Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dark blue car drove into the parking lot at King's Cross. Leaning against the door, Sam stared out the window, visibly excited. She almost couldn't wait for her father, Daniel, to park the car, unbuckling her seatbelt and then practically jumping out of the car, immediately heading for the trunk. She bounced on the balls of her feet as her parents got out of the car.

While Daniel went to find a trolley, Sam's mother, Amanda, started to get some of the lighter things out of the car. "Sam, could you hold your bag until the trolley gets here?" she said, holding the bag for Sam to take.

"Sure, Mom!" Sam replied, reaching out to grab the bag. It contained most of her books, her quills, as well as a few other items.

"Alright, back with a trolley!" Daniel said as he rolled the trolley to the car, parking it by the trunk. "Here, let me help you get that," He said as he reached to help Amanda get Sam's trunk out of the car.

A few minutes later, Sam's parents had gotten all of her things out of the car and onto the trolley. Sam took over pushing the trolley, and soon they headed into the station. While they were walking along the platform, Sam looked around at all the Muggles walking or standing around the platforms. While she had been around Muggles before, most notably her father's parents, she'd never seen so many in one place at once.

After a couple of minutes, they arrived at the entrance to Platform 9 3/4. Amanda placed her hand on Sam's shoulder, and asked, "You remember what to do?"

Sam nodded and replied, "Yep! Run at the wall, and I'll be on the platform," and smiled.

Amanda smiled in return, then said, "Alright dear, you go on ahead, we'll be right behind you,"

Sam nodded, then turned back to the wall. She took a breath, and then ran at the wall. A moment later, she was on the platform. She continued forwards, so that her parents could come through without running into her.

Looking up, Sam grinned at the sight of the train. Hearing her parents enter the platform behind her, she turned to look at them.

"Okay Sam, let's go take care of your luggage, and then you can find a spot on the train. 'Kay?" Daniel said, placing his hand on Sam's shoulder.

Sam nodded, and then followed her parents to where everyone was leaving their luggage to be put on the train. A few minutes later, Sam's luggage, sans bag, was in place to be put on the train. Sam sighed, and turned to her parents.

It was time to say their goodbyes.

Amanda knelt down to hug Sam, saying, "Sam, I hope you have fun," - she leaned back to look Sam in the eyes - "and I want you to make some friends,"

Daniel leaned over so he was eye level with Sam. "If you can borrow a school owl, write to us, okay?"

Sam nodded, then smiled and said, "Okay Dad, I'll try."

They hugged, holding onto each other for a minute, until it was time for Sam to get on the train. Pulling back, Sam said, "I'll be back for the holidays, promise!"

Amanda smiled, and said, "We'll miss you!"

Sam quickly hugged her, saying, "I'll miss you too!"

Daniel hugged Sam, and said, "Bye, kiddo!"

Sam returned the hug, and said, "Bye, Dad!"

And then Sam turned and ran to the nearest door in the train. Turning back, she waved at her parents. They waved back, and after a moment, Sam turned and entered the train, on a quest to find a seat.

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
A hiss escaped Carlyle's lips as his pupils retracted back into two black slits resembling that of a snake. Adelaide squirmed beneath him as she giggled and tried to see her brother's latest transformation. He looked altogether normal except for the obvious morphoses of his eyes and the occasional forked tongue that would slip out of his mouth.

"Slytherin of course," He hissed in parseltongue but pronounced the house name with just a tad bit less abbreviation of the "SsssSSs" for Justice to understand.

The reason for his choice was partly on behalf of L's insistence and because of his genuine interest in the so called house of "crafty snakes". But really any other house would do since they were all equally as interesting as one anothers. That and Carlyle wasn't exactly sure about his chances being specifically sorted in his desired placement unlike Justice who had a whole generation of Gryffindor's to look up to. Then again the familial pressure of getting into one specific house must be tough in itself. Carlyle tried to not think about it too much and opted in twisting a strand of air around his index finger.

