HARVEST MOON: Life in Moonrise Valley [IC]

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

• Autumn 07, 9:30am-10:00am
    Weather: Light Rain, Warm Forecast
  • 118m6ip.jpg

Deep in the Woods of Memories there lies a small mountain village, flourishing off the industry of the town. Moonrise Village is filled with the bustling souls of its youthful community as they work together to sustain their cozy lifestyles on the land of their forefathers. New faces make their appearances from time to time, but one special face hasn't been seen in many years.

The Harvest Goddess, by whose grace the land was gifted bounty and fertility, has left the lands in the hands of the villages. Her magic sustained the mountain village for more than 4 decades but as time passes, the winters grow longer and the other seasons are less vibrant, as if losing their very vitality.

What mischief lurks in Moonrise Valley, and can the townsfolk work together to protect their home from falling to ruin?

[SOON TO BE POSTED]
    -Character face's to be used at the top of each post like an in-game sprite to make it easier to see who's speaking and with whom.

REMEMBER:

Post your character's name, location, and the time of day at the top of the posts. Try and keep the times rather consistent to allow for easier gameplay!

SAMPLE:
    Shade Lumina, Lumina Ranch House, 6:00am

Let's begin our story, shall we?

• 2eal2e9.jpg
    2im6k4i.jpg
    2cwk4fm.jpg

kccyg6.jpg
    24xkheo.jpg
    120tu8x.jpg

2dhwetw.jpg
    bozr.jpg
    357hcfb.jpg

n4v3vt.jpg
    msf0gx.jpg

2nss8bl.jpg
    5chnja.jpg
    hwzdph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabrice Chastain - Town Grocer - 8:30
Fabrice smiled at the polite lady and her response to him but he was feeling that he should take half of the blame for what happened, in the end he also wasn't paying to much attention to where he was walking while looking for what he was wanting to buy. "I guess you can say that." He was thinking about her question about his arrival in the town that happened a few days prior yet he looked for a few moments at her hand. "Nice to meet you miss Fawn, my name is Fabrice." He moved his hand to reach for hers and hold it in a gentle grasp before he placed a soft kiss on the back of it, a action that was engraved in him during his classes of etiquette back in the city and was necessary when a young woman was showing a bright smile to him. "I just moved in the metal workshop placed on top of the mountain and I can say I like this town, it is quiet and calm. If you need something related to the metal and gemstones work, you can visit me any time." He released her hand and noticed that she was arranging the products on the shelves when he bumped in her. "By any chance, are you the shopkeeper ?" He asked with a soft voice while presenting her the basket containing basic ingredients for cooking.​

Reactions: Esmeray
Milli Fiorisa, Pathway ----> Infront of Bakery, 9:43am
5chnja.jpg

" Ah, you're right. Although, aren't you younger than I? "
Milli looked a bit confused. If she was correct he was 20. Speaking of which it was nice he could trust the folks at the inn. She smiled,
" Well um. Shall we start going? " She took his hand and started pulling him along, since the one thing she knew was that he liked to take his time.
" I adore this town, with the beautiful tree and the calm atmosphere, in the city everyone would go their very way and would have no time.... "
She sped up in her walking a bit. " I think mostly everyone is up by now. "

" Do you have Avery deliver your bread? That is his job! " She softly giggled. " Though he gets distracted some of the time. "
She seemed more radiant when talking about her friends and the town compared to herself. Milli enjoyed talking about the town, after all she did choose the town over her birthplace. "Ah I usually just walk there everyday myself, I would feel bad having Avery bring it to me, besides it's much more fun, it gives me a reason to relax and go to the bakery everyday. " She could see the bakery now and let go of Ryan's hand as she turned around to face him. " That reminds me, you're one of the leisure people according to most people. So what do you do during your free time? "
She smiled and tilted her head a bit.

Avery Miller, Beachside Shack, 8:54 AM

Avery let out a hearty laugh as the sleepy fisherman awoke with a start.

"Yo, Ryder! Got your bread, for the day," Avery said, still grinning as he took off his comically large pack and pulled out Ryder's bread box from the top. He pointedly ignored the fisherman's look of flat annoyance. "Might I also interest you in some muffins, or maybe a cinnamon roll?"

He took out some other cardboard boxes, these filled with miscellaneous baked goods that he sold while making deliveries. Even as he hawked his wares, however, the mischievous glint never left his eyes, and he looked to Ryder with a barely restrained curiosity.

"So, I saw Skye coming up from the beach a while back, did she come down to chat?" he mentioned in an offhanded way, though it was clear he'd been waiting to ask from the giddy smile he was trying to hide. "Is she your type, maybe...? C'mon, you can tell me!"

Sticking his nose into other people's affairs, as was usual. He couldn't help it; he wasn't one to gossip, but he had to know what everybody was doing. A bad habit from back in his childhood, where he used to follow all the older kids around town, he supposed. Still, a potential budding romance like this... he knew Ryder was sort of the loner type, even though he was so friendly. The guy just loved to fish. So seeing the fisherman being so open with (and potentially falling for, he secretly hoped) someone like Skye got Avery really excited. He really had to remind himself to stop being such a busybody...

Later, of course.

