HARVEST MOON: Life in Moonrise Valley [IC]

S

Soulserenity20

Original poster

• Autumn 07, 9:30am-10:00am
    Weather: Light Rain, Warm Forecast
  • 118m6ip.jpg

Deep in the Woods of Memories there lies a small mountain village, flourishing off the industry of the town. Moonrise Village is filled with the bustling souls of its youthful community as they work together to sustain their cozy lifestyles on the land of their forefathers. New faces make their appearances from time to time, but one special face hasn't been seen in many years.

The Harvest Goddess, by whose grace the land was gifted bounty and fertility, has left the lands in the hands of the villages. Her magic sustained the mountain village for more than 4 decades but as time passes, the winters grow longer and the other seasons are less vibrant, as if losing their very vitality.

What mischief lurks in Moonrise Valley, and can the townsfolk work together to protect their home from falling to ruin?

[SOON TO BE POSTED]
    -Character face's to be used at the top of each post like an in-game sprite to make it easier to see who's speaking and with whom.

REMEMBER:

Post your character's name, location, and the time of day at the top of the posts. Try and keep the times rather consistent to allow for easier gameplay!

SAMPLE:
    Shade Lumina, Lumina Ranch House, 6:00am

Let's begin our story, shall we?

• 2eal2e9.jpg
    2im6k4i.jpg
    2cwk4fm.jpg

kccyg6.jpg
    24xkheo.jpg
    120tu8x.jpg

2dhwetw.jpg
    bozr.jpg
    357hcfb.jpg

n4v3vt.jpg
    msf0gx.jpg

2nss8bl.jpg
    5chnja.jpg
    hwzdph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Llorn,Moonrise Village Library, 8:30am -> Outside Libary
Ryan stared at the book, "A book about flowers..." He smiled faintly. "Neat"

He went back to Alexis. "Thank you. I'll try to return it at the....date you said" Holding the book in his hand, Ryan stayed there for a moment. Before shrugging. "Well, see you later. Probably" He motioned a wave as he started to walk away. He stopped near the exit and turned his head. "I don't damage books" He said, before leaving.

Beginning to think of what to do next, Ryan began to walk mindlessly down the path.​

Skye Lumina, Moonrise Beach, 8:40am

Skye looked at Ryder for a moment, her expression neutral and untelling. Turning her gaze to the splashing waves through which Kyumi swam, she smiled calmly, letting the breeze ruffle the lace of her gown and the tendrils of her long, strawberry brown hair. "You're right, Ryder. This is our home. Who's to say we need to be victims? I mean... I'm not sure what we can do... but, perhaps that's something we can sort out together, as a village." Her mind was churning as she tried to sort out a way she could avoid feeling so powerful.

"Hmm," she said, whistling for Kyumi to return to her side, "I think maybe I'll get on with my walk now Ryder. I want to spend some extra time looking around the Tree of Seasons this morning." She smiled warmly and placed a hand on his arm.

"Thank you for the company, and for the reassurance." As her soaked hound came running up the beach with the stick, she waved goodbye and started to make her way down the beach towards the eastern path of the village. She stopped, shortly after though, turning back to speak to Ryder once more. "I'd like to invite you to come to the ranch for a visit tomorrow morning. We'll take the horses for a ride to the Goddess Spring and the Tree of Seasons and maybe together we can find something that can help us figure out what's been going on in this village as of late. I hope to see you then. Good day, Ryder!" Turning, she led her furry companion up the road and into the forest towards the Tree of Seasons.

As she made her way through the woods, she was left with a warm feeling of comfort, given to her by the fisherman. She felt a fondness for him and was grateful for his kind words.

Ryder Chantilly, Moonrise Beach, 8:30 am
"We'll figure something out, as a whole town." Ryder looked back at Skye as they finished the discussion about the future of the village. Ryder looked down and remembered his fishing rod, which was cast out at sea, luckily there hasn't been a bite while he was talking to Skye so he did feel a bit of relief. he grabbed his hat from the blanket beside of him and put it on his head. The bump was still there so it made it look a bit awkward, but he didn't care.

