Harmony Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he should be disturbed or not to how easily she admitted she would have to kill her sibling, it left a cold prickle on his flesh. She seemed rather at ease with saying it would happen if the beast within rose and took control, but he held onto a slight understanding that it wouldn't be so easy.

Turning his blue irises over to her as the feathers behind his ears frilled out slight with interest to her explaining about Deletaine's, it almost sounded like a host and parasite relationship. He wasn't so sure he liked the very idea that children were sought out by such creatures and in turn were given an near human life.

Absorbing all that he could, Feng shut his gaze letting his brow pucker some before they reopened and lingered on Bambi. "I find elements mesmerizing over demons, I've met enough of those damnable creatures in my life to know better than to worry or even let them pray on my mind." he admitted, he had seen many many of them. In the astral plain and in reality. "But I would be lying to say I wasn't curious to know what sort of element and beast was within Roman's mother."

Managing to keep the sweat from his brow, he honestly hoped it wasn't one of the nine devils that had taken up residence in his departed mother with how Bambi made it seem.

----

Taking note of how he avoided answering her to what he did in his spare time, Rhelic narrowed her white and pink eyes to him trying to peer into him further than general eyes did. But that was promptly halted when he spoke at her again stating he was quiet and smart while in the same breath daring to implicate that he wanted to spent time with her, even through around words that usually would sweep most off their feet, leaving them giddy and giggling.

Scratching her crown before dragging her nails through back to comb the love silver locks back, eyes of steel laced hard to him trying to figure out his goal. Why was he not weary of her for being what she was, the title of abyss was usually enough to send most away even if they didn't understand what it meant really.

Dark lips opened with a slight sigh, her shoulders slumped forward as she felt the soft fur of the cat climbing into her lap and start to kneed with its claws into her leg. "You are determined aren't you? Should I be weary that you are trying to persuade me into even liking the idea, especially when I don't know you and in turn you have no idea about me. You stated yourself you haven't seen me around here since today, yet you have been here a lot. I do not mean to come off rude or what not, but I have a long personal reputation of not having anyone ask me out even just to hang, men and women alike. I am nervous to suddenly be given a chance which in turn makes me believe that you may want something from me or from my family."

Pillars, she was a pillar to the realm of the living world. She was training to take that right from her father, relive him of his duty to keep the four elements in check and balancing the world in turn. She was worried that Roman and Bambi may be trying to gather information now, she didn't mean to become suspicious but she was suddenly. They had been coming for how long now, she managed to avoid them carefully then Bambi was so headstrong to get Feng out of the shrine... what if they were planning on overthrowing her and in turn capture Feng? He was her avatar though she had awoken him far earlier than most- he was uniquely hers. Just as Fir was that of her sisters, though Fir was only one avatar and Ramisa would never be able to have any other familiars.

Rubbing her cheek again, Rhelic looked shamefully downwards; "Sorry Roman, I am being rude." she at least apologized for that, though she was not so willingly to trust full heartedly. Everything seemed so out of the blue that she was anxious. "You said you had just begun dating, what happened to your last girlfriend?" it might be a clue to whether or not to trust him.

Bambi brushed back her jet black hair and blinked her ice blue gaze once, and than twice, before speaking. She grinned and licked her lips.
"Well, the animal demon that is inside Roman's mother, is a frog. Fetteri is the frog's name, and it is mostly associated with the poison dart frogs of the rainforest. I mean you couldn't have any old toad as an animal demon, could you?" Bambi laughed deeply and she rubbed her hands together softly. "Her elements are Earth and Water. With Fetteri, he's basically harmless, besides the occasional sickness that will befall Roman's mother." Bambi than leaned in close, with one hand hiding her mouth.
"Between you and me, she has a lot of warts too! But don't tell Roman I told you that." She laughed and leaned back on the couch.
----

Roman was happy, and he was being more playful than usual. And than it stopped. He gulped and averted his eyes away from Rhelic. He sighed heavily and looked back at Rhelic with pain in his eyes.
"She left me, because I wasn't good enough. Because sometimes I can't control what I say. Because she was weirded out by the fact I talked in a foreign tongue sometimes. She just wanted me for my looks, and my money. I would dare say she destroyed my heart. " Roman said the last sentence with scorn, and he sighed and shrugged.
"Things happen for a reason I suppose. I mean she was my first girlfriend, and I was blind to her ways until I caught her cheating on me." He sighed once more and looked away for a moment, watching Bambi look over at him, concern spread across her face. She put on a smile for him and spoke loudly.
"Is that bitch still getting you down Roman? Don't worry about her!" She laughed and smiled again, the true care for her step brother showing plainly on her face. Roman smiled some and a voice echoed in his ear.
"Romanius, why haven't thee disposed of that insolent child, yet? Thy self could do it for you.." Roman shook his head and gulped and looked at Rhelic, half smiling.

He blinked with what he learned before he grinned sincerely with a haughty laugh, rather amused to learn such a demon was nothing more than a frog. "My lips are sealed," he nodded before he raised a single brow, the smirk on his lips lingering. "I was a little concerned I must admit, I thought you were going to say that his mother had one of the nine devils inside of her." He sighed with relief leaned back.

"Your family is quite interesting Miss Bambi, it is rare that I get the privilege of learning so much even by the mouth of another." Shuffling on the couch, his attention sparked momentarily before he dared a curious eye to her. "You said your family name is well known over the world, how many generations has it been since you all became demon hunters?"

-----

Content where she was with the animal in her lap, she tussled her hair back with a shake of her head listening carefully gauging his words. Watching how is previous light mood promptly dissipated, Rhelic seemed more certain of herself. She prided herself on being able to really tell when a person was lying through their teeth and with how his emotions came to show on his face, it was loud and clear.