Last edited:
Clover White, Town Grocer -- Clinic, 9:00 -- 9:30 AM

Clover let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her pink hair, her hold on her basket tightening as she began to walk towards town while looking at every bush and tree she passed by in hopes of finding her cat. She knew her cat will be hiding in a place she haven't completsly explored yet because that's just Mingming's personality so the forest, waterfall and mountain was out of the hidkng places. She also knew her cat wouldn't be hiding in town because she's headed tkwards there so it could only mean one thing: her cat is hiding in the ranches or the beach.

"Oh, Mingming.." she sighed, now standing at the entrance of the town feeling completely torn. She really wanted to find her cat but at the same time, she have errands to do. Should she go and find her cat first? Or run errands? Letting out another sigh, she decided for the latter and began heading towards the town grocer. She believed and knew that Mingming won't be in danger nor won't be lost because her cat is wearing a collar. Besides, she knew Mingming is smart enough to not wander around too much and smart enough to go back home after a couple of hours..right?

Clover tried to push away the worry and guilt gnawing in her chest as she entered the grocer, immediately walking towards the shelves to begin het grocery shopping. She was too occupied thinking about her cat she didn't had the chance to greet nor talk to Fawn nor anyone around the shop. Where did cat had run off to? Is she safe? I hope she haven't eaten any poisionous plants.. Oh, dear.. I should have went after her.. But what about my errands? Uuugh! This is so frustrating! She was in a daze that she didn't even realize that she already paid for the items and was out of the shop. Clover blink for a couple of times before shaking her head and taking a deep breath. "Pull it together, Clover. She'll be fine. She's a smart cat. No harm will come to her" she whispered to herself as reassurance. Mingming is the only family she got and she can't risk losing her. Taking another deep breath, she placed the bag of grocery inside her basket and began walking towards the clinic, hoping to catch Lily so she can give her the herbs​

Last edited:
Ryder Chantilly, Moonrise Beach, 9:30 am
Ryder got up from his seat as he collected the box filled with nice and freshly made bread made from Avery and his mother. As he opened to check the box, he was amazed at the sight of the great and holy bread that was shown before him. He remembers the good smell and the softness from the bread that he eats almost every week. "Smells great. This will hold me for the week. Thanks." He gave a quick bow from his head to Avery as he put down the box on the bench. He was going to put away the box once he finished talking to Avery and got some spare time to go. As Avery tried to nudge Ryder into buying more stuff from him, last week's catch and sales haven't been successful as the last two week. Ryder shook his hand no as he responded. "Sorry Avery, sales have been pretty slow, i'll skip, but if sales improve, i'll see if I can buy some extra snacks for fishing." He gave a small smile to Avery as he finished.

He was afraid he would ask that. While he did enjoy the company of the fair maiden, he wasn't exactly smitten by her personality and her mannerism. He probably was curious about it since Skye comes to visit him during the day and have a nice little chat on some days and he usually sees her on her walk about everyday too. Coming from a mischievous person like Avery, trying to convince him he's not into the maiden would be a bit problematic.

"She came to chat with me today because she threw a stick at my head while playing fetch with her dog." Ryder itched the red bruise on his head, still hurting, but it has starting to heal a little bit, but very slowly. It was then he was reminded about what Skye told him about the strange feeling of winter coming. "...Avery, have you noticed the weather recently? It is suppose to be around the beginning of Fall, but yet, it feels like Winter. Something doesn't feel right recently. Me and Skye were discussing this just before you came to delivery my bread. What do you think it might be?" He asked as he took a glance up in the bright sky. The clouds seemed to have been coming in rather huge chunks lately, could it be that Winter is coming or is it just gonna rain. Before Avery could back to Ryder's question. He heard a sound close to the both of them.

"Meoooow~" The sound of a cat appeared below both Ryder and Avery as a white and fluffy cat sat down near the box of Ryder's delicious and wonderfully made bread. She was eyeing the box as if it was hungry for something to eat. Ryder looked down at the cat and gave a weird face to it. "Well that's new." He said. This is the first time in a year in a half since he saw a cat in the beach. Although this probably wasn't the first time that the cat was at the beach and when it was, Ryder was dozing off. He noticed there was a collar on the cat, meaning she has an owner somewhere in Moonrise Town, either that it's a stray cat. "Got any ideas on who's cat this belongs to?" He asked Avery, kinda forgetting about the other question he asked about him and Skye.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Ryan Llorn, Pathway, 9:45
Ryan let his head fall to the side, "No" He answered. "I am older. Unless you suddenly became 23 overnight. Which would be an impressive feat..." He replied, before yawning and letting Millie take his hand. Seemingly non-bothered by being guided.

"Then again, in the city. They do have a thing called public transport. But I've never been to the city, saying that. I've never travelled out much from this valley." His head was fixed on the sky, seemingly intrigued by the clouds. Whenever he or Millie talked, he would let his head drooped down to look at her.

"It's good that Avery delivers bread. Helping others who are bothered by going down to the bakery." Plus, he regularly enjoyed having a reason to get it for cheaper. "Though if he starts nosing into your business just shove a cut onion in his face" He smiled faintly before looking back to Millie.

"What I do in my freetime?" He thought hard about this. Only interrupted by the duo's footsteps. "This I suppose. And sleeping..." He threw his free hand into the air. "Walking and enjoying Nature. Peaceful and relaxing." And very hard for people to find you.

