Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice giggled a bit and nodded. "They are nice... so Sam and Naomi then. Nice to meet you," Alice said softly. She set her cage with Helga off to the side and made sure to sit next to Ala. "Are you both from Wizarding families or muggle families?" She asked curiously. She was trying to be more friendly, due to Ala's influence, but she was still shy around people she didn't know very well yet.

Mireille Standiford

"Horace?" Mireille wanted to stand up, this boy had another interesting thing to show her? He talked about Horace like he was a person. Was Horace in his shadow too? "I mean I'm fine with that." I think, hope Horace isn't dangerous.

Mireille scooted forward on her seat to see what Nick was doing better. Her curiosity getting the better of her. There had been very few people she had ever found so interesting as this boy before. The muggles in her village weren't interesting.

Ala Heath

Ala nodded in agreement with Alice. "We have the best parents." Ala announced in response to their parents seeming nice. She was very happy with her family, it was very large, and almost everyone in it was nice. Her immediate family, well those she considered her immediate family, were her favorite people on the whole planet.

When Alice asked the other girls if they were wizard born or muggle born Ala gave Alice a smile. She was happy to see her interacting with people. "Both my parents are wizards." Ala told the girls. For Ala and Alice the question wasn't about superiority, it was about finding common ground. "But we got to go to a muggle school." She explained. Ala could chat about the latest Quidditch game as easily as she could chat about a television show or a muggle book. Knowing if these girls were muggle born or wizard gave her an idea of how to connect to them on that common ground.

"My mum's a half-blood and my dad's Muggleborn." Naomi replied, giving a shy smile. "I'm not sure what that makes me." She didn't typically talk about her family's ancestry, since she didn't know it very well. She folded her hands on her lap. There was a little bit she knew about Muggles, seeing as how she spent a lot of time near them, but she'd never actually talked to any of them or tried to. So most of what she did know she'd learned from her dad, with very little of her knowledge from her brother.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Horace is my partner, his race was discovered only within this generation, so not many people have heard of it. He is a Darkness Hound, and he comes from the same place as Dementors..." I start to laugh a little bit at the expression plastered on his own face. Nick, did she say that I am allowed? I can sense odd feeling coming from you, do tell me you will keep some of our secrets, as to who knows whether or not she'll fall of the deep end. With that, he took a step from my shadow, his body seeming to be a drip from it. When he is able to fully return to the world of the living, Horace reaches out to Mireille's mind and waits to be accepted. "In order for him to talk to you, you will need to allow him to enter your mind, even if just a little. It will feel weird at first, but it is easier than me talking in place of him." I lay my hand on him and see how she will react to her probable first interaction with a D.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mireille, already on the edge of her seat looks at the hound in front of her. A spark of fear is quickly doused by her curiosity.

She opens her mind for Horace, at first she's tentative about it letting only the barest edge of her mind be visible, but once she is more comfortable with the presence of the hound she lets her mind open the rest of the way.

Mireille had a fairly unloved childhood, only ever getting hugs from her grandma. That led to her being closed off to the rest of the world for the most part. She had had few friends and none that lasted long. Hogwarts was the first time she'd get away from her father's direct influence. To allow the trust that she just had for Horace was a huge step for the girl.

((The next couple of posts will be in white, symbolizing that it is Horace talking/interacting. From now on when its Nick or Horace that is interacting/doing something))

Hello Mireille, as you know, I am Horace. I am a beast of the night and very loyal to those I bring in. Nick is one such person. Unfortunately for me, I have no vocal cords, so I am unable to howl or speak in any way other than through thoughts. I have been with Nick since he was born, though he didn't know my presence until a few years ago. Horace jumped up on the bench next to Nick and preceded to lay down, head in Nick's lap. So, tell us about yourself Mireille. "I am also able to hear the thoughts, he has made somewhat of a bridge between where your connection is and mine. This does come in handy for private conversations, but if you feel it rude or uncomfortable, please just let us know and we will break it down to just your connection." I turned toward Horace and start petting him, even though my hand really just slides through a mass of shadow, he appreciates that I do it anyway.

"That makes you technically a half-blood, but that doesn't matter to either Ala or myself. My family has mixed blood in it, as does Ala's," Alice said with a small smile to Naomi.

Status
Not open for further replies.