Ryder watched as Kyumi returned with the stick and Skye threw over to the ocean, drenched in the salt seawater that she swam in. After Skye decided it was time to continue her walk through the woods, Ryder grabbed his fishing rod and put it back on his lap. "Sounds good, I best be getting back to my fishing and fixing up my boat. So i'll see you later." He gave a wave from his right hand as Skye and Kyumi started to leave the beach. As Ryder looked back to the sea, he was going to snooze off for a little bit. It would be much harder for fish to come because of Kyumi swimming in the water and scaring away all of the fish that was currently swimming, but he wouldn't stop until he caught at least one fish.

Before he could snooze off, He heard Skye's voice once again, however this time she was inviting him to come travel with her to the Goddess Spring and the Tree of Seasons to figure out what was wrong. He has only heard of the Tree of Seasons a few times from Skye herself and thought it was just a landmark that tourist would go to check it out, but perhaps there might be a problem with the Tree of Seasons after all. Ryder did want to go to check it out since he never had the time to check it out.

"Sure. Sounds like fun. Maybe we can find something there that could help us solve this problem. I'll see you tomorrow then." Ryder gave her a thumbs up and watched her walk away for a few minutes before going back to fishing. With Skye gone, perhaps the good fisherman can finally get a nice nap under the cold, breezy day. As he started he dozed, he thought about the Tree of Seasons and Skye's offer. Getting an invitation from the fair maiden herself to check out a legendary tree...That's something that doesn't happen so often for me. He chuckled as he dozed off, leaving the fishing rod to be cast out at the sea for the next fish to bite the bait.​

Alexis Flynn, Moonrise Village Library, 8:30am

2eal2e9.jpg

Alexis sat back down behind the desk, trying not to dwell on her doubts about seeing that particular book again. Ryan seemed happy with it at least, and she could always leave him a note or something to remind him about returning it when it got closer to the due date. Distracted by these thoughts and with filling in the ledger with what book had been borrowed by who, she almost didn't notice him leave.

"Huh? Oh...bye Ryan."

Well...one person successfully dealt with and it was only - Alexis checked the clock - 8:30. That was a good start. It did make her wonder a little what the innkeeper had been doing looking for a book about flowers at that time in the morning, but each to their own she supposed. Now the rest of her day seemed pretty peaceful in comparison, since if no one else came to the library she wouldn't have to talk to anyone.

Maybe today would even be the day that she managed to work up the courage to visit the florist during her lunch break to buy some flowers for the library...but then again, maybe not. Alexis sighed. Why did it have to be a florist and a ranch? Even if she could handle the social interaction involved, getting past the sheep was another matter altogether...

It was a shame. She had wanted to enjoy the last of the summer flowers before autumn arrived, especially since it seemed to be getting colder even earlier this year. That in itself was peculiar, and was probably causing a lot of the other townsfolk bother considering how many of them based their livelihoods around the seasons. Shade would probably know if something was wrong, so perhaps she'd try asking him about it the next time she got a chance.

And maybe, Alexis thought to herself, maybe she'd try asking him to introduce her to some non-terrifying large animals at the same time. She had to get over her fear eventually, and Shade certainly had plenty of animals on his ranch. He'd know if some of them were friendly. It was just a matter of being brave enough to ask him.​

Avery Miller, Outside Bakery, 8:49 AM

"Alright, Mom, I'm off for deliveries!"

Avery slung his backpack full of bread and pastry boxes over his shoulder as he shut the door, making sure they were fit in there nice and snug. Time for the morning rounds. He'd been up since dawn with his mother, helping her bake fresh goods for everyone, and he was looking forward to getting away from the heat of the oven.

"Ah, nothing like a bit of fresh air," he said to himself, stretching his arms up to the sky. Weather like this always put a smile on his face, and today was no different. It was a bit chillier than usual for this time of year, though; wasn't the mayor talking about something like that, a while back...?

Well, no use worrying about it right now, he figured. Securing his pack with a little hop, he set out for his first stop.

The road down to the beach was his favorite, air brimming with that slight tang of the ocean, packed earth slowly shifting to sand. He saw Skye making her way up from the seaside shack he was heading towards, himself, as was usual around this time of day. A quick wave and 'hello' as she passed, with Kyumi following behind. She was always a nice person, but it seemed like he just made it awkward for her whenever they tried to talk, so he tried not to bother her, too much. Still, he knew who she did like to talk to, and if she was coming from the beach, then he could guess at what she'd been doing, down there...

