Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
Welcome,
to Moonrise Valley.
c33f36c783085ef9cfbecdbbf0be0891_zps22bc2360.jpg

• Deep in the peaceful mountains of the Morning Dew region lays a small, humble town nestled into the landscape. Moonrise Valley is just four hours by horse from Forget-Me-Not Valley and is seen as its sister town. Over the years, the town has thrived, moving about at its own pace and flourishing off the land. The townsfolk are calm and content, secure and confident in their lifestyles and haven't had a reason not to be. That is, until one particularly cool spring day....

The great Tree of Seasons has long born a quarter of each of its leaves to each of the seasons, keeping the region in balance. The magic of the tree, long ago bestowed by the Harvest Goddess, has kept the seasons in check and offered a fertile region for the town to grow in. But since this spring, the Tree of Seasons has been loosing its leaves entirely, as if Winter is consuming it entirely! This is not good, for any lack of balance in the tree will surely be reflected upon the land. Winter comes in 3 1/2 seasons and when it does... will it ever end?

Nobody has heard from the Harvest Goddess in over 10 years in these regions. It is said she's departed to attend to business elsewhere, certain that the land was stable and safe. With her absence, it is up to the townspeople to find a way to protect the land from plunging into an eternal Winter.

Our story begins with you.

You are either a towns-person or a newly arrived visitor here to work or live for the next few years. It's a first come, first serve basis for who is playing which role, so make your choice wisely!

• RULES:​
    +No more than 2 characters each. Families with children will be accepted if they exceed the character cap.
    +I require one post every week or so.
    +This is going to be a VERY open RP, in terms of plot. I will loosely push it forward but a lot of this should be on you guys to make relationships, side quests, plots, etc. Talk to me about possible side plots and I will help develop them! I don't want to run this entirely on my own, in the sense that I don't want you to only respond to GM posts. This Roleplay Requires Initiative!
    +Be fair and don't make ridiculous characters <3
    +Love and romance in encouraged but all iwaku rules apply. Sexual scenes are to be put in spoilers if they happen and you're to list tags for what's in there. No sexual acts between over and under age players. Etc.
    NOTE: The ranch with the green roof in the north region is taken for my characters, the Lumina Twins.

Skye is a dog and horse breeder. She will sell dogs and horses.
    Shade is a cattle rancher. He keeps cows, lamas, goats, and sheep.
  • Skeleton:

Reference Image:
    Name:
    Home: (Describe in terms of roof color, shop name, whatever it takes to make it clear.)
    Personality in 5 words:
    History:
    Family/Relationships:
  • PLAYER CHARACTERS OCCUPATION
    @soulserenity20
    Skye Lumina

Shade Lumina

Iris Blackmore

Cattle/Sheep Rancher

Pet/Horse Breeder/Trainer

Mayor
    @Vio
    Fawn

Kaleb

Grocer

Carpenter
    @Crysodic
    Kerr

Inventor
    @Nano
    Lily

Doctor
    @Rithas
    Ryan

Innkeep
    @EternalInfinity
    Ryder

Fisherman
    @DANAsaur
    Cover

Botanist
    @Strawberry275
    Alexis

Libarian
    @MystyItainn
    Avery

Baker
    @Frey
    Fabrice

Blacksmith/Miner
    @xLarius
    Milli

Chicken Rancher
  • 20ssuaa.jpg

Accepted Characters

• f1xjxs.jpg
    21, Winter 10
    Female
    Personality: Kind, shy, adventurous, curious, animal-lover

Likes: Horses, dogs, cats, flowers, home cooking, and walks through the forest.

Dislikes: Chickens, eggs, gemstones, and insects.

Living Location: Lumina Ranch, on the skirts of the forest.

Personality: Being a twin, Skye has always struggled to gain independence. She share's her brother's love for nature and has chosen to work in the field of training and breeding work animals for local farms. Her horses are well bred and good for working the fields. Her hounds herd cattle with the best of them, and her felines are trained to control small pests and assist in poultry herding. Skye puts immense amount of time and love into her animals and as a result, tends to be shy and more closed off from the outside world. She is a kind, caring, loving person with a heart of gold. Though she struggles in the social world, she is a faithful friend to any who get close enough to her.