"Oh..." Searching into his pocket, Ryan brought out two wrapped up sweets. And by wrapped there wasn't a part of it uncovered. Think of it more like a wrapping ball of protection. He showed one to Millie. "Want one?" He stared blankly, "It's lemon flavoured"

ac9d0ccebd6d427fd8fadd70018d7087.jpg

[ Lily | Clinic >> Path| 9:30 ~ 9:35 ]

Interactions: Clover [ @DANAsaur ]
Mentioned: Kaleb & Fawn | Clover

Hopefully, Clover got the letter. Lily didn't own a cellphone, since her old one broke and she didn't want to spend money to buy a new one, as convenient as it was. It only took twenty minutes or so to get up and around the valley, so she didn't see a point in getting one in the first place. Letters were more fun to write too, rather than texting or calling someone. Huh, funny that she came from the city, too. Oh well. For the time being, she thought that maybe she could drop by at the Grocery store and check up on Fawn. Then, she had just remembered that she needed to greet Fawn's brother as well as the other villager! Gosh.. So much to do today. Oh well, it was better than having nothing to do, since everyone in the valley was more or less healthy. Although.. She had made it a habit to check up on other people's health, and this kind of led her to overworking herself sometimes. Oddly enough, she was always able to get right back up and do her job; most likely from the medicines that she owns and mixes for fatigue.

She decided that she should wait at the station first though; seeing that he might be coming over sooner than what's written. She packed up her bag, and hung the CLOSED sign over the clinic. With that, she walked right on out of her house and locked the door. Echo had enough food, and she had left the little rabbit at home for the majority of the day sometimes, so she was sure that they were fine.. But what if little Echo felt lonely?

Biting her lower lip, she ran back and opened the door, picking up the little rabbit in her arms and patting it's head gently. Really, she would feel better with Echo in her arms. She's never even met Kaleb, but no doubt that she would be nervous at first. She was able to get to know Fawn well enough, and hopefully it would be the same with her brother. Lily had initially sought to meet him at the station, and help him back to his house, help him unpack and then let him rest before she could talk to him about the check-ups that she had been instructed to do. The note said check up on him once daily but.. Being the worrywart she was, she was probably going to check on him twice a day. The bag hold the medications that he would need to take for the day; things like pain killers and vitamins. She didn't want to overwhelm him with medications, so she ended up only bringing some protein and painkillers.

"I wonder what he's like.." She mumbled, running down the path with Echo sitting quietly in her arms. The red, silk ribbon with the lace trimming was still around the collar of the rabbit, who appeared pretty content with being carried around.

She wasn't running for too long, until she had seen Clover in the corner of her eye. The young doctor decided to stop in her tracks, and waved one of her arms in the air after seeing Clover walk towards the Clinic. "Clover!" She called out, little Echo in her arms. She hoped that she got her attention..

Mayor Iris Blackmore, Moonrise Manor, 9:40am

The morning had been a charming one, as was the usual for the life of a humble villager. Iris had woken early, taken her time sipping her breakfast tea and nibbling on a croissant before dressing and venturing out into the fields to tend to her rare, prized animals. The Zebu, yak-like cattle she had acquired from the north, were lively in the mornings and she loved to spend time grooming them as they grazed under the rising sun. She let the great beasts out, size of them total, and breathed in the fresh air. Moving to the small hut nestled between her home and the barn, she opened the latch and let the door swing, releasing a warm air from the heated interior. From within, 4 angora rabbits and 6 black ducks chattered and made their way out into the warming air.

"Off you go little one," she said as she gently nudged one of the rabbits who had stopped to gather affection from its owner. "Time for that later when I groom you." The little creature moved along and made its way out to the grass to nibble and graze with the other animals. The ducks quickly found their place in a cool pond in the southern corner of the field and as Iris stood up, dusting the earth from her dark, plum work pants, she looked out across the field, considering her chores for the day.

Having set out to work, the time seemed to fly by and as the clock neared ten, she was nearing the last of her day's work. She sat nestled into the grass near the cool, clear pond, with the smallest
rabbit in her lap, brushing out its long fur and freeing it of the persistent knots that threatened to claim the beautiful coat. It was then that she heard the sound of barking and running footsteps.

"Hmm, sounds like someone is in a rush." The mayor smiled, enjoying the guessing game she was playing of who was late for what. Perhaps Avery was late on his morning deliveries? Or perhaps Clover was chasing her clever cat again.

She soon would discover that it was neither. In fact, it was one of her neighbors, Skye Lumina, and she wasn't running after something, rather towards something - the Mayor's estate! Getting up and walking forward briskly to meet the rushing woman, Iris gently pet the rabbit she still held in her hands. "Skye? What's the matter? Is everything alright?"

Milli Fiorisa, Infront of Bakery, 9:43am
5chnja.jpg

Milli finally noticed how he had to look down, her face turned red, that and now she felt uncomfortable because he was older. She was more flexible dealing with men younger than her, just because she had practice with Avery. Then again he was a bit.... Different. In a good way of course, she told herself. After all he was quite adorable. Compared to Ryan he was less difficult. Maybe he wouldn't be so bad. Age shouldn't matter! Right?
She giggled when he mentioned shoving a cut onion in Avery's face, although she couldn't do that, after all that would create more work for Lily, also that would prove inconveniences to Avery's mother.

