Harry Potter RP Search

K

king_arthur

Original poster
  • Hello Everyone! I am interested in some harry potter role plays! I have a very similar thread up in the regular partner connections forum but I wanted to expand my reach and add some things. Please be sure to read through at least this and the ‘expectations’ section before contacting me. My plots are underneath this whole section, and they’re written out both in a short version and a detailed version so you can look at the plots you like and skip the ones you don’t. I do plan on posting more here as I think of it.

PM me or comment below if interested!
  • Please write with detail and good description; I don’t care about your grammar/spelling (I have good grammar/spelling though in case that concerns you).

I write approximately 250-500 words per post/character, but my starters tend to be way longer. I do tend to match, but sometimes I may be feeling more or less inspired and this will reflect in my length. I don't care how long your posts are as long as I have something to reply to and you can say you've honestly done the above, which means writing with detail and description.

Please write in third person.

I work full time during the week (CST), please do not bug me about multiple replies a day, but I believe I can give you every few days. I will notify you if it will be longer.

All of these plots are romantic.

Not every plot has to have sexy times in it, but there is the possibility, hence the reason I'm putting this here. Since our characters will most likely be in school, no sexy times whatsoever until both characters are over 18. That's a thing.

If our characters do get sexy, I'm not going to do a fade to black. We can talk about the level of detail we actual want to include, but fading to black just breaks up the scene too much for me.

I give what I get, and I'm not talking about length. If we're doubling and you add some really awesome/romantic stuff to read for the character you are playing for me, then I will do the same for you. This pretty much boils down to how much effort you put into the character you're playing for me.

All of these plots are in the Golden Trio Era and entail you playing Neville Longbottom for my male OC. Some of these plots I will double with you, some I will not. If you do not want to double on a plot that I am willing to double with you on, that is fine with me, but I will still ask you to play Neville for me. If we double, I'll play any character for you, no matter their gender or YC's gender.

If you want to see more about the OC I will be using for all plots, please check the section marked “my oc.”
  • Name: Arthur McCross
    Nickname: Art
    Birthday: November 22
    House: Slytherin
    Blood status: Pureblood
    Quidditch Position: Beater
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Ethnicity: Irish/Romanian
    Personality: He can be cocky and sarcastic, and has sometimes been known to have anger issues, but he can be weak under the thumb of authority unless he has someone backing him up. He has a wicked sense of humor and is fiercely loyal when finding someone that he considers "worth it," though those people are far and few in between.

Fun facts about Art:
    -As a Slytherin, he is terrified of snakes.
    -His patronus is a snake (what can I say? I am evil).
    -As he gets angrier, his Irish accent becomes increasingly more difficult to understand.
    -He often swears in Romanian because it's more vulgar and he can get away with it.

tumblr_inline_mwyh0xxH9d1rm1gfu.gif
    tumblr_inline_mwygxpG5d61rm1gfu.gif

tumblr_inline_mwygx6beny1rm1gfu.gif
    tumblr_inline_mwyh1m4Xzi1rm1gfu.gif

• No Doubling
    Excitement *****
    TL; DR: Neville is the chosen one and he and Arthur go through an edited/heavily time-skipped version of the entire series.

+++

In this role play, we would be going through the years of the two boys in Hogwarts. My OC, who is usually a pureblood, will be a muggleborn, just for the sake of the plot. They meet in first year, and young Arthur, who doesn’t understand the house rivalries, ends up befriending Neville. The two end up going through an edited version of the events from all the books, but with us just role playing parts that are deemed important (as trying to role play 7 whole years with many repetitious parts would be… well, repetitious). Below is a simple outline of how I think we should go about planning this, though I am plenty open for suggestion and changes.