The ocean was calm as he strolled across the shore. It'd be a nice day for a nap, if he were a certain fisherman with nothing on the fishing line. Sure enough, Avery found Ryder dozing peacefully by his fishing rod, waiting for a fish to bite. Of course, the polite thing to do would have been to leave and come back later... but the boy had other plans. With his usual, goofy grin, he plucked a long bit of beachgrass from nearby, and brushed it lightly across the fisherman's nose.

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Ryder Chantilly, Moonrise Beach, 8:50 am
Resting comfortable on his old chair, Ryder felt his eyelids get heavier and heavier. As he started to fall into a deep sleep, he thought about a few things that Skye has told him. Winter seems to be arriving much sooner than usual. It's the first of Fall and yet it feels like a winter day almost. This kind of thing did scare Ryder. Fishing during the winter wasn't something he enjoyed as the amount of fish he could catch would be mostly gone because of the harsh winter and the chance of the water freezing up. While it wasn't impossible to fish, it surely would be difficulty to make a living out of the fish caught in the winter.

He also remembered the Tree of Seasons also. Could this tree be the cause of this strange phenomenal going on or is it just a tree with a name. He was going to check it out with Skye tomorrow so perhaps its something to take note of in case there was something wrong with it. But before he could think anymore, he felt something tickle his nose. His nose itched to the point where Ryder would began to sneeze. "Ahh..ACHOO!" Ryder sneezed as he jumped from the seat. He looked around to see what caused the tickling, only to be awaken by a goofy grin of Avery Miller.

Ahh yes. I almost forgot about the delivery boy. Ryder sniffed his nose and looked back to him. He must be performing his daily duty and handing out baked goods to everyone. He comes at this time to deliver the goods everyday since Ryder was the first person he met during his work. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms out in the sky. With a half tired look. He gave a small glare from the rude awakening he gave him. "So, you're hear to deliver the baked good as usual." He spoke in a rather quiet and sleepy tone as he looked out at the sea. He couldn't see any kinds of movements out there, meaning that the fishes have moved out to the deeper part of the sea. He awaited for a respond from the grinning man with a half dead expression on his face.​

Clover White, On her way to town, 8:50 AM

Clover walked towards town with Mingming by her side, the two of them just slowly treading down the path. Clover wanted to gather as many herbs as she can so she can give it to the doctor and perhaps to the townfolks. She may be a botanist but that doesn't mean she won't go beyond her capabilities to help others. Good thing she specializes in plant taxonomy. She might not know how to prepare the plants but she is certain she know how to use it. Besides, there's nothing she can't study as long as she's willing to learn.

As the pink haired girl and the white fluffy cat continued on their little journey, she suddenly noticed the son of the innkeepers, Ryan. Him and Clover haven't really got the chance to talk much so maybe today is the day. "What do you think, Mingming? Should we go for it?" Clover asked her cat who only responded with a soft mewl before running towards Ryan.

"Meoooow~" Mingming greeted, purring loudly and weaving its body between Ryan's legs. Clover couldn't help but giggle and soon followed where her cat is. "Good morning, Ryan. Beautiful day isn't it?" Clover asked, giving the blonde boy a sweet smile before noticing the book in his hand. "Oh my, a book about flowers. Are you going to the forest to study? I suggest you go near the waterfall. That's where most of the flowers grow this time of the month. Oh and if you're lucky you might find some blooming cardinal flowers surrounded with butterflies and hummingbirds. Its a beautiful sight"

Last edited:
Ryan Llorn, Pathway, 8:50AM
Ryan, having mastered over the years what he called the "Awake-Sleepwalk" where he could get into a zone that was somewhat close to not awake while walking. It was easier at this moment, due to him having not figured out exactly where he was going. Sometimes he would just walk till he felt like stopping at a point.

He was unfortunately returned back to reality with a cat running through his legs, and then deciding to start rubbing against him. "Hello" He watched as the cat was seemingly playing 'make it hard to go forward without tripping up or kicking the cat'. So Ryan only stayed in the one spot.

