Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was interesting. *scratches head*

A part of me wants it to just be a fanfiction.

It's almost as bad as My Immortal tbh.

I wouldn't say it was that bad. I just feel... hm... well I just can't take it seriously. Or canon. Rather unfair for the book readers who can't attend this play.

There's a point where you just have to stop. Book 7 was that point, in my opinion.

YEP. That's Writing Rule #1. Sigh, such a shame that so many successful writers ignore it.

Reactions: Greenie
Draco asks Harry to use his position as Head of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic to shut down gossip that a Time-Turner was used to allow Voldemort to impregnate Astoria, Draco's wife, who gave birth to Scorpius.
HAHA. I love it.

To be fair, this is a bit like reading the Wikipedia synopsis of something and judging it solely on that. I'mma wait till I see it first, personally.

To be fair, this is a bit like reading the Wikipedia synopsis of something and judging it solely on that. I'mma wait till I see it first, personally.
That's a fair point indeed. It should be interesting to see all the same, though I still can't help feel it will have fanfictiony vibes. Much like the same way I feel about the movies.

Wasn't that bad. You can make any story sound like shit when you condense it into tiny brief paragraphs, and the article author's writing also isn't the greatest.

Besides, JK Rowling is in a bad position of writing a sequel about the next generation. Somehow you need to include old characters to tie them together and make fans happy, and you can't go too overboard lest it seems forced and meaningless.

You'd actually have to see people acting the scenes to sell all this.

Somehow you need to include old characters to tie them together and make fans happy, and you can't go too overboard lest it seems forced and meaningless.
A modern day author who is actually really good at this is Tamora Pierce. Each of her series has a brand new protagonist yet she keeps the old ones around as well. Quite impressive actually.

I'm not sure why this play had to be written but I love the HP universe so it should be a fun ride

Hi my name is Delphie Riddle-Greengrass-Malfoy-Rowle and I have long silver hair (like my deviantart oc)with blue streaks that reach my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Lord Voldemort before he lost his nose (AN: if u don't know who he is get da hell out of here!). I'm not related to Cedric Diggory but I wish I was because he's a major fucking hottie. I'm a time traveler but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin and a back tattoo of my spirit animal. I'm also a witch, and I go to a magic school called Hogwarts in England where I'm in the seventh year (I'm seventeen). I'm a Death Eater (in case you couldn't tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Madame Malkin's and I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, black fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. I was walking outside Hogwarts. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of mudbloods stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.

"Hey Delphie!" shouted a voice. I looked up. It was... Albus Potter!

"What's up Albus?" I asked.

"Nothing." he said shyly.

But then, I heard my dad call me and I had to go away.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: moffnat and Jorick
That was kinda shit. :( Came off as bad fanfiction and tying it to timey wimey again was a bad move. I mean, i'm sure there is a market for adventures for future potters,weasleys-Grangers but time travel? No. What's wrong with just a simple plot about the new potters and co getting up to minor mischief.

The gossip bit, either that was meant to be comic relief or a plot point. And Harry wishing Albus wasn't his son? What in the seven fucks of potter? Harry said that. HARRY! THE BOY WHO LOST HIS PARENTS AND WISHED HE HAD THEM SAID THAT TO HIS SON!?

Fuck this Cursed Child.

But I am hoping it's all mistakes by the author of the article.

And i do agree JK should have stopped after 7. In fact, Pottermore was a good idea but it's said to be crap now and well, it's being milked.

What is shocking is that people are whining that Hermonie is played by a black actress. It's a damn play that has nothing to do with the films and well, it would be rather odd if Emma Watson was replaced by someone else but still. it doesn't matter. The play? Doesn't matter. Daniel Radcliffe is trying his hardest to escape Harry Potter thus his different roles. That said, he is a bit of a shit actor. :-/

Come to think of it, HP wasn't the best book series in term of quality but it was a damn good one and a staple of many people's childhoods.

So, go on, Hollywood. Remake it. Shit all over my memories. I know you want to. Go ahead, dig the knife in. Twist it. I know you hate our childhoods. Go on. milk it.

Way to go, George Lucas.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Fluffy
Status
Not open for further replies.