First year: Friendship begins at start of year; the pair defeat Voldemort and Quirrel at the end.
    Second year: Arthur is the one who receives Tom Riddle’s diary, most of the year is gone through with jumps over the lulls.
    Third year: This year would be majorly or entirely skipped, as most of the drama is “Harry specific.”
    Fourth year: Neville is the 4th champion of the Triwizard tournament; house rivalries begin to tear the two apart.
    Fifth year: Neville and friends start the DA, Arthur agrees to join but this only creates more friction and house rivalry.
    Sixth year: The two would be completely separated this year, not talking to each other. Perhaps Neville suspects Arthur of being a death eater. This year would be nearly entirely skipped.
    Seventh year: Arthur does not go to school because of the muggleborn ban and Neville recruits his help for the search for horcruxes. As their friendship begins to repair itself, romantic tension also forms.
  • Doubling Allowed
    Excitement ***
    TL; DR: Neville, Arthur, and any others get in trouble at school and their punishment is to switch bodies and walk in each other’s shoes.

+++

Neville and Arthur (and for the sake of brevity, I won’t keep mentioning “and other characters”) get into a fight at school, over something. The reason can really be anything, but it should be something more serious. A professor catches them and decides to bring them to Dumbledore so he can decide what to do them. In classic Dumbledore-fashion, he is cryptic and vague about their punishment, simply saying “you’ll know when it begins and you’ll know when it ends.” Perplexed, the students leave and go to their respective dorms. It isn’t until the next morning that they figure out what exactly their punishment all entails. They wake up in an unfamiliar place, realizing eventually that they are no longer in their dorm room, rather, they are in a different one. But not only that, they’re in another body too. The point of this role play is to have the other characters live in each other’s shoes and have to get around the difficulties of the others’ lives.

As an addition to this plot, a side effect of the ‘body switching experience’ may be vivid dreams that are actually the other person’s vivid memories. For example, Arthur may dream about Neville visiting his parents in the hospital. These memories will usually have a lot of significance for the person. This part though, is optional.
  • Doubling Allowed
    Excitement *
    TL; DR: Neville, Arthur, and other characters are dealing with the stress and trauma that is provided by Hogwarts run by Snape and the Carrows. In the interim, they find their soulmates and have to learn to work together, even if they don’t want to.
    Note: This is obviously a soulmate AU, though it does not have to be under this context. If you don’t like this idea but still want to do the AU, feel free to suggest something.

+++

Neville and Arthur (and for the sake of brevity, I won’t say “and other characters” every time) are in their seventh year. Neville, trying to spark a rebellion, and Arthur, just trying to keep his head down and nose clean. This is when they discover the they are soulmates, an unfortunate timing indeed. The soulmate AU I had in mind (granted, this is easily changeable) is that every person with magic is born with a black and white tattoo of the thing their soulmate is most passionate about. Once the person’s soulmate sees the tattoo, it is ‘colored in,’ so to speak.

Once this happens, a bond is formed, that draws the two soulmates together, whether they want to be together or not (typically they do, but in our case, they wouldn’t right away). The bond can be ‘half formed’ meaning that only one person has seen their soulmate’s tattoo while the other has not. This bond grows stronger the more time soulmates spend together. It is like a magic within oneself, feeling warm and fulfilled when the two are together/touching, feeling turbulent and restless when the two have been apart for a long period of time, or one person is in trouble, or feeling guilty/betrayed if someone else was to touch their soulmark (the tattoo) or one person was to be intimate with another person. Prestigious pureblood families often ignore the soulmate bond and continue with their arranged marriages as the bond does not discriminate against blood status or sex.
  • Doubling Allowed
    Excitement **
    TL; DR: Arranged marriages between Neville and Arthur and any other characters at Hogwarts! (you might want to read the whole thing...)

+++

The ministry (for whatever fun reason we come up with) has decided that marriage is a vital for young people to be married. Whether it is as a learning experience or if it's for protection or for some arbitrary reason that really just makes no sense, it doesn't really matter. What matters is, is that people between the ages of 16-21 have to get married, to someone not of their choosing. That choice is up to the ministry, though it's mostly done by random (though there may be 'comparability forms' I dunno, we can decide that if we want).