Looking up, he heard Clover greet him. He glanced up at the sky. "I'm...sure one could call it a nice day." He looked back down at her as she spotted the book he was holding. "Yes...studying. That is exactly what I'm going to do." He yawned. "Definitely studying"

He scratched his neck, and like usual, took a few seconds to think of what to say. "What if a hummingbird mistakes me for a flower and tries to poke my eye out?" He looked at her with what the townsfolk called the 'Ryan's inquisitive stare.' In which one couldn't be sure if he bothered to pay attention to what was going on around him a second after he finished talking.

"I'm not much of a swimmer either....more of a-" A faint smile appeared. "Floater"

Clover White, Pathway, 8:53 AM

"Poke your eye out?" Clover asked while giggling, finding his question funny yet adorable. "Hummingbirds can't poke someone'e eye out. I mean, I think they can, but they won't. They're too smart to know the difference between human and flowers. Besides, if you haven't got any flower nectar with you then you're safe" Clover then smiled at him genuinely before looking at her cat. The fluffy white cat seems to like Ryan, especially with how loud its purring and how it won't stop rubbing against him. "Alright, Mingming.. That's enough. We have to get to town now and soon get back home or we'll miss the baker. You know we need our bread this week" The cat only looked at Clover with a mischievous glint in its eyes before running off to god knows where.

Shocked and flabbergasted, Clover stood there with her eyes as wide as saucers. Never in her life did she expect her cat to do that! Her cat only runs of when.. "Oh no.." she exclaimed with an exhausted sigh, shaking her head from side to side before forcing a smile. "W-Well, it seems like my cat decided to hide from me. I um, I must go. I-It was nice seeing you, Ryan. Till later!"

Clover tried her darnest to follow her cat, walking a bit faster now in an attempt to find it before it starts hiding in trees or bushes. Out of all the times, now her cat decided to play hide and seek with her! Clover can't afford to be off of her schedule today or everything will be a mess. She still needs to buy groceries, give herbs to the people, go home and wait for the bread, go back to the forest for some research and perhaps take a nice relaxing bath at the waterfall.

"Now where did that cat have gone to.."

hidden-meanings.italic.png
Kerr.png
"Shack of Invention" (Kerr's Shack) 8:55

Kerr perked up as there was a slight tapping on his door. This was his first visitor in...ever. Sense he moved to this town at least. Kerr pondered how anyone found his shack as he so "masterfully" hid it with brush. Probably the fact that its shiny metal inside of a forest. He pondered how to hide it better as he mindlessly opened the metal door. Kerr looked around at the floor, for the small chance that a squirrel had human hands and knocked on his door. With no such luck, he saw a basket with eggs and godly smelling pancakes. There was also a person that was looking down the path, seemingly waiting for something. Kerr froze in thought and then poked the human twice, before saying "Uh. Hi. You left your things here." He then stepped back and sat down at his invention table, to continue working on his explosive.

Kerr grabbed a nearby apple and took a bite out of it, as the smell of the pancakes made him hungry. And the wind pushing the smell throughout the shack did not help. He poured in a tad bit of gunpowder and stuck in the wick, then putting on the cap and gluing it together. Kerr then pulled over another casing and dumped the rest of his powder into it. "One of these will surely work. Have too." Kerr spoke to himself as he usually does, while putting the other wick in. He pocketed the two explosives and took another bite of his apple, then putting it back onto the table. "So. I am going up the mountain. Don't rob me while i'm gone." Kerr said, adjusting his goggles and his coat to sit nicely on him. He lightly grabbed the basket and lifted it to the side, then squeezing past the human at his door step. Just a few steps outside of his home, he whispers to himself, "Well that was a weird individual."

Milli Fiorisa, Shack to Pathway, 9:03am
2n07xqx.png

Milli opened her mouth but soon closed it. Her face turned red. She knew that it was a bad idea! She abruptly turned around and "yelled" (barely over a normal voice) " I-It's for you! "
She quickly turned and ran past him, she didn't do well with people and she knew it, so much for a happy welcome. She felt so frustrated. Every time! Though before she knew it she had bumped into another person, looking confused as she stared at the ground and wiped her tears, she looked up at the inn keeper and stood up.