"Have you thought about joining the Quidditch Team then in your second year?"

Sports weren't really Carlyle's forte since his shapeshifting abilities occasionally change on instinct and turning into a tiger during soccer practice wasn't exactly "following the rules". But maybe perhaps since he was to be attending a school that revolved around magic, they would be a bit more lenient about his rare condition.

Etienne watched the girl go. He took a step in her direction but then stopped, thinking maybe she had gotten all the help she needed from him and that was done. He thought maybe if he followed her it'd be weird. He understood unwanted attention better than anyone else so he figured perhaps following to help her find her cat would be a bit extreme and perhaps border onto unwanted attention. And he certainly didn't want to put others through that!

He sighed and very slowly paced near the train, building up the courage to finally step into the first years section and face the facts. After a couple minutes of fidgeting a bit with his hands he stubbornly thrust his chin out and stepped in. Thankfully, most kids were busy with excitement and goodbyes to notice him much, although he did get a few odd glances and looks. Mostly looks that said is he someone's big brother?

The compartments on one side of the train were the busiest, those were, of course, the ones facing the station where all the parents were. Etienne hurriedly looked in the opposite compartments trying to find an empty one but without much luck.

"Are you looking for someone? Maybe I can help!" said an eager girl looking up at him.

"uh, i-it's ok. Just two m-more compartments t-to... go." he stammered, somehow managing to throw in a lie. He passed her and saw the girl watching him as he passed one compartment. She was still watching him when he reached the second compartment so he panicked. He quickly went in and took a seat almost praying the girl didn't follow him in and discover he wasn't some older brother but first year like her.

After a moment, Etienne's heart rate began to normalize. The girl hadn't followed him. He let out the breath he didn't know he had been holding. However, someone was watching him. With a start he looked over and let out a deep but feeble "helloo"
The boy stared indifferently back at Etienne after which he turned to look out the window as if Etienne wasn't even there. He was a small boy a bit feminine, wearing some really cool clothes Etienne thought. The boy had longish wavy black hair and he was very pale.
Under normal circumstances Etienne would not have stared, but the fancy boy was such an opposite! Etienne couldn't help but stare in wonder. After all, Etienne admired confidence in other people because he lacked it himself.
The boy's stare had been cold, but had also not judged or wondered about Etienne and his height. Besides, in Etienne's world thus far, being ignored was much better than being negatively seen.

Last edited:
  • Love
((Since @Kirah's character Ala, and my character Alice are the best of friends and literally live right next door to each other, and since @Kirah is sitting in a chair right next to me, our first post for Ala and Alice will be together.))

Alice was use to being woke up by Ala jumping on her bed, and this morning was no different than others. However, it was much earlier than her usual time. "Alice! Why arn't you awake yet?! It's today, it's today!!"

"Ala..." Alice looked over at her clock. It read that it was only 5 o'clock in the morning. "Its only five..."

"But the sky's awake, so I'm awake, and you should be too, because it is today! We're going to Hogwarts!" Ala said, jumping off the bed and pulling off Alice's covers, leaving the young girl shivering.

"Ala, how did you get in with out waking my parents?" Alice asked. At that moment, her parents, Tammy and Akitar Aegean appeared in the doorway.

"Short answer, she didn't," Tammy said, looking at the two young girls.

"Hi Auntie Tammy, Uncle Akitar," Ala said, looking a bit embarrassed, and guilty. However, that was quickly changed by Akitar picking her up.

"Rawr! I'm a scary monster who eats little girls who wake me up!" He said, and started tickling her. Ala started laughing hard and flailing, leaving everyone else in the room laughing as well.

"Since you are already here, do you want milk in your tea?" Tammy asked as she turned to head down to the kitchen.

"Yes please!" Ala said between giggles, as Akitar set her down.

"Now Ala, Alice needs to get ready, so you better go let your parents know where you are, not that they wouldn't guess when they find your room empty. Did you sneak in through the attic again?" Akitar asked. Ala only responded with a guilty smile. Alice's parents knew the young girl all too well.

