3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Okay, it's a little early, but I'm excited! Here's some fun Canadian trivia for you!

• Canada is the second-largest country in the entire world by land mass! You can fit France into it over 18 times!
  • An estimated 15,500 of the world's 25,000 polar bears live in Canada!
  • Canada and the United States of America share the world's largest land border between two countries!
  • The sport of Basketball was invented in Canada!
  • Superman (yes, THE Superman) was part Canadian! He was co-created by Torontonian Joe Shuster and Ohio resident Jerry Siegel
  • Steppenwolf, the Guess Who, Rush, Avril Lavigne, Niel Young, and Bryan Adams are just a few Rockin' Canadians!
  • Nearly a third of Canada is covered in trees! Approximately 31% of all our land is forest
  • Canada was first discovered by John Cabot in 1497, we declared confederation and formed a federal dominion in 1867, and became an official country in 1982 with the Canada Act! Officially, it turns 147 years old on July 1st, 2014!
  • "Auld Lang Syne" was written by popularized as a New Years tune by a Canadian!
  • Canada holds the record for Most Gold Medals won from the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics!
  • A popular Canadian dish is the Poutine! It's made from french fries and cheese curds, with hot gravy poured over top!
  • Canada has more doughnut shops than any other country
  • Canada was rated to have the highest quality of living in the world!
  • Did you know Canada has it's very own Loch Ness Monster-like legend? A sea creature called Ogopogo reportedly makes its home in Okanagan Lake, British Columbia!

Canada%20flag-XXL-anim.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EchoFT and Fijoli
Thank you, Canada, for the most delicious ginger ale ever.

Also, hockey. The only sport I care about.

canucks.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Canada!

And poutines are delicious. I should eat some in celebration of the country it came from. :P

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
People may say that you're America's hat, but we're Canada's pants.

....butts

• Love
Reactions: Minibit and Fluffy
Wait, wasn't "Auld Lang Syne" written by a Scotsman (Robert Burns)?

Nevertheless, happy birthday, Canada, ye home to Joni Mitchell, the Northwest Passage, and my dearest love, miss Anne Shirley! Hope you encounter no wars in the nest few....[time measurements]!

• Love
Wait, wasn't "Auld Lang Syne" written by a Scotsman (Robert Burns)?

Nevertheless, happy birthday, Canada, ye home to Joni Mitchell, the Northwest Passage, and my dearest love, miss Anne Shirley! Hope you encounter no wars in the nest few....[time measurements]!
Written by Guy Lombardo from London, Ontario! But it's a VERY old song, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these is a miscredit

Woohoo!

• Love
YAY CANADA!

I'm a day late, I know, but I was super drunk yesterday.

• Love
10402621_10202660232243271_5083983522166078656_n.jpg
Just because I like being a jerk and run on First Nations time. Vive le Métis.

Grr. Speaking of Canada Day, I didn't get to see fireworks. I am very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.