The ministry, of course, is aware that many of these people are still in school, and have set up accommodations with Hogwarts to continue to make this work for the students. A space within the Room of Requirement has been set aside to act as a shared living space for the new couples, as they learn to live and work together. The point of this roleplay is honestly just pure, gross, fluffy romance, so if you like adventure, this may not be for you, but if you like somewhat slow build romances, then perhaps it is.

• Doubling Allowed
    Excitement ***
    TL; DR: All our characters get a lot of detention together and grow closer over the year

+++

Arthur and Neville, as well as your OC and their love interest (I won't keep mentioning them for the sake of brevity), receive detention being served by Professor Snape (I think this rp would work best in 6th year but we could do 5th or 7th). Snape tells them that they need to go into the forbidden forest in search of a specific plant he needs and if they can't find it? Don't worry about that, Snape will continue to assign attention to our characters until they do. During the rp, our characters will constantly be partnered up to search together, along the way growing closer and caring about each other. Together they will face any an all adversities the forest throws them and will begin to bond even outside the forest.

• Doubling Allowed
    Excitement****
    TL; DR: Neville and Arthur, and your character and love interest, end up learning each others' worst moment from their past and worst moment from the future by accident. Knowing this kind of information really just does something to a relationship.

+++

Arthur and Neville (along with your character and their love interest) are partnered together in divination class. The goal of their assignment is to be able to see one moment from their partner's past and one moment from their partner's future. The thing is though, the tea leaves they were given were a little more potent than every one else's. The characters get visions (they can happen right away or perhaps there is a delayed response) of the worst moment from their partner's past followed by the worst moment of their future. Knowing these kinds of things does things to a person. Our characters are perhaps curious about the past, or wanting to warn the other about their future. Maybe sharing something (even if it's done unwillingly) so personal and intimate is enough to bring two people together. Regardless, after the events in the class our characters end up running into each other a lot more frequently, either by accident or by choice.

• Doubling Allowed
    Excitement***
    TL; DR: Our characters are all teachers at Hogwarts.

+++

So, as I'm sure you can already tell, this is more of an idea than plot, but I can elaborate on it further. Or at least, I can do so for what I had in mind for Neville and Arthur. You can decide (and I can help if you wish) which direction you want your pairing to go in if we're doubling. My thought is that Neville is the Herbology at Hogwarts, as is canon, and he is hiring assistants to help him teach and grade as his class is quite popular. Either that, or I would still like him to be the Herbology teacher (obviously) and Arthur to be the Quidditch/Flying coach. Throughout the year the teachers would obviously have to work together and... that's about as far as I got. We can decide more if you're interested though.

• Doubling Mandatory
    Excitement ***
    TL; DR: Arthur and Neville, and your OC and their love interest, go through different plots that can be related but could also be unrelated so we can both have plots we like.

+++

Do you have a plot set in the Harry Potter universe that you would really like someone to do with you but you just can't find any takers? Well I'm that taker. I will do nearly any plot in this universe that you would like under only a few conditions. The first one is, obviously, you have to double and play Neville for Art. Sorry, I know I don't give a lot (or any choice), but in return for this I will play anyone you ask, as long as they went to Hogwarts in the golden trio era (plus or minus a few years) or can be made as a teacher and are paired with another teacher (anyone in the mauraders era). Another condition is that your plot can't drastically alter the universe (unless we work something out). Since all of our characters are in the same universe, it can't be changed to the point that it alters my plot. Things I am okay with is adding in new teachers, adding in your OC and new NPCs (obviously), making other canon characters your character's friends, etc. Small stuff like that, otherwise, we'll have to talk about it. And the last thing I should clarify is that our plots do not have to be intertwined (but need to exist at the same time). They can be, as much as one set of characters are constantly interacting and affecting the others plot, or maybe they're simply friends and talk sometimes. Or further still, maybe they never talk and it's almost like we're doing two different rps. Whatever is fine! Though, we will still format it so it's like we're doing 1 rp so we're not letting one person's role play die out. So basically, I'm willing to play any character and go through any plot of yours as long as you are willing to do the same for me.