" Yes I guess, enjoying nature is pretty good but sometimes you have to do some work in order for the nature to prosper. " The red disappeared from her face as she looked at the bakery. " The bakery is so colorful. " She looked down at the floor and smiled a bit sadly.
"Oh... Want one? It's lemon flavored. " Milli's eyes started to sparkle. " Y-Yes please! " She took it from Ryan as she twirled, " Th- "
She stopped mid sentence as her eyes 'lost light' and she looked upset. " S-Shut up Shawn! I hate you! " Before Ryan knew it a lemon sweet hit him. " A-Ah. "
She blinked as a red mark started to form on Ryan's cheek. " I-I. " Her brother flashed into her mind as tears started to form. Getting close to someone is no good. Especially Ryan, he reminded her too much of her brother. She turned around and wiped away the tears. She almost said in a whisper, " I'm going to get my bread. "

She silently clutched her bag of bread as she came out at least 30 seconds later. It didn't take long since Avery's mother knew she was coming and she came at mostly the same time everyday. His mom didn't say anything about what happened even though she was watching, just handed the bag and waved as she left. Like mother like son.

" Ryan I'm sorry. " She didn't- couldn't look Ryan in the face anymore. Like their friendship everything happened so fast. A few minutes ago they met. A few minutes later their friendship was probably going to crash down. " I'll treat you next time. " Her voice became quieter than before.
" I adore lemon candies I just don't know what happened with me then. Thank you for keeping me company. " She dug inside her pocket and held out a walkie talkie of some sort as she took Ryan's hand and placed it into his hand. " It's easier to communicate like this, my parents shipped it over the mail for my conversation purposes. " She paused. " I'm going to have tea in the afternoon if you'd like to join me. " She walked a few steps passing him without looking at him. She looked back at him, " Again, Ryan I'm sorry. "

Then she screwed up good. She. Tripped. The one moment when she wasn't looking at the floor. Milli you're brilliant! She picked up her bag of bread as she brushed off the dirt on her skirt and sat up wincing once. She looked a bit concerned as she felt a rip in her skirt. She didn't dare look back, after all she just screwed up her exit and maybe her friendship. She has screwed up four times in a row, things were not going her way today. She got up and ripped her sleeve as she covered up her knee, she had to know how to patch up some things. She could turn backwards and head back to the bakery, but she really didn't want to look, or face Ryan. She stood up but her knee was sending an 'electric like shock' up her body. She stumbled and fell over once again. " Come on Milli just stand up. Your house is not that far. " She muttered. The again one loaf of bread was ruined which meant one less treat for the chickens, they'd probably be okay though. They weren't ridiculously crabby chickens.

Her knee wasn't that bad she nagged herself over and over but yet she just couldn't get up. She was frustrated with herself, she couldn't make friends, she couldn't even walk correctly. Where was Clover when you need her? She for sure wasn't going to expect Ryan to do anything so once again she pushed herself up and forced herself to stand determined as she winced and took two steps and leaned on the trees as she carefully started walking making sure the bread didn't drop and she didn't trip again.

Clover White, Path, 9:35 AM

The sound of her name being called made Clover turn around, smiling widely as she saw who it was. Lily and Clover go way back and its still amaze her how their friendship persevere after so many years. She could still remember how they met during their travels and how quickly they became friends. They treated each other like sisters and was inseparable until Clover needed to move away for college and they went to their separate waysn from then on, she thought their sisterly bond was broken and forgotten since they haven't got any contact during those years but lo and behold! They found each other again in Moonrise Valley! Since then, Clover and Lily was once again inseperable and continued to treat each other like sisters.

"Good morning Lily!" Clover greeted enthusiastically, smiling even wider and brighter than before. "I brought catnip today. Mingming and I was out in the forest as usual and found it. I just thought I'll give you some in case you need it" She rummaged through her basket until she found the bag of catnip, handing it to Lily before she noticed Echo in the doctor's arms. Just seeing the rabbit immediately reminded her of Mingming but quickly shook it off. Clover is an optimistic person! She's certain Mingming is okay.

"Oh hi, Echo. Still as fluffy as ever I see" Clover greeted, petting the fluffy rabbit for a little while before focusing solely on Lily "So, you're going out! Where are you off to? Not going to the forest without me, I hope~"

Last edited:
ac9d0ccebd6d427fd8fadd70018d7087.jpg

[ Lily | Path | 9:35 ]

Mentioned: Kaleb @Vio

Clover seemed to have heard her call out, smiling brightly seeing that she had found her. They both became friends through their shared love for plants, and the two of them have been close ever since! Lily had run towards her, only to stop not too far so that they could speak to each other. "Good morning to you as well!" She chimed, her eyes wandering to the catnip.

When Clover had given it to her, she nodded happily. Clover was one of the people she could talk to without a problem, seeing that she was fairly more outgoing towards her in comparison to the other villagers.
"Thank you! How is Mingming doing? If there's anything you need, I'm always in town, unless I'm out in the forest with you." She said, taking the bag of cat heaven and neatly placing into a free spot in her bag. She was actually surprised that Mingming wasn't with Clover today; had something happened? But then again, Clover could have just left the adorable furrball at home.