Backstory: Skye and Shade were born and raised in the small mountain town. Their farm has been passed down through their family for many generations, and has thrived off the nutrient rich soil of the forest. When the twins turned 18, their parents signed the farm's deed over to them and went to travel the world in search of knowledge and experiences. They visit once in a while but all in all the twins are alone. Though the pair share many common interests, they have great differences too. Neither of the pair are fond of chickens, as a mean hen from their childhood spent many summers chasing them around the farm when they tried to collect eggs. Skye is passionate about her herd of horses and her witty cats and dogs, and would greatly prefer their company over that of cattle, which she finds to be clumsy and much less intelligent. Shade, on the other hand, lives to raise his cattle herds. He takes great pride in his dairy cows and alpacas, but never seemed to find the patience to train animals in the way Skye does.

Family/Relationships: Twin to Shade

CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS

• Friendship:
    ♦ = Stranger
    ♦♦ = Acquaintance
    ♦♦♦ = Friends
    ♦♦♦♦ = Best Friends
    ♦♦♦♦♦ = Like Family

Romance: (MUST HAVE MINIMUM ♦♦ TO START)
    ♥♥ = Admirer
    ♥♥♥ = Crush
    ♥♥♥♥ = Love Interest
    ♥♥♥♥♥ = Lovers (Boyfriend/Girlfriend)
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ = Soulmates (Husband/Wife) (Only available after marriage)

Skye
    Shade
    Alexis
    Sam
    Prudence
    Fawn
    Kaleb
    Ryder
    Clover
    Fabrice
    Ryan
    Kerr
    Milli
    Avery

• Shade ♦♦♦♦♦
    Alexis ♦
    Sam ♦♦
    Prudence
    Fawn ♦♦♦
    Kaleb ♦♦
    Ryder ♦♦♦
    Clover ♦
    Fabrice ♦
    Ryan ♦♦
    Kerr ♦♦
    Milli ♦♦
    Avery ♦♦

• Skye ♦♦♦♦♦
    Alexis ♥♥
    Sam ♦♦
    Prudence ♦♦♦♦
    Fawn ♦♦♦
    Kaleb ♦♦♦
    Ryder ♦♦
    Clover ♦
    Fabrice ♦
    Ryan ♦♦♦
    Kerr ♦
    Milli ♦♦
    Avery ♦♦♦

• Shade ♥♥
    Skye ♦♦
    Sam ♦♦♦
    Prudence ♦♦
    Fawn ♦♦
    Kaleb ♦♦♦♦
    Ryder ♦♦♦
    Clover ♦♦
    Fabrice ♦
    Ryan ♦♦
    Kerr ♦

• ================

• ===============

• ==================

• ==================

• Skye ♦♦♦
    Shade ♦♦
    Alexis ♦♦♦
    Sam ♦♦
    Prudence ♦♦
    Fawn ♦♦
    Kaleb ♦♦
    Clover ♦♦
    Fabrice ♦
    Ryan ♦♦
    Kerr ♦

• ===================

• =================

• Skye ♦♦
    Shade ♦♦♦
    Alexis ♦♦
    Sam ♦♦
    Prudence ♦♦♦
    Fawn ♦♦
    Kaleb ♦♦
    Clover ♦♦
    Fabrice ♦
    Ryder ♦♦
    Kerr

• ===================

• Shade:♦♦
    Skye:♦♦
    Alexis:♦♦
    Sam:♦♦
    Prudence:♦♦
    Fawn:♦♦
    Kaleb:♦♦
    Ryder:♦♦
    Clover:♦♦
    Fabrice:♦
    Ryan:♦♦
    Kerr:♦
    Avery:♦♦♦