"You better be ready when I get back!" Ala said, running out of the room and headed up the stairs to the attic. It was a much quicker way to get between the row houses, as well as she and Alice had spent many hours of their childhood between them. The attics had become their playrooms over the years, but for the first time in a while, they would soon be empty.

After a pleasant breakfast at Alice's house, her parents started packing up the car with her belongings, while sending Ala back over to her house to get her parents. Haru and Arn Heath were sitting at their kitchen table, finishing up their morning tea. "I am guessing Akitar is packing up the car then? You might want to get Drake, while your father and I get the trunk over to the Aegean's car," Haru said, not really glancing over at her daughter. Ala was loud enough when she entered a room that it wasn't too hard to guess it was her. Ala nodded, and ran up to her room to get her owl. Drake had been a present from Tammy and Akitar, and Ala had been sad that he wasn't an actual dragon, but an owl. After she grabbed Drake's cage, after making sure he was in it, she ran back downstairs and then outside to the car. On the outside, it looked like a normal van. On the inside, it had been modified to be more spacious. At the moment, it had two trunks, two owl cages with owls in them, two little girls and four adults. Akitar had bought the van for occasions such as these, where the two families would need to travel together in a more, Muggle way, without having to use the Tube. [London Underground for those not in the know.] Being half-muggle, he could drive the car.

The trip to King's Cross was rather loud, since Ala was talking about all of the things she wanted to do at Hogwarts, while Alice, and everyone else, mostly sat there nodding and listening. Once at the station, Ala didn't wait for Akitar to fully park before dragging Alice to the station with her. "Wait, you need your things!" Haru yelled, causing Ala to stop mid-step.

"But mom- oof!" Ala didn't get to finish her thought as Alice collided into her back from the sudden stop.

"Ow," Alice said quietly.

"Sorry!" Ala said. Haru and Tammy both sighed, as Arn and Akitar went to get luggage carts for the trunks and owls. Soon the two carts were loaded up, and the two families were making their way through the station. Once they reached the space between Platforms 9 and 10, they paused. "I'm gonna go first, see you on the other side!" Ala said, gripping her cart tightly and running at the wall at full speed, with her eyes open. Once she got to the other side, she had the widest grin on her face. If her eyes could have gotten any wider, they would have. There were so many new people there! New friends! This is what Ala had been waiting for since her parents had told her about Hogwarts.

Alice looked up shyly at her parents, and took her mother's hand. "It is alright dear, we'll be with you. We can just walk if you need to," Tammy said. Alice smiled, keeping quiet for the moment and went through the barrier with her parents. Arn and Haru soon followed and caught up with their bouncing, overly excited, and hard to control, daughter.

"Alright you two, once you pick a compartment, we'll help you get the trunks in there and say our good-byes," Arn said. Alice nodded, while Ala grabbed Alice's hand and zoomed off, looking for the best compartment to sit in. Preferably one with many new first years, like them, so she could start making new friends.

"You know, that daughter of yours is going to get in trouble, right," Tammy said, looking over at her two oldest friends. Arn and Haru could really only offer up some apologetic looks.

"Its fine, Alice does keep her calmed down a bit... I'm not sure they both realize how much they really need each other in their life," Akitar said. Tammy looked over at her husband.

"You're being cryptic again, love," she said.

"Comes with being a seer, love, but you knew that," he said with a smirk.

While that was happening, Ala was opening random compartments, and peering in. After assessing the compartment, she would run off, leaving Alice to apologize for her friend. "Ala, slow down! There were a few empty ones we could have sat in!"

"Why? Its time to meet new people, Alice! Empty is boring! Besides, who knows, maybe our future person is here, like with my parents!" Ala said happily. However, she was not paying attention and soon bumped into Sam, and made a small sound.

"Oh my gosh! Are you alright?" Alice said, offering her hand out to Sam.