Echo seemed happy woth bow she was being pet, far too occupied with the hand rubbing her tiny little head.
"Aww, you know I wouldn't go to the forest wothout you! I'm going to see a boy." She replied, pretty casually and absent mindedly. Then she had processed what she just said. Her face had flushed a light pink from embaressment, waving her hands back and forth and shook her head. "I-I didn't mean that way! H-he's one of my new patients, and I need to greet him and um.."

Her face was still pretty pink from making such a stupid mistake, and she prayed that Clover wouldn't say anything about it, or hold it against her to tease her about it. If she did, Lily would have to crack a plan to get back at her. It'll take a while.

Ryan Llorn, Infront of Bakery, 9:45am
Giving her one of the sweets, Ryan went back to focus on solving the complex contraption that was the wrapper. So when he suddenly got hit in the face with the sweet, He dropped his. Before looking back up at Millie. He moved one of his hands gently to the mark. "Ow" He finally responded, a few moments afterwards.

Somewhat confused, He simply watched as Millie went into the bakery. There seemed to be no full context to what just happened. "Now I have to get more..." He sighed to himself.

As Millie walked out, Ryan looked with his usual blank expression. One might think that he looked somewhat unhappy, but that was just the look Ryan always had on him. Taking the walkie-talkie He listened to what Millie had to say. He wondered what she was sorry about, well, aside from taking his sweet and then just throwing it back in his face. He wasn't kidding about the onion, he actually did that sometimes.

Seeming busy with looking at the clouds, Ryan waved gently in Millie's direction. "Okay, afternoon tea sounds nice" Important Inn matters, some would say.

He glanced in her direction when she fell, but she seemed determined to be walk by herself. He wasn't going to interrupt her.

He supposed he could just continue his walk, the last thing he was doing was going back to the Inn. He looked down at his hands, when he realized something he sighed. "She still has my book...."

Skye Lumina & Iris Blackmore, Moonrise Manor, 10:00am

Skye sat on the grass with the mayor who held a large, fluffy bunny in her lap, quietly nibbling on a home-baked snack while Iris brushed out its fur lovingly. For the last half an hour, Skye had been explaining what she had seen at the Tree of Seasons and voicing her concerns about the future of the town. The mayor had listened carefully and taken each word seriously, never showing any doubt that what Skye said was true.

"I think the entire town has noticed changes. For the last two years our winters have been colder than usual and this year... well, each season has been just a little shorter than you'd expect. Spring grew warmer on the 25th, Summer grew colder on the 20th, and even now, at the very beginning of Autumn the winds are colder than usual."

She gave the rabbit a gentle pat and sent it on its way. "Good for my furry little friends from the North. Not so good for our vibrant little farming community."

Skye nodded, looking out across the field, lost in thought as she listened to the Mayor's word. "So what do we do? This feels
so... beyond us.
"

"Well, don't worry about feeling powerless just yet. I'll call a town meeting this evening and we'll see what we can come up with all together. In fact, perhaps you could have that hound of yours run out some fliers? I'll bring them by around noon and we'll get the word out."

Skye nodded, feeling comforted by the Mayor's sureness. "Okay... we'll do that then." She stood up, mirrored by her four-legged companion. "Thank you, Iris. I'll see you in a while. I'll be at the ranch, check the house and if I'm not there I'll be in the barn."

"I'll see you then, dear."

Clover White, Path, 9:35 -- 9:45 AM

"Oh, Mingming's fine. In fact, that cat decided to play hide and seek today so I'm planning on searching for her after this" Clover replied, smiling positively and optimistically. She knew she'll eventually find her cat. If not, well, she's certain someone will return the cat to her. Everyone in Moonrise Valley is kind and owns a pure heart. She's certain that no one will take Mingming away from her.

Clover's ears perked up as soon as she heard where or rather, who Lily is going to visit. She couldn't help but smile teasingly, giggling a little at how flustered the doctor is. "Oooh~ a boy, huh? Didn't know you're crushing on someone, Lil. And a patiend of yours too. I wonder if you did a full..physical exam with him~" she teased and giggled as she poked Lily's red cheek, finding him utterly adorable when flushed. "You know that I'm not against you being in a relationship but pleeeease be careful! I don't want to be an aunt soon~"

Clover giggled even more before trying to compose herself, finally clearjng her throat as a sigh of her done with the teasing. As much as she wanted to see Lily as a blushing mess, she decided to stop before the doctor got mad at her. Clover then took both of Lily's hand in hers and stared straight into her eyes before speaking seriously and softly. She wanted to let Lily feel what she's feeling about this boy, and she hopes she follows her advice "Lily, if you're crushing on someone please tell me. I want to see and perhaps talk to him so I can make sure he's fit for you. You know I don't want you getting hurt" Its true. Clover doesn't want to see Lily getting hurt or it will break her heart. Lily is like a family to her and she treasures her deeply. Seeing her hurt is just unacceptable! She vowed to herself a year ago that she will never let any harm come near to her family or else all hell will break lose.

As Clover was about to speak again, she heard her stomach grumble and immediately remembered Mingming. She really need to find that cat before the baker arrives for the delivery. "Oh dear, look at the time. I must be going now. I need to find Mingming or else I'll miss the bread delivery! I'll come visit you later, okay?" Clover hastily kissed Lily's cheek before patting Echo goodbye, quickly walking down the path afterwards.