• Skye ♦♦
    Shade ♦♦♦
    Alexis ♦♦
    Sam ♦♦♦
    Prudence ♦♦♦
    Fawn ♦♦♦
    Kaleb ♦♦
    Ryder ♦♦♦
    Clover ♥♥
    Fabrice ♦
    Ryan ♦♦♦
    Kerr ♦
    Milli ♦♦♦

Banners in spoiler
2eal2e9.jpg
6to1vr.jpg
2cwk4fm.jpg

kccyg6.jpg
24xkheo.jpg
15egz74.jpg

2dhwetw.jpg
bozr.jpg
357hcfb.jpg

2h6u5ns.jpg
n4v3vt.jpg
msf0gx.jpg

2nss8bl.jpg
5chnja.jpg
hwzdph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are reservations okay? If so, I'd like to reserve the bartender. If not, I'll try to get up a sheet soon. xD

Yes by all means!

Bartender Reserved by Kimsim12

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
If we don't get tons of interest, I'd be down for you and I and maybe one or two more people playing multiple characters, with two mains each and the rest more NPC's :)

Reactions: Rae
This looks neat, I'd like to reserve Inn Keeper

Peachy! :D

Inn keeper reserved by Rithas

Oh man. I might play. Maybe.

Lol well let us know if you make up your mind? :P

Im probably going to use my old characters because I never got to play them fully :( I'll make new reference images though :)

vfioud.jpg

Name: Skye Lumina
Title: Horse Rancher/ Cat & Dog breeder and Trainer
Family/Relationships: Twin to Shade
Living Location: Lumina Ranch, on the skirts of the forest.

Personality: Being a twin, Skye has always struggled to gain independence. She share's her brother's love for nature and has chosen to work in the field of training and breeding work animals for local farms. Her horses are well bred and good for working the fields. Her hounds herd cattle with the best of them, and her felines are trained to control small pests and assist in poultry herding. Skye puts immense amount of time and love into her animals and as a result, tends to be shy and more closed off from the outside world. She is a kind, caring, loving person with a heart of gold. Though she struggles in the social world, she is a faithful friend to any who get close enough to her.

Backstory: Skye and Shade were born and raised in the small mountain town. Their farm has been passed down through their family for many generations, and has thrived off the nutrient rich soil of the forest. When the twins turned 18, their parents signed the farm's deed over to them and went to travel the world in search of knowledge and experiences. They visit once in a while but all in all the twins are alone. Though the pair share many common interests, they have great differences too. Neither of the pair are fond of chickens, as a mean hen from their childhood spent many summers chasing them around the farm when they tried to collect eggs. Skye is passionate about her herd of horses and her witty cats and dogs, and would greatly prefer their company over that of cattle, which she finds to be clumsy and much less intelligent. Shade, on the other hand, lives to raise his cattle herds. He takes great pride in his dairy cows and alpacas, but never seemed to find the patience to train animals in the way Skye does.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Horses, dogs, cats, flowers, home cooking, and walks through the forest.
Dislikes: Chickens, eggs, gemstones, and insects.
In game birthday: Winter 10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Name: Shade Lumina
Title: Cattle & Livestock Rancher
Family/Relationships: Twin to Skye
Living Location: Lumina Ranch, on the outskirts of the forest

Personality: Shade is the more outgoing of the Lumina twins, he enjoys spending evenings down at the inn after long days of work and drinking with his friends. He has a deep appreciation for music and will often play his flute for his livestock herds to calm them in the evenings. He loves his sister dearly and is extremely protective over her, although he does wish she would open up to people a little more. Shade has a playful heart and a straight head; he is dedicated to his work and is keen on good organisation and time management. Shade's love of sociality mixes in with his want of a family of his own one day. He's openly seeking a kind woman, but doesn't allow it to control his thoughts or schedule too much. He lives strongly under the idea that with hard work, kindness, and honesty, a person can live a fulfilled life, no matter what their situation.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Cattle, milk, wool, hand-made gifts, flutes, and song birds.
Dislikes: Chickens, eggs, spicy foods, and ores.
In game birthday: Winter 10​

@Soulserenity20

Lol. I want to play, I just have to make sure I'll have time.