@Kirah @Starnight

@Kirah

"I can go inside my shadow, like this..." I reach toward the wall and into my shadow, pulling out the locket that Horace had discovered. "But I thought all the newer wizards could do it.....?" Placing the locket back inside, I reached for one of the bags, pulling it out, I knew I had found the right one. "Do you want a Chocolate Frog? My parents always give me much more Galleons than I need." I reach in and pull out a couple of the coins and reach across to hand them to the mysterious girl in front of me.

Muggles everywhere. It was suffocating. Nathan threw few nervous glances at the muggles crowding the station as he pushed a trolley through the masses of people while trying to maintain a somewhat dignified look. His parents were just a step behind and he didn't want them to notice mere muggles were making him uncomfortable. Though the fact that they were muggles wasn't the only reason he felt self-conscious. Nathan wasn't really used to public places with masses of unfamiliar faces and he'd rather stay away from them. However, it seemed there was no chance that would be happening anytime soon, according to what he'd heard, Hogwarts was no small school and he'd just have to get used to strangers around him.

"Ah, there it is."

Nathan was pulled out of his thoughts as his father's words reached his ears. The only thing that stood before him was a wall of bricks, a disguise to fool the stupid muggles. Though it still felt kind of weird, running at a wall, for the first time anyway, and Nathan found himself glancing at his parents behind him.

"Go on dear, we'll be right behind you."

Giving a small nod at his mother's reassuring tone of voice before turning to face the wall again. He started with few steps and his pace quickened with every stride and all too soon, he was crashing into the wall. Except he wasn't, he went straight through it. Walking further onto the platform 9 3/4, Nathan let his eyes roam his surroundings, there was still a lot of people around but these were wizards and witches, not some lowly muggles, and somehow, that made the boy feel slightly more at ease. Suddenly, he felt a hand drop onto his shoulder and as he looked up, he could see his father looking back at him.

"Alright, let's go load your luggage in."

It didn't take long for the three of them to get the boy's belongings loaded, except for the toad Nathan had insisted on keeping with him. His parents hadn't been too pleased when their son had informed them he wanted a toad instead of an owl or a cat since either of the two would have been a more fitting pet for a Reaket. However, the boy didn't ask for anything often so they had ended up letting him have the frog even if they didn't like it. Especially Rhiannon despised the animal.

"I still wish you had picked something else instead of that slimy thing."

Nathan simply ignored the insult directed at Sam as he gave a small smile at his parents.

"I'll see you on holidays, I'll study hard until then."

"I'm sure you will, don't get in trouble and don't talk to mudbloods, alright."

Rhiannon gave a quick peck to her son's forehead before her husband ruffled Nathan hair slightly.

"Make us proud, son."

"I won't let you down."

Without further exchange of words, Nathan turned around and boarded the train. It was already quite packed and the boy found himself wishing they had gotten to the platform earlier so he could have picked a seat instead of settling with what was left. Though there was no use complaining about it now and it didn't take long for Nathan to locate the rest of the first years. However, finding an empty compartment seemed like an impossible task at first but it seemed like luck was on his side. Letting out a small breath of relief, Nathan entered the empty compartment he had came across and closed the door behind himself before sitting down.

Piece and quiet, at last.

Taking Sam onto his hand, Nathan petted the toad tenderly.

"Don't listen to what my mother says, you're not slimy."

@Demonic

Mireille watched in a mixture of emotions primarily curiosity, which was the only one that got her speaking after the original introductions if she could help it. This boy was strange and he had a magical shadow. If Mireille was muggle born she might think he was a pan or something similar. Mireille though knows better than that.

"I've never seen that before honestly." Mireille told Nick. "Oh, I'm good thank you though. I have my own." Mireille patted a pocket on her jacket there was a responding jingle of money. Her family was the Standiford family. They were well known for making weird drinks such as the ever popular speedy hot drink. Those were served cold but once you drank it the drink would heat up in your mouth to just the right temperature.