Her first destination on her quest of finding the cat was the beach. Its the only logical place Mingming would go besides the ranch because a) the cat loves the water and b) it loves fish. Besides, if her cat isn't on the beach then Clover can just visit the ranch on her way home. "Please be on the beach.. I don't want to miss the bread"

[ Lily | Path ~ Bus Stop | 9:35 ~ 10:00 ]
Waiting for: Kaleb [ @Vio ]
The brunette's face had lit up just a light more when Clover had decided to tease her about it. Of course, Clover always knew how to poke fun at Lily, which more often leads to Lily being at loss of words from being so flustered. "Tha- That's not.." She replied, trying to hide her face, which was close to being red as a beet. This girl was really prone to blushing, which made her almost easy to read as a book. The fact that Clover had literally poked her didn't help either, and she was this close to burying her face in her hands in attempts to hide her embarrassment. Yes, all of her attempts had failed. She really did not know how to respond to Clover when she was the one being teased, and she was probably the equivalent to a turtle retreating back into her shell for cover. "I-I haven't even met him yet!" She replied, her face beginning to flush even more when Clover mentioned a physical exam. She would probably have to do that, but only for the man's back from what she was told...

God dang it Lily, pull yourself together! You're a grown woman now!
That didn't help.

She quickly shook her head to dismiss any stray thoughts, and it would appear as though Clover decided to stop torturing Lily with the teasing and all. Although, one look at the two, and you would think that Clover were older than Lily. It was seriously times like these where the truth was vise-versa of that thought. However, seeing that Clover was serious when talking to Lily about relationships and all, she could only offer a rather warm yet weak smile, since that was the most that she could muster up at the moment due to recovering. "Alright.. Alright. Only if you promise to do the same for me as well, alright? If there's any guy who you fancy, you need to tell me! I don't want to see you getting hurt any more than you would want to see me hurt." Or else she'll poison them No, Lily wouldn't do that. Where in the fluff did that idea come from anyways? Oh well.. It was the thought that counts, right?

She giggled a bit when she heard Clover's stomach rumble, reaching into her bag to pull out a small bag of cookies that she made the other day. They were chocolate cookies, with pieces of milk chocolate with that shell around them in it. "Here, you can't find Mingming on a complete empty stomach." She said, giving Clover the ziplock bag of sweets. It contained little bite-sized cookies, so it would have been a good snack. ".. Weird. I'm a doctor, and yet I"m giving you chocolate cookies." She must have been the most hypocritical doctor ever, but at least she never told people not to eat junk food or sweets. She would probably also hate herself if she told others that.

Waving her off, Lily scrambled back on track, running to the drop-off area. Problem was.. She didn't know if he were coming on bus or if he were taking a boat of some sort. She assumed that he would have taken the bus, and ran right to the bus stop, then sat at the bench there. While sitting, she was really feeling a little anxious and fidgety. She had decided to come see him in person, to pick him up and all, but she could have just dropped off a note to him at his door, telling him to see her at the clinic. Most people would have done that, but Lily would most likely feel bad if she did. I mean, the guy just came back from rehab, he needed someone to help him out. She started petting Echo a little bit more, and her hazel eyes wandered down warily. "H-He can't be that bad, right? I mean, he's Fawn's sibling, and they were both raised well. I-I'm sure he's not that bad." She spoke, appearing as though she were talking to the bunny. In reality, she were talking to herself, and used Echo as an excuse for that.

Sorry, Echo.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Apr 01 17-36-20.png
    Screenshot at Apr 01 17-36-20.png
    79 KB · Views: 44
Avery Miller, Moonrise Beach, 9:45 ~ 10:00 AM
Avery waved away the fisherman's apologies. "No problem, dude, I know sales get pretty shaky with winter coming up. Still, you know where to find me if you're ever craving!"

He had noticed the rather large bump on Ryder's forehead, he'd just decided not to say anything about it.

"Huh, so that's what happened... Hey, don't try and change the subject on me!" Avery said with a small pout, "Though, since there's no incriminating evidence, yet... I guess I'll let you off the hook, this time."

He grinned, content to let the issue pass, for now.

"Anyways," he continued, "yeah, I was talking to the Mayor about that, yesterday. She said-"

Avery paused and scratched his head, smile leaving his face momentarily as he looked up in thought. What did she say, again?

"Uh, she said... I forgot what she said. Well, I'm sure she'll make an announcement about it soon, right? I don't really know what's going on, but she probably knows what to do."

And like that, the smile returned, the boy laughing at his own forgetfulness. Just then, a small mewling sounded from below them, and he looked down to catch sight of Mingming, purring happily next to Ryder's box of bread.

"Ah, that's Mingming," he said, and reached down to stroke its' fur, "She's Clover's cat. Speaking of Clover, I don't see her, anywhere." Avery looked down the shoreline, but there was no Clover in sight; Mingming must've decided to run off again. The cat in question just continued to purr, but kept looking at the box of bread, seemingly enchanted by the smell.

"C'mon, I already gave you some bread, yesterday. If you eat too much of it, you're gonna get fat," Avery said with the sternest look he could muster, but it was getting increasingly harder to resist the cat's big, glossy eyes and constant purring. There was a visible effort to resist the cat's charms, but, in the end, he was a goofy, smiling mess.

