Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).
Hi there! Lately I’ve been wanting to be apart of a super chill and laid back slice of life rp with a bit of modern fantasy mixed in. The Harvest Moon franchise is obviously a great way to go about this, and I do I have a super old plot that I could touch up. I just want to see if anyone would be interested in one as well.

Things to note:

1. I was planning on this rp taking place on discord. I have absolutely zero interest in making it a thread role-play since I am never home. Discord is more easily accessible to me via phone. It will also be a lot easier to host IRP events such as cannon Harvest Moon holidays. If people are interested I will probably make an official advertisement in the off-site thread.

2. The NPCs, Town map, and holidays have already been made. The addition of new ones can be discussed later.

3. If there is an overarching plot, this is what I had in mind. Our Harvest Goddess has been trapped inside a large tree due to a misunderstanding with Crownhaven’s witch (or maybe another entity). With the Harvest Goddess being gone the Forest Sprites have been chased out of Crownhaven by the Witch and her loyal Pixies. OR perhaps there is nothing wrong with the Harvest Goddess, but for some reason all of her Forest Sprites are becoming corrupted (how and by who is up for debate). The corrupted Forest Sprites are causing chaos and misfortune for the Town of Crownhaven and it us up to the Players and their characters to help the Harvest Goddess in her time of need.

4. Ask questions and give feedback. I am curious as to whether or not people have any thoughts on whats been said so far or if suggestions I haven’t mentioned.

Questions:

1. Should it be kept a small discord rp (limited number of players) with a focus on an over arching plot?

2. Should it be a closed server, meaning only people from iwaku can join it? Or should the server be open to anyone from any role-play background or website?

3. Should the server be a light rp server, with the hopes of it one day becoming large (as in having a lot of members)? No real overarching plot. Just a space for people to make any character and develop their own stories with others?

4. A mix of both soft rp and an overarching plot for anyone to partake in at any given time.

5. Should the fantasy elements of Harvest Moon be more apparent to make the rp setting more interesting? Such as maybe including more mythical creatures (like a unicorn, griffin) or providing more “magical” NPCs (like perhaps a mermaid, nymph, etc)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BabyGirl
You had me at Harvest Moon already, so I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

For the questions:

I'd personally say yes to question 4, with a touch of 3. As for question 2, I'd start off closed, at least until for a bit, before throwing it open, that way you and the players could work out roles and responsibilities, that way newcomers could feel welcomed, and any potential trolls could be dealt with quickly.

The mythical aspect of HM should be kept lowkey, at least at first. There could be a couple players that know mythic beasts and creatures are real, but for certain reasons, keep things underwraps.

Reactions: Esmeray
Ooooh, Harvest Moon! I would love to be a part of it! To answer your questions:

1. I think this might have potential to be big enough for more than a handful of players, so perhaps don't set a limit? And if there ends up not being a lot, then there doesn't have to be a need to limit.

2. I don't think it should be closed! I would love to see different people take a look at the server, not just those from Iwaku!

3. Hm, I think plot would be good honestly! But it can be very long running or open ended, like taking several years to complete. I think that would keep people interested!

4. A mix of both would actually be good! This is slice of life, so I would imagine people would love to develop their own character's stories if they could!

5. I want fantasy elements, all the fantasy. XD But would it be a bit more like Rune Factory where you can fight monsters or would it be more peaceful like the Harvest Moon franchise itself?

You had me at Harvest Moon already, so I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

For the questions:

I'd personally say yes to question 4, with a touch of 3. As for question 2, I'd start off closed, at least until for a bit, before throwing it open, that way you and the players could work out roles and responsibilities, that way newcomers could feel welcomed, and any potential trolls could be dealt with quickly.

The mythical aspect of HM should be kept lowkey, at least at first. There could be a couple players that know mythic beasts and creatures are real, but for certain reasons, keep things underwraps.

Thank you for your input! I’m still collecting opinions on the matter! When I’ve finished setting up the discord I will send you an invite link. :)

1. I think this might have potential to be big enough for more than a handful of players, so perhaps don't set a limit? And if there ends up not being a lot, then there doesn't have to be a need to limit.

2. I don't think it should be closed! I would love to see different people take a look at the server, not just those from Iwaku!

3. Hm, I think plot would be good honestly! But it can be very long running or open ended, like taking several years to complete. I think that would keep people interested!

4. A mix of both would actually be good! This is slice of life, so I would imagine people would love to develop their own character's stories if they could!

5. I want fantasy elements, all the fantasy. XD But would it be a bit more like Rune Factory where you can fight monsters or would it be more peaceful like the Harvest Moon franchise itself?

