Harvest Moon: Blossoming Love

Yeah, that one took me awhile as well. I could never quite figure out the vending machine thing though (secret bit where you get a special item), even with a guide in hand.

I like that you guys are all excited. It means this rp will get some serious momentum once it takes off. I hope I can keep up.

Just checking in. Willing to help with the setup if needed.

I really am itching to get this started~ > u < <3 Heehee~ ^__^

I'm sure no one will mind, Phoenixrain. All you need is to make a bio for your character. That can be found in the first post.

You can make another merchant, if you'd like.
Or make a semi-useless sibling to one of the others.
I'm on vacation now, herding October and Jinx whilst hanging out with Gibs and Diana and Pan.
@___@

*pokes head in* Hello!

I'm interested in joining, but I've never played the actual game, just to let you know. And, also, I was wondering what kind of characters you guys need? I saw herbalist was still open on the list, but since I saw someone make a template for the spot, I wasn't sure what part I could play.

If you don't know the game, this might be helpful.
I am more than happy to accept new characters.
Herbalist is indeed taken, but I see no reason why we cannot have an assistant or something to help with that.
I'd also be willing to take another merchant, or a sibling to one of the others, that kind of thing.
Those slots were mainly roles I needed to fill.

Surprise me - as long as it's decent, I'll likely accept it.
I will start this up in about two days. I forgot about my impending vacation and I am too busy helping Diana with wedding things to start this right now.
I'll be back from vacation soon. <3

This is what I have so far. I was thinking my char could be Theron's cousin, if that's okay? If so, could they be fairly close? Perhaps they lived near each other before his house burned down and his parents passed? I just wanted to ask before I make her bio and enter her relationship status with him, in case I need to change anything, or it's a complete no-go.

-----

Character Name: Ismene (is MEE nee) "Izzy" Quinnin; Everyone calls her Izzy.

Character Age: 25

Character Job: She has great skills as a cook and an herbalist. Currently, she's looking for a job as the former.

Character Personality: Izzy is a calm-natured and sweet girl. She's very open to people and enjoys keeping company with others, especially during tea time. In fact, she usually insists upon it. She is a bit of an odd ball, though, filled with a lot of strange quirks and perceptions. She's always been that way, giving a new light to a situation, and going about things in a different way. Some people see her as a little cooky and crazy, but se la vi. Much like her cousin, Theron, she always has a smile of some sort on her face and a sense of warmth to her. She's almost whimsical in a way. But, she does have her opinions and if she's firmly rooted in it, you might as well forget trying to convince her otherwise.

Izzy has always been a free spirit. She's a responsible woman and will commit to the end on any task she takes on, if only because she hates breaking promises - even to herself -, but she loves nothing more than than traveling and wandering about into nature, finding new ingredients to try in experimental meals or as a medicine. She's also a respector of the Kami and of traditional rituals honoring ancestors and other spirits.

Her greatest possessions are probably her pots, her mortar and pestle, and her hats. She adores her hats and wears them almost all the time, having different colors of the same style to match what ever she wears that day. Oh, and her tea kettle is also very special to her. Her aunt and uncle gave it to her family as a gift and she's kept it near and used it ever since. She loves discovering new teas and trying new recipes. If you're a living, breathing person, she'll automatically consider you a friend, but if you want special favor, giving her either of those two things will win her over. Or, really, any gift at all. It's the thought that counts after all.

Brief Biography: Izzy was born into a well-rounded, fairly prosperous family. Though they weren't nearly as wealthy as her relatives living just down the road, money was never an issue, nor an object to be lusted over. Certainly, her parents had lucrative jobs - her father being a physician and her mother owning and running a popular restaurant - but neither of them kept theirs for the income; they did it because the loved their work and they loved their neighbors and friends.

When she was young, she greatly enjoyed going to visit her aunt and uncle and playing with her smaller cousin, Theron. A dark day came, though, when she woke up one day to hear that their house had burned down, taking Theron's parents with it. There was a long grieving process, especially when he moved off to live with his grandparents, but she always wrote to him and kept in touch with what her favorite baby cousin was up to.

For years after that, Izzy worked odd jobs and learned odd trades, but her heart was always in the kitchen and being part of the work her parents did. The best mediation between the two seemed to be herbalism, so if she wasn't out wandering, one could always find her learning from and bothering the local herbalist. When she was around seventeen, she felt the need to travel in a broader sense, and started to move farther and farther from her hometown.

On a whim, Izzy decided she wanted to be close to her cousin again and planned on moving into his town. After an exchange of letters, she took residence with him, and is now - a couple days later - hoping to acquire a job as a cook at the local inn and settle (as much as she can) into a new, quaint, quiet life.

Character Appearance:
kanji.jpg

Character Relationships:

Theron Quinnin -
Skylar Tinsleton -
Gaara Seto -
Clyde Tristfal -
Prudence Delaney -
Philomena Rigby -
Chloe Orvos -
Chet Orvos -
Kaai Moore -