"Aww, fine, just a bit won't hurt. Just don't tell Clover."

Taking a muffin out of one of the other boxes, he broke off a piece and held it out for the cat, who promptly gave it a curious sniff and scarfed it down, giving a satisfied meow before scampering off.

"Hey, be grateful! That's coming out of my paycheck!" Avery called after it. He shook his head, before breaking the muffin in half and handing a piece to Ryder.

"Well, you might as well take this," he said with a grin, biting into the other half, "On me." He glanced down at his watch as he ate, and almost spit out his muffin when he did.

"Aw, shoot! It's almost 10! Sorry Ryder, gotta run, I'll catch you next time," he said. Avery shoved the rest of the muffin into his mouth as he gathered up his bakery boxes, stuffing them into his backpack before slinging it over his shoulders and taking off. Just like him to lose track of the time, huh? He'd have to start running to stay on schedule... As he ran back up the path from the beach to his house, however, he saw two people standing outside: Milli and Ryan, by the looks of it. Pretty odd, seeing the two of them, together. Or seeing Milli with anyone, for that matter. He was just about to call out to them when he noticed something else that was odd.

"Is Milli... limping?" he thought, brow furrowing just a bit. It wouldn't have been the first time that she'd tripped and fallen, but still... he hustled over to the scene.

"Morning Ryan," he greeted, jogging over, "Milli, you alright?" One look at the damage on her knee told him the answer to that, though, as there was blood already seeping through the makeshift bandage that was covering it. Her knees were shaking from the effort of standing up; it must've been a rough fall.

"Woah, that looks bad. Here, let me help you to your house," he said, offering his shoulder for her to lean on. The fact that Ryan hadn't helped her out already bugged him a little, but getting Milli back to her house to rest came first. Maybe she'd had one of her 'meltdowns' in front of him. He knew how much she beat herself up over them, though; he wouldn't ask, yet.​