" Ah! I'm s-sorry! " She picked up his book and looked at the cover. Botanical encyclopaedia. She gave a 'soft' smile. " Um! Do you have an interest in flowers then? "
She looked a bit confused but her smile still remained. " You are an innkeeper though. What's the purpose? "
She realized what she said might sound even more confusing then she felt. " N-No I mean you can study flowers I have nothing against it! " Milli starts to fidget now, everything was happening so fast. Her face starts getting red. " It's great that someone else is interested in flowers! I mean um! "
Was she misunderstanding?!

" I'll just... Um. " She diverted her eyes as she twiddled her thumbs. " Ah which are your favorites? I mean flowers! Maybe the blue roses? Snow drops? "
Before now she hadn't really talked to him, just keeping it from being awkward. Her voice started to get quieter, "Sunflowers are cute too." She realized that she was still holding his book and probably inconveniencing him. She was also talking too much. " Ah um! " She got carried away. She adored being a florist and all the flowers though. She could make bouquets and make perfume. It was amazing what the beautiful things could create. Ah that's it! She could finally look him in the eyes even though her face became redder. " Sorry! I didn't even offer to help you up! S-So how is the inn doing? " Her smile was twitching but she finally gained control of her fidgeting. Her mind was blowing up though.

Ryan Llorn, Pathway, 9:05AM
"I suppose" was the only thing he said before her cat decided to run off. He looked in the general direction of where it went. "You're cat ran-" but by then Clover was already running off. "Oh...see you." Shrugging, he managed walk another ten feet before someone walked into him. Causing him to drop his book.

Gaining focus, he saw the person who had knocked into him and smiled. "Ello" He gave a small wave. "It's fine...people bump into me all the time. Or, I suppose I bump into them. I dunno, people are always telling me to pay attention" He was nearing the stage of going off silently into his own thoughts. But Milli brought it back with the flowers.

Seeming to be thinking of a response as she fidgeted, He finally snap back to reality. "Sunflowers are nice. I respect the person who name it. I mean...sun...flower. It must of been one of the first plants named, because if you think about it. Every flower needs the sun" He yawned again. Seeming not to mind Millie's nervousness at all. If even noticing it.

"Oh, the inn?" He went back to his normal look of overall inconvenienced. "It's going well. I think. I don't know how to the future is going to go...with, the tree. But-" He shrugged. "That's life"

He glanced to his book in her hand. "I don't really know many names of flowers. I just like the smell and look. I suppose that book will help me with the names and such" And also sleeping, but she didn't need to know that.

Shade Lumina, Moonrise Grocer, 9:01 am

When Shade arrived after a lazy stroll down to the grocer's, getting side tracked twice along the way as he stopped to check the fields at the mayor's estate and then once more when he saw a herd of small deer making their way through the village, he pushed the wooden door open, chiming the bell above the door.

"Hello, Fawn? Are you here?" He made his way in and began going about his way, collecting various ingredients for cooking and eventually made his way to the front counter to request a few dozen eggs from the fridges in the back and pay for his order. And yet, when he arrived at the desk, he found nobody had answered his arrival. "Huh... I wonder where Fawn is. This isn't like her. Her grandparent's will be furious to find she left the shop unattended again.." He looked around again and leaned over the counter, as if some answer lay waiting behind it. He then made his way to the door that lead back into the living quarters and peaked his head in. "Hello? Is anyone home?"

Skye Lumina, Tree of Seasons, Eastern Woods, 9:20 am

As the thickly wooded forest broke into a familiar meadow and the great body of the Tree of Seasons came into view below the canopy, Skye found herself stopping in her tracks. While the beauty of the tree always astonished her, something sick and writing was settling into her gut. She ran forward, closing the space between herself and the ancient being, Kyumi running quickly to keep her stride. "Oh my...!" She placed a gentle hand on the once vibrant, brown bark of the tree's great trunk. The contrast between her pale skinned hand the what had now become a blackening trunk startled her and brought sadness into her heart.

"Are you dying...?" She whispered quietly to herself. Looking up, she found something else that startled and concerned her deeply. For all her life, the Tree of Seasons had born boughs adorned with the mark of each of the four seasons, spread across in a wave of time, painting the year onto its leaves. And yet, for the first time in her life, she saw an imbalance.

