HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SEIJI MY BRUH, MY DUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kooriryu

Original poster
Vine by hanami For proper musical accompaniment, click vine.

I was gonna, like, shove as many tacky, corny birthday-themed videos, .gifs'n images as I could but my dash and newsfeed is full of like... moe cute shit and that's not your bag, not super anyway. So I thought maybe I'd just limit it to one, still nada. So fuck it. If I can't find anything cool to show you on your BIRFDEY then I'mma do the next best thing a friend can do.

I'mma embarrass the shit outta you in front of all these people.

So, a very happy yet also very chill birthday to one of my oldest and best friends. Seiji, I've fucks'd with you since we were 15 and I've cherished every moment since then. (Even when you'd send me super gross shit back in the day, like goatse and meatspin; p.s. fuck you still for those links) I don't even think that it's rare or even uncommon to find people with whom you click; what is rare and uncommon is the common sense to maintain and continue precious friendships with people who "get" you on an appreciable level. You, my dude, are one of those friends. I appreciate you so much because not only do you exist in this world but you're also my friend and you've been my friend all this time. I can't really say here all the ways in which I treasure you but what I can do is is celebrate a personal trait of yours which I've always admired but I don't think I ever had the right context to tell you about.

While it's so important to find people who understand you on levels past the kind for polite interaction in mixed company, what's important about them also is what's a bit different about them. Where we differ a little is that you love people. You love talking to them, shooting the shit with them, tellin' jokes and tellin' lies and I think that's extremely valuable in a person. You love people period, and I think that's what helps you be and probably what drove you to become a Community Volunteer. (Y'know, even despite the utter shenanigans I know that goes down) But what really makes this quality about you shine is that you also and very adequately can tell when to tell others to fuck off. You love people yes, but you're also here for people; you'll hold their hands when they need it and let go when they don't. And that's how I know you really care, you don't rose-tint your interactions with people. You already see people as people who do good things, bad things, reeeally embarrasingly immature things instead of the perpetual kid in need of saving, of just a bit more optimism, of just one more second chance that would drain a less worldly person. That distinction makes you shine brightest to me.

Friendships can be long or they can be short but one of the tenets of long friendships is looking at a person and asking oneself if they're someone you want to be friends with as you-in-the-present and them-in-the-present. And my answer is: Yes. A resounding yes. I absolutely wanna keep being friends with you, Seiji. Of all the things I know what's been done and said and happened-- I will always want to keep being your friend. I appreciate your camaraderie, your honesty, even the moments when we're literally taking a shit and we're on skype and we tell each other about like we don't already know. You are precious to me and I look forward to being friends for another ten years.

welcome to your #durtythurteez bruh

I remember back before I was even an admin and you called me on the phone asking for Lea and my mom was like "WHOS DIS RANDOM KID CALLING YOU?!" 8D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake:

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I already wished you happy birthday, but happy birthday again. Eat this Canadian cookie :cookie:

Happy birthday Seiji. Glad to see you survive another rotation around the massive thermonuclear radiation ball we call a sun. :ferret:

• Love
Congratulations! You're one year closer to dying! Happy Birthday!!

• Love
Happy Birthday dude.

I know we've had our ups and downs but you're a good dude and I'm glad we're friends. Had some really good times chilling with you, playing DnD as Alyssia and Dane, Knightswatch. Making Pie, doin' random shit.

Keep it real you old bastard.

I hope you have a damned good year

@Seiji

• Love
This is like, the sweetest thing anyone's ever written or said about me. It's EULOGY level shit. Or wedding toast level shit.

It's awesome.

You da bomb diggity, @Kooriryu, and the rest of you as well, thank you so much. To those I know well, to those I don't know at all, to those I have latent animosity towards (but never genuine hatred, I assure), really-- thank you. Here's to another year of knowing each other, growing with one another, and most importantly-- another year of shenanigans!

• Thank You
Reactions: Kooriryu
HEY YOU.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

HIT ME UP LATER FOR SLOPPY GAY ADULTEROUS MAKEOUTS A MOVIE NIGHT.

• Love
Dude. Seiji. My bruh. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I say it here so people can know what an awesome dude you are. Hanging with you for that short while in Georgia was a legit fun as fuck time for me, and I'll be damned if we don't hang out again man. Here's to hoping we stay friends for a long time, dude.

SKYPE KNIGHTS, UNITE.

• Love
I remember back before I was even an admin and you called me on the phone asking for Lea and my mom was like "WHOS DIS RANDOM KID CALLING YOU?!" 8D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake:
I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL YOU AND THAT WAS THE ONLY REAL LIFE NAME I COULD REMEMBER.

It all worked out doe. That was the first internet-person phone call I ever had. I remember the day, too. It was cool and raining really hard, and I was hiding in the bathroom for privacy with the window open and I was leaning into it watching the rain and the cars go by. <3

Aahhh, youf.

Reactions: Astaroth
Reactions: Pahndemic and F0X
Status
Not open for further replies.