Are there any compartments left? It was like all the compartments on the side where everyone loaded were full. But Naomi was determined to find a place she could see Matt. She was distracted from this focus when she heard a slight commotion down the corridor. (Is that the actual term for it?) There were three girls further down where she'd noticed it'd come from. Her curious side took over, and she went down to see what was up. "Is everyone alright?" She asked, setting the cat cage down in case she needed to help, not that it really looked like she was needed.

@Kirah

"Okay then, so what do you think it'll be like? I grew up hearing stories of the golden trio, but I was too young to know any of it first hand. Did you know that their kids are first years as well?" While I said this, Horace was talking to me. You need to be careful what you say to her. She smells off. Turning to my shadow, I say. "Horace, will you be quiet, I'm not three anymore."

The silence was almost stifling, but it was all in Etienne's head. Every once in a while he would glance at the pale boy and fidget. It would then occur to him that his fidgeting might be bothering the boy so he made himself stop. His nervousness started making his mind focus on other things. Things like the door not being fully open, or the unbalance of the compartment in the way the boy sat near the window and Etienne sat near the door on the opposite seat, or the stain in the floor that if cut in half would have a longer right side.

Etienne bit his lip and pulled the door until it was fully open, then moved to the end of his seat next to the window and right in front of the fancy boy. Terrified, he looked to see if he'd bothered him. Nothing. The boy didn't even blink.

But there was still that stain. That horrible hunting stain with it's unbalanced shape! There was a spell to clean it, Aunt Merida had tried to teach Etienne so he could be a better house servant but performing magic accurately was not Etienne's strong point. He knew it of course, he just couldn't do it right and it would be so embarrassing to fail in front of the confident guy across him.

He sighed.

It was then that two boys entered the compartment laughing, "heya! mind if we sit here WOAH dude! Are you a first year? You're huge!"
The other boy laughed and jokingly but in a friendly manner said, "I think he just looks huge cause his friend's small!"

It was a bad attempt at breaking the ice but their tone had been friendly enough that Etienne didn't immediately shrivel. He blushed and looked down while he tried to think of a friendly response.

"Find another compartment," ordered the pale boy coldly, not even bothering to look away from the window.

Of course, the two boys didn't like his tone, "we're just trying to make conversation. That's how you make friends you know?" said one of them while the other added, "I don't think he does."

"I don't," came the reply and his tone had no indication of an interest in being taught.

After a silent pause the two boys left.

"I don't either," said Etienne to himself as he thought about it.

To his surprise, he got a reply.

"Good for you."

Mireille seemed to relax a bit more as the conversation progressed.

"Oh yes. I've heard some stories. My mother didn't go to Hogwarts, she went to Beaubaxton (sp?). I did hear some stories though." Mireille said. "I think it's their younger son." Mireille trailed off. Too many things stayed in her brain. She didn't want to come off sounding like a stalker. "But the older son has been at Hogwarts a couple years already." She figured sounding vague would diminish the "if I hear it once I remember it" part of her. She had done that with her mother a lot and it helped the older woman deal with her daughter. Only Mireille's grandmother really understands her, out of her family.

@Demonic

One the girl had nodded that she was alright, Alice smiled. She looked at Naomi. "It would seem everyone is fine... Ala just has a bad habit of getting a bit ahead of herself... I'm Alice, by the way." She looked over and saw an empty compartment and tugged on Ala's sleeve. "We should take this one... if you'd like to join us you can," she said, addressing both Sam and Naomi. She opened the compartment door and set her coat on one of the seats. "I'm going to let our parents know," she said, running off quickly. Poor Alice was a bit shy, and was nervous at the moment, especially after Ala had bumped into someone already.

The boy had said Slytherin and Justice just nodded, his whole family ancestry had a rivalry with Slytherin. Justice couldn't wait to get to Hogwarts but was nervous that the two would have to rivals with Carlyle would be in Slytherin. To be honest, he had no doubt that he would be in Griffindor because through out his life, his father and brother had told him he would be in Griffindor one day and now it was his time to keep the family ancestry of Griffindor going. But Justice was also worried that he would fail his courses or something possibly getting booted out of Hogwarts.