Thank you for your feedback and interest. For fantasy it wont be like Rune Factory. More peaceful like Harvest Moon. For example if there are Pixies causing mischeif you cant just kill them. Your character would need to find alternative and creative solution.

Thank you for your feedback and interest. For fantasy it wont be like Rune Factory. More peaceful like Harvest Moon. For example if there are Pixies causing mischeif you cant just kill them. Your character would need to find alternative and creative solution.

Ooooh, makes sense! And makes it more fun that way! Thanks for clarifying!

I am 100% down for something like this. It has been a while since I've been able to be a part of a chat rp and that was how I started rping in general. I love Harvest Moon and I love your concept.

1. Should it be kept a small discord rp (limited number of players) with a focus on an over arching plot?
This really depends on how well it is moderated and the rules that will need to be followed. Having it compleately open right away could cause issues. It would not be a terrible idea to limit it at first just until the swing of things are established and then open it up more.

2. Should it be a closed server, meaning only people from iwaku can join it? Or should the server be open to anyone from any role-play background or website?
I can honestly say I don't really have an opinion on this because I beleive a roleplayer is a roleplayer and the only reason I personally even found Iwaku was because my roleplay community shutdown after funding became an issue. So as long as they wish to abide by your rules I feel like they should be welcome.

3. Should the server be a light rp server, with the hopes of it one day becoming large (as in having a lot of members)? No real overarching plot. Just a space for people to make any character and develop their own stories with others?
I really enjoy the plot and I feel it will give our characters a reason to be there and befriend each other. It will give us a solid purpose to work together for but I agree with Black Angel that maybe it should literally take a long time to achieve. I love the idea that a day in real life is just a day in the roleplay it makes things more interesting and is something that you do not see in roleplay very often anymore. (regardless of what you decide to do I am still down for this).

4. A mix of both soft rp and an overarching plot for anyone to partake in at any given time.
Yes, let there be a mix so that people can still do what they want in the town with other characters but we should still have a goal. Slive of life with a goal is great because maybe we won't be able to address the issue everyday (We certainty don't in harvest moon) so soft rp will come into play and it will make it so larger events to help the Harvest Goddess and Sprites can be inacted when more people are around or even scheduled events with everyone who can attend being able to rp and put in their characters input on how to solve the situation.

5. Should the fantasy elements of Harvest Moon be more apparent to make the rp setting more interesting? Such as maybe including more mythical creatures (like a unicorn, griffin) or providing more “magical” NPCs (like perhaps a mermaid, nymph, etc)
Characters themselves should not be able to be mythical. Some NPCs sure but an overabundance I personally feel will take away from the harvest moon feel.

I am 100% down for something like this. It has been a while since I've been able to be a part of a chat rp and that was how I started rping in general. I love Harvest Moon and I love your concept.

This really depends on how well it is moderated and the rules that will need to be followed. Having it compleately open right away could cause issues. It would not be a terrible idea to limit it at first just until the swing of things are established and then open it up more.

I can honestly say I don't really have an opinion on this because I beleive a roleplayer is a roleplayer and the only reason I personally even found Iwaku was because my roleplay community shutdown after funding became an issue. So as long as they wish to abide by your rules I feel like they should be welcome.

I really enjoy the plot and I feel it will give our characters a reason to be there and befriend each other. It will give us a solid purpose to work together for but I agree with Black Angel that maybe it should literally take a long time to achieve. I love the idea that a day in real life is just a day in the roleplay it makes things more interesting and is something that you do not see in roleplay very often anymore. (regardless of what you decide to do I am still down for this).

Yes, let there be a mix so that people can still do what they want in the town with other characters but we should still have a goal. Slive of life with a goal is great because maybe we won't be able to address the issue everyday (We certainty don't in harvest moon) so soft rp will come into play and it will make it so larger events to help the Harvest Goddess and Sprites can be inacted when more people are around or even scheduled events with everyone who can attend being able to rp and put in their characters input on how to solve the situation.

Characters themselves should not be able to be mythical. Some NPCs sure but an overabundance I personally feel will take away from the harvest moon feel.

Hello there! Thank you for the feed back and for expressing interest! I am still setting up the discord at the moment, but will DM you a link since some of the other players are already there too. :)

If this is still open I'm also very interested. Gotta love relaxing Harvest Moon.

I am interested as well and would like to participate if its still open (=✪ᆽ✪=)

I'm interested as well
I'm super interested!
If this is still open I'm also very interested. Gotta love relaxing Harvest Moon.
I am interested as well and would like to participate if its still open (=✪ᆽ✪=)

Here’s the discord link! :3 the discord is a work in progress but feel free to look around and chit chat.