Oh also. After reading your rules more thoroughly, I need to clarify part of site policy for you: Back-and-forth sex scenes even in spoilers are only allowed in group RPs where all players are in the same age group (not just the pairs doing it). But people can always do out-take smutty scenes in the age-locked one-on-one forums or over convo. :] Fade-to-black and some sexual situations are okay here though.

Oh wow. I was unaware. I had asked Diane at one point about sex scenes in my other cross-age-group RP and from what I recall, she had said that it had to be kept in spoilers and as long as no under age players were taking part in it it was okay.

I'll PM her to ask again though to make sure.

(I really didn't expect smut in this RP But I always have to clarify for when we get those... er... over enthusiastic folk :P)

@Soulserenity20

Oh, I might be outdated on policy because occasionally it changes a bit. o___o I was on hiatus from Staff for a while. Check with Diana to be sure. (I will too.)

Meanwhile, I think I can proooobably swing time to post in this and I fucking love Harvest Moon, so. Gonna work on a character. Do you have any jobs you would definitely NOT accept, just out of curiosity? Like doctor or mayor or anything like that?

You could absolutely be a doctor, even a Mayor. Though I expect anyone who wants to be a mayor to play fairly and not try and be all huffy and above other players, you know? Im sure you won't, but its just a general statement about anyone wishing to be a mayor if you end up not doing so.

Roles I absolutely won't accept:
Witch
Goddess
Oracle
Harvest Sprites
Harvest King
Any other magical being :)

Witches who are just witches by trade, like, not real witches are acceptable. The ones like... the pink haired woman from Rune Factory 2.... lol.

But yeah, If i can think of anything else I'll let you know. Were you thinking of doing a doctor or a mayor?

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
Oh, and I recommend you all try and make either a HM char from an HM char maker, or find a HM style character reference. And not some fanart that's super realistic <3 Try and keep it traditional HM if we could <3

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
@Soulserenity20

Yeah, I might do doctor or mayor. Maybe both since we're allowed two characters.

OH MY GOD AND SWEET BABY JESUS YOU BROUGHT THIS BACK.

Praise you. *crying*

I know I've been all sorts of wishy washy in your past rps but I was super into this when you made it the first time around. It would never pass up a good harvest moon rp! I don't have my old character sheet though, so I'll probably just make a new character if that's alright? If you'll have me? ; w ;

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Reference Image: Picture
Name: Ryan Llorn
Home: Lives in the Inn, Which is situated in the middle of the tiny village.
Personality: Subtle, Lazy, Cunning, Dreamy, Passive

Ryan would swear that he would love nothing more to sleep all day and do in general nothing. Widely known for his generally reluctance to do anything that has a hint of hard labour. Some might think that he is a bit slow, simply because he tends to stare at nothing for most of the day (As well as zoned out in the middle of a conversation). But this is entirely because he is completely comfortable with this. It is known to be hard to bring a reaction out of Ryan that isn't a blank stare or a mild grumble.

Ryan has a large sense of humour, but most of this is sadly missed due to his tendency to not change his voice or face from complete deadpan. Also known to be largely capable to skimp other people out of their money. Often getting away with not paying for small things.

History: Born the only child of the two respected innkeepers. Ryan had largely been brought up in mind of inheriting the Inn, as it is a family run business. Throughout his childhood, he was simply made the errand boy for supplies. He didn't have any bad feelings about becoming the owner, aside from the work. Which, now that he had officially became the owner due to his two parents retiring. Some would say he is slacking and not taking his work seriously, but he gets there. Eventually.

Family/Relationships:
- Two parents who are renowned throughout the valley as hard-working and kind souls.

Dislikes: Dogs, Insects, Chickens, Cattle, Work, Noise

Birthday: 1st of Winter

(Apparently Images refuse to work, so hopefully that's good enough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.