven. Players need to make their own drama and events and quests IC. I won't do that all for you. I'll add in actually GM posts here and there but you need to all be able to just go with the flow and make stories together :)

Reactions: Esmeray
Lol you're going to have to be quite independent in this RP. I can't baby everyone. Part of this style of RP is the fact that it is largely laid back and relationship driven. Players need to make their own drama and events and quests IC. I won't do that all for you. I'll add in actually GM posts here and there but you need to all be able to just go with the flow and make stories together :)
I imagine things regarding the harvest goddess and the tree of seasons is something you'll largely control over anything else.

Alright, I posted. Hopefully now we have some post up for others to follow now. :)

I need a few things from you guys:

1. Give me a list of any NPC's from your character sheets that will actually be in the town. These are for the list of relationships.
  2. Fill out the relationship points for each other townsperson (main characters only for now. We'll do minor chars after I get a list of NPC's) A guide is on the First Post
Shade
Skye
Alexis
Same
Prudence
Fawn
Kaleb
Ryder
Clover
Fabrice
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that Clover, Fabrice, and Ryan aren't on the list for character relationship. Any reason for that?

OKAY. I made character banners, simple ones to use in the chat if we want

2eal2e9.jpg
6to1vr.jpg
2cwk4fm.jpg

kccyg6.jpg
24xkheo.jpg
15egz74.jpg

2dhwetw.jpg
bozr.jpg
357hcfb.jpg

2h6u5ns.jpg
n4v3vt.jpg
msf0gx.jpg

*Wipes brow*
Phew. There we go.

Let me know if I forgot anyone or made any mistakes :)

I'll post tomorrow :)

Sorry, I have been tied up with work and a bit of RL drama. I'll post soon, might not be until tomorrow afternoon.

• Thank You
Reactions: Soulserenity20
@Vio I want Skye and Fawn to be good friends and maybe Skye could be friends with Ryder too? She could stop by and visit him once a day during her morning walks with her dogs? Let them swim on the beach and such. Shade would likely be friends with fawn and kaleb but I think he would be very inclined to be social with Alexis :)

@Vio I want Skye and Fawn to be good friends and maybe Skye could be friends with Ryder too? She could stop by and visit him once a day during her morning walks with her dogs? Let them swim on the beach and such. Shade would likely be friends with fawn and kaleb but I think he would be very inclined to be social with Alexis :)

I'd be down for Ryder and Skye to be friends. I am also interested to see if anyone else wanted to be friends or acquaintances to Ryder too before the start of the RP.

So I have some questions about relationships.

@Soulserenity20

So I'm guessing we all start out at default with no diamonds rather than one diamond, because no diamonds means we haven't met at all. Right? So what would be the difference between Stranger and Acquaintances? Basically whether we've met more than one or two times? (Everything else seems pretty straightforward.)

Should Pru at least be Acquaintances with everyone but the characters who are new in town, since she's the mayor and regularly checks in with all the local businesses? What about Sam, since he's doctor?

@Vio

Do you think Sam and Fawn/Kaleb are at two diamonds, or three?

@Rithas @Strawberry275 @DANAsaur @EternalInfinity

If any of you guys want pre-existing relationships with Sam or Pru, let me know. Sam likes books so he might know Alexis from the library, and I can see Pru getting along well with Clover.

@Frey

Fabrice is new in town, so I'm guessing he doesn't have any relationships yet?

Also, @Soulserenity20 again, here's my list of NPCs:

Lulu Winter, Sam's daughter
Winifred Perry, cat lady/retired doctor
Coriander Tompkins, florist

There's also Lulu's mother, who I can make if no one wants to play her. And then I had a couple ideas for other NPCs that I can drum up soon.

@Astaroth Yes, Fabrice moved a few days prior of the role play start in the town. I think he should have only one diamond everywhere.

@Vio I was thinking about my first post a few of my ideas end up to meet your characters, Fabrice need to do some shopping and he meets Fawn at the grocery she was working at or he needs some wood to fix some furniture and parts of the house or for some tools and he visits Kaleb for it.

Wow you guys were talky talky while I was sleeping. I'll respond to everyone shortly. ^^

I see Skye and Fawn as being pretty close friends simply due to the fact that they're both adventurous and curious spirits. In areas where Skye may be lacking, such as being social, I see Fawn as sort of being an encourager. For example if Skye finds someone she likes, Fawn would encourage her to pursue them and even help her. I imagine they'd be the kind of friends that can confide in each other so I was going to go with four diamonds. Plus they all grew up together.

I have to think more on Fawn and Shades relationship, as well as Kalebs with the twins. That's all I have regarding Skye at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
@Soulserenity20

So I'm guessing we all start out at default with no diamonds rather than one diamond, because no diamonds means we haven't met at all. Right? So what would be the difference between Stranger and Acquaintances? Basically whether we've met more than one or two times? (Everything else seems pretty straightforward.)

Should Pru at least be Acquaintances with everyone but the characters who are new in town, since she's the mayor and regularly checks in with all the local businesses? What about Sam, since he's doctor?
So, strangers means you know their name. You haven't really chat with them at all, you don't Know anything about them or their lives. Acquaintance is like, you know their name, where they live, what they do for a living, you've chat a few times and they're a "familiar face". Then friendship is when you choose to nurture that.

All the native townsfolk would be at the very LEAST acquaintances. Newcomers could be strangers but everyone would at least have one diamond to them because they would all know their name maybe said hi once or twice when they moved here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
So I have some questions about relationships.

@Soulserenity20

@Vio

Do you think Sam and Fawn/Kaleb are at two diamonds, or three?

@Rithas @Strawberry275 @DANAsaur @EternalInfinity

If any of you guys want pre-existing relationships with Sam or Pru, let me know. Sam likes books so he might know Alexis from the library, and I can see Pru getting along well with Clover.

@Frey

Fabrice is new in town, so I'm guessing he doesn't have any relationships yet?

Also, @Soulserenity20 again, here's my list of NPCs:

Lulu Winter, Sam's daughter
Winifred Perry, cat lady/retired doctor
Coriander Tompkins, florist

There's also Lulu's mother, who I can make if no one wants to play her. And then I had a couple ideas for other NPCs that I can drum up soon.

Kaleb, Fawn, Sam, and Lulu def have more than two diamonds. I just figured they treated each other as if they were family and was going to go with five diamonds. Fawn is already going to have two hearts for Sam, because she admires him and his line of work, plus he saved her brother and is probably the only one that knows about her mental health. Not sure if shed pursue him though. O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.