"Winter is taking over!" She barely breathed these words, her anxiety stifling her speech. High above her, in the thick limbs of the tree, a bareness was spreading. One by one, the leaves of Autumn fell from the skies, sinking down to the earth below. While this was normal for trees, to lose their leaves, though later in the season, the Tree of Seasons never once lost its leaves, save for the strong winds that pulled them away naturally. But there was no wind today. There was only quiet, still air surrounding that part of the forest. She could see that the tones of the tree seemed to have shifted. What was once balanced into quarters was now unbalanced. Winter had grown, pushing farther left across the leaves, making fall then push into summer and summer into spring. The leaves of spring were then dying, feeding into the winter which could only await them. As Winter pushed, the Autumn leaves fell. The sight was a subtle, horrifying one, and Skye could not bring herself to stay there any longer.

Something needed to be done. Winter was infringing on the other seasons and if the legends about the tree's boughs reflecting the patterns of time and seasons across the lands, Moonrise Valley was, indeed, entering into an era of suffering.

"We need to do something. Come, Kyumi, we have to find Mayor Prudence."

Skye took off running then, cutting through the woods towards the heart of the village to find the Mayor.

Milli Fiorisa, Pathway, 9:25am
2n07xqx.png

She looked at her watch it had been about 18 minutes since she had her encounter with Ryan. " Did you have to go somewhere? "
She didn't know if she had taken up his time, she heard rumors on how lazy he is but he wasn't that bad. She enjoyed the fact that he was interested in flowers and also could deal with her fidgets. " Oh and what did you think about the librarian? I know of her but I haven't been there yet! "

She was pretty joyful and decided that Ryan could be a friend, she'd ask Clover and Avery about him, after all they were her (only) friends. " Make sure you stop by the flower shop alright? I have a lot of flowers, also I could teach you! But the book is fine too of course! Though... " She looks a mix of confused and uncomfortable now. " Winter is coming way too early, maybe it's just me? " She shivered. She regretted wearing a skirt this morning, also she should've worn her sneakers, though her boots were cuter. She really didn't want winter to come, though after that came spring. Nothing could be wrong with the tree, she told herself, after all there hasn't been anything wrong with the tree when I moved here so nothing could be wrong now. It didn't seem convincing to her either. Wait. Wait. Did Ryan say something about the tree?

" W-What happened to the tree?! " She clutched the book tighter. " Nothing wrong right? Right? " Ever since she'd been a child that had been her favorite place though she'd been a bit busy lately...

Last edited:
Ryan Llorn, Pathway, 9:30AM
"Uh, no. I've just taking my morning walk." A nice long walk which only stopped when his obligations dragged him back to the inn. He thought back to his talk with Alexis. "She seems nice. Very knowledgeable on books. As a librarian should be I guess" He sighed, what was the date she wanted him to return it again?

"Yeah I'll stop by the...um, flower shop" More time outside. He wondered if there was anywhere he could sleep in the shop. Was there such a thing as a flowerbed?

He smiled to himself, "I'm sure you'll be a lot more helpful then the book." He gazed at the sky, or at least his eyes happened to be looking in that direction. "I look forward to it" He affirmed, before watching as she commented about the colder weather. "Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps if we had a weather expert. It's all the same to me. Cold is good, then we could all go back to bed" He commented, rubbing his eyes despite being up for quite a while.

"Oh the tree..." He frowned, "I saw it this morning...or whatever you call it before morning" He shrugged. "I dunno, the dead bit seems to be....growing" He put a finger to his lips. "Probably should of told someone about that" He noticed that she seemed worried. "It's fine, It's a tree. They do things like that."

His eyes flickered between her and the book. Seeming resigned to a lost cause.

Milli Fiorisa, Pathway, 9:35am
2n07xqx.png

" Y-You're right. T-Trees usually do that! " She didn't sound too sure either, but Ryan wouldn't lie to her either. She decided to focus on something else otherwise she'd make Ryan uncomfortable, after all her bro- her parents said that she was 'easy to read'. She giggled though, Ryan didn't know the first thing about flowers but yet he was an expert on trees? But he was looking forward to visiting her flowers! People usually didn't come to see her and they came for rare occasions and the sheep, and chickens. Not really the flowers.
" U-Um! " She paused.