"Dang it i can't wait to get to Hogwarts" The boy with a big smile on his face staring back at Carlyle.

When Carlyle asked him if he would join the Quidditch team in the second year it never came to mind, he didn't really like the sport that much and wasn't athletic. The boy was really small and could barely ride a roller coaster, let alone ride a broomstick. The boy the rested his head on the seat and stared at the ceiling.

"Wait are you serious look at me!? Besides i don't really like sports" The boy raised his eyebrow at Carlyle.

The boy then looked back at the ceiling trying to get his mind off the whole houses topic, he wondered what it would be like being in another house but quickly shook that idea from his head trying to avoid the topic. He then opened his eyes and looked over at all the seats, looks like every seat is taken, wow were almost there.

Ala rolled her eyes at Alice when told that that carriage would do. She sighed though, because Alice was already gone and off to find their parents. Ala stepped into the carriage, expecting the two girls to follow her in. "I'm Ala Heath." She introduced herself. "Is this your first year too? I'm quite excited." Ala glanced out the window and watched Alice find both sets of their parents right where they had left them.

@EchoRun @Starnight @kittyluna45

"Okay," Naomi said when Alice said everything was fine, picking up the carrier again. She watched as Alice ran off to find her parents. She seems nervous or something. That was understandable, she guessed. "Yeah, I'm a first year." She replied to Ala's question as she followed her into the carriage . "My name's Naomi. Naomi Castel." She tried to sneak a glance out the window to see if Matt was out there. "I'm really excited, too."

Reactions: Kirah
Sam leaned against the wall for a moment, catching her breath. Once she was sure her heart had stopped racing, she took up the offer of joining the other girls in the compartment, sitting by the window.

After Ala introduced herself, Sam introduced herself as well, saying, "Hi! I'm Samantha, well, Samantha Moore, but everyone I know calls me Sam,"

Answering Ala's question, Sam grinned and said, "Yep, this is my first year! I can't wait to start," Looking out the window, Sam found her parents standing where they'd been when she entered the train. Smiling, she turned away from the window, and placed her bag on her lap so she could search through its contents.

Alice soon came back, with two sets of parents behind her, each with trunks. She had two owl cages, and handed one over to Ala. "Here's Drake," she said and set down Helga and looked around. She had heard both girls comments on being first years and smiled. "So we'll all be first years together," she said.

"Be good, both of you," Tammy said and smiled. She kissed both Ala and Alice on the forehead and smiled at Noami and Sam. "I do hope you'll both be good friends to them both," she said. Akitar smiled, hugging both of them and then walked off, letting Haru and Arn say their good byes.

Ala hugged her parents and Alice's parents good bye. Haru also reminded Ala to be good. "I don't want a letter from McGonagall two days in." She gave Ala a stern look and then a smile before leaving.

Ala looked to Alice, "No faith in me." She sighed and took a seat. "Oh Alice this is Sam, well Samantha, but she goes by Sam. And this is Naomi." She introduced.

Ala then leaned over to Drake, her owl, and said, though she would argue she whispered, "We're going to Hogwarts."

Naomi took a seat next to Sam and set down the cage holding Calix. While she waited for their parents to leave, she would peer out the window to see if she could spot her brother, she eventually saw him, or at least someone who looked like him, standing within the crowd of parents and family. When Ala's and Alice's parents left she said. "Your parents seem nice."

"Hey, I have an odd thing to ask, but would you be all right if I allowed Horace to join us? He's been so cramped that he is quite literally yelling at me." I just want to meet her, but I can't see her mind from in here, you don't know how much this sucks. Now look at me, I'm starting to sound like you. With this in my mind, I returned to observing the train car, not that there was much to see, but I hadn't been on a wizard train before, so it was new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.