kccyg6.jpg

Setting: Grocer, 8:30 ----> 10:00
Mood: Occupied & Excited
Interactions: Fabrice @Frey
Mentions: Shade, Skye, Fabrice, Grandparents, Lily

~~~~~~~~~~

"Like the air freshener?" Fawn teased as a cheeky smile spread across her face. Fawn had always been the playful type, if there are any chances to tease someone she took them. It's lead her into more trouble than good, but after living in the valley for so many years the other residents have grown accustomed to her antics. She then chuckled softly as she held up her hand and waved it side to side. "I'm kidding! It's nice to meet you."

When Fabrice kissed the back of her hand, she immediately had it withdrawn. Feeling a tad bit uncomfortable she ran a hand through her pony tail and brought it up and over her shoulders. She fiddled with it as a small bush crept unto her pale cheeks, but she attempted to remain clam. "Ah, I like gems so maybe I'll stop by. That's awfully close to where my brother stays as well. Speaking of which I ought to get back to tending the store, if I finish everything early I will be able to meet with him at the bus-station." She turns her back to him and quickly returns to organizing the shelving in front of her.

"Yes, I am the shop keeper today. My grandparents are the owner, so I help them take care of the store. They've done a lot for me so it's the least I can do to repay them. Anyways, I really need to get back to work so I will talk to you later. Okay?" She gave the man a small wave before leaving him to do his shopping. She decided to go restock some of the shelves, and spent the rest of the hour trying to get work done. She saw Shade at some point and briefly chatted with him for pleasantries. She reminded him that Kaleb was returning home shortly, and to have him and Skye come visit whenever they weren't busy. After a long while of prepping the store, her grandparents finally returned from what ever business arrangement the made today. Knowing that Kaleb was returning home, they decided to momentarily close the store so they could go to the docks to welcome him home. When Fabrice, Shade, and whomever else finally finished their shopping the three of them locked up the store with a sign stating that the store was temporarily closed. Fawn's golden locks danced in the wind as she and her family made their way up the path to the bus stop. Eventually running into Lily along the way.

[ Lily | Path ~ Docks | 10:00 ~ 10:15 ]
Interactions: Fawn [ @Vio ]
Waiting for: Kaleb
Lily was drawing pictures in the ground, or just digging her shoe into the surface. Rather, she was both nervous and excited to meet Fawn's brother. She had heard that he was attacked by a bear the year prior she moved in, and to be honest, she was pretty worried about him before even meeting him. I mean, anyone would. So she made sure that she should see him twice a day rather than one, also considering that winter would be soon approaching. A couple minutes had already passed at the docks, and she could just barely make out the shape of a boat in the distance. What Clover had said still bothered her slightly, causing her to hide her face with her hand, moving away some of her bangs. "Ah.. I'm terrible." She mumbled to herself, patting the rabbit a few times. It wasn't long until she heard some footsteps looking to the side and finding Fawn, along with her grandparents, walking to the docks as well. Lily put a smile on her face to greet them, staying seated on the bench that was placed by the boardwalk.

"Good morning, Fawn! How are you?" The female asked, smiling brightly in her direction. Lily occasionally came over to the Grocer to check on Fawn's grandparents' health, and her own health. She also came over to buy herbs and plants, and food. They probably came over to wait for Kaleb as well, and it didn't really surprise her. "Have you been taking your medicine? Eating healthy?" She asked, once the trio had made it up closer to her. Lily had always been a worrywart, unintentionally nosy but never the less had a good heart. She didn't want to ask too much, since the last thing that they would probably want to hear is suggestions for health and all. She much preferred it if she could speak to the entire family about the health and appointments later on, but they had the Grocer to run.

As usual, Lily was wearing her casual clothing, save the bag that she used for medical purposes. Think of it as a convenient first-aid kit, with medications, bandages and even a cast. Hey, you never know when you might need one. She always carried it around when she was going to meet a new patient who couldn't come over to the clinic anyways. Huh, it was still so different here; she was too used to the city. Though, seeing Fawn and her grandparents come up, kind of made her feel out of place. You know; it was suppose to be a whole family reunion, and here she was this close to possibly messing it up or ruining it.

Ryder Chantilly, Moonrise Beach, 10:30 am
Ryder smiled as he was always welcome to come visit Avery and his mom for more baked goods. "I apprentice it." He took a small loaf and took a bite out of it. The bread was filled with sweetness as Ryder tasted it. It was soft on the inside and crispy in the inside. The same old taste Ryder enjoys from the bakery. "Good as always." He smiled. as he ate it. It seemed liek while Avery was still suspcious of the two, he seemed to have easily given up trying to interrogate him. With let out a sigh of relief under his nose.

"So Iris seemed to be aware of this situation too." He said. "We'll probably have a Town Meeting to discuss about it no doubt." He seemed frustrated. He wasn't sure what Iris would have planned for the situation at hand. Thinking of the Tree of Seasons, he wonders if anyone might've already found out what's causing the sudden changes of seasons so quickly. Perhaps Ryder would need to check out the Tree of Season and see it for himself.

"Huh. So it's Clover's cat huh." Ryder said. He did remember at one point that during his weekly deliver a few weeks back, he seemed to talk about Clover 'quite' alot recently. Wasn't sure if he admired the cute girl or if he just likes the girl's personality as a friend. He was going to ask about her in a similar way to when he asked about him and Skye, but Ryder isn't the type of person to really interrogate people who might be in love with someone. Ryder watched as Avery fed the cat a small loaf of a fresh, baked muffin from his box. As the cat gulped it down. It seemed to have ran off somewhere as it had a good meal. As Avery gave him half of a muffin, he took it and looked at it. It was a blueberry muffin. He never did hav a blueberry muffin before so it would probably be a new experience for him. "Thanks Avery." He replied back as he took a bite from it.

It tasted really good for Ryder as the sweetness and intense and tangy taste alongside the soft bread from the muffin hit hard on Ryder, but in a good way This is...really good! Ryder was surprised on how good a blueberry muffin tasted like for the first time and wouldn't mind getting more of these later. As Avery starts to leave due to eing behind schedule, Ryder gave him a quick farewell by waving his hand and shouting "See you later Avery!" as he was leaving. With Avery gone, Ryder can now get back to fishing.

"Meoooow~" Nope. Guess the cat wasn't finished yet. Ryder wanted to just go back to his shack and hit the sack, but he needed to try to get a fish today if possible.

"What do you want now?" He asked in a disgusted way, he just wanted to get some peace and quiet today and enjoy the scenery, but it seems like today is filled with so much distractions. The cat looked at Ryder's box on the bench, asking for me. "I'm pretty sure Avery just fed you. Why not head back to Clover and bug her." He scratched the back of his head. The cat wasn't giving up anytime soon. It wanted more and it ain't leaving til it gets more. Ryder shrugged and took out a very small piece of a loaf of bread and gave it to Mingming. "Here you go Mingmong." Ryder gave the small piece of bread to Mingming, not realizing he said her name wrong. After the cat devoured the small piece of bread. The cat gave a satisfying meow and walked over to the water. Ryder wondered what it was doing there. Was it just waiting for something to happen. Or was it looking for something.

Before long, the cat pounced into the water and grabbed something. As whatever Mingming caught was thrashing around in the cat's paw. Mingming desperately held on to it for dear life. After it stopped, Mingming delivered the object to Ryder as he was shocked.

A 13 inch Largemouth Bass

Ryder couldn't believe it. The fish actually caught a fish for him, she must've been paying him back for the small loaf of bread he gave to her. Ryder was excited and impressed at the same time. "I didn't know you were good at catching fish. I wonder if Clover could let me borrow you every now and then so that I would have more fish for the winter." He couldn't imagine what Ryder and Mingming could do together in catching all the fishes in the sea. It would help boost Ryder's sale for his store. Everything was starting to come together for Ryder.​

Dear Resident,

I'm writing to inform you of a village meeting to be held tonight
at the Inn. The meeting will commence at 6:15pm, though I
recommend you arrive at 6:00pm.

The meeting will discuss the elephant in the room over the last
few years - and more especially, the last few weeks - regarding
the absence of the Goddess and the changes being reported
concerning the Tree of Seasons.

All citizens are expected to attend and take part in this very
important discussion about the future of our town.

Sincerely,

Mayor Iris Blackmore

P.S. Again, the meeting is at 6:15pm at the Inn.
Each resident would find a letter placed on their step between 12:00pm and 3:00pm that day.