Why haven't I talked to Ryan before? After all this was a small town. Though the only time she saw him was when she was 'observing' him while hiding behind a tree or around town. She didn't mean to be a stalker but she couldn't bring herself to walk up to most people and say hi. The only reason why she knew Clover was from their love of plants, and their parents. Then Avery was a whole different story, he was the bakers son and she enjoyed her bread with her tea. So she had to visit mostly everyday as a child, you could say she thought him as a younger mischevious, loud brother. The only exception of 'loud' she dared to handle.

I hope we can be friends and have more memories! She wanted to say but what came out was quite different.
" I-I am sorry! " She handed back the book and smiled at him but it was a bit forced.
" I became a bit engulfed in the conversation. Have you met the newcomers yet? " She opened her mouth to say that she kind of met one and decided it would've made things more confusing.
" S-since you weren't going anywhere I just thought that maybe you'd like to join me at the bakery. O-Of course if you're too busy to come then I would understand, around here people are surprisingly really busy! I just thought..... It'd be nice to have a little company.. "

Last edited:
Ryan Llorn, Pathway, 9:35AM
Had he met the newcomers, maybe? He may of saw them walk by, but most people didn't say much to him as he strolled around. They had things to, and he often did not.

"I may have seen them. I don't think I talked to them..." it had often happened that a new person would come to the town and he wouldn't notice till they were already settled in that they had arrived at all. Wasn't his fault really.

Listening to her offer of walking with her, He stared blankly in the general direction of her. Seemingly back to being in his own world. "Yes..." He uttered after a few silent moments. "Yes...I will, I don't really do much anyway. Well...aside from the Inn, but I'm sure they'll be fine~" He drew the last word out in his usual mono-tone voice.

"Though I don't think I count as little, perhaps if I was a child." He didn't seem to have taken any offence, rather back in his half listening half thinking about something that people probably didn't want to know.​