Especially when Bambi spoke up - starling her effectively having forgotten the other two entirely- before she gave a softer gentler look than before to him. "Sorry I asked." she admitted absently as she began to rise from her seat and shuffled the cat out of her lap, though it seemed less than pleased to have been moved.

Putting her feet under her body, Rhelic turned her nose a little away from him seeming like she was snubbing him completely before she traced her feet around the counter top, fingers falling flat to the fridge to pull it open. Keeping her words silent at first, she turned around and threw a package of defrosting hamburgers onto the counter. "Well I won't say yes to going out with you... yet." she lifted a finger allowing the impish smile to curl over her lips, letting the sharp fangs in the corners -top and bottom- flash as she began to waggle the finger. "I'll offer a supper right now to the both of you."

"Supper?" Feng's ears perked as much as they could, as she sighed putting her hands to the counter.

"You are as bad a dog hearing the plastic unwrapping across the house."

"Oh I only did that once." Feng replied honestly causing Rhelic's bottom lip to puff out some before shaking her head.

"And your sister likes that?" She leaned forward to point her thumb towards the living room with a hushed tone, "He is a half wit." smirking some, Rhelic pulled back as she offered again a softer look to him. "You could be getting yourself into trouble with me Roman, I don't mean like wanting your money, or looks, guys shouldn't look better than the girls anyways- but with... everything else." her chest rose with the intake of a deeper breath, "How about we start as friends before you even really consider putting yourself on the line with a babe, plus you don't want to be seen as a cradle robber do you?" she began to tease this time about, fingers picking up the hamburger to at least start putting them apart on a plate.

Bambi raised an eyebrow.
"The nine devils? Explain, if you can. I'm intrigued." She laughed and than thought over his last question. Her family history started way back when humans first inhabited the earth.
"Well, I mean. Back in early Mesopotamia I would believe. They were nomadic at first, and then they started settling in Europe, Asia, England, Africa, and as where." She laughed and licked her lips. Bambi heard the word "supper" and she looked up from Feng and smiled at Rhelic and Roman.
"I would sure love something good. " She chuckled and returned her gaze to Feng.

Roman chuckled at the cradle robber comment and shrugged, but he agreed with her request. Of course he wanted to know about her before he really started to date her. Roman looked at the defrosting hamburger meat and licked his lips.
"Sure, does look tasty. I mean, would you like me to help you cook it? I don't mean to brag, but I am a really great cook!" He laughed and winked at Rhelic and grabbed the defrosting hamburger meat and began to tear into it. He finally opened it and he set it down on the counter and grinned sheepishly.
"Where are your skillets and spices?" He waited for her to reply and looked at the multitude of cabinets adorning the walls and underneath the counter tops.

It was his turn to lift his brow when she asked him to explain about the nine devils. "You are a demon hunter and you know nothing of the nine devils?" he frowned deeply at her, "I hardly thought that knowledge had died to the world, or is it more a best kept secret?" he mulled it over openly not answering her as of yet but not thinking of answering it either.

He had lost his train of thought when he heard the word of a meal, his attention swirling around to stare at the pair in the kitchen and gripe more so when Rhelic deemed him a dog. It was such a degrading name to be called especially when she knew damn well he was the furthest thing from it.

Shuffling off the couch to stand and stretch, Feng stifled a yawn that threatened to rip up from him. "Perhaps I'll explain another night Miss Bambi, speaking of such creatures is a fine way of cursing yourself." he was superstitious but he had lived through many events that stemmed around the damnable demons. "I will gather up some pages and scribbles of words for the next time and hopefully have Rhelic keep guard so that the astral plain does not rip us asunder with their names."

Flailing somewhat to catch the thrown paper towel that pelted him in the side of the head, Feng glowered back at Rhelic seeing the rare yet frightening look that ripped up from her curious eyes, the pupils that were usually wide and whole were vertically sharp staring at him as if he was about to set a flame. Rubbing his brow with a muttered of an apology in a tongue foreign to most, Rhelic wrinkled her nose before retracting her gaze. "Superstitious old sot." she muttered loud enough to be an insult but it was nicer than what she could have called him.

"Perhaps some fresh air may be a good idea," he threw back the paper towel to bounce on the table that had been empty as he let his gaze shift over to Bambi.

Rhelic opened her eyes to peer at him through her lashes before her brow lifted and she gave a scoff to him. "You are bragging." again she wrinkled her nose seeing how he was eyeing the food, "Not going to eat it raw, are you?" she managed to say before widening her stare to him watching him tear into the package.

Again her sights closed as she itched behind her ear, her brow puckering a little as the grin returned to her dark lips pulling at the corners. "It's summer, you don't cook hamburgers inside on a skillet in summer." she shook her finger at him, "How are you suppose to get the smoky flavour, that savory flame kissed taste that is only done a few ways," dipping the tip of her finger towards the meal, "That's grade A bison patties Roman."

Swinging her hips around the counter top, she motioned with a beckoning hand stepping over the cat that had yet to go back on its way outside, and stepped through the french doors.

Feng pulled a grim line over his face, "Oh this could get nasty, Rhelic is generally the only one who cooks in this house. We might have a chef war on our hands." He spoke some, tempted to linger around to see what could happen and more tempted to hide under the couch until it was over.

Rhelic pointed towards the stainless still charcoal barbeque that sat on a cement pad on the porch to stop from burning, as hands slipped around her lithe waist to perch on her hips looking upwards to that of Roman. "Do you know how to use one of these oh great head chef?" she lifted her brow in a mock fashion letting a single fang grace against her lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.