Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
My Usual Online Time
10AM - 10PM Daily
We're going to be in a HOUSE soon and there's very specific things we want. >:D

WHO CARES ABOUT THE FLOORS... well let me tell you. D: I have to SIT on that floor while I'm on the compy, so it matters.

Now, I like wood floors. >:3 I can always throw down a nice rug. And it's soooo much easier to clean than carpets. We're a messy-spilly bunch. >>;

S

Sweet~Taboo

Wood floors + neat rug= awesomeness

Plus you can get a huge comfy pillow to sit on for your bootay!

Moonlit Blade

World Renowned Dine-and-Dasher
Writing Levels
Douche
Wood floors, totally. It's cheaper to sweep than to vacuum, and mopping is also easy. Also, carpets get all grody and can catch fire.... (and I'm allergic to carpet dust, so I have a personal vandetta against installed carpetting) So, hardwood floors! And you can just put carpeting on top, so it's the best of both worlds.

C

Captain Nic

My pragmatism yells to me TILES! FUCK'N TILES. Water won't do bad shit to it, and doesn't burn like wood. There's also good variety too.

But wait, this is YOUR house we're talking about? YOU DON'T NEED MY OPINION. YOU NEED NOTHING!

ViralFiend

The Red Tower
Hardwood or laminate is my initial suggestion. It's easier to maintain than carpet. Also, tile gets VERY cold in the winter months, so unless you plan to have a floor heater installed I say stay away from that. Hardwood and laminate are also easier to install yourself if you wanted to go that route. And another thing, DO NOT "MOP" like Moon suggested. Water is the enemy of ALL floors. You want to buy a cleaner (or mix your own) and use a spray bottle to administer a light mist across the floor and DRY MOP it up. Use as LITTLE water as possible. The best method is sweeping your everyday mess, and following my previous instructions for spills and sticky messes.

In closing, I DO flooring so feel free to ask me anything!

O

Ochalla

If you're changing the flooring, if you want 'hard wood' look at bamboo, and pergo. If the wood is already there, congrats!

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I'm fine with doing both, but it depends on the situation and how comfortable I am with the RP, plot, or subject matter of the RP.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
F

Fluffy

Imma have to sit on the floor too so I can do homework at the coffee table. xD My grammy made us some nice, soft, cushy pillows made for sitting on the floor comfortably. So some awesome pillows are something to consider whether or not you have wood floors. :3

Blind Hemingway

I dropped my keys in the cooling pool
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
SCREW THIS. I'M CHAOTIC STUPID. I LOWER MY TROUSERS AND WIZZ ON THE KING.
Favorite Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi or Furrisms, DnD, High Fantasy, romance. Straight up Horror.
I CHOOSE DIRT.

C

Cosmic Orion

Tile is nice & cool in the summer. But is also even colder in the winter. But given where I live that's not really a huge issue.

Zypher

Can I transfer you to my manager?
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
I'm good with both! I can lead or follow and I'm equally okay with either. (Although it can change depending on the scene too!)
Favorite Genres
Adventure stories! They can be fantasy, modern, sci-fi, all kinds! Give me some good world travel stories and I'm all over it! I also enjoy romance stories and even though I tend to play females I love playing gay men.
Genre You DON'T Like
Smut. It's not that I dislike it, I just can't write it out, I'm better at just writing smut scenes by myself.
I'm so immature, so I'm just going to giggle like this "Teehee, wood"

But seriously I prefer hardwood flooring for pretty much all the reasons everyone has stated and like Ocha said bamboo is good. Tiling is hard to deal with in the winter cause it gets cold but I don't think you'll have that kind of problem living as far south as you do...

If you want to go the pretentious route you could always go for faux-marble or granite XD

Male
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Genre You DON'T Like
I'll try just about anything. I'm not overly into RPs where the prime focus is romance. I'm not too hyped on fan based anime rp either.
I would go with wood floors for sure, I just put some in for a friend recently and they look great.

Also if your doing it yourself, Tile is a messy, hassle to install...not worth the time or headache, or money for that matter, especially if you want nice tile.

L

Lunatic AI

The mr is a floorist. I would LOVE to have a tile floor. You could toss big fluffy throw rugs on itand have a fireplace... like... viking style...

A

Ampoule

WOOD + CARPET.

Just BOMB A NICE CARPET WHERE YOU WANT/NEED IT.

My sister's house just got a laminate (I think?) floor that LOOKS like wood though. It's pretty dang nice. All the pretties of a wood floor plus the easy cleaning of laminate.

M

Moonlight

I like hard wood, but one or two rooms with a thin carpet is cool two. Just not the whole house, so I guess I'll go with zee wood!

Sakura

Official Iwaku Little Sister
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
After 5PM EST weekdays
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Instinctively passive unless the story needs a push. I adapt as needed.
Favorite Genres
SciFi, Fantasy, Modern, Twist Genres.
Genre You DON'T Like
Mature, Horror (with rare exceptions)
Ah, I hate wood floors because after a couple of years they'll creak like a haunted house. I like tiled. It's easy to mop and clean and it feels cool to the touch and smooth. I always like staring at people's tiled floors because the patterns are pretty =D

Also, I like carpeted areas, too, but sometimes wall-to-wall carpeting is annoying because once the carpet stains or gets old you have to get rid of the whole thing and that's difficult.

We have wood tiling in our rooms and big rugs/non-attached carpets and it's awesome. The living room is eww because the wall-to-wall carpet is getting old and the color faded x/ It was this pretty teal green and now it's like pastel bluegreen and weird :3

I hate vacumming, but moping and brooming are fun =] So for me, carpets that CANT be broomed (like the one in our living room) are a pain xD

Good luck! =D