Last edited:
kccyg6.jpg

Mood: Energetic & Excited

~~~~

Fawn had woken early today after a restless nights sleep. The fact that her brother was finally returning home after rehab in the city had left her a melting pot of emotions. It's even been affecting her work capabilities, as the rascal Ryan managed to weaseled his way out of paying full price earlier in the week for the first time. She swore to have Kaleb beat him up for it when he finally came home, which so happened to be today. Her grandparents had undoubtly told the rest of their little village the past week, but she herself hadn't invited anyone to come along and welcome him home at the bus stop. As she readied herself for the day she pondered at the thought of maybe asking Skye and Shade to come with her. She frowned in the mirror while she ran a brush through her long golden locks.

"That's silly Fawn, they have to take care of their ranch...." She shook her head with a sigh before finally taking a simply black hair tie and tying up her hair into a high pony tail. Finally ready for her shift at her grandparents store she leaves her room. After leisurely making her way down a flight of stairs she comes out into the kitchen. There she grabs a cup of yogurt and quickly eats it as to not be late for work. Once finished, she tosses it and makes her way to the front of the store, where aisles of products and displays extend across the rest of the building. The grocer wasn't small, but it wasn't to big either. Noticing this, she recalls a conversation between her grandparents she over heard the other day. Something about possibly expanding the store in order to hold more stock. Fawn smiled thinking it would be a great idea.

After clocking in, the blonde haired young woman immediately began stocking shelving and rearranging products that had been misplaced. The task was mindless, and eventually she began to day dream while she worked effortlessly. She didn't even hear the chime ring out when someone entered the shop. These days Fawn did not bother greeting customers, as everyone who lived in the town knew where everything was. It wasn't until someone bumped into her did she snap out of her mindlessnes. She actually jumped out of fright from the sudden contact. Her head whipped around to look at the individual. The small indication of fright in her expression before finally relaxing. She let out a relieved sigh, and gave the man a polite smile when he apologized.

"No no, that isn't necessary. I shouldn't have been lost in my own thoughts to begin with." Her crystalline blue hues glanced down and up as she briefly checked him out. Her grandmother always told her to be wary of handsome strangers like this one, but he didn't seem to bad. Fawn had heard rumors that new people would be moving to the valley, and wondered if this man is one of them. "You're a new face. Little birdies told me that new people were moving here, so I take it you're one of them right? I'm Fawn! "She flashed the man a large smile and held out her hand for a hand shake.​

[ Lily | Clinic | 9:00 ~ 9:35 ]
Interactions: None
Mentioned: Clover [ @DANAsaur ]

BEEEEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEP

The cursed alarm clock.. Did it know no bounds when calling to wake her up? Every morning, she had to wake up to the same terrible sound that interrupted her dreams. When it wasn't the clock, it was echo, her pet rabbit who was trying to lick her face in attempts to wake her owner up so that she could feed her. Funny enough, Echo was still in her bed next to Lily's sleeping soundly. Even though rabbits had amazing hearing, she found it funny how the clock didn't give the poor thing a heart attack. Lily slowly draged her legs out of the comfy bed, rubbing her eyes before letting out another yawn. The sun was up and bright, though, she had wondered how long she was asleep for. It couldn't be that long, I mean, it had to be at least eight or some-- HOLY IT'S ALREADY NINE.

For a moment there, Lily actually had to grab the clock, and rub her eyes a few times just so she could confirm the time. My god, this was terrible! If someone had come by while she was out, she would never be able to live with herself! "Echo, Echo, wake up. It's morning." She whispered to the rabbit, nudging it with her barefoot. The rabbit, rather, ended up flipping up, acting as though her foot were petting the little white fluff ball. Personally, Lily thought that it was cute, but they should seriously get up. "Come on, I'll make you some soft carrots. Get up now." With that, Lily pulled herself out of the bed; she could clean up her bed sheets later anyways. The brunette with the green/teal fade hopped on over to her closet, looking at it from the outside before opening it right up. For today, she decided to wear a light blue dress. Not very heavy on the body, easy to move around in, and it was absolutely adorable.

She grabbed the outfit and rushed over to the bathroom to get changed out of her pajamas and into her casual attire. It wasn't long until she started putting her hair up, and adding in that lace headband of hers. The flowers in the headband weren't real, seeing that there was someone was allergic to them in town. She also made sure to keep plants that didn't produce pollen, because you never know. Being a clinic, she had to keep it rather clean as well, otherwise people might get sick by coming in here. Huh, pretty Ironic. Getting sick in a clinic.

That thought aside, she rushed downstairs, almost tripping down if she had went even a little bit quicker. She would have to prepare breakfast, seeing that she kind of skipped dinner last night. Man, she needed to regulate her own eating. She was always trying to make herself so busy that she often ended up neglecting her own health, which was never good for the town's own doctor. The young woman rubbed her temples gently, before letting out a sigh. Echo, on the other hand, had hopped on over and gently nuzzled her foot, in an attempt to make her feel better. This certainly worked, seeing that Lily smiled weakly to the little creature. "I'm alright, Echo. I just need to eat something. I have to meet the new villagers today as well. Gods, I can't believe I slept in.." She mumbled, grabbing a bowl to scoop up some rice, and then heating up the soup and meat that she had for leftovers the other night. By leftovers, I mean the dinner that she prepared. Oh well, this would give her enough energy to go through with the day. She also pulled out a baby carrot and handed it down to the rabbit, then put a ribbon around the animal's neck loosely, like a collar of sorts.

"I'm going to quickly deliver something, alright?" She asked the rabbit. Sure, it wouldn't be able to understand much, it just felt better having someone to talk to first thing in the morning. After turning off the stove, and opened the Clinic door and ran right on over past the Inn, into the forest, and to Clover's house. Knowing her, she probably wasn't home at the time, and thus dropped a letter off. With that, she started walking home.

Letter
Dear Clover,

Thank you for the medical plants that you gave me the other day! I really am grateful, and it's much more efficient than using all of these wacky chemicals that you can find in the city. Much more natural; I like it! I'm sorry that I can't tell you in person right now, as much as I would love to. I may or may not have woken up late today.. Ahaha.. Oops. Anyways, if there's anything that you ever need from me, I'm open to help you out! On that note.. I've noticed that the tree started looking more dead recently. I've done a bit of research and did my own tests with the leaves that had fallen off, but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing the end of this dying anytime soon. I was wondering if you had done any research on it as of late. If you have, then we can both talk about it. I can bring some apple pie over if you want!
Sincerely,
Lily

By the time LIly got home, she was probably out of breath. She didn't get much physical exercise, which would probably explain it. She was just dying to have something to eat now..

Last edited by a moderator: